A Tale of Two Bookers (C-Verse)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[COLOR="Green"]I said it'd be up tonight, so as promised...[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]LIVE from the Atkins Fire Department in Atkins, Virginia, Mid Atlantic Wrestling returns during the… [SIZE="4"][B]DOG DAYS OF SUMMER[/B][/SIZE] Held before a paid attendance of 127 (Point of view: Evan Toliver)[/COLOR] I’ll admit, I was a tad upset. Of the four people I wanted to sign this month, I only got three. Two of them were going into the dark match tonight, and I’d debut the third next month. It was the one who got away that irked me. You see, he and the third signing were brothers, sons of a famous wrestler who works out of New England…and whose job I once tried to get. Alas, the Gauge brothers, sons of the legendary Sam Keith, did not both sign with me. I got Greg to sign, even though I contacted both the same day. Matthew decided to take a tour with Golden Canvas Grappling, so I am hoping in a few months’ time I can bring him in and get my planned storyline going. The first two signings of the month were a former tag team combination. Granted, things might not have been going so well for one of them, but in an effort to bolster my depleted tag team roster, I thought that having an experienced team would be a good thing…especially as I worked on finding the Mid Atlantic Tag Team championships a new home. I was also getting annoyed at just how popular we were supposed to be before we could get a TV show. The smallest network that covered our area didn’t want anything to do with us, so I had basically resigned myself to doing an extra house show a month in either the Southeast (Florida/Georgia), or perhaps the Great Lakes area (Chicago?) to work on popularity there. The sooner we could get on TV the better off I would feel. In any event, I didn’t have long to worry about the shortcomings of the month; I had a show to run. [B][I][COLOR="blue"]DARK MATCH: Rating of E+[/I][/B] Evan’s Notes: What, you want me to tell you who was in it? I’ll give you a few tidbits but nothing else. It was a tag team match, the first team being veterans who had teamed in the past, and reunited after a great deal of time. The second team was Mark Smart and the new Quebec Pro Wrestling National Champion, Thomas Morgan. The first team won almost eleven minutes in. Wait, you’re STILL asking who the first team was? Sorry, you’ll have to come back next month and see who they are! [B](START OF MAIN SHOW)[/B] [B][I]The Opening Salvo[/I][/B][/COLOR] [B]Guns ‘N’ Roses’ “Welcome to the Jungle” hits the speakers of the Atkins Fire Department to start the main portion of the show as the former Mid-Atlantic champion makes his way to the ring. He has a look on his face and is sporting a new “The Future Has Arrived” T-shirt. (Those shirts are now available at any concession stand during intermission!) Paying no mind to the fans, he jumps in the ring and takes a microphone from Evan Toliver.[/B] Parker: There is a reason that I’m called “The Future.” You see, I’m one of those people who had to work to get into this business. I couldn’t just get by on my name or the reputation of my family…and that’s all over-rated anyway. After all, look what I’ve done in the past to Casey Valentine. Such a tradition to uphold…only to be knocked aside like the meddlesome pest that he is. So now there is another in the same vein that wants to prove himself in the ring against the one and only future of this business. With that said…let’s not wait for later tonight. Jay Chord, I’m calling you out! Let’s see if you have half the b@**s that your father had! [B]There is silence for a few moments, before the curtains rustle and Jay appears, dressed in street clothes and with a microphone in hand.[/B] J. Chord: I had something I was going to say here, but then I got to thinking. Why talk when I can simply come down to that ring and beat the hell out of you? [B]He drops the microphone and sprints to the ring, where Parker is waiting for him. A brawl goes on here for a few moments before backstage personnel and several other workers separate the two. One can tell that this match tonight could be a blockbuster and just the thing needed to either further propel the career of “The Future,” or slingshot the owner’s son into the spotlight.