Arby's, Sam Strong and The Comeback Kid (USPW)

[B]Briefly out of Character:[/B] I am a long time reader of this forum and I like playing USPW a lot, so this is my attempt at a dynasty. Thanks to J-Silver and the other USPW writers for inspiring me to take on the saddest company in the CornellVerse. [CENTER][B][U]Getting the Wheels in Motion[/U][/B][/CENTER] [COLOR="Blue"]“Jack, it was great talking to you last night, brother. I’m really excited about where this company is going in the next few months. I’m going to send over a copy of the contract you signed last night to the fax number you gave me, brother. It’s a pleasure doing business with you.”[/COLOR] I hate getting woken up in the morning by my answering machine. Worst yet, I hate getting woken up by a voice I can barely recognize. I knew I had a hard night drinking at the bar the night before. There was little recollection on my part of how I did end up getting to bed, but blacking out was something I was getting used to more and more lately. I staggered out of bed, walking through the beer cans scattered next to my bed, to check if I had any more messages. My best friend, Todd, had called a few hours prior: [COLOR="Red"]“Hey Jack, can you believe we met Sam freakin’ Strong at that bar last night? THE Sam Strong! And he had heard of you! And … and he made you booker of USPW! And I’m going to get to wrestle for the company! Oh, by the way, I noticed you were a little loaded by night’s end, so hopefully the cab got you home. Let me know you’re all right.”[/COLOR] Sam Strong? USPW? Todd had to be pulling my leg. Before I could get my bearings and take in all of this information, my fax machine started going off. I picked up the piece of paper and to my horror, Todd wasn’t kidding. Somehow, last night, I had managed to place my signature on a contract with USPW. I was now apparently the booker of the company. Of USPW. Good lord. How did I not remember doing any of this? This was the business I had sworn off years ago and here I was, employed by the least exciting wrestling company in North America, all thanks to the wonders of alcohol. Considering the other message appeared to have the voice of THE Sam Strong, this nightmare was my reality. I’m guessing Sam Strong had somehow heard of me, because at one point in my life I was a professional wrestler myself. While many kids were studying calculus and history and all those boring subjects in order to get into a good college, I was learning to become a professional wrestler outside of class. I grew up idolizing the Rip Chords and the Sam Strongs growing up and I found myself at my happiest when training in the gym. Soon I became the sweetheart of the New England indie scene. At nineteen, I was getting plenty of bookings with decent local promotions. Somehow scouts got hold of my work, as one day I got a call from THE Rich Eisen, asking if I wanted to join Rhode Island Pro Wrestling. Not wanting to turn down my big shot at potential superstardom, I agreed. My first three matches were decent and I was getting good feedback from the bookers. My future seemed quite bright. Then came the accident. I can’t say enough how important it is to wear your seatbelt, especially if you have a dumbass friend driving the vehicle. Needless to say, less than a month into my RIPW tenure, I was in a horrible car wreck. I walked out of it alive, thank god, but my right knee was absolutely destroyed. Somehow I managed to tear my ACL, MCL, PCL, and partially tear my LCL. Now, tearing one major ligament in your knee is bad enough. However, when you tear three ligaments and almost completely tear the fourth, you’re screwed. The doctors told me I was very lucky my leg wasn’t amputated. When Rich Eisen heard about the accident, Todd had to hand deliver me my pink slip at the hospital. So there I was, no developmental contract and no health insurance, either. I still hold a pretty bad grudge against Rich to say the least. When I finally got out of the hospital, I was facing mounting medical bills and physical therapy. That was three years ago. With the help of friends, family and loans, I was able to pay off the bills. My knee isn’t going to be at 100% ever again but it works well enough. I decided to go to college, get my degree and start a career in communications. I had sworn off the wrestling business for good. Or so I thought. Maybe Sam Strong had heard my story from somebody else in the business. Or maybe when I was drunk at the bar I started to get nostalgic about my career as a wrestler and he liked my philosophy about the current wrestling scene. Somehow I had impressed him. Who knows? What I do know is I have a flight to catch tomorrow with a plane ticket Sam bought for me. This was going to be an interesting conversation to say the least.

