Can I play as a female?

Currently female characters can only be controlled in exhibition matches, not in career mode. This was originally for the same reason that you can't play as female characters in the Smackdown! series of games, and that is that it's just a lot easier to write a career mode solely for one gender, because you don't have to constantly worry about whether a certain path really works with both men and women. That said, after reading your post i went back and took a look just to check somethings, and to be honest i can't really see many areas where the gender particularly matters, so i'll take a closer look later today and see about adding female characters as selectable workers.

Ya know, I never liked Smackdowns excusion of female wrestlers. I can understand it, given the number of them the WWE has and the additional bit of writing they'd have to do to fit them in, but in doing so, they prevent female players, like my wife, the chance to play a character they can relate to. I'm glad you're not going down that lane with this game.

Archived