[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Evan’s Notes: Well, that went over about as well as could be expected. But I have a good feeling about this match tonight…. [B]SEGMENT RATING: E+[/B] [B][I]Undercard, bout 1: Stan “The Man” Manna def. Cal Sanders[/I][/B] [I]Finish: Manna hits the Rockin’ Roller at 8:51 and makes the pinfall.[/I] Evan’s Notes: Well…I tried to give Manna another shot, figuring that with Ryan Turner out of the way he could improve. Sadly, this match shows that such was not the case. I’m beginning to think that his spot on the roster is better reserved for someone else out there in the world. [B]MATCH RATING: E[/B] [I][B]Undercard, bout 2: Ricky Douglas def. Casey Valentine[/B] Finish: Douglas wins via a roll-up at 10:41 into the match.[/I] Evan’s Notes: Some would call this a minor upset. I’d call it putting a little faith in Ricky. Both guys did well here, although with average chemistry I’ll happily accept the kind of match they did here. That, and factor in the different plotlines I could run off of this idea…we could be seeing more of these two in the future. [B]MATCH RATING: D-[/B] Emark’s Booked Match: Jay Chord vs. Steven Parker[/COLOR] [B]After the intermission, we go back to the ring, where Manuel Ramirez is ready to introduce the participants for the next contest.[/B] Manuel Ramirez: Ladies and gentlemen, the following match is a one-fall contest with a twenty-minute time limit in place. [B]Once again, “Welcome to the Jungle” blares over the speakers as the first participant enters the arena.[/B] Ramirez: Coming down the aisle, being accompanied by the lovely Persephone…hailing from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and weighing in tonight at 249 pounds…he is [B][I]Steven “The Future” Parker![/I][/B] [B]Parker gets in the ring, plays to the crowd for a few moments (and getting a fair amount of heat) before stretching on the ropes, getting ready to go. A few moments later, the opening of Linkin Park’s “Numb” hits the arena as the son of the owner comes out, eyes focused on his opponent in the ring as he strides with confidence.[/B] Ramirez: And his opponent, from Norfolk, Virginia, weighing 224 pounds…he is [B][I]Jay Chord![/I] Ramirez exits the ring as Chord enters, his eyes never leaving those of his opponent as he stares down the former Mid Atlantic Champion. The tension is evident in the ring as referee Devin Holston checks both competitors for illegal objects, warns them to wrestle a clean match, and then calls for the bell.[/B] Evan Toliver: And this match should be a good one, as we have a stare down in the center of the ring…I’m no lip reader, Manuel, but I don’t think they’re exchanging pleasantries in there right now. Ramirez: And that hard right hand to the jaw of Parker from Chord confirms it, Evan! We’re about to go to war, as both men start exchanging right hands! Chord gets the better of his experienced opponent and backs him into the ropes, Irish Whip to the near side…Parker ducks the clothesline, stops dead in his tracks and drops Jay with a clothesline of his own! Toliver: There’s the experience of Parker coming into play, Manuel. Steven needs to keep the pressure on the rookie, and not leave himself open to an attack as well. Ramirez: Strange…you’re speaking as if the veteran needs to wrestle the perfect match here, Evan. Are you that worried about the abilities of Jay Chord? Toliver: All I’m saying is that Jay’s father is a multiple-time world champion, and has probably taught his son a few underhanded tactics. Parker just needs to stay focused on the matter at hand and not get sidetracked. Ramirez: Back to the action in the ring now, as Parker has control with a side headlock on the young rookie from Norfolk. So far in this match-and we’re only a couple of minutes in-it’s been the Steven Parker show. Jay Chord hasn’t gotten much offense in short of a few right-hand punches at the opening bell, but now he’s trying to work his way back out of this predicament as he slowly gets to his feet and shoves Parker into the ropes…and Chord is dropped by a shoulder block. Toliver: Parker still with the