[CENTER][B][U]...And I Signed My Dreams Away[/U][/B][/CENTER] The USPW office wasn’t as bad as I pictured it. Okay, it was kind of small and in the middle of nowhere, but at least the entire company wasn’t full of geriatrics (only the wrestlers). Sam’s office was exactly what you’d expect, display cases of his SWF and TCW title belts and a picture of Sam jubilantly holding up his SWF world title after defeating Rip Chord back in 1981, a match I grew up watching over and over. Sam sat at the desk, surprisingly still in decent shape considering he was sixty years old. [COLOR="Blue"]“Take a seat, brother.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“Will do.” [/COLOR]I wish Sam had used some of the company’s money to get better furniture. I already felt uncomfortable. [COLOR="Blue"]“First, welcome to the company. I really think we’re going to go to fine places, you and me.”[/COLOR] I gave a nervous chuckle. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“Sam, you know honestly … I was really drunk two nights ago when I signed that contract. Actually, I barely remember meeting you at that bar. I … don’t remember we even talked about. Frankly, I feel like I’m just wasting your time.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Brother, I’m not an idiot, I knew you were drunk off your ass that night. But, I liked your beliefs on the industry … specifically what changes my company needed to be made. You told it like it was, maybe because you were drunk, but you were honest. That’s what I need in this company. Youth. Danny took the booking as far as he could, but I think you’re the kind of person that can lead this company in the future. You’re a man of the 2000’s. I like that.”[/COLOR] I wasn’t sure what the hell “a man of the 2000’s” was, but I appreciated that compliment. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“So I guess I signed a pretty legal binding document, huh?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Oh yeah, brother, you signed a good deal of your savings to be invested by the company as well.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“WHAT?”[/COLOR] Okay, honestly, I didn’t read the entire contract when it came out of the fax. [COLOR="Blue"]“Also you insisted that your friend Todd had to be an active member of the roster if you were going to invest a few thousand dollars into the company.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“Are you serious?”[/COLOR] I want to cry. [COLOR="Blue"]“Yep.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“So that’s incentive for me to take this job. I gave you most of what I own. Even though you don’t need it.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Yep.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“****. How much am I getting paid?”[/COLOR] Sam slipped a piece of paper over to my side of the desk. It wasn’t great, but it was higher than the previous job I was working. I probably should tell my old boss I’m not showing up to work again. Also, I need to call the college that taking classes this semester was out of the question. Thanks Sam, I’m so excited to work at your retirement home until the end of time. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“Do I at least get an office?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Right down the hall, brother.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“What, that janitor’s closet I passed by to get here?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Yep.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“Sam…”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“I put a desk and a computer in there for you, brother. Enjoy.”[/COLOR] I had really no choice but to take this job. I had a feeling that one look in my bank account and I was going to have maybe thirty dollars left in it if I was lucky. Oh, and Todd? The next time I see Todd, I’m going to kick his ass. Now here I am, forced to tour with a bunch of old wrestlers in an industry I was hell bent in never being involved in ever again. Sam appeared to notice the discouragement from my body language. [COLOR="Blue"]“Brother, I know you feel like I’m holding you hostage here, but I’m doing you a favor.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“How?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“I know your story. I know how good of a wrestler you once were. I know about the car accident and I know about your dealings with Rich Eisen. I’m letting you get back into the industry you once loved. I see it in your eyes. You still have the passion, I can tell. This is your calling. Use this opportunity to prove yourself.”[/COLOR] I was stunned. Some of those words coming out of the mouth of Sam Strong were making a little sense, but I was still pissed off beyond comprehension. However, I was resigned to my fate. [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“You know what, fine. You win, Sam. I have no choice but to take this job.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Welcome aboard, brother.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“I guess we should get to booking the first show then?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Well brother, hold on. We still need to talk about some of the guidelines that come with your job.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“Oh, you have standards, Sam?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Very funny, brother. Listen, I brought you in here to make this company some money. By the time your contract comes up for renewal I want you the company to have more money than it is worth now, which is about six mil.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“And if I fail this, I can leave?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“If you blatantly fail, I’ll have Giant Redwood take a dump on you.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“Oh god, please no. What else do I have to do?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“You and I both talked a lot about the need of youth at the bar.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“Yeah Sam, Christ, the average age for an employee at this company is 38. That’s insane, Sam.[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“That’s why I’m telling you not to sign anyone older than 35 years old.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“See, now you’re making sense. However, I have a list of twelve guys here we really, really should sign and few are older than 35.”[/COLOR] Sam sighed. [COLOR="Blue"]“I’ll make an exception for now, dude, but in the future I want you hiring young talent.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“Trust me, it will not be an issue.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Finally brother, you are not to hire any wrestler with a long history of injuries. I’m not paying people to sit at home, you hear me?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]“Nice and loud, Sam.”[/COLOR] I had a feeling Sam wasn’t pleased with USPW’s insurance company denying them claims, because, you know, all of Sam's middle aged buddies tend to break down left and right. [COLOR="Blue"]“Now let’s get to booking our first show together.”[/COLOR]

I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this - especially since most of the other USPW diaries on the board have slowed down a bit as of late. One comment though, and this could just be me, but I don't really like reading the yellow/orange text. The blue is fine though.

