TV Contracts!! Help!

So, I've just been told that one of my shows has only one more season left with a major network in the US. The problem is networks just released their new shows (I'm at the first of the month). So, will I be able to renew my contract?! Because normally networks only really negotiate new shows like every 3 months or so and I don't want to lose my slot with this channel. I tried to click on renegotiate and it said I couldn't. Will I loose my slot?!

boo! The one show I will loose my US coverage however will continue with my Japanese coverage as well as my UK coverage. So now i'll have to decide whether or not I want to just keep the show for those markets (which i'm thinking not) or cancel the show... Which i'm guessing hurts something (Popularity or Prestige or something). Thanks for ya answer tho.

No, dude, he was answering "Yes" to the question as to whether you can still renew your slot. You will get the warning about having one season left for the [I]entire[/I] last season. It's so you don't forget to renew it when it says the networks are scheduling. Believe it or not, people did used to have a habit of losing track and forgetting to renew their slots back in TEW2005, so this was added in as a very loud (the loudest in the game) reminder not to do so. You can renew during the negotiation period when you are in your final season. If you miss the final negotiation period, you lose your show, so just the fact that you still have it means it's not too late. Just wait for the next scheduling period.

Archived