WWE: October And Beyond...

Never done a dynasty before, but I wanted to add an extra dimension to my enjoyment of the game rather than just ‘do a show, see the rating, sign some guys, do another show etc’. So I’ve decided to have a crack at this. The game starts in October 2007, using the T-Zone data. I’ve made some adjustments to it, for example the title holders are updated after No Mercy, and some slight amendments to popularity have been made. Edge, HBK and Cena’s injuries are there, but nothing too drastic really. The rosters are all the same as in real life. [B][U]Champions:[/U][/B] WWE Champion: Randy Orton WWE Intercontinental Champion: Jeff Hardy WWE World Tag Team Champions: Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch WWE Women’s Champion: Beth Phoenix WWE World Heavyweight Champion: Batista WWE United States Champion: MVP WWE Tag Team Champions: MVP and Matt Hardy WWE Cruiserweight Champion: Vacant ECW Champion: CM Punk [B][U]PPVs:[/U][/B] I’ve got rid of New Year’s Revolution and One Night Stand, so there’s been a few changes to the PPV dates. Here they are, leading up to WrestleMania: Cyber Sunday (October, Week 4, Sunday) Survivor Series (November, Week 4, Sunday) Armageddon (December, Week 3, Sunday) Royal Rumble (January, Week 4, Sunday) No Way Out (February, Week 3, Sunday) WrestleMania (March, Week 4, Sunday) [center]======================= [COLOR="Red"][B][U]RAW – No Mercy Fallout[/U][/B][/CENTER] No Mercy is in the books, and after winning a gruelling Last Man Standing match against Triple H, Randy Orton became the new WWE Champion for the second time in one night. This week on Raw, Orton will undergo his first examination since winning the belt, as he takes on Val Venis in non-title action. Speaking of Orton, there is no shortage of challengers to his WWE Title. Triple H believes he should have an automatic rematch; Bobby Lashley is returning from injury and looking to pick up where he left off; King Booker cites his credentials as a former World Champion as reason enough for him to have a shot; and Mr. Kennedy says his recent run of form should put him in the title picture. Raw GM William Regal has solved this conundrum by booking a tag team match for this week’s main event – The Game and Lashley against Booker and Kennedy – with the winners going into a triple threat against Orton at Cyber Sunday! Also this week, Jeff Hardy defends his Intercontinental Title against Carlito, and the new Women’s Champion, Beth Phoenix, is in action. [b]Match List[/b] Triple H & Lashley vs. Ken Kennedy & King Booker – Winners Become #1 Contenders for the WWE Championship Randy Orton vs. Val Venis – Non Title Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Carlito – WWE Intercontinental Championship Lance Cade vs. Brian Kendrick Beth Phoenix & Melina vs. Mickie James & Candice Michelle[/COLOR] [center]_______________________________________________ [COLOR="Purple"][U][B]ECW – Shaman of Sexy Returns[/B][/U][/CENTER] ECW on Sci-Fi goes upmarket this week, as the Guru of Greatness, John Morrison, returns from his brief hiatus. Morrison hasn’t been seen since he lost the ECW Championship to CM Punk a few weeks ago. Will he have an explanation for his recent absence? What’s next for Morrison? Punk himself will be in action this week, as he takes on Big Daddy V in a No Mercy rematch. Will Matt Striker get involved again? Can Punk survive against the monster? [b]Match List[/b] CM Punk (c) vs. Big Daddy V w/Matt Striker – ECW Championship Tommy Dreamer vs. Elijah Burke[/COLOR] [center]_______________________________________________ [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][U][B]Smackdown – Eight Man Tournament Begins[/B][/U] [/CENTER] Batista survived the Punjabi Prison and The Great Khali at No Mercy, and this week on Smackdown, we’ll begin to know who the next man to challenge the Animal will be. Theodore Long has announced a tournament will take place over the next three weeks to determine who will face Batista at Cyber Sunday. All of these eight superstars are hungry for gold – will the Great Khali be able to earn an instant rematch? Will Ric Flair get a shot at becoming a 17 time World Champion? Or will a superstar who has never won the World Title earn a shot? [b]Match List[/b] Kane vs. MVP - #1 Contender Tournament Quarter Final Ric Flair vs. Chris Masters - #1 Contender Tournament Quarter Final The Great Khali vs. Eugene - #1 Contender Tournament Quarter Final Matt Hardy vs. Finlay - #1 Contender Tournament Quarter Final[/COLOR]

