New England Wrestling (After The Fall)

[CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=5][B][U]The NEW Face of Pro Wrestling[/U][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][I][FONT=Arial]With Thanks To Everyone Involved In Producing The 'After The Fall' Mod[/FONT][/I][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][B]When the WWF folded after criminal proceedings and controversy it shook the wrestling world to it's core. One by one other promotions died, like dominos falling all across America. [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]The wrestling industry crawled out of the public's eye to slowly regenerate. With the NWA, FPW and AWF taking the lead wrestling once again began to blossom. Eventually; more and more promotions were born and surviving, proving once and for all that pro wrestling will never die. [/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][B]I had watched all of this with great interest. Wrestling was my passion but also, more importantly, my job. I had started off working for Jersey All Pro Wrestling, starting off as a photographer finishing off as the personal assistant of "Fat" Frank Iadeavia. However when JAPW finally closed down I was unemployed and close to poverty. My only hopes were Frank's final words to me. "When I start a new promotion, there will always be a job for you."[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]When Iadeavia formed Empire State Wrestling in late 2001 I waited patiently for the phone call. After a year of waiting I decided to take action myself. I spent two weeks trying to get hold of Iadeavia but had no luck. I left message after message but recieved no response. I didn't want a well payed job or a high position, just any job in the industry I loved. Finally my hope died and I gave up accepting my role as a nameless face in an office cubicle for a multinational can producing company. [/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]That was until I got the phone call. It was September 2005 and instead of being from "Fat" Frank Iadeavia or anyone connected with ESW it was from Bruce Prichard. The Prichard brothers had formed New England Wrestling roughly a year earlier and they were currently riding high on a wave of success. Their promotion's location on the East Coast had put them into direct competition with Iadeavia's ESW and they had seemed inspired by the challange. Their fast paced athletic shows were totally different from ESW's hardcore offerings that many felt had become repetitive and boring. NEW was seen as a new alternative and soon former ESW fans were flocking to NEW shows. After NEW had a show in New York, considered to be ESW's territory, the more loyal ESW fans showed up looking for trouble. There were fights before and after the event and overnight a war began to brew across the internet. Fights between fans occured at both NEW and ESW shows and although both companies tried their best to stop all hostility the violence continued. That's not to pretend their wasn't hostility between the officials of ESW and NEW. Iadeavia was as angry about NEW's New York shows as his hardcore fans were. A war of words began between Iadeavia and the Prichard brothers making it clear that both were desperate for east coast domination and both were willing to do whatever it took to keep control. [/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]This need for control had led to Bruce ringing me. He knew I had booking experience and also a better understanding of modern wrestling fans then the more traditional Prichards. The call was short and concise. A week later I had an equally short and concise meeting with both Prichard brothers and soon my new contract was signed, I was the new assistant booker for New England Wrestling, working directly under Tom Prichard. [/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Wrestling had become my life again. [/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Arial][U][B]OOC:[/B] [/U][/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Arial]Current Popularity: New England - E+[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Tri State - E [/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Great Lakes - F+[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Mid Atlantic - F+[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Mid South - F+[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]North West - F+[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]South East - F+[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]South West - F+[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Puerto Rico - F[/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Arial]Money: $800,000[/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Arial]Product: Key Features: Modern[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Heavy: Traditional[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Medium: Cult, Pure[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Low: Mainstream, Comedy, Realism, Hardcore, Pure[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Very Low: Risque, Lucha Libre[/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Arial]Match Intensity: 80%[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Match Danger: 70%[/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Arial]Face \ Heel Divide: Medium[/FONT][/CENTER] [CENTER][U][B]Current Roster[/B][/U][/CENTER] [CENTER][U]Active Male Roster[/U][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Ace Darling[/B]: Partner in crime with Adam Pearce. Offended by the fickle support the fans give for highflying risktakers they want to bring back slower mat wrestling to New England Wrestling. Darling and Pearce regained the Tag Titles at the last show. [/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Adam Pearce[/B]: Friends with Ace Darling. The loudmouthed Pearce was the 1st NEW Heavyweight champion. Denouncing high flying wrestling he persuaded Darling to help him in their crusade against the high adrenaline style NEW promoted. He recently reclaimed the Heavyweight title from Matt Striker and at the last show Pearce and Darling won the tag titles from Cross Fire.