ROH - Actions speak louder than words

[CENTER][SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/PeterHumphrey/forumlogo.gif[/IMG] [B]::Synopsis::[/B] There are many words that can be used to describe Ring of Honor: [I]Explosive, exciting, competitive, high flying, innovative, action packed and adrenaline fuelled[/I]. Despite being born around the same time as its counterpart Total Nonstop Action, TNA has enjoyed success compared to the relative mainstream obscurity Rig of Honor has had to endure. Apart from overseas DVD sales, online reports and the odd mention on Television channels, Ring of Honor has never enjoyed even the remote adulation of its rival. Its capital has been solely from DVD sales, and other merchandise. Even so, ROH has something going for it. It can claim today to be the only “Big 3” promotion that holds strictly to one art of the Wrestling industry: Pure Wrestling. ROH has modelled its product on delivering some of the most exciting, innovative wrestling battles ever seen. This, in addition to a hardcore fan base grown out of Philadelphia and stretching to the seas of the UK and Japan, Ring of Honor has continued to grow more prominently, particularly in the last year. Various outlets have picked up on its success and that led to them getting a PPV deal, a deal that would see ROH air a PPV every 2 months, through a couple of major PPV Providers in the United States. Things had never looked brighter. The term of [I]“It’s a marathon, not a sprint”[/I] holds true. As Total Nonstop Action comes under scrutiny, and the Industry is in a crisis, Ring of Honor has held true to its beliefs and many more fans are today picking up on its development, helping the promotion garner new fans, even through the unfortunate events of the last few months. The fact remains: Ring of Honor’s development was at full steam ahead and was into 5th gear. Before the PPV deal would begin though, an announcement followed. Gabe Sapolsky, known as the Head Booker of Ring of Honor revealed that in addition to the PPV deal, a contract had been tentatively arranged with the TNT Network. This contract would mean that a 1 Hour broadcast of a Ring of Honor show would be shown on the Network, every Tuesday night. The fans could not believe its luck. Within just one week, ROH had gone from a reliable, consistent Indy promotion into a skyrocketing mainstream promotion, heading for the very top of the world. Things couldn’t get any better, at least until it was revealed TNA had chosen an option in its deal with ROH to take back Austin Aries and Homicide, preventing them from competing ever again in Ring of Honor, until such time an extraordinary circumstance arrives or their contracts with Total Nonstop Action expires. This was obviously a blow, more so the loss of Aries as he was himself involved in a [I]“Faction Warfare” [/I]storyline that was based around the rivalry between himself and Roderick Strong. Despite the setback, Sapolsky declared that ROH would not be defeated or denied and would push on, despite the problems they had to endure because of their newly found exposure. With its relationship with Japanese promotion Pro Wrestling NOAH at an all time high and young superstars developing at a faster rate than ever, things were looking brighter than ever for the 6 year old Promotion. But now, the question clearly was: Could they sustain it? Consistency was one thing but sustainability was another thing all together. If there was one thing they could do, and in spades, it was be consistent while putting on a show for the ages. It was time to ROH to quite literally [I]“Man Up”[/I]. ROH had to prove themselves, not to their fans, not to themselves, but to the new fan base that would be watching with eagle-like eyes and anticipation in their hearts, both on the TNT Network and when the company made its TV debut. The time is near, yet so far. The new Era of Honor is set to begin. ROH – Ring of Honor [I]Professional Wrestling’s Finest![/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/PeterHumphrey/staffua5.jpg[/IMG] [B]President/Owner:[/B] Gary Silken [B]Head Booker:[/B] Gabe Sapolsky [B]Announce Team:[/B] Dave Prazak & Larry Leonard [B]Ring Announcer:[/B] Bobby Cruise [B]Backstage Interviewer:[/B] Gary Michael Cappetta [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/PeterHumphrey/championsbl0.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/PeterHumphrey/thTakeshiMorishima.jpg[/IMG] [I]“Japanese Pimp”[/I] Takeshi Morishima [B]How Was Won:[/B] On his second night in the United States, and in Ring of Honor, Morishima defeated Homicide with a series of Backdrop Drivers, pummelling Homicide into paralysis mode. Despite Homicide only being Champion a matter of months, nothing could stop the Monster from wrecking havoc. One of the most brutal, hard hitting fighters in Ring of Honor was reduced to looking like a student of the Sport. People truly knew this was the beginning of a dominant and successful era, under the full force and brutality of the [I]“Japanese Pimp”[/I]. [B]Event:[/B] Fifth Year Festival:- Philadelphia [B]Reign:[/B] February 17th, 2007 – Current [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/PeterHumphrey/thMarkBriscoe2.