[QUOTE=d_w_w;285902]I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this - especially since most of the other USPW diaries on the board have slowed down a bit as of late. One comment though, and this could just be me, but I don't really like reading the yellow/orange text. The blue is fine though.[/QUOTE] Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. I agree with you about the orange text, I didn't realize how hideous it was until I hit 'submit', so that will be ditched in the future.

[CENTER][B][U]Saying Goodbye ... On the First Day[/U][/B][/CENTER] My first day at the office was quite eventful. I spend the first few hours booking the run sheet for tomorrow’s show and we pitched ideas for future angles (I thought most of Sam’s ideas sucked, but I tried to humor him). I also convinced Sam we needed to change the companies product slightly, adding in a little hardcore, modern and lucha influences while picking up the intensities of the matches slightly. Sam agreed with me to the extent that as long as the changes wouldn’t be obvious enough to alienate our existing fanbase. If I had it my way, I’d fire the asses of half the roster and change the direction of the company, but then again, I’m not Sam Strong with all of the damn money around here. Oh, might I add, getting told I couldn’t fire anyone immediately, that was just great. Way to not allow me to make an immediate impact, Sam. Also, using the few connections I had in the industry, I was able to get in contact with many of the major competing promotions. After a few minutes of begging, I was able to get working agreements with TCW, PGHW (in case I really, really need a Japanese wrestler), NOTBPW, CGC, and DAVE. I figured these companies were run by reasonable people and I didn’t want them completely hoarding any potential wrestlers I wanted to sign. After making all of these calls and kissing plenty of ass, I got my first visitor to my janitor’s closet. It was Darryl Devine. [COLOR="Blue"]“Hey, it’s Jack, right?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“Yeah, Darryl Devine, correct?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Indeed. Nice to meet you. I’d really feel like a jerk springing this on you your first day of work, but I need to tell you something important.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“What, Redwood is behaving like an ass? I’ll try to do something about it.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Well, he always is, but that’s not why I’m here. You see … I got an offer from SWF last night.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“From Rich Eisen?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Yes.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“How much did he offer?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“A lot more than I’m making here.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“There’s no way I can match it?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“It’s guaranteed money, Jack.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“Darryl, it’s my first day and you’re my best wrestler in the company. I’m sure we can negotiate a raise.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“No, Jack, it’s too late. I signed the contract.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“You signed a contract!?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“I did and I came you give you my notice. I am leaving USPW in seven days. I’m sorry Jack, but I had to go where the money is, and right now it’s not here.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“I had big plans for you, Darryl.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“I know, but it’s guaranteed money. I have to go. I hope you’re not too pissed off.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“You didn’t do anything wrong honestly. At least you gave me notice. I need to rebook tomorrow’s show, however.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]“Understood. Thanks for taking this well. Sorry to do this on your first day.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“Well, take care Darryl. And be careful. Eisen makes a lot of promises, but don’t get your hopes up.”[/COLOR] Darryl had left and I don’t think he had heard the last part of my sentence. So there I was, my most talented wrestler in the company had departed, courtesy of Rich Eisen. I fumbled through my notes for tomorrow’s card. Just what I needed, the key part of my youth movement was gone within a week. I had to do some serious damage control, and fast. Sighing loudly, I had a bad feeling this wasn’t going to be the first obstacle placed in front of me. This was going to be a long year.

