A Tale of Two Bookers (C-Verse)

END OF MONTH UPDATE: MY TAKE ON PROMOTIONAL RANKINGS [COLOR="Green"]Although I’m breaking this list down by where each promotion is based out of, the numbers before each promotion indicate current world ranking based on average worldwide popularity among the 33 in-game areas. World Rank. Federation (In-game size): Average Popularity/Average popularity in home country, Prestige[/COLOR] [B]UNITED STATES (13 Promotions out of 40 worldwide)[/B] 1. Total Championship Wrestling (Cult): 46.55/70.06, Prestige 58.3% 2. Supreme Wrestling Federation (Cult): 46.12/70.72, Prestige 57.7% 10. Danger and Violence Extreme (Cult): 23.10/50.38, Prestige 62.8% 11. United States Pro Wrestling (Regional): 18.90/48.70, Prestige 53.5% 18. Angel Athletic Association (Regional): 6.13/15.01, Prestige 16.0% 26. Pro Wrestling MAX (Small): 2.05/6.77, Prestige 10.5% 28. New York City Wrestling (Small): 1.81/4.43, Prestige 13.0% 32. Phoenix Wrestling Company (Small): 1.63/3.84, Prestige 20.9% 33. Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling (Regional): 1.53/5.05, Prestige 38.9% 34. Babes of Sin City (Small): 0.97/3.20, Prestige 6.0% 35. Rhode Island Pro Wrestling (Small): 0.85/2.31, Prestige 44.3% [COLOR="Blue"]36. Mid Atlantic Wrestling (Small): 0.84/2.78, Prestige 30.5%[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]40. Western Wrestling Xcitement (Local): 0.30/0.98, Prestige 1.0%[/COLOR] [B]JAPAN (11 Promotions out of 40 worldwide)[/B] 3. Pride Glory Honor Wrestling (National): 41.22/79.11, Prestige 80.9% 4. Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods (National): 40.36/75.09, Prestige 90.0% 5. Inspire Diversity Group International (Cult): 28.25/63.11, Prestige 70.5% 7. World Level Wrestling (Cult): 25.38/51.24, Prestige 52.7% 8. Golden Canvas Grappling (Regional): 24.19/46.36, Prestige 50.3% 9. 5 Star Supreme Wrestling (Regional): 23.25/42.29, Prestige 59.4% 19. Japanese Championship Wrestling (Small): 5.61/23.13, Prestige 30.0% 20. TIER 1 (Small): 5.23/21.58, Prestige 41.4% 21. WINNOW: Japanese Women’s Wrestling (Small): 2.93/12.09, Prestige 11.3% 31. Hinote Dojo (Small): 1.63/6.71, Prestige 29.8% 38. Pro Wrestling SAISHO (Small): 0.52/2.13, Prestige 25.7% [I]xx. Warrior Engine XXV-bankrupt and are no longer in business.[/I] [B]CANADA (5 Promotions out of 40 worldwide)[/B] 6. North of the Border Pro Wrestling (National): 27.73/73.30, Prestige 73.3% 12. Canadian Golden Combat (Cult): 16.81/62.54, Prestige 70.2% 22. Canadian Charisma Championship Combat (Small): 2.70/17.80, Prestige 11.0% 23. Canadian Women’s Wrestling Federation (Small): 2.41/15.90, Prestige 30.5% 39. Quebec Pro Wrestling (Small): 0.49/3.26, Prestige 25.7% [B]MEXICO (5 Promotions out of 40 worldwide)[/B] 13. South of the Border Pro Wrestling (Regional): 10.70/49.13, Prestige 40.0% 14. Mexico Premier Wrestling Federation (Regional): 9.74/41.50, Prestige 49.2% 15. Original Lucha Libre in Extreme (Regional): 9.70/41.20, Prestige 58.3% 24. Mexican Hardcore Wrestling (Small): 2.26/24.83, Prestige 30.5% 30. Wrestling Alliance of Mexico (Small): 1.63/17.97, Prestige 30.1% [B]UNITED KINGDOM (3 Promotions out of 40 worldwide)[/B] 17. 21st Century Wrestling (Regional): 6.90/44.13, Prestige 30.0% 25. Men of Steel Combat (Small): 2.08/17.13, Prestige 23.0% 29. Ring of Fire (Small): 1.67/13.75, Prestige 11.0% [B]EUROPE (3 Promotions out of 40 worldwide)[/B] 16. Ultimate Combat Ring (Regional): 7.27/48.73, Prestige 25.0% 27. European Wrestling Alliance (Small): 2.02/22.27, Prestige 20.2% 37. European League of Professional Fighters (Local): 0.81/8.87, Prestige 10.4% [U][COLOR="Green"]Observations from the author[/U] First off, how the heck is CZCW 33rd worldwide? I mean, come on, they’re at almost 37% popularity in the South West, but…33 out of 40? For that matter…can someone explain by BSC is ahead of both MAW and RIPW? …Oh, yeah, the women. I should have known…curse that Honey Golightly! :D If this were college football, we’d have a controversy as there is a “split” #1. TCW is ahead in the world rankings, but SWF has a higher popularity in their home country. As it stands, I’m going by world rankings, and so TCW gets the nod for now as #1. Big difference between the top 2 in Japan and #3 (INSPIRE)…BHOTWG may yet have a chance to take over #1 in Japan from PGHW. WINNOW is in a debt warning currently, as is TIER 1. WLW just jumped up to Cult right before the end of April, which explains their rise to #4 in Japan and a comfortable margin on GCG in the 5th spot. It will be a sad day for 4C if CWWF overtakes them in the rankings (especially as CWWF is facing financial trouble). Otherwise, the top two in Canada are pretty much locked in. Interesting note: NOTBPW’s average popularity in the US alone is 49.00, putting them just behind DAVE in US-based popularity. The Mexican wrestling scene right now is a race for 2nd, as SOTBPW has a semi-comfortable lead. There’s only .04 difference between OLLIE and MPWF, and SOTBPW can attribute its’ lead to having over 26% popularity in the South West US. Across the pond…no real surprises. 21CW has a stranglehold on the UK, and UCR likewise in the ever-fickle European wrestling industry. ROF is facing financial pressure, as is ELPF. Three promotions deadlocked at 1.63 worldwide popularity each: WAM takes the edge due to prestige (30.1% compared to Hinote’s 29.8% and PWC’s 20.9%) I’ll try to keep this updated every so often. [SIZE="5"]Oh, yeah, I almost forgot…PREDICTIONS![/SIZE] Chris: 1 from MAW + 2 from WWX = 3 Emark: 2 from MAW + 1 from WWX = 3 And it ends in another tie. I really need to be more unpredictable...or we need to get some more readers in here, whichever works. :D Same rules apply for this go-round as they did last time, you two. You know what to do.[/COLOR]

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B][COLOR="Green"]UPDATE: After a slight lull (due to not really having any time to work on the game), I'll return Monday with the between-show storyline write-up for MAW. I have most of it done; I just need to add a few details to it, and the weekend gives me the chance to run both MAW and WWX for the month. The story will resume Monday with a new (but likely expected) signing for MAW. Stay tuned....[/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR="Blue"](Point of view: Evan Toliver) [B][I]May 4, 2008[/I][/B] “G**damn it, Evan, why are you doing this?” I had been expecting that reaction, and was ready for it. “Rip, you told me yourself that you were worried about him, right?” “Yeah, but-“ “I figured that, as his first work in this business, that he should work for his father’s company, to get a feel for what it’s like in the real world.” Rip was silent, and pondered this for a few moments. Then, he looked me squarely in the eyes. “Are you sure? You do realize that he’ll likely want to be paid more than the amount you let a few other people go for, right?” “If it keeps the peace between my boss and myself, then so be it. Besides, I already have a storyline in mind should this go through.” “Which is…?” “I won’t say much so as not to give it away, Rip, but…let me ask you one question. How would you feel to getting in the ring one last time, if it sounded like a good idea?” “What do you mean?” I wrote something down and handed it to him. He looked at it quickly, then looked back at me, and said, “Are you ****ing serious?” “Yes. I think it would be a good idea, if we could somehow arrange it.” “You do realize that until this guy--" he pointed to the third name I had written “--loses his title that they won’t allow it, right?” “I understand that. But it’s still something I’d like to try. Think about it, Rip…that guy and yourself are two of the veterans of this business. Imagine the draw we’d get for a match of that caliber.” He sighed, and thought about it some more. “I don’t know if I’d be able to go in the ring anymore. I’m not the world champion I used to be, Evan.” “I understand that, Rip, which is why I want to bring in the other name.” He paused for a few moments more. “OK…if you can find a way to make this happen, Evan, I’ll do it. But this is going to be the only time I intend on doing this.” “That’s fine, Rip. All I was hoping for was one time; at the pay rate he’s getting down south, we’d only be able to afford him for one show anyway.” “Afford who?” My eyes snapped to the doorway as I got my first in-person look at Jay Chord. I could see some of his father’s features in him, as well as the attitude that I’d come to expect from the teenagers of the current generation. “All in due time, Jay. Please, sit down; let’s talk business, shall we?” Twenty minutes later, the discussion was complete. Rip was right; Jay had wanted a good deal of money per show--$950 to be exact. Also, there were other conditions…but nothing that I couldn’t handle as long as I kept myself focused. I just hoped that he was worth the cost of several of my other workers put together. But still…this was the boss’s son. I had to make an effort for him. And besides, I could still see the plan in my head, and hoped it would come to fruition: [SIZE="5"][B]Family Feud…two well-known wrestling families collide in a Tag Team Match![/B][/SIZE] [I][SIZE="4"]Multiple-Time World Champion Rip Chord, to team with his son Jay Chord[/SIZE][/I] VERSUS [SIZE="4"][I]Multiple-Time World Champion Peter Valentine, teaming with his son Casey Valentine[/I][/SIZE] I just prayed I could afford Peter at $7,000 for a one-shot appearance, and hoped that Rip would live long enough to make it happen. I thought it would be something the fans would love to see. I knew I was hoping to make it happen, at any rate! Any further thoughts I had on this subject were interrupted as I heard a knock on the door. Coming in, much to my surprise, was D.C. Rayne, formerly one-half of Natural Storm. “Good morning, D.C…how can I help you today?” “I was thinking…I am not sure if the fans are ready to see me face Mainstream for the title yet. It would occur to me that someone else was going to get a shot a couple of months ago, but couldn’t because he was laid out.” “You’re referring to Steven Parker, correct?” “I am. I’d be willing to hold my shot back a month, and let the fans see what I’ve heard them saying they want to see: Hernandez/Parker III.” “Are you sure, D.C.?” “I am. But if I may ask…can I have a match with Erik instead this month?” “Hmmm…it has possibilities. OK, you’ve got yourself a deal.” “Much obliged, boss…big boss,” he then added, nodding at Rip before turning and leaving the office. Rip looked at me. “This is how you do business?” I shrugged. “How else are they going to learn? Some ideas are pure gold…others fail miserably. If they suggest an idea and it bombs, they know not to do it again. In this way, Rip…all of us learn.” Rip had a dubious look on his face as he walked away. I can’t say that I blamed him; but then again…he picked me for a reason. I was just trying to make him happy he made that decision. [B][I]CARD FOR MAW TIDEWATER RUSH[/I][/B] [I]To be held at the SPW Training Facility in Hagerstown, MD[/I] [B][I]Mid Atlantic Championship Match as determined by Emark![/I][/B] Mainstream Hernandez (champion) vs. Steven Parker [I]This is the third time these two have clashed in the main event for the title, and both times the matches were contenders for MAW Match of the Year. Can lightning strike a third time…or can they perhaps go beyond the standard they have already set?[/I] [B][I]Undercard Attractions[/I][/B] D.C. Rayne vs. Erik Strong “Mean” Jean Cattley vs. Casey Valentine [B][I]PLUS: The MAW in-ring debut of the owner’s son, Jay Chord![/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]QUICK LIST PREDICTION FORM Mid Atlantic Championship: Mainstream Hernandez (champion) vs. Steven Parker D.C. Rayne vs. Erik Strong Casey Valentine vs. "Mean" Jean Cattley Jay Chord vs. ___________ (fill in the blank correctly for a bonus point) [/COLOR]

Mid Atlantic Championship: Mainstream Hernandez (champion) vs. Steven Parker-Hmmm :rolleyes: [B]D.C. Rayne[/B] vs. Erik Strong-Going with D.C. to build momentum Casey Valentine vs. [B]"Mean" Jean Cattley[/B]-Casey, I don't think is ready just yet [B]Jay Chord [/B]vs. _Antonio_ (fill in the blank correctly for a bonus point)-Build up the Old Man's boy quick and strong. (I hope you're lucky enough to get Jay to be loyal and stay with you for a long time)

[B][COLOR="Green"]UPDATE: Temporarily on hiatus due to Video Game Mafia. The absolute EARLIEST I'd be able to get a show written up is by Wednesday, and that's if things go according to plan (and as we all know, that never happens in real life). I'm still getting things together for the shows--I haven't even gotten to run my second of the month because my computer is acting up--but I've run the MAW show already. I'm in process of writing it up; once I have it ready I'll post. This thread hasn't died...it's just in hibernation. :D *Goes back to looking for Mafia scum*[/COLOR][/B]

(OK, so I'm late. Sue me! :p ) [COLOR="Blue"]LIVE from the SPW Training Center in Hagerstown, MD, Mid Atlantic Wrestling presents: [I][B][SIZE="4"]TIDEWATER RUSH[/SIZE][/B][/I] In front of a paid attendance of 125. (In the interest of time--and I admit, a slight case of writer’s block--we go right to the action this month.) [I][B]Dark Match: Jay Chord def. Cal Sanders[/B] Finish: Chord wins at 11:38, following a cradle piledriver.[/I] Evan’s Notes: All I have to say is one word concerning the in-ring skills of Jay Chord: DAMN! [B]MATCH RATING: E+[/B] [B]START OF MAIN SHOW[/B] [B][I]“The Future” speaks out[/I][/B] [The unmistakable sound of Guns ‘n’ Roses’ “Welcome to the Jungle” hits the speakers as Steven Parker comes out to the ring, already dressed for competition. He isn’t his usual arrogant self, though, as it appears that something is on his mind. He enters the ring and takes a mic from ringside announcer Marv Earnest.][/COLOR] Parker: It’s about damn time I get the title shot I was scheduled for two months ago, at Spring Slamfest. You see, some punk backstage had to take the coward’s way and jump me from behind, because they knew that I’d beat them if they tried to do it to my face! [COLOR="blue"][There’s some minor heat for this comment, but Parker doesn’t even acknowledge it as he continues.][/COLOR] Parker: So you see…tonight I finally get my chance at redemption that I was due two months ago. Mainstream, make certain you polish that Mid Atlantic Championship belt up real nice…’cause tonight, it’s coming home with me! This is reality, James…tonight is my night. Bank on it! [COLOR="blue"][Parker leaves the ring after this comment, not even bothering to trade insults with the fans as he goes backstage.][/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Evan’s Notes: Not the best interview I’ve seen Parker do…but it could always be worse. [B]SEGMENT RATING: E+[/B] [B][I]Undercard Match 1: “Mean” Jean Cattley def. Casey Valentine[/B] Finish: Cattley wins via rope-assisted pinfall at 9:39.