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/PeterHumphrey/thJayBriscoe.jpg[/IMG] Mark & Jay Briscoe - The Briscoe Brothers [B]How Was Won:[/B] After losing the Titles just a few weeks earlier, The Brothers defeated the two Japanese Superstars, despite being a man short. Mark suffered a concussion, leaving Jay to finish the match alone. It did not hinder his progress though and he alone brought home the big win for his concussed Brother. The Briscoe Brothers once again cemented their place as one of the best Tag Teams in Pro-Wrestling. [B]Event:[/B] All-Start Extravaganza III [B]Reign:[/B] March 30th – Current [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/PeterHumphrey/rosterac1.jpg[/IMG] Adam Pearce BJ Whitmer Brent Albright Bryan Danielson - [I]Injured[/I] Chris Hero Claudio Castagnoli Davey Richards Delirious El Generico Erick Stevens Jack Evans Jay Briscoe Kevin Steen Matt Sydal Mark Briscoe Matt Cross Mike Quackenbush Nigel McGuinness Rocky Romero Roderick Strong Shane Hagadorn Takeshi Morishima [I]Occasional Talent[/I] CIMA Doug Williams KENTA Naomichi Marufuji Necro Butcher PAC [I]Tag Teams & Factions[/I] El Generico & Kevin Steen The Briscoe Brothers – Mark & Jay Briscoe The Resilience – Erick Stevens & Matt Cross No Remorse Corps – Roderick Strong, Rocky Romero & Davey Richards [IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/PeterHumphrey/showhistoryzz3.jpg[/IMG] [I]To be updated soon...[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][IMG]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x40/badlefthook/untitled.jpg[/IMG] [B]ROH/NOAH partnership extended, ROH set to tour Japan![/B] [I]-Reported by Dave Meltzer – Wrestling Observer-[/I] The working relationship between Ring of Honor and Pro Wrestling NOAH has been extended to the end of 2008. Throughout the years, both companies have provided eachother with some of the best Wrestlers in the world, in turn providing you with some of the best ever contests seen in Japan. The new extension means some of your favourites like ROH Champion Takeshi Morishima, KENTA and Naomichi Marufuji will all be invited back to Ring of Honor at any time in the next 18 months. Having rated many a match between Wrestlers from the two promotions, this could benefit Ring of Honor immensely. With the withdrawal of help from Total Nonstop Action, this partnership will be imperative to Ring of Honor, certainly in the years to come. In addition, I can reveal that Ring of Honor has also come to terms to embark on a 2 weeklong tour of Japan later this year. The tour will start with a show in the world renowned Budokan Hall. This will be followed by a series of promotional events before the next week; Ring of Honor makes a visit to the Prefectural Gymnasium in Osaka, Japan. The next week, Ring of Honor will swing right back to where it started, the Budokan Hall in Tokyo, Japan when Ring of Honor will present its 3 hour PPV spectacular! This tour is already causing waves around the world. Many see this as Ring of Honor’s main chance to make an impact in Japan, just like they have in the UK. There is a feeling if ROH can crack the Japanese market, the company will then be on the fast track towards superstardom. Dates for the Tour will be revealed in coming weeks with Tickets due to go on sale at the end of July/early August. Stay tuned to Wrestling Observer. We will report back with all new announcements concerning this huge tour.[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"]Ring of Honor is set to invade the Manhattan Centre this coming Tuesday night as the rebirth of Ring of Honor takes place! Just a few weeks after gaining a Television and TV deal, the televised debut of Ring of Honor will take place, live and exclusive on the TNT Network. To signify this new start, the official title for the TV debut will be [I]“Rebirth of Honor”[/I]. With 2 months to go until the debut on Pay Per View, Gabe Sapolsky has declared that roster sports are up for grabs and ever ROH Wrestler will need to earn their stripes over the coming weeks. The Card has been finalised for [I]“Rebirth of Honor”[/I], this coming Tuesday night! Below is the finalised card; [B]FIP World Championship[/B] [I]Teacher vs. Student[/I] Roderick Strong © vs. Erick Stevens Mike Quackenbush vs. Brent Albright [B]ROH World Championship[/B] Takeshi Morishima © vs. KENTA As you can see, KENTA will make his return to Ring of Honor as he takes to the ring against long-time rival in Pro Wrestling NOAH, Morishima. It is not just Pride at stake this Tuesday night, but also the ROH World Title. Morishima has only been Champion a matter of months but might just face his toughest opponent this Tuesday night in Manhattan. Morishima has vowed to continue to dominate the competition but as he knows only too well, KENTA is a whole different kettle of fish. Also scheduled is the debut in Ring of Honor of accomplished Indy superstar Mike Quackenbush. [I]“Quack”[/I] as known by his supporters is tied down to an exclusive ROH contract. Quackenbush couldn’t get a tougher debut that Brent Albright, a man intent to prove his worth and shoot his way through the competition. This is no doubt a battle of future stars in ROH and whoever wins will be one rung up on the ladder towards a shot at Takeshi Morishima, and the ROH World Championship. The most interesting match of the night though is no doubt the FIP Title match between Roderick Strong, taking on his former Pupil, now enemy in Resilience member Erick Stevens. After losing Austin Aries, The Resilience has never looked weaker. It is being said that the loss has had a special effect on Erick Stevens, the man Aries tipped for super stardom. Stevens will need to knock the cobwebs of thought out of his head though, if he doesn’t, we could be seeing the end of The Resilience as Roderick Strong and the rest of the No Remorse Corps get ready to bring an end to [I]“Faction Warfare”[/I], once and for all! The debut is just a matter of days away. Tickets are still available at a cut price of $10. If you cant get down to the Manhattan Centre, tune in at 9PM central this Tuesday night as [I]“Rebirth of Honor” [/I]screens live, around the nation on the TNT Network![/FONT][/SIZE] [B][SIZE="4"][FONT="Georgia"]ROH:- Rebirth of Honor![/FONT][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"]Coming Soon![/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]