Again, thanks for all the kind words and advice. A quick preface to this show: Sam and I decided to split the road agent duties until I hire somebody to take care of the RA'ing full time. I also served as a color commentator for tonight's show in order to hype the changes forthcoming. [CENTER][B]Arby’s Presents: USPW American Wrestling[/B] Wednesday, Week 1, January 2007 Held at Pennsylvania Park Attendance: 2,000 (sold out) [U]Dark Matches[/U] [IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/GiantRedwood.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/Random_Male35.jpg[/IMG] [U]-[B]Giant Redwood vs. Todd Short[/B]-[/U][/CENTER] I should preface this by explaining Todd’s wrestling background. Todd hasn’t wrestled a whole lot. I couldn’t even believe Sam thought it was a good idea to let him step in the ring, but since he was contractually obligated to wrestle (I’m still not sure how that happened), I had to stick him in with the only heel I didn’t have working on the card. Of course, that was Giant Redwood. I told Redwood to take it easy on Todd and, you know, script the match and low and behold, these two put on a -***** classic in a matter of three minutes. Todd was completely clueless out there and didn’t get much help from Redwood. I breathed a sigh of relief when Todd was finally squashed with an ugly looking splash. [B]Giant Redwood defeated Todd Short in 3:06 by pinfall with a Standing Splash.[/B] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Navy"]E-[/COLOR] [CENTER] [U]Main Show[/U][/CENTER] We start off tonight's show with Danny Jillefski, Shane Sneer and Jack Avatar hyping upcoming changes (USPW will have a new General Manager in two weeks time) The announcers also put over the fact that we'll be seeing Freddie Datsun take on T-Rex. Also, Bruce the Giant battles Corporal Doom in tonight's main event. [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Navy"]C[/COLOR] Bruce the Giant then proceeded to stroll to the ring to a nice ovation from the crowd. He then cut this epic promo: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Mates, Bruce the Giant has something to say. I've been hearing in the back about the changes we're going to be seeing in the near future, but I want all you fans to know that the largest athlete in the world isn't going anywhere. This belt is going to remain in my possession for as long as I feel. Corporal Doom, tonight you're going to be just another stepping stone for me. You've been around this business much longer than myself, but you'll soon learn it won't matter. Once I hit you with the choke slam, mate, there is no getting up for you."[/COLOR] Well, I've seen worse. Corporal Doom is almost 73 years old, so Bruce did a decent job of making him sound important. [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Navy"]C[/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/TomE.Hawk.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/Oscar.jpg[/IMG] [U]-[B]Nicky Champion vs. Lex Appeal[/B]-[/U] [/CENTER] Well the first televised match under my tenure as booker turned out to be a delightful mess. Champion is a guy I'd like to push in the future, hence he gets the win over here against the completely useless Lex Appeal in what was basically a squash. I was hoping for Lex to make Nicky look pretty good in there, but instead the crowd was treated to a painfully awkward four minutes of wrestling. The good news is that Nicky looked much better in the ring than from the clips I had seen of him. [B]Nicky Champion defeated Lex Appeal in 4:34 by pinfall with a Hawkeye Hammer.[/B] [B]Rating: [/B][COLOR="Navy"]E[/COLOR] Freddie Datsun was then interviewed backstage by myself and had these words for T-Rex: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"So T-Rex, the word backstage appears to be that you and me are stepping in the ring tonight. Well let me tell you something, if you think the All-American lumberjack is afraid of a big, bad dinosaur, you might as well book a hotel and tuck yourself into your bed sheets, because you must be dreaming. Freddie Datsun is going to go out there and show the great fans tonight who is the best in USPW!"[/COLOR] I sort of wanted to tuck myself into bed and go to sleep after the interview, but kidding aside, Freddie did a decent job hyping his match up tonight. [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Navy"]C+[/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/USPW_Tag.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/DannyRushmore.