[/I] Evan’s Notes: I was surprised at this match. I expected this to be a bit worse than what it actually was, so call me pleasantly surprised. I’m still holding out hope that Casey will become one of our better workers, and if he keeps this sort of thing going, then there might not be any problems with it. [B]MATCH RATING: D[/B] [B] [I]Undercard Match 2: D.C. Rayne def. Erik Strong[/B] Finish: Rayne wins via pinfall after a Storm Damage at 10:16)[/I] Evan’s Notes: I’ll be honest. I actually expected more out of this match. I figured these two might make for a good match-up, but it just never materialized on this night. Barring complications, though, D.C. will be getting his title shot next month at Heatwave. [B]MATCH RATING: E+[/B] [B][I][U](Intermission before main event)[/U][/I][/B] [B][I]Main Event: Mid-Atlantic Championship Match[/I][/B] [We go to the ring, where Marv Earnest is ready to make the introductions for tonight’s main event.][/COLOR] Earnest: Our next contest is our main event of the evening, scheduled for one fall to a positive finish, and is for the Mid Atlantic Championship! [COLOR="blue"][For the second time tonight, “Welcome to the Jungle” blares over the speakers as the challenger makes his entrance.][/COLOR] Earnest: Introducing first, weighing 249 pounds, a former Mid Atlantic Champion…Steven “The Future” Parker! [COLOR="blue"][Parker is all business, no smiles as he enters the ring and gets himself ready for this match. A few moments later, the music fades and is replaced by Aerosmith’s “Livin’ on the Edge” as the champion emerges from backstage.][/COLOR] Earnest: And his opponent…from Victoria, British Columbia, weighing 222 pounds, the reigning and defending Mid Atlantic Champion…James “Mainstream” Hernandez! Manuel Ramirez: This should be a great match-up; the last two times they wrestled, it nearly brought the house down each time. Evan Toliver: Thank you, Mister Obvious. What’s next, “the ring is square?” Earnest: Gentlemen, please. We have a match to call. [B][COLOR="Green"]Because this is a 30-minute match, and also because I’ll cop to the fact that I’m having writer’s block at the moment (again…), we’ll jump ahead in the match. We’re about 18 minutes in, with both men having had equal offense so far.[/COLOR][/B] Earnest: Mainstream back up to his feet, trying to build some momentum in this match, which so far has been too close to call. Off the far side ropes, here comes Hernandez…Parker ducks the attempted clothesline, rolls under the next one…and a ring-rattling spinebuster stops Mainstream dead in his tracks! Ramirez: But Parker is down too…that high-impact move must have winded him! Now it’s a race to see who can beat referee Devin Holston’s ten-count. Toliver: The next thirty seconds will likely determine the outcome of the match, guys. First one to their feet has a huge advantage! Earnest: Mainstream showing some signs of life, as he’s stirring as the count reaches five…he’s up to his knees at six— Ramirez: And Parker just nipped up to his feet! Steven Parker is starting to feel that he could have this match in hand, if he can keep Mainstream on the defensive! Toliver: And Parker feels that he could become the first-ever two-time Mid Atlantic Champion, if he can just put Hernandez away here! Earnest: “The Future” lays into Hernandez with right hands, staggering the champion back into the ropes. Irish Whip to the near side, now…kick to the gut, into a swinging neckbreaker! Nicely executed…cover! 1……….2…….kick out at two and three-quarters! Toliver: Steven needs to focus here; don’t get angry with the ref and finish the job! Ramirez: Parker again brings Mainstream to his feet…could be a powerbomb coming up. Earnest: Mainstream in trouble here as Parker lifts…hooks the leg, and a cradle piledriver on the champion! I didn’t know Steven knew that move! Toliver: Shades of Jay Chord there…cover! 1……….2………no! D***it! Ramirez: Hernandez just barely gets a shoulder up at the last possible moment, and man, does Parker look ticked off right now! Earnest: Mainstream must have kicked out on instinct, because he hasn’t moved at all since kicking out of that wicked cradle piledriver. He may be out, and the ref should check to make sure Mainstream can continue here. Toliver: And apparently, Steven’s moving in for the kill. Here he comes—no, small package by Mainstream! 1……….2..kickout with ease by the challenger! Now you’ve done it, Hernandez! Earnest: Right now, Steven Parker has got to be wondering just what on earth it’s going to take to finish off the champion as he pulls Hernandez to his feet. Ramirez: He hooks the head and arm, could be a vertical suplex coming up—oh, my God! Steven Parker just DRILLED the champion with a wicked brainbuster suplex! Toliver: Get the party ready; we’ve got a new champion! Ramirez: The challenger looks very confident as he walks towards his downed opponent…and covers him with just a foot! How insulting! Earnest: 1……….2………foot on the ropes! Again at the last moment, Mainstream finds a way out of a pinning predicament! Toliver: That just made Parker angry…here’s a cover, both legs hooked this time! 1……….2……..no! How in the hell is Hernandez managing to get a shoulder up off the canvas? Earnest: And now Parker is saying that it’s over; he wants to hit the Future Shock right here and finish the job! Hernandez is incredibly slow getting to his feet…finally does, in comes Parker, hoist onto the shoulders— Ramirez: Wait, Mainstream out the back door, Parker turns…Super Kick by Hernandez! Both men are down! Toliver: Come on, Parker! Don’t let him beat you like this! Earnest: Referee Devin Holston is exercising his 10-count as both men try to get up…he’s up to five, now six as both men stir. Ramirez: I don’t think Mainstream got all of that Super Kick—Parker is on his feet first! Earnest: Mainstream up as well; here comes Parker—misses a clothesline, and Hernandez absolutely FLOORS Parker with a second Super Kick, and I think he got all of it that time! Cover! 1……….2……….3! Toliver: I cannot believe it! How the hell did Hernandez pull that off?! Ramirez: Because he’s a champion in the truest sense, Evan! Mainstream retains! Earnest (arena microphone): Ladies and gentlemen, your winner, at 30:01 into the bout by pinfall, and still the reigning Mid Atlantic Champion…[B][I]James “Mainstream” Hernandez![/I][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]MATCH RATING: D+[/B] [B][I] After the match...[/I][/B] As Mainstream Hernandez rolls to the outside, Casey Valentine comes into the ring by way of the crowd, and stands watching Parker as he struggles to regain his footing. Finally, Parker gets up, and turns around to see Casey smiling evilly at him. From the angle of the camera, you can clearly see Casey ask “Remember me?” before delivering a kick to the gut, followed by his Massacre DDT to lay out the former champion in the middle of the ring. The show ends with Casey staring holes into the still form of Steven Parker. Evan’s notes: Go home, already! The show’s over! [B]SEGMENT RATING: E- END OF SHOW[/B] (Point of View: Internet report via CVWrestlepedia.com) [B]MAW Tidewater Rush Summary[/B] By John Ruth, exclusive to CVWrestlepedia.com HAGERSTOWN (MD): In front of a near-record attendance, Mid Atlantic Wrestling held their Tidewater Rush show to generally positive reviews. The only underlying complaint was that the challenger for the Mid Atlantic Championship this evening, Steven Parker, was slightly over-used during this show. Other than that, MAW can mark this show down as another success in their books, and should seriously start considering holding shows outside the Mid-Atlantic, to possibly increase their influence along the east coast of the U.S. Overall, [B][I]I’d rate this card a solid D for “Dependable.” [/I][/B]Details to follow… (Or you could just look above this part of the post and take a gander at the show itself. :D )[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=TrymV1;319724]I suppose I should state that I'm watching now, although I need to skim my TEW demo to remember all the MAW guys.