The Rise of Critical (RTL)

(This is my very first diary and I suck at it, I know. The date on the game starts out during June of 2006.) [B]Story of Critical:[/B] [I]As a young African-American male growing up in rural Southeastern North Carolina, it seemed crazy for me to be into pro wrestling. Then as SWF and TCW really took off, it seemed even crazier that I would still be a fan of lesser known federations. Throughout my life I have loved wrestling and after high school I've decided to join a local backyard wrestling fed--I became a Yard Tard. I didn't make any money, but I picked up tricks and tips from some fellow "wrestlers" and soon, I became too good for the backyard circuit and decided to take a what has become a huge risk: take $1000 and throw myself out into the world of professional wrestling. But where would I go? Who would accept a green talent like me? Well, Rip Chord, a legend for his work during the 80's when I first fell in love with wrestling, was looking all over the country for fresh talent willing to learn and just happened to come to my city, setting up shop at a local wrestling school. As a walk-in, it didn't take long before the current class of students shot looks that could kill me. but, ignoring them and swallowing a huge lump in my throat, I approached Rip Chord. . .[/I] [COLOR="Blue"]Rip Chord:[/COLOR] What's your name, kid? [I]I couldn't remember my own name! I was awestruck, standing in front of my childhood hero. I cleared my throat and spoke. . .[/I] [COLOR="Red"]Me:[/COLOR] Robin, s-s-s-- [COLOR="Blue"]Rip:[/COLOR] Don't call me "sir", kid. Makes me feel older than I really am. [I]I chuckle nervously before continuing. . .[/I] [COLOR="Red"]Me:[/COLOR] My name is Robin, and I have nothing else in my heart but professional wrestling and-- [I]Rip Chord holds his hand up and waves me off, signaling that he has heard that before. Through this action, something inside me quickly snaps and I place both hands on the desk that Rip sits behind and startle the legend.[/I] [COLOR="Red"]Me:[/COLOR] Look, Rip Chord, I know that you have had alot of wannabes come up to you and spout off big @$$ speeches and failed in the process but I ain't one of them! I have busted my @$$ in everything I do and this in something that I really want to do! I ain't got many options in my life and I am putting ALL of my eggs in this basket! So do I have a chance or what?! [I]Rip Chord places his strong hands on his desk and looks me dead in my eyes. I don't turn away, but in my mind I am getting ready to run. Because where I'm from, the actions I just pulled would get me a first class ticket to Painsville--if such a place existed. Then, Rip places a hand on my shoulder and smiles. He didn't need to say anything after--we both knew that this was only the beginning of something great![/I] [B][I]And that was eight months ago. . .[/I][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Rip:[/COLOR] Well, Rob, you've doneit. I have trained you up to my satisfaction in less than a year and now's the time for you to make a proper debut. But my problem is: What do we call you? [COLOR="Red"]Me:[/COLOR] Black Demon? Black Bird? Black-- [COLOR="Blue"]Rip:[/COLOR] *chuckles* No, nothing like that. Out of this current class of students, YOU have surpassed them like nothing. My trainers give you praise on how critical you are of yourself. you are the first one to arrive and the last man to leave seven days a week. I've seen you making your class mates tap out to submissions and take them out with moves I have never seen before. That's because of those reasons, I would like to call you. . .Critical. [I]"Critical?!", I thought. I smirked and shrugged my shoulders.[/I] [COLOR="Red"]Me:[/COLOR] Fine, Rip, I'll take it. What's my gimmick? [COLOR="Blue"]Rip:[/COLOR] Well, you like to strike, slam, fly, submit. you can damn near do it all, son. You don't need a gimmick--just your raw talent and a little work on the mic and you'll be a superstar. You'll be working with me here in MAW of course. I have also recommeded you for a small fed in Japan. They'll call you when they want you. . . [I]As Rip Chord continues to talk, everything else drowned out. All I could hear were two words: A superstar. . .?[/I] [B](Note: I decided to forego my stats and how much I progress for sake of time for now.)[/B] [I][B]Wednesday, Week 1, June 2006[/B][/I] I arrive to tonight's event and read the card for tonight and saw that I was making my debut against Steven Parker--a rookie himself who was the first star signed to MAW and has been going around the training school saying that I could be a great rival for him. We'll see. . . [B]Critical vs Steven Parker[/B] I began by working over Parker's ribs with an array of stiff kicks and a brutal backbreaker followed by a series of body scissors and rest holds. I get a little ****y and try a Seated Back Kick but I miss horribly. Parker takes over a hits a Knee Lift and takes me off my feet, then locks in a painful Rear Chinlock. Then, Parker gets a little ****y himself and goes for a leg drop but I quickly use my speed and roll out of the way. I slap Steve and he slaps me back and then we both go for dropkicks but we both miss and standoff. The small crowd claps in appreciation. The next five minutes were of Steve Parker uses his body as a weapon by flying all over the ring. I decided to go a little dirty and fling him into the ref, who gets knocked down. I then toss Parker over the top rop and choke him with a cable and smash his face into the ring post before throwing him back into the ring as the ref get back up to his feet. Then, it's my turn to dominate with wear down holds and stiff chops and kicks. At the 15:00 minute mark, Parker unleashes a DDT and a Cartwheel Splash. Parker lines me up for a Super Kick but I catch it and roll it into a Small Package for a two count. Then out of nowhere I hit my Critical Crush (Back Cradle Piledriver) for the win. A few fans applaud while the ref raises my hand in my debut win! Critical defeats Steve Parker in 16:10 Match rating: C (More to come later!)

