New Dynasty Report Ideas

So a lot of people have said that maybe I should try writing a dynasty report to make the gammer more enjoyable for me, and I've been giving it some though. I've been reading some of the better ones on here, and 2 thoughts come to mind: 1. I don't know if I can be nearly as creative as some of you writers, and 2. I haven't a clue what kind of report I would want to do, what mod, what fed, nothing. I need some help and ideas!

There's a severe lack of C-Verse diaries, if you like to play the base dataset. And, if you check out infinitywpi's CZCW diary, you can see you can get away with almost anything in a diary. Not that I'm the best to ask, just new here, but that's my two cents.

First of all, the aim shouldn't be to be the best. The aim should be to have fun with the game and tell the stories you want to. That's always been my philosophy, anyway. If you're having fun, it'll show in what you write and people will usually respond well to that. As to what kind of dynasty to do, again, what's fun for you? Is there a particular historical mod that you enjoy playing? Do you prefer the real world data over the Cornellverse? In some ways, it's good to see where there's an opening and try to fill that niche, but if you won't enjoy filling the niche, why bother? I mean, I notice that there isn't a Babes of Sin City dynasty on here but I know I wouldn't have as much fun writing one as I am with the MWA. Just my advice. Take it or leave it.

[QUOTE=sportsfanmas;296666]I have never played the default cornellverse dynasty, only because I would feel lost, not knowing anything about the wrestlers.[/QUOTE] I had to comment on this as well. Don't shy away from the C-Verse due to lack of knowledge. When I first started my SWF dynasty, I had just bought the game and knew absolutely nothing about the Cornellverse. I had no idea about the backstory or anything like that. I mean, if you read the first entry of that dynasty, you'd have no idea that Tommy Cornell was English because I didn't know it at the time either. If you want to do a C-Verse diary, start with an established fed. Poke through the wrestler's profiles, read the random profile stuff that flashes by on the loading screen. And be sure to visit the Cornellverse homepage and do some digging in there. [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/cornellverse/index.html"]linky linky[/URL]. That will help fill in a lot of the gaps.

Scapino, the one thing I noticed about the cornellverse dynasty is the big lack of storylines compared to some of the real world mods. What I'm really looking for is a mod that has many different storylines and angles. I think c-verse has something like 47 storylines? DOTT has many more storylines to choose from, but you can't import most of them into games because they are wrestler specified, like the Freebirds storylines. I would love any real world mod between 1989 and 1998 that has a good number of storylines and angles. I tried downloading the DocStevens 1993 mod but had no luck, it wouldn't work for some reason.

Actually, you can use the DOTT storylines in the C-Verse. The titles of the storylines may specify which workers to use, but that doesn't mean you can't plug someone else into them. I did that a few times with TEW2005: I'd use a storyline from DOTT and just toss in some C-Verse workers and it worked just fine. Besides, I've always been a big advocate of writing your own storylines. Sure, I use some of the pre-crafted ones that come with the game, but in my current dynasty, I'm only using one of those storylines. The rest were written by me. The reason I do that is because I want to keep things relatively unpredictable. If I use a pre-written storyline, a knowledgeable reader might say, "Oh, well, he's using such-and-such a storyline and I know how that goes." But if I'm using a storyline that I've written, hopefully no one will know what comes next (or, if they think they do, hopefully I can surprise them with a twist or turn here and there).

That makes sense, the only problem is, like writing a dynasty report, I'm not sure I'm creative enough to write my own storylines. I do agree with what you're saying though, avid readers will pick up on common storylines right away. So your suggestion is that maybe I give the cornellverse a shot, even if it isn't real world? The other idea I've had, if you say that all the DOTT storylines will work if I just change the names of the wrestlers involved, is to feed off my After the Fall idea of creating my own fed and stealing some of the top wrestlers from other feds. That's an idea I've been running by too.

As someone who has tried many different diaries in my time on the boards, I kinda feel like its my duty to speak on this... With writing a real-world dynasty, you would have to compete with the thousands of WWE/TNA/ROH diaries that appear for a few weeks then die. But with a C-Verse dynasty, you get a freedom to take the characters any direction you want (an example would be my regimmicking of Freddie Huggins to The Hugmeister, or Scapino's Serene Jean Cattley). If you tried changing a realworld workers gimmick your could suffer from unbelievability. Also there are C-Verse mods out now for each of the real world versions. DOTT has C-Verse '75, and the Monday Night Wars could be the '97 Mod And finally.. The board is filled with stacks of people that can give you any information you require for any wrestler you like the look of

Guest KingOfKings
Maybe a split diary with someone using a 2000 mod?... One of you take control of WWF and the other of WCW.. see who can come out on top?

ok guys, I've made my decision, and I will be starting this dynasty report very soon. As this is my first attempt at a TEW report, I am going to require a lot of feedback and interaction to keep this going. I can't guarantee how much time I'll have to work on it, but I'll try to do a little each day. New thread starting soon. p.s. I have no idea how good this will be, I just don't see myself as the creative type, but we'll give it a try.

Archived