[/QUOTE] Good, then you're just in time to cast predictions on the WWX card for the month. (Oh, and feel free to tell Foster to get in here and do the same, too...and tell him his potential spot on the Board of Directors is at stake. :D ) [COLOR="Green"][B][I]By the way, for those keeping count, Chris Caufield is leading the predictions, 4 correct to Emark's 3.[/I][/B] With that said, it's story segment time![/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"][B][I]May 13, 2008[/I][/B] [from CVWrestlepedia.com, South West US section] [B]Beyond the Ring: A Candid Look at Rising Stars in WWX[/B] [I]Part two of an occasional series[/I] By Tori Montgomery, CVWrestlepedia.com (also reprinted in the [U]Arizona Times[/U] on this date). Tori: Welcome back to the second part of this series, as we look beyond the ring at the workers of Western Wrestling Xcitement. Once again, I’m joined by David “The Phoenix” Strong and Brandy McDonald-Strong. Brandy: Once again, it’s our pleasure. Tori: Now, picking up from where we left off last time…how did both of you get into the business? Brandy: I was signed during an LWA talent search…although my first on-screen performance wasn’t anything I’d care to remember fondly. Tori: How so? Brandy: Keeping in mind that this was worked out ahead of time…the premise was that I was just going to be hanging around backstage, just watching the show. Along comes Gareth Simpson, who sees me watching the show, and asks if I want to be his manager. I say yes, he tells me to lift my top…well, you get the idea. Tori: Enough said. How much training had you undergone before joining the then-LWA? Brandy: Enough to know only the basics. I was supposed to be more a manager than in-ring talent, though that changed after David and I got together. Tori: I see. David, how about you? Phoenix: Well, I got my training at a Baltimore-area wrestling school, Bonebreakers. At 19, I started working in some independent promotions in the Mid-Atlantic area. A year later, this young upstart promotion out of South Carolina decided to take a chance on me…and that’s how I joined the LWF. I’ve never regretted it since. Tori: Along the same lines, David…with your size, why become a technical wrestler? Phoenix: Brawling has its’ points, but I refuse to conform to the idea that larger men like myself have to work that type of bout to succeed. I was real big on technical matches growing up, and I swore that if I ever made it in wrestling, I would learn to work a technical-based match very well. Tori: So I take it that you taught Brandy some technical skills, then? Brandy: He did. With his tutelage, I became more of an all-rounder in the ring. I think it’s helped immensely, both in terms of performance as well as my self-confidence. Phoenix: I’ll admit, she took to learning the technical aspects rather easily. Tori: One other question, David…how do/did you manage to pull off a 450 Splash? I’ve seen cruiserweights that have problems executing that move! Phoenix: Well, the way my body is built, I have a high center of gravity. I had wanted to make a top rope splash one of my in-ring moves--sort of “The Phoenix takes flight,” I guess--and one day I went to jump, overcompensated a bit, and found myself doing a somersault senton splash. Thinking that it would be a hell of a sight to see someone my size pull off a move like the 450, I worked for several months until I could land a 450 with regularity. I don’t do it much in the ring now, though, ever since my ankle injury back in 2002. I still practice it though, in case I ever need to utilize it. Tori: With that said…what of the future for you two? Brandy: Well, right now I know the WWX is having a few financial problems, but down the road I’m hoping to spearhead the vitalization of the women’s division. There are quite a few workers on our staff who can work a good match--but I want to be the first Women’s Champion here. Tori: David? Phoenix: I’m looking at more long-term goals. I know that a guy my size won’t be able to work forever--the weight alone will wear down a body--so I’m already trying to learn more about what happens off-camera. Be it a road agent, a referee, an announcer…or heck, even as an owner or booker down the road…I want to be able to transition from in-ring work to backstage stuff. I intend on staying in this business for as long as I can, and hopefully someone will remember me in the annals of wrestling history. Tori: That brings us to your title shot at Xtravaganza. What are your thoughts? Phoenix: Well, first off I have to get through Gareth Simpson this month, with that title shot on the line. It’s been well-documented concerning the history between Gareth, Brandy, and I. I’m going to have to bring my A-game to the ring, and not look forward to next month yet. Gareth is more than enough to worry about at the moment. Tori: All that aside, let’s say you do win at Retribution. What are your thoughts on the champ? Phoenix: I’m taking nothing away from Emmett. He’s a solid brawler, but he can work in other areas as well. He’s deserving of the title. The question, though, is “am I going to take a shot at the Heavyweight champ, or will I try my hand at facing my good friend Chris Waits for his Desert Star title?” Regardless of my choice, and the outcome of that match, I will walk out of the arena knowing that I have done the best I can do. So is it written, so shall it come to be, and The Phoenix shall see it done. Tori: And with that, this interview is over. Be sure to check back as every so often, we’ll go Beyond the Ring again with another of the workers trying to become known in WWX. [B][I][SIZE="4"]FINAL CARD FOR WWX RETRIBUTION[/SIZE][/I][/B] Sunday, Week 3 of 2008, to be held at The Simmons Center (San Diego, CA) [B][I]Clash of the Champions: NON-TITLE MATCH[/I][/B] Emmett Evans (WWX Heavyweight Champion) vs. "Crazy" Chris Waits (WWX Desert Star Champion) [I]For the build-up leading to Xtravaganza, it seemed fitting that two of the champions faced each other in a non-title match. These two once competed over Chris' Desert Star title...how deep will this old rivalry run?[/I] [B][I]Xtravaganza Title Shot on the line![/I][/B] The Phoenix (current holder of the title shot) vs. "The Prototype" Gareth Simpson [I]The next chapter in this stoic rivalry is set to occur at Retribution. Phoenix currently has the edge in this renewed rivalry...can Gareth find a measure of retribution? (word play intended)[/I] [B][I]#1 Contender's Matches to determine challengers at Xtravaganza[/I][/B] [I]To determine the next challenger to Chris Waits' Desert Star championship:[/I] "Bad @$$" Jason Webb vs. Trym Severla [I]To determine the next challenger to Jayzon Styles' Cruiserweight championship:[/I] Wesley Fyreheart vs. Graves[/COLOR] -------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="Green"][B]QUICK PICK SHEET FOR RETRIBUTION[/B] Emmett Evans vs. "Crazy" Chris Waits The Phoenix vs. "The Prototype" Gareth Simpson "Bad @$$" Jason Webb vs. Trym Severla Wesley Fyreheart vs. Graves[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Green"]Oh, good...we actually had some differences of opinion...man, it feels good to have THREE whole readers now! :D [/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]LIVE from The Simmons Center in San Diego, California, Western Wrestling Xcitement presents: [SIZE="4"][B]RETRIBUTION[/B][/SIZE] Held in front of a paid attendance of 37. (Point of view: Duane Strong)[/COLOR] [I]So here we are, one month away from having done this for a year. Unless we start raking in the cash, my job is in deep jeopardy. I need to start looking into how to get the money myself, because I refuse to be fired by Jason Webb. That’s all there is to it.