[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Caprice Coleman[/B]: A former NEW No Limits champion, since losing the title Coleman as failed to regain any momentum.[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Elix Skipper[/B]: A fan favourite with the NEW fans. Skipper was one of the first wrestlers Pearce and Darling took exception to resulting in a bloody feud[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]GQ[/B]: A young wrestler trying to make a name for himself in NEW[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Jason Cross[/B]: A former No Limits champion, Cross started teaming with Matt Cross in Cross Fire. They lost the tag titles to Darling and Pearce at the last show.[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Matt Cross[/B]: Tag team partner with Jason Cross. He is the more brash member of the team and often gets himself and Jason into trouble. Has recently been frequently beaten down by Pearce and Darling.[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Matt Striker[/B]: A former teacher, Striker made a name for himself on the east coast by working for Empire State Wrestling. However, Striker left joining New England Wrestling becoming the personification of NEW's domination over their New York competitors. He has, however, recieved a number of threats by the hardcore ESW fans. [/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Petey Williams[/B]: The current No Limits champion. He is on the brink of main event stardom. [/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Ricky Reyes [/B]and[B] Rocky Romero[/B]: The Havana Pitbulls. Former tag champions these vicious wrestlers will do anything to win. Managed by Julius Smokes[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Zach Gowan[/B]: Losing his leg as a child didn't stop him from becoming a wrestler. He is an extremly popular in his current underdog role.[/CENTER] [CENTER][U]Active Female Roster[/U][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Jillian Hall[/B]: A talented female wrestler who knows how to get the fans behind her. [/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Madison[/B]: Although she only has average ring abilities, Madison was able to make a name for herself in NEW with her looks and charisma[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Precious Lucy[/B]: An extremely talented wrestler, Lucy is the best woman wrestler NEW has to offer and she makes sure everyone else knows it. Anyone, male or female, that angers Lucy runs the risk of being seriously injuried[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Trinity[/B]: A former stuntwoman, Trinity has decent abilities and always has interesting matches. Trinity is known for being dishonest and scheming, doing whatever it takes to get what she wants. She has recently been using her charms on Precious Lucy and the two have become allies. [/CENTER] [CENTER][U]Non-Competitors[/U][/CENTER] [CENTER]Commentary Team: Jeremy Borash and Chris Nowinski[/CENTER] [CENTER]Referees: Brian Hebner[/CENTER] [CENTER]Mangers: Gary Hart Julius Smokes[/CENTER] [CENTER]Road Agents: Bruce Prichard Paul Orndorff Tom Prichard[/CENTER] [CENTER][B][U]Current Champions[/U][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER]NEW Heavyweight Champion: Adam Pearce NEW No Limits Champion: Petey Williams NEW Tag Champions: Ace Darling and Adam Pearce[/CENTER]

[LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][I][U]October 1st 2005[/U][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [CENTER][U][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][B]Official News From [URL="http://www.NewEnglandWrestling.Com"]WWW.NewEnglandWrestling.Com[/URL][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/CENTER] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]New England Wrestling is proud to announce that it's next two shows will be at the William H. Detrick Gymnasium, New Britain CT . These shows will be on the 27th and 28th of October and will be the first annual Ivy League Invitational Tournament. Sixteen hand picked wrestlers will face off over two nights. The winner of this tournament will recieve a title match for the title of their choice. The tournament brackets are still being decided but as soon as they are finalised NewEnglandWrestling.Com will be the first to report them. [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]As well as the doubleheader at the end of October, NEW will like to announce the following four events...[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Philadelphia, PA - 'Philadelphia Invasion' November 21st [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Worcester, MA - 'New England Nightmare' December 21st[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Lewiston, ME - 'New Year...New Era' January 7th[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Worcester, MA - 'Massachusetts Burning' February 14th[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Tickets are available for all events. Cards will be announced shortly. [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][I][U]October 8th 2005[/U][/I][/SIZE][/FONT] [CENTER][B][U][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Official News From [URL="http://www.NewEnglandWrestling.Com"]WWW.NewEnglandWrestling.Com[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/B][/CENTER] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]The card for the Ivy League Invitational Tournament Events from New Britain, CT have been announced.