TCW's Product / Tradition Updated - Need your Insight!

So, whenever I play as TCW I always seem to lose interest pretty quickly. I'm not sure if it's because of their stale roster (outside of Tommy Cornell) or if it's not really understanding the product all together? So I was wondering. Traditional Updated... What do you suppose this means?! I'm guessing when it says Traditional that means it's more like the 80's & early 90's perception of wrestling where it was a bit more slow paced, seems to have bigger guys on the roster... Not really muscular, just "bigger". So kind of like a throwback thing?! But then there is a medium setting of realism... So that means that TCW portrays their product like it's a real sport?! With the real sport idea, does that mean that people with gimmicks won't really go over?! Or people who aren't that "great of wrestlers" in the ring will not cut it?! I'm talking like the Skull DeBones's, Runaway Train's, and Bruce the Giant's won't be able to succeed in the company?! Especially Skull since he is more of a "gimmick" than an actual wrestler. Then again, TCW does have Rocky Golden as their International Champion... and he's pretty much worthless other than his "star quality". I guess, I'm trying to see how you should run a TCW Show & how you should approach their product as it pertains to booking, signings & gimmicks. Thanks!!

Now what's interesting about TCW is that it seems that they are a federation in "mid-change" in that they still have a lot of left overs from the previous "sports entertainment" strategy (thus why Rocky Golden is International Champion). As I've played TCW pretty extensively I would say that their product is more of a match based product with relatively little mic time and an audience which tends to crap on a lot of angle segments (mic time can work if you have someone who is both over and charismatic, ala Tommy Cornell). You don't need both guys to be great but one of the two needs to be at B- in one of the three categories. As for TCW's roster: Besides Cornell I've generally success using Troy Tornado, Wolf Hawkins, Rick Law, and Liberty (Liberty is generally worthless but he's the best luggage in wrestling against Cornell, Hawkins, or Tornado as I generally hit B+-A in range with him against those 3).

I *think* realism doesn't mean that they present wrestling as a real sport, but rather realism based gimmicks go over well. ala ECW - at a time when WWF and WCW were full of cartoony gimmicks ecw had people being themselves and gimmicks that were more based in reality; ie compare Aldo Montoya, portugese manowar, to Raven, grunge rocker. Or The Shockmaster, waste of space, to The Sandman, someone who drinks, smokes and fights... This is just from what people have said on these boards rather than through testing though, so if this is balls, someone please correct it

Realism means that the matches are more reality based. You won't see a lot of high flying but instead a lot of ground grappling. Starts with basic moves (hip toss, body slam) and moves up from there. Ultra Realism is where they say it is a sport ala MMA.

[QUOTE=Jungle Jack;285983]Now what's interesting about TCW is that it seems that they are a federation in "mid-change" in that they still have a lot of left overs from the previous "sports entertainment" strategy (thus why Rocky Golden is International Champion). As I've played TCW pretty extensively I would say that their product is more of a match based product with relatively little mic time and an audience which tends to crap on a lot of angle segments (mic time can work if you have someone who is both over and charismatic, ala Tommy Cornell). You don't need both guys to be great but one of the two needs to be at B- in one of the three categories. As for TCW's roster: Besides Cornell I've generally success using Troy Tornado, Wolf Hawkins, Rick Law, and Liberty (Liberty is generally worthless but he's the best luggage in wrestling against Cornell, Hawkins, or Tornado as I generally hit B+-A in range with him against those 3).[/QUOTE] This is pretty spot-on. I only use storylines if I want to elevate somebody (new champ Wolf Hawkins and now Nick Champion have moved up thanks to programs with American Buffalo, of all people), and the angles I find I've had success with are Challenges and Hype angles. You want to hire guys who can work, first and foremost. Thomas Morgan was the first new wrestler I brought in, for instance - guys like him are good pickups.

Archived