[/I] My thoughts at this point were interrupted by Tori, who had just walked in the main arena where the show was to be held. “You look focused on something…what’s wrong?” I shook my head slightly. “Just thinking…next month will be the 12th show we’ve held in WWX. Hard to think a full year has almost gone by.” She smiled a little at this. “Let me guess…you’re worried about the money.” “You know me all too well, dear.” “You’ll be fine, Duane. I have faith in you.” “That makes one of us,” I muttered good-naturedly as I looked around. “I just have a feeling that the show tonight might be a bit of a letdown. Hopefully I can pull it together for Xtravaganza next month and give the fans a good show.” “And what of Jason? Are you going to let him control that show too?” I sighed, and then took a deep breath to focus myself. “No. He can complain and gripe all he wants, but next month is all about what I think the fans want to see. It’s supposed to be the biggest show of the year for us, and I refuse to let Webb or anyone else in this federation control our biggest event of the year.” “Even me?” “You’re not in this federation, dear…but no, not even you. This is something I want to do; and it’s something that I will not back away from.” “I know.” She smiled and gave me a quick embrace. “Go ahead and finish getting everything ready and I’ll talk to you more after the show.” Nodding, I turned to make sure everything was in order. I knew I could leave it to Tori to make me feel better when I needed it, just by being her usual, friendly self. And not for the first time, I wondered what I’d done to deserve such happiness. [I][B][COLOR="red"]#1 Contender’s Match: Winner gets a Cruiserweight Title match next month at Xtravaganza Wesley Fyreheart def. Graves[/B][/I] [I]Finish: Wes wins in 8:16 by pinfall after a Flaming Vortex (Tornado DDT from the corner).[/I] Tori’s Notes: This was actually a better match than I had anticipated! Granted, Wes seems to be getting a bit stale (although I can’t pin my finger on what exactly it might be), but this was actually one of the better cruiserweight matches that didn’t feature either DK or Jayzon Styles. Hopefully Wes versus Styles will be just the thing to showcase this division. [B]MATCH RATING: D-[/B] [B][I]The speaking begins[/I][/B][/COLOR] [B][The opening guitar riffs of AC/DC’s “Thunderstruck” herald the arrival of “The Prototype” Gareth Simpson, who enters the arena already dressed to compete, despite his match being later on in the night. A smug look on his face, he enters the ring and takes the microphone from Duane Strong before addressing the crowd.][/B] Simpson: I’m going to make this real simple. Phoenix, you cost me my shot at a title of my choosing next month by miraculously throwing me out of the Survival of the Fittest match. [B][There are a few cheers at this, mainly from those people who had gone to see that show two months ago.][/B] Simpson: Well…tonight I take my revenge. Tonight, I’m going to cost you the same title shot, and claim it for my own. You see, when you’ve got the looks, the skills, and the natural charisma that “The Prototype” has…well, things just come your way. And tonight, I’m going to show you just how dangerous I can be. Phoenix, get ready…cause tonight, your @$$ is mine! [B][At this, Simpson drops the mic and exits the ring to walk backstage, talking trash to the fans as he walks away.][/B] [COLOR="red"]Tori’s Notes: Eh…not the best promo I have ever seen. I think Gareth is more concerned with the match coming up…. [B]SEGMENT RATING: E+[/B] [B][I]#1 Contender’s Match: Winner gets a Desert Star Title match next month at Xtravaganza “Bad @$$” Jason Webb def. Trym Severla[/B] Finish: Webb wins by pinfall at 12:33 after striking Trym with a set of brass knuckles.[/I] Tori’s Notes: Match of the night so far. Once again, these two showed why they had feuded over the Heavyweight title for the first few months of this federation’s existence…although part of me has to be wondering if Jason asks himself why he cannot seem to beat Trym in a title match. [B]MATCH RATING: D[/B] [B][I]Don’t turn around….[/I][/B][/COLOR] [B][We go backstage, where Wesley Fyreheart is leaving the arena after his victory in the opening contest tonight. As he exits and walks towards his car, he turns around at the sound of a whistle behind him…but nothing is there. Shrugging, he resumes his walk to his car…and gets Pearl Harbored by the reigning Cruiserweight champion, Jayzon Styles! Styles works over Wes for a few minutes before finally leaving Wes crumpled in a heap next to his car. Things are already starting to heat up for next month’s show!][/B] [COLOR="red"]Tori’s Notes: Again, this seems like filler time more than anything. Next! [B]SEGMENT RATING: F+[/B] [I][B]Xtravaganza Title Shot match: Winner gets a title match of his choosing next month The Phoenix def. “The Prototype” Gareth Simpson[/B] Finish: Phoenix wins by submission at 13:03, utilizing the Blaze of Glory ankle lock[/I] Tori’s Notes: I was hoping this match would be a bit better than what it was…but it’s still a decent match by WWX standards. These two seemed to do well calling the match in the ring, and given that the crowd was into the match throughout the entire contest, that is definitely saying something! Nice, well-rounded match, sending Phoenix into Xtravaganza with his title shot intact…likely against Emmett Evans, although I would not put it past him to take a Desert Star bout just so he and Chris Waits can double-team Jason Webb. [B]MATCH RATING: D-[/B] [I][B]Main Event: Non-title Clash of the Champions Emmett Evans and Chris Waits wrestle to a draw[/B] Finish: Referee Terrance Warder stops the bout at 13:34 due to outside interference from Jason Webb, which forces a double disqualification.