I like so far. some pred. for ya Raw [U]Triple H & Lashley[/U] vs. Ken Kennedy & King Booker – Winners Become #1 Contenders for the WWE Championship [U]Randy Orton[/U] vs. Val Venis – Non Title [U]Jeff Hardy[/U] (c) vs. Carlito – WWE Intercontinental Championship Lance Cade vs. [U]Brian Kendrick[/U] [U]Beth Phoenix & Melina[/U] vs. Mickie James & Candice Michelle ECW [U]CM Punk (c)[/U] vs. Big Daddy V w/Matt Striker – ECW Championship Tommy Dreamer vs. [U]Elijah Burke[/U] Smack Down! Kane vs. [U]MVP[/U] - #1 Contender Tournament Quarter Final [U]Ric Flair[/U] vs. Chris Masters - #1 Contender Tournament Quarter Final [U]The Great Khali[/U] vs. Eugene - #1 Contender Tournament Quarter Final [U]Matt Hardy[/U] vs. Finlay - #1 Contender Tournament Quarter Final

[B]Triple H & Lashley[/B] vs. Ken Kennedy & King Booker – Winners Become #1 Contenders for the WWE Championship [B]Randy Orton[/B] vs. Val Venis – Non Title [B]Jeff Hardy (c)[/B] vs. Carlito – WWE Intercontinental Championship Lance Cade vs. [B]Brian Kendrick[/B] Beth Phoenix & Melina vs. [B]Mickie James & Candice Michelle[/B] Match List ECW [B]CM Punk (c)[/B] vs. Big Daddy V w/Matt Striker – ECW Championship Tommy Dreamer vs. [B]Elijah Burke[/B] Match List [B]Kane [/B]vs. MVP - #1 Contender Tournament Quarter Final [B]Ric Flair[/B] vs. Chris Masters - #1 Contender Tournament Quarter Final [B]The Great Khali [/B]vs. Eugene - #1 Contender Tournament Quarter Final Matt Hardy vs. [B]Finlay[/B] - #1 Contender Tournament Quarter Final

[COLOR="Red"][B][CENTER]WWE Raw (October, Week 1)[/B] LIVE! from Louisville Gardens (Great Lakes) [I]Attendance: 10,000[/CENTER][/I] [B]DARK MATCH[/B] Cody Rhodes def. Charlie Haas via pinfall in 7:49 [b]RATING: C+[/b] [CENTER]===================[/CENTER] The show begins with the usual WWE signature intro, but there's no opening credits or pyro this week... [b]JR:[/b] Welcome everyone to Monday Night Raw, I'm Jim Ross, he's Jerry 'The King' Lawler, and there's no time for any more pleasantries past that, because our Chairman is already in the ring, apparently ready with an important announcement concerning our fans! [b]King:[/b] I wonder what Mr. McMahon has got up his sleeve! [b]Vince:[/b] You know, it's not often I'm wrong. I told you history would be made at No Mercy, and by God, was I ever right. Not just one title change, not only two in fact, but the WWE Championship changed hands three times last night. And at the end of the night, the title belongs in the right hands. Randy Orton showed his guts and why he is a worthy champion by beating Triple H in a Last Man Standing match...but more on Orton in a moment. First, I have a huge announcement to make regarding Cyber Sunday, the most interactive pay-per-view in WWE history. This is the event where you, the fans, make the matches, decide the stipulations and virtually everything else. This is the event where you are in control... ...well, at least it was until this year, anyway. Because you see, you fans, you can't be trusted. We have people like General Managers, and people like myself, to ensure that some sort of authority is in place. I've even got evidence to back up my point. A recent fan poll on WWE.com asked who you thought you should be the next WWE Champion. A staggering 47% of you voted for Val Venis! The last time this guy did something meaningful was about six years ago! [b]King:[/b] That is true JR, since the Right to Censor disbanded, Val's been stuck in jobber hell. [b]Vince:[/b] Now, in a short while, Val will get the chance to prove himself against our new WWE Champion, but I'm sorry - this is what happens when you leave the people in control. So for this year, even though Cyber Sunday will still be a great event - the