momentum as he comes off the drop, Jay drops down as Parker jumps over…off the rebound, Jay Chord with a deep arm drag takedown that sends Parker out to the floor! Ramirez: And the look on Parker’s face says it all, Evan. He’s asking “where in the heck did THAT come from?” Toliver: Now Steven taking his time getting his bearings together. He doesn’t want to jump right back in the ring and let Jay keep the momentum going. The count is up to six as Parker finally climbs back into the ring through the second and top rope. The one thing that might hurt Steven here is that by killing Jay’s momentum, he has given the newcomer a reprieve, effectively putting us back at square one. Ramirez: That’s a valid point as well as the two warriors lock up, Steven forcing Jay back into a corner due to the power advantage. Referee is asking for a clean break-good luck on that one, Devin. Toliver: Steven backs away a step…and shoots a knee into the gut of Chord! There’s a second, now a third for good measure and the Canadian is back in control! Ramirez: Now Parker sets up for another whip-reversal by Jay, and Parker sent into the corner nearest us! Here comes Jay charging in-Parker rolls underneath a clothesline as Jay springs to the middle rope-double axe handle from the middle rope drops the former champion! Quick cover by Jay: 1……….2..no, Parker easily out of that pin attempt. Toliver: Chord is starting to build some momentum here; this could be dangerous for “The Future” if Jay can keep this up. Ramirez: Jay looking up to pick up the pace a little as Parker slowly gets to his feet-and a standing dropkick, nicely executed by Chord as Parker caught that flush in the jaw! Parker once again getting to his feet as Chord comes over…kick to the gut followed up by a twisting neckbreaker, Parker is down again! Here’s another cover: 1……….Parker has a foot on the ropes, breaking the count. Toliver: This is where Chord needs to step it up. It’s going to take a lot to put down a former Mid Atlantic Champion, and Jay needs to worry about that at the moment. Ramirez: Steven back on his feet as Chord closes in…cinches him up, nice snap suplex as Chord is quick to regain his footing. Jay with a bounce off the far-side ropes, and hits a knee on the skull of Parker! Toliver: And we all know that Jay likes to utilize that Cradle Piledriver as a finisher, and working on the head and neck of Parker is only softening him up for the killing blow. Right now, this appears to be a solid gameplan being executed by Jay Chord. Ramirez: Jay firmly in control at the moment as Parker slowly staggers to his feet…and Chord locks in a sleeper hold, trying to knock Parker out of the match! Toliver: And you’ll notice, Manuel, that Jay is wrapped around the torso of Parker, making him carry all of his weight as well. Unless Steven can find a way out of this, it could be curtains right here! Ramirez: Parker looks to be fading fast here as he struggles to stay on his feet…wait, Steven just dropped backwards, landing on top of Chord…who still has the hold locked in! Referee Devin Holston is watching this situation…cover? 1……………2……….and Chord finally breaks the hold as he realizes that his shoulders were down on the mat. To be honest, I couldn’t even see it from my vantage point. Toliver: That’s why you are here, and the ref is in there. Ramirez: Thank you, Mr. Obvious. Jay is back to his feet, and it looks like he wants to end things right here; he’s calling for the Cradle Piledriver! If he hits this, Parker is done for! Toliver: Wait, who’s that coming down the aisle? Is that…? Ramirez: It’s Ricky Douglas, the other half of the A* Alliance and Steven Parker’s tag team partner! What’s the meaning of this? Toliver: Douglas is up on the ring apron, distracting Jay-oh, a hard right hand drops Ricky back to the floor! Chord turns around… Ramirez: …and walks right into a small package from Steven Parker…cover! 1……………2……………3! Toliver: Chord let one mistake cost him the match, as the veteran relies on back-up for the win! Let’s go to Manuel for the official announcement. Ramirez (arena microphone): Ladies and gentlemen, your [B][I]winner, at 15:58 into the contest: Steven “The Future” Parker![/I][/B] [COLOR="blue"]Evan’s Notes: And so far, that takes Match of the Night honors. I’ll admit, I’m impressed that Jay managed to hang in there with Steven, and I look forward to their next contest. [B]MATCH RATING: D[/B] [B][I]Hype…yay.