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/MickMuscles.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/AlTheHillbilly.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/PeteTheHillbilly.jpg[/IMG] [U]-[B][COLOR="Red"]USPW Tag Team Title Match:[/COLOR] The Towers of Power (c) vs. The Hillbillys[/B]-[/U][/CENTER] This was basically another awful squash-tastic match. I figured the Hillbillys would be out of gas around the three minute mark, and amazingly, I was thirty seconds off. Thankfully, Rushmore put an end to this match with the Rushmore bomb to cap off an easy title defense. [B]The Towers Of Power defeated The Hillbillys in 2:35 when Danny Rushmore defeated Al The Hillbilly by pinfall with a Rushmore Bomb. [/B]The Towers Of Power make defence number 1 of their USPW World Tag Team titles. [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Navy"]E+[/COLOR] After the match, we go backstage to everybody's favorite wrestling salesman, Jim Force! [B][COLOR="DarkGreen"]"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FORCELINGS ALLOW ME TO FIRST TELL YOU ALL THAT AFTER THE SHOW IT IS A NECESSITY TO GO DOWN TO YOUR LOCAL ARBY'S AND BUY LOTS OF ROAST BEEF SANDWICHESSSSSSSS. NEXT I WANT TO DELIVER A MESSAGE TO ERIC THE BULL. ERIC, YOU MUST REALIZE THAT A BULL IS NO MATCH FOR THE POWER THAT IS KNOWN AS THE FORCE. WITH THE AID OF MY FORCELINGS AT RINGSIDE I WILL KEEP MY TITLE WITH THE AID OF THE FOOOOORCE PUNCH AND THE FOOOORCE KICK. BUY MY MERCHANDISE AND EAT ROOAAAAAAAST BEEEEEEEF SANDWICHEEEEEES."[/COLOR][/B] Oh man, that was painful to listen to for more than three seconds. The fans didn't seem too excited at the prospect of Force fighting Eric the Bull. I can't blame them. I guess the sponsors at Arby's will be pleased, however. [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Navy"]E+[/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/USPW_National.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/JimForce.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/BullWrecker.jpg[/IMG] [U]-[B][COLOR="Red"]USPW National Title Match:[/COLOR] Jim Force (c) vs. Eric the Bull[/B]-[/U] [/CENTER] Another match in the E range? Come the hell on. You know, I'm going to cut Eric some slack because he's a rookie and still learning how to perform in the ring. However, Jim Force is simply a useless sack of crap when it comes to wrestling. I still can't believe Sam put the title on this guy three goddamn times. As you can expect, this was a complete mess (though I tried to give Eric some spots for offense, to avoid booking a third consecutive squash). Force finally retained his title with the deadly Full Force. [B]Jim Force defeated Eric The Bull in 5:32 by pinfall with a Full Force.[/B] Jim Force makes defence number 1 of his USPW National title. [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Navy"]E+[/COLOR] And in tradition with tonight's show, we go backstage yet again, this time with Darryl Devine and Seduction: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"You know, it's been a long week for Darryl Devine. I have a feeling tonight won't be any easier. Peter Valentine, I've been chasing you for weeks and weeks and tonight, TONIGHT, I want to wrestle you in the ring. No more excuses, no more hiding. Peter, your time is up, and once I hit you with the Devine Dream Drop, you'll understand why the call me simply devine."[/COLOR] Well, uh, I didn't expect much as getting anyone excited for Peter Valentine is a paramount task. [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Navy"]D-[/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/DemonAnger.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/DemonSpite.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/CheetahBoy.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/PatrickCool.jpg[/IMG] [U]-[B]The Demons of Rage vs. Happy Elwood and Cheetah Boy[/B]-[/U][/CENTER] Leave it to Happy Elwood and Cheetah Boy to guide USPW to its first D-range match under my tenure. I can't really say much about this match other than it was yet another squash in order to keep the Demons looking like a strong tag team even though there are about 350 years old combined. [B]The Demons Of Rage defeated Happy Elwood and Cheetah Boy in 3:37 when Demon Anger defeated Cheetah Boy by pinfall with a Demon Double Down.