[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [CENTER][U][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Day 1[/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/CENTER] [LEFT][U][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Ivy League Invitational Tournament[/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Doug Williams vs Reckless Youth[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Petey Williams vs Ricky Reyes[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Ace Darling vs Adam Pearce[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]BJ Whitmer vs Brandom Thomaselli[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Elix Skipper vs Rocky Romero[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]John Walters vs The Amazing Red[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Zach Gowan vs GQ[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Matt Striker vs Caprice Coleman[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Also scheduled are:-[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Cross Fire vs Vito and Salvatore Thomaselli[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Madison vs Trinity[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [CENTER][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][U]Day 2[/U][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][U]Ivy League Invitational Tournament [/U][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and the Final of the tournament will be held[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Also scheduled are:-[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Precious Lucy and Trinity vs Madison and TBA[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Matt Cross vs Vito Thomaselli[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]As you can see there have been a number of signings specifically for these two events. All signings are currently temporary. If NEW officials are pleased with a wrestler's performance over the weekend they will be offered a permenant place on the NEW roster. [/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][U]October 15th 2005[/U][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [CENTER][B][U][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Official News From NewEnglandWrestling.Com[/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/B][/CENTER] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]NEW is pleased to announce that they have signed former ESW wrestlers Axl and Ian Rotten. It is sure these two men will make a huge impact soon. [/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][I][U]October 17th 2005[/U][/I][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]It was almost 2am when my phone rang. I answered it quickly in the hope that it wouldn't disturb my wife. The man on the other end of the phone didn't introduce himself but I recognised the voice instantly. (All swearing has been removed from the conversation)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]"What the hell are you doing?!!!" the voice screamed at me from down the phone. [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]"Frank, I don't know what you're talking about. It's 2 o'clock, what do you want?" I had seen my former boss boss angry before but had never heard him this angry. [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]"You listen to me you punk. I was fine with you joining NEW but you've only been there a few weeks and you've already gone too far. You've stolen three wrestlers from me. I was fine with it just being John Walters but taking Ian and Axl from me too is too much. They're two of my biggest stars! And they don't even fit in with your promotion." Iadeavia was getting louder after each word. I didn't even know it was possible for someone to shout that loud. [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]"Signing the Rottens was nothing to do with you. We have big plans lined up for them. The world doesn't revolve around this war your psychotic fans started."[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]"If you think what was happening before was a war, you haven't seen anything yet. I started you off in this business and this is how you repay me! Your days in wrestling are numbered..." The line went dead as he hung up. I felt guilty. We did have big plans for Ian and Axl but saying signing them away from ESW had nothing to do with our war was a huge lie. But business was business and I would do anything to help my company succeed. [/SIZE][/FONT] [I][U][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]October 18th 2005[/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/I] [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][U]Official News From NewEnglandWrestling.Com[/U][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]We are sad to announce that Elix Skipper has signed a developmental deal with Lone Star Wrestling. We wish him the best of luck in his future and hope we can work together again in the future soon. However it does mean that Elix will not be able to take part in the Ivy League Invitational Tournament. A replacement will be announced shortly. [/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][U][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]October 19th 2005[/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]I'd been on the phone all day trying to find a suitable replacement for Elix. Losing him was a huge blow for the promotion. Not least because he was set to win the tournament and have a huge feud with Adam Pearce over the Heavyweight Title. All my plans were down the pan and I had very little time to come up with something new. [/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][U]October 20th 2005[/U][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]It's hard work working in a wrestling promotion. We had a meeting scheduled with the entire roster today however Lucy didn't show up. She was later found in one of the offices upstairs refusing to go to any meeting that Ricky Reyes was at. They've apparantly had some kind of falling out, I have no idea what about and frankly I don't care. All I know is that Lucy was clearly very upset about something. I decided the best thing to do would be to get them in a room together and let them sort out whatever their problem was. That was a really bad idea. Both Lucy and Ricky cursed each other using language I'll never repeat and at one point Lucy had to actually be restrained by Petey Williams. I have to make sure I never get on her bad side. Things seemed to calmed down but there was still a lot of bad blood in the air. [/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][U]October 23rd 2005[/U][/SIZE][/FONT] [CENTER][B][U][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Official News From NewEnglandWrestling.Com[/SIZE][/FONT][/U][/B][/CENTER] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]It has been announced that Scoot Andrews will take Elix Skipper's place in the Ivy League Invitational Tournament. The first round for the tournament now looks like this.