[/I][/B][/COLOR] [B]We go backstage, where we see Mean Jean Cattley walking towards the ringside area. As he walks he passes a poster (on a thin wooden bulletin board) of D.C. Rayne holding aloft the Mid Atlantic Championship, causing Cattley to snarl before punching the poster where the face of Rayne would be. The resulting “crack” and fist-shaped hole left in the wood show that Cattley means business. The main event is next![/B] [COLOR="blue"]Evan’s Notes: That worked out better than I hoped for. Jean agreed to go with me on this one, and given the reaction of the crowd, I’m glad he did. [B]SEGMENT RATING: E+[/B] [B][I]Mid Atlantic Championship Match: D.C. Rayne retains, def. Mean Jean Cattley[/I][/B] [I]Finish: Rayne hits the Storm Damage at 10:10[/I] Evan’s Notes: OK, not too shabby here, either. The match before this one was slightly better, but letting these two go at it wasn’t too bad an idea, either. It was just long enough for both men to get some action in, and Jean once again surprises me with his professionalism as he cleanly puts over the champion. [B]MATCH RATING: D- END OF SHOW[/B] (Due to inclement weather rolling in-severe thunderstorms in the Atkins area-there will be no post-show segment tonight.) [B][I][U]OVERALL RATING FOR MAW DOG DAYS OF SUMMER: D-[/U][/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"][B]PREDICTIONS AFTER EVENT #1 OF 2:[/B] NickC: 2 Emark: 0[/COLOR]

Even though I'd like to have 1 victory, I'm sad to say I had a big goose egg on this card. (I don't count my booked match as win) And true, Stan Manna really blows for MAW but somehow makes it fairly big with on e of the lower tier Canadian promotions. I did the same thing, canned Turner no showing and gave Manna a small push only to be disappointed.

[QUOTE=Emark;373414]Even though I'd like to have 1 victory, I'm sad to say I had a big goose egg on this card. (I don't count my booked match as win) And true, Stan Manna really blows for MAW but somehow makes it fairly big with on e of the lower tier Canadian promotions. I did the same thing, canned Turner no showing and gave Manna a small push only to be disappointed.[/QUOTE] *reads the above post* *goes back to look at predictions* *re-reads show* *comes back to this post* ...damn. How the hell did I mess that up? I must still be tired, and it's three days [U]after[/U] a 32-hour shift! *laughs* Thanks for the honesty; I'll adjust the standings accordingly. That one must have slipped my attention.... Oh, and Manna did sign with new promotion All Canada Pro Wrestling...haven't bothered to see where he is on their card yet. But I think I saw Ryan Turner with a sign saying "Desperate to Job" somewhere...

[COLOR="Red"](From the CVWrestlepedia.com website, Southwestern US section) [SIZE="4"][B]THE FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL CONTINUES[/B][/SIZE] [B]Despite losing money, WWX continues to fight in the Desert[/B] By Tori Montgomery, exclusive to CVWrestlepedia.com PHOENIX (AZ)--Times are tough for Western Wrestling Xcitement. Since opening for business in July 2007, they have suffered a monetary loss of over $100,000 in addition to a quarter of their original roster deciding to leave for greener pastures. For most businesses, this would be enough to induce a mode of panic. Not so for WWX Head Booker Duane Strong, formerly the second-in-command of the writing team during the original incarnation of this promotion. While admitting to being a bit stressed, he also has said that panic is not an option. “The thought that we, as a company, are panicking is preposterous,” Strong is quoted as saying in a recent interview with the [I]Arizona Republic[/I]. “Like every other small company in the world, we’re going through some growing pains and I’m not ashamed to admit that. But in due time, I promise you that we’ll find a way, even if I have to finance the company myself.” Coming off the heels of the promotion’s thirteenth show and the raise in prestige level according to this site, Strong seems poised to finally turn the corner and