[/I] Tori’s Notes: Let’s see here…Webb is still angry at Evans for having what Webb thinks should be “his” Heavyweight title. Webb has a Desert Star title match next month against Chris Waits. So why am I not surprised that he has to come in and ruin this match because of his massive ego? I mean, the match was decent enough, but I think Webb’s interference caused the crowd to basically stop caring about the match. A shame, too; I thought this one had potential! [B]MATCH RATING: E+[/B] END OF SHOW[/COLOR] (Point of view: Duane Strong) “So I can figure that Jason Webb is ticked because he’s not in the main event, and because he figures-rightly so, I should add-that he should have main evented the show because he had the match of the night. So why ruin the actual main event?” Tori looked at me, hoping I had answers to her questions. My reply was simple. “Because his ego is too big for him to know what to do with it. He thinks he is the only thing to see about WWX, and tries to act accordingly. Naturally, we both know this is not the case.” “Someone needs to knock him down a few notches.” “I know…I just wish I could do it physically. Business-wise, the only thing I can do to prevent it is to basically turn all of my assets into cash and bolster our bottom line.” “So why not have Phoenix use his opportunity to make the Desert Star match a three-way dance, but basically having it as Webb versus Eruption?” “I can’t ask that of him. He’s the only one who can decide right now what route he wants to take in his career.” “Or you could just ask me; I’m standing right here.” I jumped a bit, startled as I turned to face my distant relative, David “The Phoenix” Strong. “Sure, I could, but what’s the fun in that?” He chuckled. “Good point. I’ll tell you what, I’ll have a decision on what I want to do concerning my SotF shot to you by the first of the month. I figure that way you’ll have an entire month to promote your card.” “Fair enough. Thanks, David.” “Welcome. Have good evening, Duane…Miss Montgomery.” With that, David turned and walked away, leaving Tori and I alone once again. “So now what?” Tori asked me. “Now, we go to dinner, and wait to hear how irate Jason Webb will be in a few days’ time….” [B][I][COLOR="red"]OVERALL RATING FOR WWX RETRIBUTION: E+[/COLOR][/I][/B]

[COLOR="Green"]This month, I thought I’d list the worldwide rankings a little bit differently. Looking at all the data, it appears to me that there are different “tiers” of promotions…so that is how I will be listing them this month. [/COLOR] [B][I][U]“MAIN EVENT” TIER[/U][/I][/B] 1. Total Championship Wrestling (US--Cult): 46.52 / -.03, Prestige 58.4%, $36,975,000 2. Supreme Wrestling Federation (US--Cult): 45.16 / -.96, Prestige 57.8%, $31,479,000 3. Pride Glory Honor Wrestling (Japan--National): 41.26 / +.04, Prestige 81.1%, $19,030,000 4. Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods (Japan--National): 40.44 / +.08, Prestige 90.0%, $34,976,000 [U][I][B]“UPPER MIDCARD” TIER[/B][/I][/U] 5 (+1). North of the Border Pro Wrestling (Canada--National): 28.53 / +.70, Prestige 73.6%, $12,144,000 6 (-1). Inspire Diversity Group International (Japan--Cult): 28.25 / +/-0, Prestige 70.5%, $6,748,000 7. World Level Wrestling (Japan--Cult): 25.77 / +.39, Prestige 54.0%, $618,000 8. Golden Canvas Grappling (Japan--Regional): 24.40 / +.21, Prestige 51.2%, $217,000 9. 5 Star Supreme Wrestling (Japan--Regional): 23.57 / +.32, Prestige 60.4%, $172,000 10. Danger and Violence Extreme (US--Cult): 23.21 / +.11, Prestige 62.9%, $2,037,000 [B][I][U]“MIDCARD” TIER[/U][/I][/B] 11. United States Pro Wrestling (US--Regional): 18.69 / -.21, Prestige 53.5%, $6,460,000 12. Canadian Golden Combat (Canada--Cult): 16.89 / +.08, Prestige 70.2%, $8,403,000 [B][I][U]“LOWER MIDCARD” TIER[/U][/I][/B] 13. South of the Border Pro Wrestling (Mexico--Regional): 10.84 / +.14, Prestige 40.5%, $3,226,000 14. Mexico Premier Wrestling Federation (Mexico--Regional): 9.85 / +.11, Prestige 49.2%, $2,649,000 15. Original Lucha Libre in Extreme (Mexico--Regional): 9.82 / +.12, Prestige 58.8%, $3,252,000 16. Ultimate Combat Ring (Europe--Regional): 7.35 / +.08, Prestige 25.5%, $1,052,000 17. 21st Century Wrestling (UK--Regional): 6.93 / +.03, Prestige 30.5%. $1,196,000 18. Angel Athletic Association (US--Regional): 6.20 / +.07, Prestige 16.1%. $508,000 19. Japanese Championship Wrestling (Japan--Small): 5.61 / +/-0, Prestige 30.0%, $122,000 20. TIER 1 (Japan--Small): 5.31 / +.08, Prestige 41.7%, [COLOR="Red"]-$84,180[/COLOR] [B][I][U]“OPENER” TIER[/U][/I][/B] 21. WINNOW: Japanese Women’s Wrestling (Japan--Small): 2.93 / +/-0, Prestige 11.3%, [COLOR="red"]-$17,212[/COLOR] 22. Canadian Charisma Championship Combat (Canada--Small): 2.72 / +.02, Prestige 11.1%, $108,000 23. Canadian Women’s Wrestling Federation (Canada--Small): 2.44 / +.03, Prestige 30.6%, $126,000 24. Mexican Hardcore Wrestling (Mexico--Small): 2.28 / +.02, Prestige 30.6%, $157,000 25. Men of Steel Combat (UK--Small): 2.09 / +.01, Prestige 23.1%, $103,000 26. Pro Wrestling MAX (US--Small): 2.08 / +.03, Prestige 10.6%, $82,000 27. European Wrestling Alliance (Europe--Small): 2.05 / +.03, Prestige 20.3%, $124,000 28. New York City Wrestling (US--Small): 1.82 / +.01, Prestige 13.1%, $108,000 29. Ring of Fire (UK--Small): 1.69 / +.02, Prestige 11.1%, $11,000 30. Wrestling Alliance of Mexico (Mexico--Small): 1.66 / +.03, Prestige 30.2%, $124,000 31. Hinote Dojo (Japan--Small): 1.65 / +.02, Prestige 29.9%, $134,000 32. Phoenix Wrestling Company (US--Small): 1.65 / +.02, Prestige 21.0%, $48,000 33 (+5). Pro Wrestling SAISHO (Japan--Small): 1.62 / +1.10, Prestige 25.8%, $95,000 34 (-1). Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling (US--Regional): 1.61 / +.08, Prestige 39.0%, $660,000 [B][I][U]“ENHANCEMENT TALENT” TIER[/U][/I][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]35 (+1). Mid Atlantic Wrestling (US--Small): 1.05 / +.21, Prestige 30.6%, $47,380[/COLOR] 36 (-2). Babes of Sin City (US--Small): 0.98 / +.01, Prestige 6.1%, $123,000 37 (-2). Rhode Island Pro Wrestling (US--Small): 0.88 / +.03, Prestige 44.3%, $890,000 38 (-1). European League of Professional Fighters (Europe--Small): 0.83/ +.02, Prestige 22.3%, $41,000 39. Quebec Pro Wrestling (Canada--Small): 0.52 / +.03, Prestige 25.8%, $46,000 [COLOR="Red"]40. Western Wrestling Xcitement (US--Local): 0.51 / +.21, Prestige 1.1%, $195,034[/COLOR] [B][I][U]BANKRUPT PROMOTIONS[/U][/I][/B] Warrior Engine XXV-went out of business in April 2008. [COLOR="Green"][B][U][I]Observations from the author[/I][/U][/B] First off, I was wrong last month on the financial account. ROF is struggling, but still in the black, while CWWF is well ahead financially for now. It’s WINNOW and TIER 1 that are currently in danger of bankruptcy. Shows you what I get for trying to go by memory…. Both the MAW and WWX jumps in popularity (.21 gain each), I attribute solely to the Internet. I’ll touch on this in my next storyline posts for each federation, but it was an experiment I wanted to do without fanfare, just to see what would happen. Big jump up for SAISHO this month…they hit one of the “overflow” plateaus and being that Japan has 9 areas in the game, that helps a great deal. With INSPIRE not on tour at the moment, NOTBPW took the initiative and jumped over them in the rankings for this month. Of the US’s top 4, only DAVE gained in popularity this month. TCW, SWF, and USPW all lost a fraction of a point this month. If you look at the last promotion in a “tier,” then look at the first promotion in the tier below it, you’ll see why I came up with this conclusion. The case could be argued for another tier within the Lower Midcard tier, but to be honest, what else would I have used-“Non-Wrestler?” Now…predictions! Chris Caufield: 4 + 1 = 5 [B]Emark: 3 + 3 = 6[/B] TrymV1: 0 + 1 = 1 As you can see, Emark wins and gets to pick his match for next month. HOWEVER, I have a few restrictions for this month (and I’m posting it here in the dynasty so that no one can claim I’m playing favorites :cool: ). #1: The match [B][U]must[/U][/B] be a MAW match. The reason being is that I’m writing up the WWX show as we speak (I have yet to run it in TEW as it comes after the MAW show, but I already have it planned out) and will be writing the full show like I did with Sole Survivor. #2: As alluded to in my storyline so far, Mainstream Hernandez vs. D.C. Rayne is already scheduled for June’s MAW show, and I’m not pushing it back another month. Thus, those two workers are ineligible to be used in your created match. Anyone else is fair game. #3: Due to my writing up an entire WWX show this month, I’ll only be doing highlights of the chosen match. [U]This is strictly for the sake of my sanity.