[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Doug Williams vs Reckless Youth[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Petey Williams vs Ricky Reyes[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Ace Darling vs Adam Pearce[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]BJ Whitmer vs Brandon Thomaselli[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Scoot Andrews vs Rocky Romero[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]John Walters vs The Amazing Red[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Zach Gowan vs GQ[/SIZE][/FONT] [SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]Matt Striker vs Caprice Coleman[/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Tickets for the show are still available. [/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

[U][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]October 23rd 2005[/SIZE][/FONT][/U] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][U]Notes From The Ivy League International Tournament Night 1[/U][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]I made a really big mistake. It's always a good idea to make sure all announced competitors in a tournament can actually show up on that day. It's just a pity no one bothered to point out to me that Petey Williams and The Amazing Red were both already booked somewhere else. Oh well, it's lucky I had the Rottens around because they had to become my last second replacements. [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]The first match of the night was Reckless Youth vs Doug Williams. They were given 7 minutes and managed to put together a really good match. However, they did make a couple of mistakes and I think they just don't work well together as opponents. The match ended when Youth hit a Northern Lights 2K1. (C-)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Axl and Ian Rotten came out next to a huge ovation. That was until they started to run down NEW and hype a certain Tri-State based hardcore promotion. They made it clear that they were there only for the money and that deep down they're ESW for life. I banned them from saying Empire State Wrestling or ESW but they still managed to get their point across and the fans hated them by the time they'd finished. (D-)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]The next match was Axl Rotten vs Ricky Reyes. I wasn't certain how well they'd perform together and I wasn't keen on having a long match with two heels so I only gave them 3 minutes and they certainly didn't disappoint. Axl won after hitting a piledriver and the two brothers left shouting a bit too much abuse to the fans. I might need to ask them to tone it down a bit. (C-)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Next in the ring were the tag champions, Ace Darling and Adam Pearce. Although they came down to the ring together Ace did a good job of putting over the fact that he wasn't happy with Pearce. Pearce grabbed a microphone and tried to calm Darling down until Darling grabbed the microphone from him. He told everyone in attendance that Pearce had banned him from challanging for the Heavyweight title if he won the tournament. Darling guaranteed he'd face Pearce when we won the tournament which got a big pop from the fans. The two men got into each other's faces and their match was on. (D)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Although Darling managed to get the fans behind him for the match I still wasn't keen on them having a lot of time so they only had 3 minutes. It was probably a good thing too, although they're a tag team they don't seem to work very well against each other. I was planning on having them feud at some point next year after their team broke up but I'm having second thoughts now. Instead they might be together for a long, long time. Pearce won with a schoolboy and after the match the two hugged. Darling announced that his hatred for NEW was too great for him to ever fall out with Pearce. (D+)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]The next contest was BJ Whitmer vs Brandon Thomaselli. Thomaselli used a lot of very oldschool heel tactics to get the fans to boo him and it worked. The two men had a good 6 minute match that ended when BJ hit a Wrist Clutch Exploder on Brandon. (C-)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Scoot Andrews and Rocky Romero then went to the ring and outshone every prior match. They showed an amazing amount of skill in the 5 minutes I gave them. I only wish I'd given them more time so see if they could have produced something even greater. Scoot picked up the win after hitting the Natural Disaster. (C+)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]The Rotten Brothers were back out for Ian's match with John Walters. Both men were making their debuts after joining us from ESW. I only gave them three minutes but they had a perfectly acceptable match. I certainly underestimated Axl and Ian's wrestling ability. Walters won the match off a Hurricane DDT.