Slow Paced, Casual League?

Obviously Gridiron-Glory holds down the BBCF online market (and deservedly so), but I was wondering if there would be some minor interest in a small, more casual type of league, or if everyone is chalk full on time? We'd start small by filling in one or two conferences full of owners. We'd be looking at anywhere from 12-24 owners. Then, we would auto-sim five years of league history at a very fast pace, but still having owners do their recruiting, allowing you to have an entire team full of recruits that fit your system when we actually start the league. The idea would be to sim one week of games once a week. This would allow for extreme micro management and allow you to do indepth gameplanning for each individual game. We'd only get in about two seasons per year. The point of having owners in the same conference is because for 8 out of your 12 games or so you'd be gameplanning against real humans, not CPU. As an owner, doing one game a week would be very easy to keep up with, and if you wanted to spend two hours a week gameplanning you'd have the time to. Would there be any interest? If I can get six hands of interest I'll go forth with the idea.

• 2 weeks later...
If you're looking for a slower paced league than Gridiron Glory, check out the CFL at [url]http://www.onlinefootballleagues.com[/url]. They run 2 sims a week, every week (even during scheduleing/bowls). It's not once a week, but it's pretty relaxed.

I'm torn with that kind of idea. On the one hand I like the fact you could really have time to do some serious scouting of opponents and gameplanning accordingly. On the otherhand...when a sim has been completed in Gridiron Glory (I'm lowly Central Florida) I'm very much looking forward to the next sim and have that "I can't wait till Tuesday" feeling. If say you were one of the lesser Big 10 teams, like Indiana, the slowness could really start to make you feel like you're enduring the season, at least for me it might.

Archived