[/U] :D You have until Wednesday evening (Eastern U.S. time) to PM me your choice, so I can run the show Thursday, and hopefully write it up Friday morning to post before the weekend.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][I][B]June 1, 2008[/B][/I] (Point of view: Evan Toliver) Summer seemed to be starting early here in the Mid-Atlantic…the first day of June and already we were looking at close to 90 degrees (or for those of you who use Celsius temperatures, just a shade over 32). However, the weather was the last thing on my mind. I had contracts getting ready to expire, a show to plan out, and also had Rip coming in this morning for a brief meeting. It was the meeting I was worried about. You see, last month I tried something that I didn’t tell Rip about just to see how well it would work. I got together with a small company based out of nearby Salisbury, Maryland to set up a website for the company. Because of this, I was able (with some help, obviously) to place a link to last month’s show on the site, allowing people to download and watch it at their leisure. From the number of hits we received on the site, I’m thinking it was a good idea. I also noticed that my Inbox was a bit more crowded than usual; likely it was some people leaving comments through the website. But as I looked at those comments, I was shocked. I had not taken into account that people around the world would watch this! I had comments from several points across the US, a few in Canada, even some as far-flung as Germany and Japan! I knew Rip didn’t really get into computers…hence the meeting that he demanded late last night. And as if on cue, he walked in, the expected look of indignant anger nowhere to be seen. This threw me off a little, but I was determined to not lose my composure here. “OK, Evan…who gave you permission to set up a website for MAW?” “I took the initiative, sir. I figured that at this point, putting our product online can only help us in the long run. Right now, we’d be better off by forgoing the few sales we make of DVD’s, and just bringing our product straight to the public. To use an old term, it’s like priming a water pump.” “Meaning…?” “If we make ourselves more well-known in the surrounding areas first, when we finally go there for a live show there will be a higher turnout. Higher turnout equals more tickets sold, which equals….” “Ah, I see. So if it’s on the Internet…can anyone watch it?” I nodded. “It’s a good way to get out there to areas we’re not planning on going to yet. Think of that as a long-term idea.” “I see. Well…as long as it doesn’t hurt our bottom line, Evan, then go ahead and keep the website in order. We’ll find out soon enough how this will turn out.” With that, he turned and walked off. I knew I’d have to talk to him some more this afternoon, to get his opinion on a few on the contracts expiring. Something told me it would be THAT issue that would lead to the fecal matter hitting the rotating blades…. [I][B]CARD FOR MAW HEATWAVE[/B] To be held at the Orange County Booster’s Park in Orange, Virginia[/I] [B][I]For the Mid Atlantic Championship[/I][/B] [I]Mainstream Hernandez (champion) vs. D.C. Rayne vs. (to be determined) This is D.C.’s first big shot as a singles competitor. Can he pull off what many would call the upset of the year in MAW so far by taking down the champion? Or is Mainstream just too much for the recently-converted tag team specialist to handle? And who managed to find a way to sneak into this match as a yet-unnamed third competitor?[/I] [B][I]Emark’s Booked Match of the Month[/I][/B] Steven Parker vs. Casey Valentine [I]Casey, as you might recall, last month laid out Parker after his title match, and basically confirmed that it was him who cost Parker a shot at the title that Casey ended up taking against Hernandez and Cattley. So far, Casey’s mind games have worked against Parker, but can they continue this month?[/I] [B][I]Undercard Attraction: Three-Way Elimination Bout[/I][/B] Oscar Golden vs. Erik Strong vs. “Mean” Jean Cattley [I]This match could have implications on the Mid Atlantic Championship, as four of the more notable names in MAW clash in a four-corners elimination bout. One has to think that the winner here has a legitimate claim as the new number one contender going into Where It All Begins Again 2008…[/I] [U]Also: Jay Chord in action![/U][/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"][B]PLEASE…no predictions yet. I have a reason for this. I’ll open predictions after the current roster list (to be posted after the WWX Board Meeting, which is next).[/B][/COLOR]

[B][I]June 2, 2008[/I][/B] [B][U]WWX Board Meeting Minutes[/U][/B] Attendees: [COLOR="red"]Jason Webb[/COLOR], [COLOR="Navy"]Trym Severla[/COLOR], [COLOR="Olive"]Gareth Simpson[/COLOR], [COLOR="sienna"]Emmett Evans[/COLOR], [COLOR="purple"]Duane Strong[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Webb: OK, let’s get this meeting started. First order of business…who in the ruddy hell decided to start a website for us?[/COLOR] [COLOR="olive"]Simpson: I asked Duane to look into it. I don’t know who he hired to do it, however.[/COLOR] [COLOR="purple"]Strong: I hired myself.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Webb: Come again?[/COLOR] [COLOR="purple"]Strong: Gareth suggested the idea to me; I decided to register a domain name using my own funds and use the in-site HTML editor to come up with a decent site…at least I think so.[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Webb: Fair enough, since it’s your money, but…why is our last show available for viewing?[/COLOR] [COLOR="purple"]Strong: Jason, think about this for a second. We’re the least-known wrestling company in the world right now. Outside of those of us who work here, and the 40-some people who show up every month, who really knows about us?[/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]Trym: You have a point there, Duane. So tell us, in our opinion…how is this going to help us in terms of popularity?[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Webb: I have a better one--how much is this going to hurt our bank account?[/COLOR] [COLOR="sienna"]Emmett: All right, Scrooge, that’s enough out of you.[/COLOR] [COLOR="purple"]Strong: Disregarding the second question for the moment…popularity-wise, this should help us out a great deal. With the internet, a random search for “wrestling” could turn us up. A search for one of our workers-current or past--who also works elsewhere could turn us up. Plus, I intended on having Xtravaganza broadcast in live video on our site, as well.[/COLOR] [COLOR="olive"]Simpson: So in layman’s terms, that means…?[/COLOR] [COLOR="purple"]Strong: It means, Gareth, that people around the world who stumble upon our site can watch the show as it happens. Case in point-I got an e-mail from someone in Tokyo who happened to stumble across our site and watched Retribution from the site. This person said that he was looking forward to seeing our next show, and wished he could come out to see it in person.[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Webb: You lie! I call shenanigans![/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]Trym: Duane’s not lying; I also have seen the note in question. I think we may be on to something big here.[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Webb: OK…now back to my question. What’s it going to do to our bank account?