[/B] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Navy"]D-[/COLOR] After the match, the Demons of Rage take the microphones (oh god no) and challenge any tag team to face them at the next major USPW event (Stars, Stripes, and Slams). [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Navy"]C-[/COLOR] We go backstage with the 180th time tonight to talk to Peter Valentine: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]"Darryl ... Darryl ... Darryl. I said it once and I'll say it again. As long as I'm wrestling in this company there is no chance in hell you'll ever be able to beat me. Darryl, you are the smallest of the small fries. Me? I've wrestled around the world and beaten the absolute best. So, your challenge is accepted. Tonight you're going to regret ever calling out the Ring God Peter Valentine."[/COLOR] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Navy"]C[/COLOR] [CENTER] [IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/DarrylDevine.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/PeterValentine.jpg[/IMG] [U]-[B]Darryl Devine w/Seduction vs. Peter Valentine[/B]-[/U][/CENTER] I sort of expected a higher rating from these two, but then again, it's Peter Valentine. Darryl did a decent job of carrying the action and was on the offensive for most of the match. Near the end, Darryl accidentally bumped the ref while trying to hit Valentine with the Dream Drop, and in the swerviest of swerves, Seduction entered the ring and hit Devine with a chair while he wasn't looking. As Seduction woke up the referee, Valentine crawled over for the cheap victory. [B]Peter Valentine defeated Darryl Devine in 9:02 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. [/B] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Navy"]D[/COLOR] Post match, Valentine and Seduction assault Devine for a few minutes before announcing the two have formed an "unholy" alliance. Uh oh. [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Navy"]D-, D+ [/COLOR](Attack, Alliance Announcement) [CENTER][IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/FreddieDatsun.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/TRex.jpg[/IMG] [U]-[B][COLOR="Red"]#1 Contender's Match[/COLOR]: Freddie Datsun vs. T-Rex[/B]-[/U][/CENTER] I sort of prayed Datsun could carry T-Rex to a watchable match and he almost did. Both men traded heavy strikes for the first few minutes until Datsun went on the offensive. However, as he went for a Patriot Press, T-Rex was able to blast him with a pair of brass knuckles. Soon after, T-Rex was able to put Datsun's prone body in the Jurassic Clutch to get a cheap submission and the number one contendership for Bruce's title. Oh, I should mention how sad it was to see T-Rex completely out of gas as the bell rang. [B]T-Rex defeated Freddie Datsun in 6:46 by submission after blatantly cheating.[/B] [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Navy"]D+[/COLOR] A graphic comes up on the screen and the announcers put over the fact that we will see Bruce the Giant defend his title against T-Rex at Stars, Stripes, and Slams! if he can get back Corporal Doom tonight. [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Navy"]B[/COLOR] [CENTER] [IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/USPW_World.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/BrucetheGiant.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/Jedgrey/USPW/CorporalDoom.jpg[/IMG] [U]-[B][COLOR="Red"]USPW World Title Match[/COLOR]: Bruce the Giant (c) vs. Corporal Doom[/B]-[/U][/CENTER] I tried to keep this match short, as both of these guys aren't exactly known for lasting long in the ring. Of course, the match suffered because of the lack of selling, but the crowd ate up the action for as long as it lasted. Doom tried a few tricks to slow down the Giant, but Bruce looked strong ending the match with a choke slam. [B]Bruce The Giant defeated Corporal Doom in 5:42 by pinfall with a Giant Choke Slam.[/B] Bruce The Giant makes defence number 1 of his USPW World title. [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Navy"]C-[/COLOR] Having picked up the victory, Bruce The Giant celebrates in the ring. [B]Rating:[/B] [COLOR="Navy"]B+[/COLOR] [B]FINAL RATING[/B]: [COLOR="Navy"]D-[/COLOR] Well, the show simply sucked in front of the live crowd. Our popularity in the Tri State was certainly hurt slightly. There were too many interview segments, but until I can sign guys who can wrestle for more than six minutes, the fans are going to have to with more talking than wrestling. The internet reception was better than I expected, however I was dreading the television numbers that were going to be mailed to me tomorrow...

Archived