add to the already impressive wrestling talent in the South West. “I know that we have a lot of competition within a few hundred miles of us-Total Championship Wrestling, Coastal Zone Championship Wrestling, Pro Wrestling MAX, and even Babes of Sin City…all of them are based out of the Southwest. It’s still going to be a struggle to get our name out there given all of the competition, not to mention the fact that we have companies outside the U.S. beginning to make an impact on the wrestling landscape.” In the short time the promotion has been open, WWX has averaged just under 35 attendees per show-a number that is expected to go up with the recent change in popularity. Strong seems optimistic that by the end of the year, their attendance will be in the triple-digit range. “Is it plausible to think we can seat 100 people by the time 2009 rolls around? Definitely. Is it plausible to possibly hold a show outside the Southwestern US by then? Probably not. We still have some growth to do before we reach that point.” However, technology is helping him with that part of the growth. The company’s website, which is run and paid for by Strong himself, has links to online videos of past shows dating back to their first one in their most recent run, “Independence” in July 2007. Strong has stated that he’s gotten correspondence from all over the globe thanks to the website, but states that “Like anything else in business, it’s a gamble. This could only help us in the short-term, or it could be a long-term thing. The problem is that we will not know until time has run its’ course.” When asked about the rosters and the possibility of some of the original members returning, Strong shrugged and stated, “It’s not something I’m going to rule out at the present. If we can come to terms on an agreement, I’d be more than happy to welcome them back here. In the meantime though, business must go on. I will continue to scout for talent that would fit well with us in WWX, and strive to better our product and name so that one day, people will associate WWX with just one word: excitement.” (For the next segment, I’ll be writing in character as The Phoenix, looking over the card for this month and giving his thoughts on the card. IN NO WAY do I mean this segment to foreshadow the actual show…I just thought it’d be something different to try.) [B][U]OFFICIAL CARD FOR WWX HOTTER THAN HELL[/U][/B] [I]To be held at The Simmons Center, San Diego, California[/I] [B][I]WWX Heavyweight Championship Match[/I][/B] Emmett Evans (champion) vs. Trym Severla [I]Phoenix’s View: This should be a classic. Trym’s been there once before, and wants to go there again; Emmett is desperate to retain. All in all it should be the Match of the Night, and I’m going with my gut instinct on this one.[/I] [B]PHOENIX’S PREDICTION: Emmett Evans, via pinfall[/B] [B][I]WWX Desert Star Championship Match-Four Corners Match[/I][/B] Chris Waits (champion) vs. The Phoenix vs. Jacey Morgan vs. “Bad Ass” Jason Webb [I]Phoenix’s view: This should be close. Lots of combustible elements in this one. In the end, though, it won’t matter. I’m gonna walk out of Hotter Than Hell the NEW WWX Desert Star Champion.[/I] [B]PHOENIX’S PREDICTION: The Phoenix, via submission over Jason Webb[/B] [B][I]Undercard Match #1[/I][/B] Brian Foster vs. Kendall Lightwater [I]Phoenix’s View: Foster has about three inches, 55 pounds, and several years experience over Kendall. But I smell an upset coming….[/I] [B]PHOENIX’S PREDICTION: Kendall Lightwater, via pinfall[/B] [B][I]Undercard Match #2[/I][/B] Nathaniel Ca$ino vs. Sage Sabbot [I]Phoenix’s view: Sage might be good, but he doesn’t know Nathaniel. That’s going to hurt him in the end.[/I] [B]PHOENIX’S PREDICTION: Nathaniel Ca$ino via pinfall[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="Green"]THE QUICK PICK CARD FOR WWX HOTTER THAN HELL (5 points available) Heavyweight Title: Emmett Evans (champion) vs. Trym Severla Desert Star Title, Four Corners: Chris Waits (champion) vs. The Phoenix vs. Jacey Morgan vs. Jason Webb WINNER: (name) DEFEATS: (name) Kendall Lightwater vs. Brian Foster Sage Sabbot vs. Nathaniel Ca$ino -----\___(^)___/----- [B]Remember, NickC has a 2-point lead coming into this event.[/B][/COLOR]