[/COLOR] [COLOR="purple"]Strong: As best as I can tell so far, it’s not hurting nor helping us. In a way, I’m trying to set us up for when we grow a bit; we’ll have a head start on building our fanbase outside of the area we’ve been working in since last year. This way, once we’re ready to try something different-say a show in the Northwest or something-we won’t be going in as total unknowns.[/COLOR] [COLOR="sienna"]Emmett: I like that concept, the whole “thinking ahead for the future” routine.[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Webb: That’s all fine and good, but I’m worried about the present. What’s your card for Xtravaganza, Duane?[/COLOR] [COLOR="purple"]Strong: OK, I know this may sound like I’ve gone crazy, but hear me out. It’s supposed to be our biggest show of the year, so I thought I’d break from trying to save money for just this one month. As it stands, I have every male WWX wrestler scheduled to compete, a total of seven matches are on the card.[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Webb: That’s it…I move to have you removed immediately as Head Booker![/COLOR] [B][Dead silence follows this statement…no one agrees with Jason to second the motion.][/B] [COLOR="Red"]Webb: [sighs] Fine, so be it. I wash my hands of this mistake that is about to be made.[/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]Trym: If you’re done, Jason? Anyways, Duane…I like the idea of having everyone compete. Makes good sense, in my opinion.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Sienna"]Emmett: I agree with that point, as well. Should add a bit of solidarity to the locker room.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Olive"]Simpson: I say we go with the card as is.[/COLOR] [COLOR="navy"]Trym: Make it so, then. Duane, I know you’ve got too many projects going to waste time, so I’m calling an end to the meeting right now. Go ahead and try to get some stuff caught up; we’ll try to keep out of your hair.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Purple"]Strong: Thanks, Trym. I appreciate the thought.[/COLOR] [B][And with that, the card was finalized for Xtravaganza….][/B] [COLOR="red"][B][I]WWX Xtravaganza[/B] To be held at the McKay Events Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.[/I] [B][I]WWX Heavyweight Championship Match[/I][/B] Emmett Evans (champion) vs. The Phoenix [I]Realizing that he might not get another shot at the big one for a long time, Phoenix finally decided to use his title shot earned from Survival of the Fittest to challenge Emmett for the Heavyweight Title. This is a match of conflicting styles; is it finally Phoenix’s time to shine, or will Emmett find a way to snatch victory?[/I] [B][I]WWX Desert Star Championship Match[/I][/B] “Crazy” Chris Waits (champion) vs. “Bad @$$” Jason Webb [I]In the short existence of WWX, this is the first time a reigning champion comes into a title defense being generally recognized as an “underdog.” Webb has no titles to his credit, while Chris is a former tag champ and the current Desert Star champion. Both men need to bring their A-games if they want to walk out of Salt Lake City as the Desert Star champion.[/I] [B][I]Ladder Match--for the WWX Cruiserweight Championship [/I][/B] Jayzon Styles (champion) vs. Wesley Fyreheart [I]The idea was the champion’s, to set up another high-risk, high-flying style of match. However, Wesley can keep up with Styles in the flying department. This match is one to watch, as there will surely be some unexpected offense coming in this one![/I] [B][U]THE UNDERCARD[/U][/B] Illium se Levanto vs. Xavier Fyrestorm “The Prototype” Gareth Simpson vs. Sage Sabbot Kendall Lightwater vs. Graves vs. The New Dynamite Kid [B][I]Hardcore Rules Match[/I][/B] Trym Severla vs. Brian Foster vs. Jacey Morgan vs. Rage[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"][B][I]PREDICTIONS WILL OPEN AFTER MY NEXT POST[/I][/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Green"][B][I]CURRENT ROSTERS (for those of you keeping score at home)[/I][/B][/COLOR] [B][COLOR="Blue"]MID ATLANTIC WRESTLING ROSTER AS OF 6/1/2008[/B] (Head Booker: Evan Toliver) Antonio Cal Sanders Casey Valentine D.C. Rayne Erik Strong Flash Savage Jay Chord K-Squared Mainstream Hernandez Mark Smart "Mean" Jean Cattley Nicole Kiss Oscar Golden Persephone Ricy Douglas Rip Chord (Lifetime contract) Stan "The Man" Manna Steven Parker Thomas Morgan[/COLOR] [B][COLOR="Red"]WESTERN WRESTLING XCITEMENT ROSTER AS OF 6/1/2008[/B] (Head Booker: Duane Strong) Adrianne Wright Brandy Brian Foster Chris Waits Debra Jameson Emmett Evans (Lifetime contract) Gareth Simpson (Lifetime contract) Graves Illium se Levanto Jacey Morgan Jason Webb (Lifetime contract) Jayzon Styles Kendall Lightwater Queen X Rage Sage Sabbot The New Dynamite Kid The Phoenix Tracy Brooks Trym Severla (Lifetime contract) Wesley Fyreheart Xavier Fyrestorm[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"][B]Now, you may be asking yourself “Why am I listing the rosters?” The answer is simple, and in two parts. First, this is for the benefit of any new readers (Trym, I’m looking at you! :D ), plus those familiar with the thread may want a refresher on just who exactly is where at the moment. Secondly, I have ten matches set up for June’s events…so for bonus points, I have the following challenge: By the end of June, both rosters will lose one person due to contract expiration. The challenge is to predict which worker(s) will be given the pink slip by the end of the month. Because of the roster size, each promotion you pick correctly will earn you TWO bonus points…and if you get both correct, an additional point on top of that (making FIVE bonus points for getting both promotions correct). Also, due to this challenge, I am forgoing the bonus points for properly guessing the order of eliminations in MAW’s Three-Way Elimination match. It’ll be just the winner; no fancy guesses needed. Now that I have said that, I’m opening the predictions! Below is the quick form for those interested in copying/pasting them into your replies… In order to allow some time for others to jump in if they so wish (and also to allow me to put final touches on the Xtravaganza write-up), the first show (Heatwave) should be posted no earlier than Friday evening, Eastern U.S. time. Let the guessing begin![/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]MAW HEATWAVE [B][I]For the Mid Atlantic Championship[/I][/B] Mainstream Hernandez (champion) vs. D.C. Rayne vs. TBD [B][I]Emark’s Booked Match of the Month[/I][/B] Steven Parker vs. Casey Valentine [B][I]Undercard Attraction: Three-Way Elimination Bout[/I][/B] Oscar Golden vs. Erik Strong vs. “Mean” Jean Cattley [B]Worker to be leaving MAW at the end of the month: (fill in the blank)[/B][/COLOR] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [COLOR="Red"][B][I]WWX XTRAVAGANZA[/I][/B] [B][I]WWX Heavyweight Championship Match[/I][/B] Emmett Evans (champion) vs. The Phoenix [B][I]WWX Desert Star Championship Match[/I][/B] “Crazy” Chris Waits (champion) vs. “Bad @$$” Jason Webb [B][I]Ladder Match--for the WWX Cruiserweight Championship [/I][/B] Jayzon Styles (champion) vs. Wesley Fyreheart Illium se Levanto vs. Xavier Fyrestorm “The Prototype” Gareth Simpson vs. Sage Sabbot Kendall Lightwater vs. Graves vs. The New Dynamite Kid [B][I]Hardcore Rules Match[/I][/B] Trym Severla vs. Brian Foster vs. Jacey Morgan vs. Rage [B]Worker to be leaving WWX at the end of the month: (fill in the blank)[/B][/COLOR]

Archived