A Tough Task for a New Owner

The National Wrestling Alliance has a very prestigious history, but ran into some very hard times in 2004. Many thought the NWA would eventually get to the same level as the American Wrestling Federation and Fusion Pro Wrestling, until that fateful day... We all knew that drugs had become a big problem in professional wrestling, but what we didn't know is that one of NWA's owners, Dusty Rhodes, was running a drug corporation inside the NWA headquarters! The building was seized in late November, and both Rhodes and Ric Flair were taken to jail on drug charges. NWA lost their prestige, their fans, their tv shows, everything except the roster. Eventually, Flair was cleared of any wrong doing, but the whole ordeal took it out of Flair, who was ready to give the company up. Only one man wanted anything to do with owning the company that was part of the biggest drug scandal ever

The door opened, and Ric Flair looked up: RF: Sit down Mr. Schaplowsky, lets talk. I don't have to tell you what has gone on with this company over the last 2 months. As much as I would love to take over where we left off, I just can't do it. Mike Schaplowsky: I understand completely sir. I've always wanted to be a part of the pro wrestling industry, and the chance to take over the most prestigious company of all time is too good to pass up. RF: *shaking his head* You do realize what all it is going to take don't you? We used to have a 70+ popularity in every part of the United States. Now our highest popularity is 36 here in the Mid-Atlantic, but that's only because this is where the NWA was built. I understand we have a popularity of 20 in the New England area, and everything else is 5 or lower. We have no tv shows, we have been demoted to regional status, which means we've lost our pay per view privliges, and it may take a lot of work just to get back on tv! Now fortunately, since most all of the staff was under written contract, we have been able to keep them from going elsewhere. But by god understand this, we are going to have to get rid of a lot of people because of our money situation. If you want this job, you are going to have to find the right people to get rid of. Are you SURE this is what you want to do? MS: Absoultely Mr. Flair, I couldn't think of anything better. RF: Woooo! Then you are now the owner of the NWA, good luck my friend, you'll need it. Now, it's time for me to go take a ride on space mountain! Wooo!! Flair and Schaplowsky shake hands, and there you have it. I, Mike Schaplowsky, am now the proud owner of the NWA

As I step into my office, I have a bunch of emails, mostly from the staff that wants to know what is going to happen, but also a welcome email from Jim Crockett, who was a big, big part of the NWA in the 80's. The next thing I did is look over the roster. I found the numbers for an ideal roster size for a regional fed, and found out that I'm going to have to let go of 11 wrestlers total. Ouch! I noticed Dusty Rhodes was still under contract as well, I'll have to send him a termination notice in the Atlanta jail. My first official act as owner of the NWA is to vacate all the titles, I haven't decided what I'm going to do with them yet. With only $1,000,000 available to me, I need to pick my firings carefully. I knew right away that I needed to get the NWA back on tv, so I sent out negotiation requests to 4 stations: ABC, ABC Family, ESPN, and FX. Hopefully one of those stations will give us a show.

[B][SIZE="6"]National Wrestling Alliance[/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="5"]Roster[/SIZE] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Face[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Heel[/COLOR] Main Eventers [COLOR="Red"]Raven[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Randy Orton[/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Rob Van Dam[/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Triple H[/COLOR] Upper Midcarders [COLOR="Red"]Chris Kanyon[/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Chris Harris[/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Shane Helms[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]The Truth[/COLOR] Midcarders [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Nick Dinsmore[/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]AJ Styles[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Matt Bernard[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]James Storm[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Brian Lawler[/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Jamie Noble[/COLOR] Lower Midcarders [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Monty Brown[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Kid Kash[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Matt Morgan[/COLOR] Opener [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Jay Lethal[/COLOR] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Charlie Haas[/COLOR] Enhancement Talent [COLOR="Red"]Roderick Strong[/COLOR] Manager [COLOR="Red"]Jim Cornette[/COLOR] Announcer Jim Ross Colour Commentator Paul Heyman Referee Charles Robinson Road Agents Arn Anderson Tully Blanchard Mike Schaplowsky Booking Team: Jim Cornette, Jim Ross, Paul Heyman

[B][U][SIZE="5"]Breaking News[/SIZE][/U][/B] After weeks of negotiation, Mike Schaplowsky has put the NWA back on televsion. The NWA Power Hour will debut on ESPN when the new tv schedules come out in March. The show will be 1 hour long, with 20 minutes of dark time if Schaplowsky wants to use it. It will start at 11:00 in the evening, which might harm ratings some. "At this point, we just need to be back on tv, the ratings will come when our stars start performing again." Schaplowsky is already working on an impressive lineup for the show, with these matches already set: Monty Brown vs. The Truth Chris Harris vs. James Storm in a Falls Count Anywhere Match Jay Lethal and Charlie Haas vs. Brian Lawler and Kid Kash More matches may be announced. Will Mike Schaplowsky have any big announcements during the show, perhaps about the titles? Tune in and find out