(C-)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Zach Gowan faced GQ in the next match. This was an extremely fast paced match that ended after 4 minutes when Zach got the pin from a moonsault. GQ is still generally quite low down the card but with performances like this he'll be huge very soon. (C)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]The final match of the tournament was one of the best. Matt Striker wrestled Caprice Coleman in a three minute match that had the fans on their feet the entire time. Striker picked up the easy win and the two shook hands after the match (C+)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]The women were out next with Madison taking on Trinity. There was no chance of them putting together anything as amazing as the last match but they still had an impressive match. That's one of the things I love about New England Wrestling, even the eye candy can wrestle better then most of the men on the independent circuit. Trinity attacked Madison from behind and beat her down for the first 3 minutes but Madison fought back and won after 6 minutes with a flying head scissors. (D+)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]While Madison was celebrating her victory Precious Lucy ran down the the ring. Lucy and Trinity double teamed Madison until suddenly Amazing Kong ran down to the ring to make the save. I'm not sure how impressed the fans were but she certainly looks impressive out there compared to our other women. She might win the fans over more when they see her wrestle. (E)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Kong grabbed a microphone and discussed the fact that Madison needed a partner for her tag match the next night. Kong officially announced that she was going to be Madison's partner and that recieved a decent pop from the fans. I'm really looking forward to their match tomorrow. (D-)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]The main event of the evening put Cross Fire in the ring against Vito and Salvatore Thomaselli. The Thomaselli's managed to get themselves over against the always popular Cross Fire and they had an impressive match for 11 minutes. Matt Cross picked up the victory after hitting Death From Above. A good match (C-)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]While Cross Fire were recovering from their match Pearce and Darling ran down and attacked them. I thought this would get a slightly better reaction then it did. (E+)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Suddenly Striker and Gowan ran down to the ring to make the save. Pearce insulted both men in his usual artistic way and then gave the microphone to Darling. Darling challanged Striker and Gowan to a tag match anytime they wanted. Pearce's shocked reaction was brilliant. Striker and Gowan conferred for a few seconds and then announced they wanted the tag match right then. That got the fans back into it and got them ready for the real main event of the night. (C-)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Although all four men had already wrestled once they managed to have a great main event. They wrestled all over the arena for 16 minutes with each big spot getting a great reaction from the fans in attendance. The match ended when Pearce pinned Gowan using the ropes for leverage. The fans weren't happy with that. They weren't booing in a 'We hate the fact the heels won.' way. It was more like 'We hate the fact they didn't give that match a clean finish'. I have a little to learn about our supporters. Although the finish upset them a little it was still a great main event. (C-)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Pearce and Darling started to attack Gowan and Striker and the Rotten Brothers quickly ran down to join in. Striker and Gowan couldn't fight back against the 4 man assault. (D-)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Axl and Ian left the ring as quickly as they entered as Pearce grabbed a microphone. Pearce announced that although their might not be much in common between Ian and Axl and Pearce and Darling they were all united in their hatred for NEW. Pearce then announced that he would win the tournament the following night, win the No Limits title and then have all the gold. Pearce and Darling left as the fans booed them loudly. (D+)[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]1,479 people turned up for the show. It's not bad but I know we can do better. Afterwards Tom Prichard told me that I used Pearce and Darling too much. I agreed that they were all over the show but pushed the fact that they were going to be our big stars. After a few more stern words Tom congratulated me saying he thought the show was great. I tried to be modest but I'm certainly going to fall asleep with a huge smile on my face. [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Overall Rating: C-[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial][SIZE=3](OOC: I would be extremely grateful for any feedback on this show. I'm not sure I'm happy with the layout and would love any opinions.)[/SIZE][/FONT]

Hey there, Pander. Nice writing style! And the premise is good. Unlike me, you're nice and fast-paced, which is very refreshing. As per your show formatting; you may try a common trick I and several others use. In order to 'break things up a bit', try putting some things in a quote-block. What comes readily to my mind, to fit your writing style the way you've laid things out already, is an alternating set-up, matches in blocks and angles out. Perhaps something like so: Angle text description here... Angle text description here... [QUOTE]Match description here...[/QUOTE] Angle text description here... [QUOTE]Match description here...[/QUOTE] Angle text description here... Angle text description here... [QUOTE]Match description here...[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]Match description here...[/QUOTE] Angle text description here... etc. You get the idea. Keep the writing and style [B][I]just[/I][/B] the way it is, though. You seem to write well and smoothly that way, so don't worry about changing that. Just maybe quote-block it. It would break things up so they don't seem like a huge slog-through ([I]not that your writing is a slog-through! But as you go, should you increase the detail and corresponding length of things it may come to seem a little like it[/I]). It may also make it seem more coherant, as one can readily tell what is a match and what is an angle. What is in-ring and what is 'out', per se. For myself, I quote-block what is anounced ([I]think radio broadcast[/I]) and don't block what is simply told/narrated by my main character, but mine is also more story and verbose. Seems to work that way for me, and [B][I]definately[/I][/B] helps make mine less of a slog-through! Maybe something like that would work for you! Nice diary. Keep up the good work! I'll be keeping an eye on this, for sure.