MOST interactive pay-per-view becomes the LEAST interactive pay-per-view in WWE history! Now, as I said at the beginning, we have a new WWE Champion. May I now introduce to you, the man who defeated Triple H in a Last Man Standing match last night at No Mercy...RANDY, ORTON! [b]RATING: C[/b] Orton comes out with a brand new belt (not a spinning belt, not a belt that doesn't spin but still looks equally shoddy...think the WWF Title from 2000/2001) to boos from the crowd. Vince hands him a microphone as the new champ starts to address the crowd. [b]Orton:[/b] I'm gonna keep this reasonably short and oh so very sweet, cuz I know Val is warming up in the back and itching to go. But let me remind you people of something - from now on, when you look at Randy Orton, you're looking at a two time WWE Champion. My quest has taken me several months, and sure, you might say it was lucky that John Cena went down with an injury, albeit an injury caused by me...but I beat Triple H in a Last Man Standing match. To my knowledge, that's the first time that's ever happened. Chris Jericho couldn't do it, Shawn Michaels couldn't do it...but Randy Orton could. I've killed the legend of Triple H in Last Man Standing matches! [b]JR:[/b] That's complicated and confusing logic if ever I heard it, King. [b]King:[/b] Let's be honest JR, maybe you're not the best person to be commenting on confusing things. You can't tell the difference between the Twist of Fate and the Whisper in the Wind. [b]Orton:[/b] And Hunter, I know you're not here yet, but if you do win that match tonight, then at Cyber Sunday, I'll be pleased to beat you again. Now bring out Val and let's get this show on the road! [b]RATING: B[/b] [CENTER][b][u]OPENING MATCH: Randy Orton vs. Val Venis[/b][/u] Orton dominates the match, showing his superiority over Venis. He takes his time going for the win though and nearly gets caught with a couple of sneaky roll-ups from Val, before an RKO keeps Val down for the three count. [I]Randy Orton def. Val Venis via pinfall in 8:54[/I] [B]RATING: C+[/B][/CENTER] Straight after the match, the camera cuts backstage, where a none too happy Triple H is arriving... [b]RATING: B[/b] [center][b][u]Brian Kendrick vs. Lance Cade[/b][/u] Kendrick and Cade engage in a fairly even contest, with the former looking to use his speed and agility to gain the advantage over one half of the Tag Team Champs. Near the end, Trevor Murdoch makes his way down and steps up onto the ring apron, but Kendrick grabs Cade for the Sliced Bread #2, dropkicks Murdoch on the way up, and gets the pin on Cade for the three count. [I]Brian Kendrick def. Lance Cade via pinfall in 9:37[/I] [b]RATING: C+[/b][/center] Afterwards, the tag team champs try to double team Kendrick, but Paul London runs down to prevent any shenanigans. [b]RATING: D[/b] In a pre-taped vignette from the weekend, we see footage of Santino Marella playing on a golf course. Maria is his caddy as he approaches a par 3. He swings the club, but the tape seems to mysteriously cut out, and then as it comes back, we see Santino picking the ball out of the hole. [b]Santino:[/b] Ah, another hole in one! [b]Maria:[/b] But it took you six sho... [b]Santino:[/b] Shush Maria, you go fetch my bag! Santino walks off smirking, as Maria huffs and puffs with the bag over her shoulder. [b]RATING: E+[/b] Backstage, JTG (who I guess technically shouldn't be here seeing as he left a couple of months ago, but I forgot to remove Cryme Tyme from the database) is walking through the halls. He turns round a corner, straight into Umaga, who is breathing heavily and generally being intimidating and Samoan. JTG tries to apologise, but doesn't get very far...GM William Regal walks past before anything physical can happen, and books JTG against Umaga for later tonight. [b]RATING: C+[/b] [CENTER][b][u]Mickie James and Candice Michelle vs. Beth Phoenix and Melina[/b][/u] Mickie and Candice struggled to get any offense in against the new Women's Champion, but the tide turned when Beth tagged out to Melina. Mickie managed to get the best of Melina and pinned her with a Mick Kick, much to