Not to be mean or rude, but write the diary for yourself. If it's good people will show up and read. It's not always about how many comments you get. I like it so far, I will give it read. Just do what you want. (If you write it, people will read it) Sorry couldn't hold back on the Field of Dreams line. :D

well guys, as much as I hate to do this, I think I'm gonna have to give up on this dynasty report and this game for right now. There are a number of reasons, the biggest being I just can't quite get into the game as much as I'd like. I'm starting my new job Friday, and WorldWide Soccer Manager 2008 comes out in 2 weeks. That is a game I'm really into. So for now, I'm gonna put this game on hold. Thanks for those who did comment, sorry for wasting your time

*knock on door* Mike Schaplowsky: Yes, come in. Raven: Hey boss, can I talk to you a minute? MS: Sure Raven, what's on your mind? Raven: Well boss, as you know, Extreme Championship Wrestling just reopened their doors, and well, you know I helped build that company in the Mid 90's. MS: Raven, it sounds like you're telling me that you've signed with ECW. Raven: Well yes and no, you see, I haven't officially signed with ECW... because I own the company now. MS: *jaw dropping wide open* Are you telling me that you have taken over as owner of ECW?? Raven: That's exactly what I'm telling you boss. Don't worry, I'm still with the NWA, I'm going to try and do business with both companies. I love it here boss, but you have to understand, ECW is where I made my mark. MS: Well Raven, I don't know if I can keep you now, I mean you own another company! How does that look if I have a guy wrestling that owns another company? Raven: I know boss, just give it a chance. MS: *sighing* Alright Raven, you've always been a good performer, and you do draw a crowd, so I'll give it a few shows and see how it works. Good luck with ECW. Raven: Thanks boss, I'll do you proud. *and with that, Raven walks out the door, with Mike Schaplowsky shaking his head* MS: Damn you Raven, I had big plans for you too.

NWA Power Hour from Very Small Mid-Atlantic Venue *fireworks explode as owner Mike Schaplowsky comes out to the roar of the crowd* MS: Welcome to the new and improved NWA!! *Crowd roars again* Now, I have a few announcements to make, first of all, it feels good to be here. Now with that being said, there have been a few changes, I have vacated all the title, and have gotten rid of the X-Division title. *crowd boos loudly* Now we have 8 top contenders for the NWA North American Title, and 4 top contenders for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. What I've done is taken the liberty of gettin us a non-televised show every Tuesday night, which will be at various arenas. Starting next Tuesday night, we will begin our 2 tournaments, an 8 man tournament for the North American Title, and a 4 man tournament for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. *no pop from the crowd* We will have matches for each tournament beginning next tuesday night, we will have a match on each show, leading up to our big event, The Crockett Cup. The finals of each tournament will be at the Crockett Cup. Also, since as you all know the Crockett cup focuses on our Tag Team division.. the winners of this years Crockett cup will be awarded not only those titles, but also the NWA World Tag Team Titles. Now let's get ready for a great show tonight! Rating: D+ (I forgot how low my ratings were, so I shouldn't have done this segment, I've changed my skills to reflect more like an authority figure would look like, i hope) Segment 2: Monty Brown vs. the Truth This was a great match in which Monty Brown was allowed to show his skills, unfortunately it wasn't enough as the Truth prevailed. Rating: B 3. Kid Kash and Matt Morgan defeated Jay Lethal and Charlie Haas. Rating: C 4. *Triple H and Randy Orton run into each other backstage, getting into a big argument about the NWA World Heavyweight Title, both claiming they were in line to win the title.* This segment really got the crowd fired up Rating: A 5. James Storm defeated Chris Harris in a falls count anywhere match Rating: B The Final rating for the show was a very respectable B-, which helped the NWA's popularity. Unfortunately, the one downfall is that the fans don't think there are enough storylines going on, so it's time to include some more storylines in the shows. Also, the ESPN ratings were dismal, drawing a 0.03!! ESPN is already upset with me, and we may be looking for a new TV deal very soon.

Alright guys, I put some effort into this dynasty and I wasn't comfortable with it, so I'm going to scrap it and start a new one. A couple questions for you guys, when doing a dynasty, is it better to start with a more established national fed with good income, or maybe a smaller fed with less money where the job is tougher?

Archived