Heavyweight Title: [B]Emmett Evans (champion)[/B] vs. Trym Severla Desert Star Title, Four Corners: Chris Waits (champion) vs. The Phoenix vs. Jacey Morgan vs. Jason Webb WINNER: [B]Chris Waits[/B] DEFEATS: [B]Jason Webb[/B] [B]Kendall Lightwater [/B]vs. Brian Foster Sage Sabbot vs. [B]Nathaniel Ca$ino[/B]

[COLOR="red"]LIVE from The Simmons Center in San Diego, California…Western Wrestling Xcitement presents [B][SIZE="4"]HOTTER THAN HELL[/SIZE][/B] Held before a WWX record-setting attendance of 70 people (Point of view: Duane Strong)[/COLOR] I find it hard to believe that at this point last year, we held this event in front of an attendance of 17 people. Of those seventeen, twelve are back this year, three are on vacation together in Alaska (but send their regards), and two passed away a few months ago. My, how times have changed. Now there’s actually two rows of seats on three sides of the ring, plus a few seats in the corners and the entryway to accommodate the increased attendance. I’ve had to give up greeting all of the attendees individually as the numbers increased, although some of our longer-tenured fans still try to seek me out to chat before each show. It’s this sort of intimacy with the public that is hurting most of the wrestling industry today. Some of the larger-name federations--TCW, SWF, and NOTBPW come to mind--are only concerned about making their money. You have to come down to our level-the bottom of the barrel, where the smaller promotions reside--to see fans who truly care about this industry. It is here where the next Tommy Cornell or Runaway Train will learn their craft, and it is here where only the most dedicated of fans will continue to support you, instead of leaving in droves during tough times, like the larger companies. These all were reasons why I would be damned if I was going to let some self-important twit ruin my career. I felt deep inside of me that there could be something big here--we might possibly be looking at the next TCW or SWF World Heavyweight Champion. All they needed was a hand in the right direction…and I was more than willing to provide it. And if in the process I could show them the worst that a boss could do to you, that could only help to strengthen their resolve. I was in it for the long haul, the consequences be damned. [COLOR="red"][B][I]Undercard Bout #1: Nathaniel Ca$ino def. Sage Sabbot[/I][/B] [I]Finish: Ca$ino wins via pinfall at 8:54, after hitting the Double or Nothing (Shooting Star Press)[/I] Tori’s Notes: Nathaniel still hasn’t impressed me so far. It could be the lack of opponent quality, or he could just not be as good as we first thought. Either way, he needs to improve or find himself “all in,” if you get the point I’m making…. [B]MATCH RATING: E[/B] [I][B]Undercard Bout #2: Brian Foster def. Kendall Lightwater[/B] Finish: Foster hits the Xclamation Point! (Running Lariat) at 11:55 and makes the cover.[/I] Tori’s Notes: This was slightly better than the last match, and it’s all due to Foster. He was basically in control the entire match, and remembered the script better than Kendall did. That and the fact that he got most of the offense in doesn’t hurt, either. [B]MATCH RATING: E+[/B] [B][I]More talking…hey, come back here![/I][/B][/COLOR] [B][“Stranglehold” by Ted Nugent hits the speakers as one of the men involved in the upcoming Four Corners Match, “Bad @$$” Jason Webb, comes to the ring. He has a microphone in hand, and as he enters the squared circle, he motions for the music to be cut off.][/B] Webb: I’m going to keep this real short so all of you California blondes can understand. [Heel heat from the crowd for this stereotype--after all, most of our audience has brown hair!] I don’t care if it’s that fiery bastard Phoenix, the hippie freak Waits, or even the only other decent man in this match Jacey…I’m here to kick somebody’s @$$ tonight, so let’s get this going! Bring out the next victims so they can get f***ed up! [B][Jason drops the mic and assumes a fighting stance in the center of the ring, awaiting his opponents.][/B] [COLOR="red"]Tori’s Notes: Not the best I’ve heard from Webb…I guess he feels that fighting for the midcard title is beneath him, and isn’t putting everything into his stick-work. [B]SEGMENT RATING: E-[/B] [I][B]Four Corners Match for the Desert Star Title: Jacey Morgan becomes the new champion![/B] Finish: (See below, please!), ended at 12:45.