picture impose

all you need is either photoshop or gimp, gimp is free but photoshop is $649 gimp can be found [URL="http://www.gimp.org/downloads/"]here[/URL] photoshop is [URL="http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshop/"]here[/URL] with just a little practice you can make good cuts :D

[QUOTE=fusionfreak;291520]How do I impose a picture of a worker over a background? Do I need a special program to do that? If so, what works that is free? Sorry if this is the wrong place, its been a while since I've been here. Thanks.[/QUOTE] Here is a nice [URL="http://www.bobinc.net/TEWPicCutting.html"]tutorial[/URL] on my website.

[QUOTE=bobinc;291573]Here is a nice [URL="http://www.bobinc.net/TEWPicCutting.html"]tutorial[/URL] on my website.[/QUOTE] I think your tutorial is a little overly complicated. For Step 3, when you use the Selection tool, go to the left window where it says "Free Select." Set it to Fixed Ratio, and make the X and Y values 0. That will force the selection to a perfect square, eliminating any user error. The Scale part in Step 9 can be simplified, as well. Keeping your selection, go to Image, and hit Crop. That cuts out everything but your current selection. (You can do this part even before erasing.) Then go to Image, then Resize, and you can bring it down to the size you want. As for steps 10 and 11, go to the window with the image. Hit File, then "Open as Layer." Select the background, and open it. Then, go to the Layer list, and move the background to below the wrestler image. At that point, the wrestler should be on top of the background, as desired. Then, you just go to Image, then Flatten Image, and save it as a jpg.

[QUOTE=Lucied;291598]I think your tutorial is a little overly complicated. For Step 3, when you use the Selection tool, go to the left window where it says "Free Select." Set it to Fixed Ratio, and make the X and Y values 0. That will force the selection to a perfect square, eliminating any user error. The Scale part in Step 9 can be simplified, as well. Keeping your selection, go to Image, and hit Crop. That cuts out everything but your current selection. (You can do this part even before erasing.) Then go to Image, then Resize, and you can bring it down to the size you want. As for steps 10 and 11, go to the window with the image. Hit File, then "Open as Layer." Select the background, and open it. Then, go to the Layer list, and move the background to below the wrestler image. At that point, the wrestler should be on top of the background, as desired. Then, you just go to Image, then Flatten Image, and save it as a jpg.[/QUOTE] The crop part for step 9 seems unnecessary and as for flattening the image you don't want to do that if you plan on amassing a huge psd archive file of your cuts. Also please take into account that the tutorial is aging as well and my skills and knowledge of the program have grown since then, but I still feel that for someone just starting it is a good tutorial without using too many advanced tools that can easily mess a cut up or confuse a new user. :D

[QUOTE=bobinc;291760]The crop part for step 9 seems unnecessary and as for flattening the image you don't want to do that if you plan on amassing a huge psd archive file of your cuts. Also please take into account that the tutorial is aging as well and my skills and knowledge of the program have grown since then, but I still feel that for someone just starting it is a good tutorial without using too many advanced tools that can easily mess a cut up or confuse a new user. :D[/QUOTE] Well, you save the image in psd (or The GIMP's own xcf format) before you Flatten. And no, cropping isn't necessary if you are simply going to copy your selection and paste it into a new image. I'm going by the philosophy that, copy/pasting into a new image is more work and more steps than doing it all in one window with one image open. I think that people could follow it a bit easier if you illustrate each step, which you do a good enough job with. I don't think my suggestions would confuse people, as long as they have an image reference to go by. But in the end, they're just suggestions, and it's your tutorial, so it's really up to you if you change anything or not. It gets the job done, but it's my opinion that it could be a little easier.

Archived