Thanks, Caulfield! And if any or everyone who reads these have ANY tips please do not hold back! All the help is greatly appreciated. I'm in the military so criticism is not new to me, lol. [I][B]Friday, Week 1, June 2006[/B][/I] I head into the MAW's head office to speak to Rip, but his office is empty. I head to the locker room to get ready for the day's workouts and find a note attached to my locker with a big Japanese flag sticker on the front. Of course, being curious, I ripped the note opened and and gasped as I had found a ticket with my name on it with the destination being Hokkaido, Japan! Needless to say, I was on my way!! . . . Little did I know that I was wrestling for what most would call a "garbage" fed: WEXXV. Think I cared? Heck no! I was in Japan, a place where legends are made. The home of the very style that I have used to get by in this business. I arrive in my hotel, a little awestruck but my still ready to compete. I use a number on the back of the note Rip left for me and call the head offices of WEXXV. Through a series of screwed-up Japanese statements, I finally reach a foreign who tells me that I am to make my debut in a Hardcore Tag Team Match against the Chaos Demons. . .oh, boy. . .! [B]The Chaos Demons vs Critical and Zeshin Makioka[/B] I get in the ring was which turns out to be a huge mistake. CD#1 rips into my with punches and throws me outside. I try to roll myself back in but CD#1 Bodyslams me onto a chair. CD#1 rolls me back into the ring and tosses a chair in after me. I use this slight window of hope and go to tag Zeshin in, but CD#1 grabs me and whips me into the ropes to hit a big boot. Then, CD#1 finishes me off with the Chair Shot From Above and that is it for my Japanese debut. . .yay. . .The fans are obviously are giving us hell for the the crappy match but in the back, both the Chaos Demons and my tag partner who never got to get into the match give me praise for taking such a short yet brutal beating. Chaos Demons defeat Critical and Zeshin Makioka in 5:10 Match Rating: F Other matches in WEXXV: WEXXV Strength Fire 10 Saionji Omura defeated Hiroshi Morisue to retain the Warrior's Heart Title Kimitada Ohishi defeated Ryu Kajahara Henry Lee defeated Kinji Akamatsu Munemitsu Senmatsu defeated Larry Wood [B]The Chaos Demons vs Critical and Zeshin Makioka[/B] I make it back to the hotel and collapse on my bed, forgetting that my head was nearly caved in just a few hours ago. I call home and let Ma know what had happened and she flipped out and used the OTHER part of English that I know oh so very well. When Ma catches her breath, she lets me know that Rip called to let me know that I am needed back in the States for another match. Of course, I'm excited and can't wait to go back. I tell Ma I love her and good night (despite the fact that it's morning in the States!) and hang up.