[CENTER][SIZE="2"][FONT="Georgia"][B]Thoughts from "The Writer"[/B] [B]OOC: [/B]Hey guys, my name is Peter, otherwise known as Empers. This is my first Dynasty here and I really do hope you enjoy. Mostly, I have only ever written on a Notebook beside my bed. I have looked her for a few months and have now decided to try my hand. I have been following ROH since the middle-end of last year and have [I]loved[/I] what I have seen so far. I, like many grew up watching the WWE but really, the start of 2006, I came to terms with the fact that the WWE was just not cutting the mustard, at least for my tastes. I have always loved[I] pure[/I] Professional Wrestling and this is my chance to prove it. This thread though will be a bit different. Although I was thinking of writing out shows in full, I won't be doing that. More crucial shows might be written in full, like PPV events but weekly shows will be written in a recapped format. I might sway from that, depending on the situation I am in and what the show could provide if written in more detail. The debut show won't be up for a week or so though. I hope you all enjoy. That is the Synopsis and backstory done. If you so wish, Predictions, advice and general comments are now welcomely recieved. :)[/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

I will read this one for sure with one request... Recently I have commited myself to buying every ROH show (since they have the best product of all wrestling in the world) and not reading any spoilers. THe one thing I ask is that you don't give any remarks on what has happened in real life in ROH. Thanks a bunch. PS: If you like ROH check out IWA: MS and CZW as they are the most simalar American promotions.

Don't worry. This starts from May so nothing from that point onwards will be said about obviously, only some past stuff from last year and such. Thanks for the reply thought. It is always good to know I have a fan. Feel free to make a prediction for the show. You may earn yourself a special prize. ;)

FIP World Championship Teacher vs. Student [B]Roderick Strong[/B] © vs. Erick Stevens-[I]I predict Erick Stevens to one day be a ROH champ, esspetially if TNA keeps being a douchbag and taking talent. Strong though needs to get some momentum for the stable wars.[/I] [B]Mike Quackenbush[/B] vs. Brent Albright-[I]Quack=Amazing. If I was you I would have Briscoes drop to a heel team and then Quack and Jigsaw pick up the belts. Any of the Chikara guys are great workers.[/I] ROH World Championship [B]Takeshi Morishima[/B] © vs. KENTA[I]As far as I know Kenta is costing you butt loads. To much for ROH to have on everyshow. This one could be a classic though, like when Big Mo faced Shingo only better.[/I]

FIP World Championship Teacher vs. Student [B]Roderick Strong[/B] © vs. Erick Stevens Strong really can't lose the titlealready... and I don't think Stevens is the one who should take it either Mike Quackenbush vs. [B]Brent Albright[/B] I don't know why I pick Albright, maybe I just like him more :D ROH World Championship [B]Takeshi Morishima[/B] © vs. KENTA Just like MaxxHexx said, too expensive... the match is going to be a classic... but KENTA is just not gonna win this one.

Archived