[FONT=Arial](Thanks for the feedback and advice. I was really unhappy with the layout of my show but I was too rushed to really work out what I wanted to do with it so thanks for all the help.)[/FONT] [LEFT][U][FONT=Arial]October 24th 2005[/FONT][/U][/LEFT] [CENTER][B][U][FONT=Arial]Notes From The Ivy League Invitational Day 2[/FONT][/U][/B][/CENTER] [LEFT][FONT=Arial]When I arrived at the arena this morning I found Tom Prichard waiting for me. Apparantly my planning of this tournament isn't up to NEW standards. BJ Whitmer was supposed to be in the quarterfinals facing Adam Pearce but instead he's in Canada wrestling for Stampede. Prichard spent ten minutes shouting at me and in order to reinforce my authority I spent the next ten ten minutes shouting at a ringhand who dropped some litter. It might have been unprofessional but it made me feel better. I really need to spend more time checking people I'm booking are available...or hire someone to do it for me...hmmmmm. Anyway, I managed to turn it into a plus so it's not all bad I'm just not sure Tom sees it that way. [/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial]The show started with new NEW signings Axl and Ian Rotten making their way down to the ring. They recieved a decent face pop from some of the fans who probably didn't watch yesterday's show and don't realise they're heels. I'm guessing they noticed the cheers because they visiously attacked NEW and the fans, once again using language that I'm not sure the Prichards appreciate. The Rotten brothers then turned their attention to Axl's opponent Reckless Youth. Axl announced that they had spent the night debating the future of professional wrestling with Adam Pearce. Although they disagree with each other over the usefulness of barbedwire and fire they agree that highflying wrestlers are the parasites of the wrestling world calling Reckless Youth one of the worst offenders. Axl promised to make sure Reckless Youth can never climb the top rope ever again. (D-)[/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial]Recless Youth then came down to the ring. He argued that the fans came to see highflying fastpaced action and it was his job to make sure they got their money's worth. Youth promised to hit Axl with a highflying move and dedicated the move to the fans. (E+)[/FONT][/LEFT] [quote] [B][U][FONT=Arial]Quarter Final: Axl Rotten vs Reckless Youth[/FONT][/U][/B] [LEFT][FONT=Arial]Axl used his size and strength to dominate at the start of the match but Reckless Youth managed to dodge a few offensive moves to regain some momentum. While Axl was stunned after a flying head scissors, Youth climbed the turnbuckle and after pointing to the fans in attendance hit a frogsplash picking up the win after 5:44 minutes of action. Once again Axl proves he doesn't need hardcore objects to wrestle a decent match (C+)[/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial]Winner: Reckless Youth[/FONT][/LEFT] [/quote] [LEFT][FONT=Arial]Reckless Youth was scheduled face the winner of the Adam Pearce vs BJ Whitmer match. Amazingly BJ Whitmer didn't make his way down to the ring when his music played. After Whitmer's music played twice Pearce's music started and the NEW champion made his way to the ring. Pearce announced that BJ had suffered an unfortunate accident the night before and would be unable to wrestle. Whitmer had walked into a door and was still being checked over in hospital. Pearce announced that as Whitmer wasn't available to face him he'd recieve a bye to the semi finals. Pearce then left to boos from the NEW fans. (C-)[/FONT][/LEFT] [quote] [LEFT][B][U][FONT=Arial]Quarter Final: John Walters vs Scoot Andrews[/FONT][/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial]Although both men are newcomers to NEW and I haven't had a chance to develop either of their characters I hoped the two would be able to have an technical match that would win over the NEW fans in attendance. The match was decent but Scoot seemed to mess up a few times. Ignoring the mistakes I think they have a pretty good chemistry together. Walters won after hitting a tornado DDT at 5:30. Scoot raised John's hand as the fans clapped. (C-)[/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial]Winner: John