[B][I]Tuesday, Week 2, 2006[/I][/B] I arrive at the MAW center and quickly head into the locker room to look at tonight's card. I notice that at the top of the card the title of MAW Main Event. [I]"Main Event"?[/I] Flash, one of the wrestlers I'll be facing tonight, quickly lets me know that MAW has risen up to Small level and has gained a new television show. So, tonight I make my TV debut in a tag match against Flash and Oscar Golden--a team known as the Canadian Blondes. [B][COLOR="Red"]Me:[/COLOR][/B] Hey, Flash, who is my partner? Suddenly, I feel a giant of a hand land on my shoulder and on instinct I spin and drive a sharp elbow into my "attacker's" ribs. I finish my turn and face a 6'8" monster known as Des Davids. The former football star shrugs the blow off and chuckles. I quickly apologize and the big man waves it off. [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Davids:[/COLOR][/B] Pre-match jitters? I nod quickly. [B][COLOR="Red"]Me:[/COLOR][/B] So do we have a name or what. . .? [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Davids:[/COLOR][/B] We haven't even wrestled yet, man. *chuckles* But I do have a name or two in my head. Come on, let's get down to business because we are facing a tough tag team tonight. [B][COLOR="Red"]Me:[/COLOR][/B] Yeah, they ARE the tag team champs after all. Des throws a big arm over my shoulders, almost knocking me over in the process as we both walk down the hall and chat about our match. . . [B]The Canadian Blondes (MAW Tag Team Champions) vs New Breed (Non-title match)[/B] Little did I know it, Big Des turns out to be a heck of a tag team partner. The CBs take over quickly though, taking Des out with high flying moves and a few wear down holds that stifle the big man. At the 6 minute mark, Davids dodges a Cartwheel Splash and finally tags me in. We hit Flash Savage with a nice Drop Toe Hold and Leg Drop Combination (a move that will become a staple as this diary goes on) and I take over on Savage with wear down holds focusing on his legs. I then let the Strong Style come out of me, hitting Seated Back Kicks, Mounted Elbow Smashes, and barely pulling off a brutal Kneeling Kick Rush but Savage kicks out at 2. I try to go to tag a sort-of rested Davids in, but quickly get pulled back and a stiff Back Kick for my troubles. At the 12 minute mark, Oscar Golden is tagged in and he begins a long series of splashes and kicks that have me reeling by the 15 minute mark. I once again play a little dirty and hit Golden with a quick Eye Gouge that the ref saw but couldn't say too much about as I tag in Davids who cleans house! The Canadian Blondes can't with stand the power but they outlast Davids long enough for Flash to attempt the Glittering Magician but Davids catches him and hits a Toss to the Corner. Des tags me in and we go for a Decapitation Kneedrop but I miss horribly and Flash tags in Golden, who charges forward--right into a new move that I "invented" on my flight back to the states: the Go 2 Sleep (Fireman's Carry into Kneestrike) that not only takes Golden down and out but makes the small attendance on 112 people rise to their feet! The ref makes the three count and the small crowd explodes in cheers as me and Davids have our hands raised into the air! The crowd chants "That Was Awesome *clap-clap-clapclapclap!!*" over and over as all four of us head into the locker room. In the locker room, I place a bag of ice on my neck to ease the pain. Davids does the same to his knee as the Canadian Blondes enter the locker room. Oscar has a look in his eyes that would freeze fire (it's a country boy saying, lay off me!). Then again, I can't really blame him since the GTS is a rather stiff move. Yet, Golden smiles and shakes my hand, telling me that he can't wait to mix it up again. Neither can I. . .

