Should look at this for future scheduling....

In real college football, all colleges have schedules 4 years in advance. After talking with several players, I asked them "Why did you come to this school, instead of a major high prestige school?" Their response was...looking at the high caliber of teams this college has on their future schedule list, I would be getting the exposure here, whereas if I went to a high caliber team, I would probably be second or third team, here I can play. My point being...if this game allowed scheduling for 4 seasons down the road it would help local schools land local or area players. This game in its present form relies too much on prestige on landing players. If you had scheduling for 4 years down the road, they could be changed (in case of ownership changes) easily, or with a buyout of the deal in a 40%-60% money going to the budgets of the schools involved. Recruiting is everything in this game. Give the lower tiered teams a chance to get good players by allowing them to schedule down the road. I think it would be a great addition to this game. Also: The PAC-10 now plays everyone in the conference, no more odd man out scenerio. And Western Kentucky will be joining Conference USA this year.

• 2 weeks later...
It's a good idea. It also gives the added fun for if you're playing a better caliber school and you schedule some mid-major five years down the line...and then when that time comes you're struggling coming off a down year while they've suddenly vaulted into the top 10. Interesting scenarios...

Archived