The evolution of Kansas Championship Wrestling

January 2007 I was sitting at home watching my old Halloween Havoc 1996 DVD when my phone rang. "Gosh dangit, who could be calling me right now? This is my favortie part of the whole DVD.. Hello?" To my surprise it was my buddy Nick. "What's up dude?" "Nothing much, hey you remember a while back when we were talkin about starting our own wrestling company?" At this point I shut off the tv. "Yeah, what about it?" "well do you still want to?" Now when I heard this, there was no way that phone was staying in my hands. I saw that sucker hit the floor right away, and quickly picked it up. "Dude, what the heck are you talking about?" Nick laughed. "Well, remember that settlement that I was supposed to get from my old job? It came in." I laughed. "So what'd you get, a couple thousand?" I went to take a drink of my coke at this point. "Hmm, dude try a couple million." My coke didn't stay in my mouth very long when I heard this. "Say WHAT???!?! A couple million?" More laughter from the other end. "Well ok, not that much, but I did get 750,000." And with that comment, Kansas Championship Wrestling was born. I decided to give a dynasty report another shot, creating my own dynasty, and I've decided to give a different twist and use the Cornellverse, simply because it will be a change from the real world mods.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="6"]Kansas Championship Wrestling Opens Doors[/SIZE][/FONT] Nick Lagathels and Mike Schaplowsky have opened up Kansas Championship Wrestling. With both of them familiar with the Juggalo Wrestling style, you can expect to see a lot of harcore, risk, cult type wrestling in this fed, along with some good technical wrestling and maybe a little comedy. Schaplowsky will handle most of the duties, and Lagathels and Schaplowsky will combine to handle the booking chores. The company is able to start with a nice $500,000 sum, but are a locally known fed, with a popularity of 40.0% in the Midwest, 5.1% in the Mid South, and nothing anywhere else. Lagathels was planning on devoting all $750,000 of his settlement earnings into the company, but figured he would hold some back, knowing at this point the company will not be able to attract any big name wrestlers, and should get by with some cheap wages. "I'm really looking forward to the challenge, wrestling has always been in my blood, and I think this company can really take off," said Schaplowsky.

So here I am, sitting in my office, looking over things. I've found that an ideal roster of a local sized fed is about 20 wrestlers. that doesn't include staff. I will be the main announcer for our shows, but I will still need at least one referee, and at least one road agent. Maybe a manager or 2. So I guess what I need to do is look over some available wrestlers and start giving them a call. Knowing we're going for a medium hardcore, I better look to get some psychopaths. There were only 4 psychopaths that I found, and I've requested negotiations from all of them. Knowing that 2 were already wrestling somewhere else, I decided to lower that hardcore part of the fed to low, making our primary feature cult.

Monday, Week 2, January 2007 [SIZE="5"][I]KCW signs first 3 wrestlers[/I][/SIZE] Kansas Championship Wrestling has locked onto 3 performers that will highlight the hardcore division. Trauma, Murderous Mikey, and Larry Wood have all signed Pay-Per-Apperance deals with KCW. Trauma and Murderous Mikey signed for $150 an appearence, and Schaplowsky spalshed the cash on Larry Wood, who will get $1,250 an apperance. As I look at the available people, struggling to put together a roster, I have decided to try and negotiate working agreements with DAVE and MAW, trying to secure some more talent.

Archived