Walters[/FONT][/LEFT] [/quote] [LEFT][FONT=Arial]Although they were due to wrestle next, Zach Gowan and Matt Striker came down to the ring together. Matt Striker talked about the four man beatdown they'd suffered the day before. He said that they were both aching but were ready to fight. Although winning the Ivy League tournament would be huge for both men, Striker admitted that they were more concerned about making sure Adam Pearce didn't win. Striker called Pearce a cancer that was slowly eating away at NEW and killing it from the inside. Zach took the microphone and pledged that whoever won their match would make sure that Pearce didn't end up Ivy League Invitational champion. (D+)[/FONT][/LEFT] [quote] [LEFT][B][U][FONT=Arial]Quarter Final: Matt Striker vs Zach Gowan[/FONT][/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial]The two friends managed to have a decent match with both working as respectfully as possible. Even though neither took a traditional heel position they managed to keep the fans entertained. Striker won after an elbow drop got a three count. Afterwards the two friends hugged. (C-)[/FONT][/LEFT] [LEFT][FONT=Arial]Winner: Matt Striker[/FONT][/LEFT] [/quote] [quote] [LEFT][B][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][U][B]Matt Cross w/Jason Cross vs Vito Thomaselli w/Salvatore Thomaselli[/B][/U][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/B][B][FONT=Arial][/LEFT] [FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]The Thomaselli Brothers had a great debut last night with Crossfire but this singles match was even better. A 12 minute match that didn't give the fans in attendance the chance to stop applauding from exciting spot to exciting spot. Salvatore constantly tried to interfere until Jason had finally had enough and the two came to blows. The match finished when Matt hit a moonsault on both Thomaselli brothers. Vito was then thrown back into the ring where he was pinned. (C)[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Winner: Matt Cross[/FONT] [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/B][/quote] [FONT=Arial]While CrossFire were celebrating in the ring both Thomaselli Brothers attacked them from behind. The two teams brawled all over ringside while officials did everything they could to seperate them. The four men then disappeared as they brawled to the backstage area. (E+)[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Adam Pearce came down to the ring for his semi-final match against Reckless Youth. Pearce mocked the booing fans. He started to talk about Youth when he was suddenly inturrupted by Youth's music. Reckless Youth came down to the ring. Youth told Pearce that he'd been keeping his eye on NEW for a while and everytime he saw Pearce disrespect the fans and disrespect the company it made him sick. Youth then claimed that after he beats Pearce and then wins the final, he'll came back for Pearce's title and shut him up for good. A nice bit of promo work from the two men really got the fans into the match (D+)[/FONT] [quote] [B][U][FONT=Arial]Semi-Final Match: Adam Pearce vs Reckless Youth[/FONT][/U][/B] [FONT=Arial]A great match for the first semi-final. Pearce was in full heel mode taking every shortcut he could to keep the upperhand. He had a number of opporunites to pin Youth but constantly delayed pinning him so he could shout abuse at the booing fans. Youth started to fight back and managed a few near falls but Pearce was able to kick out of all atempts. Youth climbed the turnbuckle but Pearce pushed the referee into the ropes knocking him down. Pearce then hit a piledriver on Youth and managed to pick up the win. (C+)[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Winner: Adam Pearce[/FONT] [/quote] [FONT=Arial]While Youth was recovering in the ring Pearce made a cutting throat gesture and then left the ring. Suddenly Axl and Ian Rotten ran down to the ring attacking the down Youth while Pearce watched on enjoying himself. Youth was looked over by medical staff but was able to leave the ring on his own as the fans clapped. (E+)[/FONT] [quote] [FONT=Arial][B][U]Semi-Final Match: John Walters vs Matt Striker[/U][/B][/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Although Walters is a face and recieved a decent amount of cheers, the crowd