[/I] Tori’s Notes: I think the ending surprised me most of all. Webb was slumped in one corner, Jacey in the corner opposite him. It was Chris and Phoenix left in the ring, and the champ tried for the MowDown…which Phoenix somehow managed to leap-frog, causing Waits to spear Webb in the turnbuckles. Phoenix turned to see the devastation caused by the MowDown, and turned around into the Death Valley Driver/Jacey Death Drop to be pinned. One can only imagine that Chris is going to want a rematch, since he never got pinned for the belt. [B]MATCH RATING: D-[/B] [B][I]Making the Production team earn their paychecks[/I][/B][/COLOR] [B]A basic video hyping the main event of the evening airs a few times in succession, which means that it’s intermission time before the last match of the night, if anyone was interested.[/B] [COLOR="red"]Tori’s Notes: And as you can tell, I’m not that enthused with the use of a few minutes. Let’s get back to the action, shall we? [B]SEGMENT RATING: E[/B] [B][I]WWX Heavyweight Championship Match: Emmett Evans and Trym Severla ends in a double DQ.[/I][/B] [I]Finish: Referee Terrance Warder throws the match out at 12:14 due to interference from “The Prototype” Gareth Simpson.[/I] Tori’s Notes: Something seemed to be off tonight when these two went at it. There wasn’t a chemistry problem, but there wasn’t that flow I’d come to expect from these two. Of course, then someone had to come in and lay waste to both workers, causing a double disqualification and resolving nothing. I guess Gareth was getting tired of being overlooked for the title…. [B]MATCH RATING: D- END OF SHOW[/B] (Point of View: Duane Strong)[/COLOR] Wasn’t my worst show ever, and it certainly wasn’t my best. But I could just keep that level going for a bit longer, things might finally turn around for us. I was interrupted at this point by Tori coming my way. “OK, Duane, honest opinion…how’d you think you did?” I sighed. “I’m thinking a D- grade at best…nothing really leaped out and grabbed my attention tonight.” “So we agree. That’s scary…you’re beginning to know me all too well.” “That comes with association,” I smiled as I embraced her. “If we could just get more settled with our finances and contracts, I’d be thinking of reinstating the Tag Team Titles. As it is, we really don’t have many whole teams here.” “Foreign Legion, Alpha Males, Eruption, Rebellion. That’s four right there; what else do you want?” “A million dollars and you at dinner tonight.” She laughed at this comment. “Dinner I can manage. The money is another matter.” I shook my head. “I know that all too well…come on, let’s get going before I get too depressed.” So ended the fourteenth month of my second tenure with my old company. I shuddered to think what else could be in store for me. [B][I][COLOR="Red"]OVERALL RATING FOR WWX HOTTER THAN HELL: D-[/COLOR][/I][/B] [B][COLOR="Green"]PREDICTION LIST: We have a new winner yet again, as NickC's 2-point lead is too much to overcome. Emark only gets one, giving Nick the 1-point victory. Nick, I'll be PM'ing details to you about your prize; be on the lookout for it.[/COLOR][/B]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="DarkOrange"][B][I]UPDATE Right now, this thread is going on temporary hiatus. I have enough on my plate at the moment with wanting to move out, work-related issues, and assisting with beta-testing a mod...I still have ideas going for this story, and even have the next couple of segments written up. It's just that right now, I can't devote as much attention to this as I'd like...and if I can't do the story justice, I don't feel right in writing it out. Once some of these other issues pass me by, I'll pick this up where I left off. Nick, I still have your PM saved with what you wanted done; rest assured that will go through as planned. I'm sorry for the bad news, but in this case I feel justified that I am doing the right thing by allowing myself time to recharge my focus and get some things cleared off before rushing headlong into this story. --SF[/I][/B][/COLOR]

Archived