the annoyance of Beth. [i]Mickie James and Candice Michelle def. Beth Phoenix and Melina in 6:50 when Mickie pinned Melina[/i] [b]RATING: C-[/b][/CENTER] After the match, Beth took out her frustration by planting Mickie with a Fisher(wo?)man's Buster. [b]RATING: C-[/b] Backstage, Lashley and Triple H are shown meeting up and discussing tactics for tonight's tag team main event. [b]RATING: C+[/b] [center][b][u]Umaga vs. JTG[/b][/u] No shocks in this one. Umaga destroys the Cryme Tyme member and takes the win with a Samoan Spike. [i]Umaga def. JTG via pinfall in 3:38[/i] [b]RATING: C+[/b][/center] Backstage, Kennedy and Booker cut a promo, with each man trying to one-up the other in saying that they will be the next WWE Champion. [b]RATING: B+[/b] [center][b][u]WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP: Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Carlito[/b][/u] This match for the Intercontinental Title was fast and frenetic, with both men getting in a fair bit of offense. Carlito scored several nearfalls on the champion, but couldn't quite get over the line. The finish came when Jeff went up for the Swanton Bomb, only for Carlito to move out of the way - Carlito then tried a Backcracker, but Jeff held onto the ring ropes, and then fell back on top of Carlito in a pinning predicament for the win! [i]Jeff Hardy def. Carlito via pinfall in 11:35 to retain the Intercontinental Championship[/i] [b]RATING: B-[/b][/center] Afterwards, Hardy celebrated retaining his title, as Carlito watched from the ramp. [b]RATING: B-[/b] Backstage, Maria and Santino are heading for the exit. Maria is carrying Santino's bag (which he inexplicably brought with him, seeing as he hasn't wrestled tonight). [b]Maria:[/b] Santino, this bag is heavy! Santino, without saying a word, grabs some flowers from a vase lying on a nearby table. [b]Santino:[/b] Lookah Maria, it's your reward! [b]Maria:[/b] Oh Santino, thank you! You're so generous! [b]RATING: D+[/b] [b]King:[/b] If Maria was as smart as she is good looking, she'd have spotted Santino for the fraud that he is! [b]JR:[/b] Poor Maria. Backstage, Lashley and Triple H are WALKING. [b]RATING: B+[/b] (What, a B+ for two guys walking? :D) [center][b][u]MAIN EVENT; WINNERS BECOME #1 CONTENDERS FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP: Triple H and Bobby Lashley vs. Ken Kennedy and King Booker[/b][/u] With so much on the line, the main event began as a tense affair, with the faces managing to work together okay and the heels struggling on occasion. Things changed when Lashley accidentally speared HHH and knocked him off the apron to the floor, leaving The Game down for a few minutes. Eventually, Lashley managed to tag HHH in, and typically, The Game dominated King Booker. Kennedy tried to take out HHH with a clothesline, but he accidentally hit Booker. Trips disposed of Kennedy over the top rope, and then Pedigreed Booker for the victory. [i]Triple H and Bobby Lashley def. Ken Kennedy and King Booker in 17:18 when Triple H pinned King Booker; Triple H and Lashley become the #1 Contenders for the WWE Championship[/i] [b]RATING: A[/b][/center] [b]JR:[/b] Lashley and Triple H looked dominant here King - Orton's title reign might be a short lived one! [b]King:[/b] Yeah, but you really think they're gonna work together in that triple threat at Cyber Sunday? I can't see this partnership lasting too long! And just as King says that, Lashley PLANTS HHH with a spear, driving the air out of Hunter! [b]RATING: B+[/b] [b]JR:[/b] Lashley just speared Triple H! [b]King:[/b] My my, the relationship was shorter than I expected! [b]JR:[/b] The battlelines have been drawn - it's every man for himself at Cyber Sunday! Until next week ladies and gentlemen, it's goodbye from Louisville Gardens! [b]OVERALL RATING: B[/b] [center]================[/center][/color] Quite chuffed with that for a first show...I did find it a bit of a job to write it all up, but I think once I get into it, I'll find it fun. Any thoughts/comments/suggestions are welcomed, especially on presentation etc., seeing as it's my first go at this. Cheers :)

Archived