were all over Striker with one of the loudest cheers of the night. The two men had a good techinal wrestling match showing off a number of unusual submissions. Striker locked on a STF and Walters had to tap out giving Striker the win. (C-). Those two seemed to work really well together, a lot of the match flowed really well. [/FONT] [/quote] [FONT=Arial]Precious Lucy and Trinity came down to the ring for their tag match against Madison and the debuting Amazing Kong. Lucy took the microphone from the ring announcer and verbally attacked Kong. She talked about her dominance over the women in NEW and claimed that there was no woman in the world that can beat her. Tonight Kong might be making her debut but she'll also be having her farewell match tonight.[/FONT] [quote] [B][FONT=Arial][B][FONT=Arial][U]Amazing Kong and Madison vs Precious Lucy and Trinity[/U][/FONT][/B] [FONT=Arial]A decent women's match that cooled the crowd down before the main event. Madison started off but she was constantly doubleteamed by Lucy and Trinity. Everytime Madison managed to gain some offence the other tag opponent would interfere. Kong constantly tried to get a tag but the heels stopped her. Madison eventually managed to hit both Lucy and Trinity with a DDT and crawled her way to make the tag. Amazing Kong fired into the ring taking on both Lucy and Trinity at once. She hit a splash on both Lucy and Trinity and then after hitting Trinity with a bridging german suplex picked up the victory for her team. (D+)[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Winners: Amazing Kong and Madison[/FONT] [/FONT][/B][/quote] [FONT=Arial]Kong picked up a ringside microphone while Lucy and Trinity slowly got to their feet. She informed Lucy that her reign at dominate woman in NEW was over. Lucy grabbed the microphone from her and pointed out that she wasn't the one that had been pinned. Kong agreed and challanged Lucy to a Best of 3 Series of matches to determine who truely is the the better women's wrestling. Lucy looked concerned for a couple of seconds then agreed happily. Lucy then left the ring not taking her eyes of Kong until she was backstage. (E+)[/FONT] [quote] [FONT=Arial][B][U]Final For The Ivy League Invitational Cup: Adam Pearce vs Matt Striker[/U][/B][/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Pearce and Striker had a staredown as the match started. Striker pointed to Pearce's title making it clear that if he won he'd, the title would be next. Pearce laughed at then slapped Striker down to the mat. The two men brawled all over the ring with neither getting the upperhand. Striker knocked Pearce out of the ring and the two then brawled all over ringside. Pearce managed to reverse a piledriver attempt into a backdrop in an impressive spot. Back in the ring Pearce hit a lowblow and used the ropes for leverage during a pin attempt. Pearce was able to keep the advantage using a number of underhand tactics but Striker managed to kick out after a piledriver. Striker was able to fight back and locked on the STF. Pearce tried to reach the ropes but couldn't reach as Striker pulled even harder on the STF. With nothing else to do, Pearce tapped out giving Striker the win. (C)[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Winner and Ivy League Invitational Cup: Matt Striker[/FONT] [/quote] [FONT=Arial]Striker celebrated in the ring as Pearce slowly got to his feet. The Heavyweight champion glared at Striker as the referee climbed into the ring with the cup. As the referee passed Pearce he grabbed hold of the cup snatching it away. Pearce looked like he was going to smash the cup but instead awarded it to a suprised Striker. Pearce held Striker's arm up in victory and then left the ring so Striker could celebrate on his own. The fans in attendance cheered loudly as Striker posed on each turnbuckle with the cup over his head. (D)[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]1263 fans were in attendance and all seemed to enjoy an exremley satisfying show. I spent the next few hours talking to a number of wrestlers about their performances and then had dinner with the Prichard brothers to celebrate two successful nights of wrestling.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial]Overall Rating: C-[/FONT]

Archived