To all who are even midly entertained by this lil diary, I gotta let ya know that I made a huge mistake of playing the game and not posting my progress. So, instead of going through all the matches that I have done--cuz I really would like to keep playing the game--we are going to go fast forward a bit with a story. . .Here it goes! [I]Well, well, well. . .Time goes by quick, huh? Where shall I start? I soon became a staple of Mid Atlantic Wrestling, learning from my mentor Rip Chord and my fellow wrestlers who brought their own lessons and tips. With all of the help and matches I have had, I was starting to become the superstar that Rip had predicted oh so long ago. Along with Des Davids, I captured my first title: the MAW tag team championship. We still reign to this day, with such a small roster we don't really have many challengers. With all the tag team title defenses, me and Davids were catching the eyes of other small-fed owners and I was soon invited to join CZCW but I resigned after one event for the lack of a stable schedule. Not soon after that, Rip decided that it was time. Time for me to step out of the tag ranks and into single stardom. I hate to lose, however, and decided to still team with Des and defend the title that gave me a little stardom. Eventually I earned a right to face then-MAW Mid Atlantic Champion, Ricky Douglas in a non-title match. I lost, but the fans were chanting both of our names at the end of the match. With the fans in demand, I got another match, this time with the title on the line. I won by a slim margin, with the match going 58:50. It tested me and my stamina and my will. It was my night, and my time. Then Rip called me into his office one night after a successful defense of my title against The Mean Machine and had a bit of good news. Total Championship Wrestling offered me a Enhancement Talent contract. I immediately jump on the chance and go on to defeat Raul Darkness in my debut. Now, the date is Tuesday, Week 2, March 2007. I have just signed on to be the first star of Tier 1 Championship Wrestling, an upstart promotion in Japan. In the new year of 2007, I have yet to be defeated, still defending my tag and singles titles in MAW and working a rather spotty yet beneficial schedule for TCW. . .[/I] (OOC: Sorry about the flash forward story but I will do my best to keep you all up to date about my matches. No more Java Monster drinks for me, lol!!) Now, for a lil wrestling background about Critical Name: Critical Age: 20 Height: 5'10" Weight: 215 (listed as a Middleweight) Style: Strong Style (Stiff kicks, lots of submissions and devastating driver-type moves) Record (so far): 56-0-4 (yeah, I drank alot of energy drinks on my day-off and kept playing, just building my stats and having a great time, sorry) Signature moves: - Critical Effect (Canadian Destroyer Piledriver) - Critical Acclaim!! (Shooting Star Leg Drop) - Back Cracker (Uranage Backbreaker) - Lockdown (Modified Dragon Sleeper) Title(s): MAW Tag Team, MAW Mid-Atlantic [B]Tuesday, Week 2, March 2007[/B] I decided to head to the TCW offices instead of facing the Canadian Blondes in MAW. Rip said it would not be a problem while reaching into his desk. Rip tosses me a magazine, and I realize that it is [I]Pro Wrestling Monthly[/I]. On the cover is the current TCW champion, Tommy Cornell. Rip motions for the Sticky Note poking out of the side of the mag and I turn to the note. Their is a small article about young and up-and-coming wrestlers all over the world and guess who has one of the main segments? You guessed right, yours truly! [B]From "Stars on the Rise" in March's PWM by Larry Bartowski:[/B] [I]There are alot of stars in the professional wrestling world and with the present landscape, things can only get better. As far as the future is concerned, it is almost impossible to desribe how far wrestling will go. One wrestler has been on the lips of a few of the writers here in the PWM offices. That name is Critical. A young, 20-year-old out of rural North Carolina who just exudes confidence when he is in the ring. For someone so young, Crit is just looks utterly relaxed in the ring to the point where he strings together arm drags and hip tosses like they were second nature. Critical's drawbacks: he lacks true charisma. The youngster looks down right silly talking into the mic in the ring and does even worse cutting promos. In my opinion, if Critical truly wants to become the superstar, he has to put the same energy that he uses in his dramatic and exciting matches into his promos and mic work. Otherwise he will be ruling the ring, and not much else. With the landscape of pro wrestling reaching the mass media however, I think the kid can do it.[/I] I put the magazine down and Rip stares at me from across his desk and smiles until he sees my frown. [COLOR="Blue"]Rip:[/COLOR] What's wrong, son? [COLOR="Red"]Me:[/COLOR] That sucks. . . [COLOR="Blue"]Rip:[/COLOR] Kid, you are in this month's hottest magazine. People all over the country are going to see this--some might skip over your segment, and some won't--and when they do, they'll agree with Bartowski. You gotta break out of this Silent Killer bit and show the crowd that same little ****head that came in here and demanded that I give him a chance. You got fire in the ring kid, now use that same fire and excite the crowd even more before that bell rings. [COLOR="Red"]Me:[/COLOR] You got it, Boss. Rip and I shake hands and I leave. I arrive later at the TCW locker room to find out that I am not booked which doesn't surprise me since I am just there as Enhancement Talent. I run into BLZ Bubb who shakes my hand--more like my hand and wrist--and congratulates me on my recent success. I thank him and watch the monster walk off. Around the locker room, a lot of my heroes shake my hand and gives alot of tips of psychology and mic work. I rest on the bench and close my eyes as the crowd screams for the favorite wrestlers. . .

Archived