DOTT: Joel Watts inherits Mid-South

I started to play a game using Mid-South Wrestling and I didn't notice that Bill Watts is set as a semi-active wrestler in the game. He retires about a month in and then, for some strange reason, Joel Watts inherits the promotion. Odd, since Bill still is there just not as an active competitor. I may have to change him to Retired at the beginning. Interesting to note (I hadn't had change of owner in any of my games) that the Goals do change with the new owner.

Pretty awesome that the new owner set new goals. By the way, in my DOTT game, Vince's first goals were awfully strict (increase prestige and a specific budget)- and I couldn't sign anyone other feds (possibly the most challenging block) or guys with less than a C- resilience. After I met those goals, he was laxer. I don't know if it was random or a reward or just part of his personality, but I'll take never falling below $0 and not being able to sign wrestlers under a D in something over the original goals.

In my current The Fall game, Hulk Hogan retired, and Horace Hogan inherited AWF. The Hulkster is on the booking team, though. Jim Cornette is the new AWF booker, too. With Bisch not on the booking team. Uncle Eric gets no love in Horace's AWF.

Archived