A few suggestions...

First and foremost, I would like the game to be challenging no matter what season you are entering. In total pro basketball, I found after a few years, I was able to stack teams that won 65+ games every season. Anyone knows in real life that this is not really possible. I understand in college there are dynasties and prestigious programs, but I just hope that it isn't incredibly easy to win a championship or compete for one every year without doing a lot of number crunching... I hope it actually takes a lot of thinking to put a winner on the field. I would also like to see something similar to EA Sports NCAA football, where schools get disciplined, if they in turn, don't discipline their players for violations. Violations varying from simply skipping practice, or something serious like cheating on test papers. Definitely have player styles. For example... a running back. Is he a power runner, or is he finesse? Wide receiver: hands or speed? DB: coverage, hard-hitter? And so on... Another neat feature I think you could add is, when a player graduates, have them go into the college football hall of fame if their #'s permit. I would also like to see the complete NFL draft results at the end of the season. If it's not possible to be able to see the entire NFL draft, just have it so you can see where your players got selected, and not just "1st round", or "3rd round", I want to see the exact #. Another suggestion would be a mode called something like "create a coach". Create a coach from scratch, have him build up his resume as he goes along, set the length of the game to around 60 years max, then have a high scores list at the end of the game. I think this would be a very important feature for replayability. You could submit your high score to the online high score list to see where your score ranks with other players of the game. I'm a big fan of as much information and as in depth as you can get in games like this. Examples: Does the player currently have a girlfriend? What kind of car does he drive? What's his personality like? What is he majoring in? What's his current GPA(could also affect an IQ rating)? Is he popular on campus? Does he have a nickname? Is this weeks game being played on TV? How many fans were in attendance? Is the player unhappy with playing time(could lead to transfer)? Can he play more than 1 position? A lot of this info is really unneeded, but it makes it a lot more interesting, and I think it's little things like these that can make or break a game.

I do agree with the "easy to win" part. TPF and TCY, its easy to get any team to almost always have a winning record. In TPF I usually change teams after a few seasons because I'm tired of winning 12 games a year. In TCY, its too easy to build a club into a regular 8 game winner, and once a certain level has been acheive, it almost never will slide backwards aside from the stray bad year. There needs to be more of an "outside influence" where over twenty years a team will have fluctuating success. Of course this would not be so important in a large multiplayer league, but offline it definetely would enhance the game.

Archived