Why can't I use a female wrestler in the League modes?

Not particularly appealing to whom? I don't know much about game programming, but would it really have been that difficult to add a small checker box when you start a league where you choose if the league is just for men, women or both? Or one more category in Edit Database that's called Edit League? Much of the appeal to me in Wrestling Spirit and TEW is that you can create your own wrestling world, one where for example people are treated equally despite gender. Anyway, thanks for the answers, mr Ryland!

[QUOTE=Nightcrawler86;303032]Not particularly appealing to whom?[/QUOTE] I can't imagine many people would want to play a league where the female athletes regularly beat the men, which is what would happen given that the stats in WreSpi are absolute, not weighted by gender. Given that the game has been out for a long time and you're the only person to have brought it up, I think I was probably right!

Well... Maybe I'm also in the minority, but personally I have always wanted to see wrestling go in a direction where women regularly can and do beat the men. I mean look at Lufisto. She regularly kicks the holy heck out of even the guys, and frankly at least for me it's refreshing and nice to see. You did make an excellent game and you are probably exactly right that most people don't consider this an issue. Still though it would have been a nice feature and if a WreSpi 3 ever gets put into the works ( And I personally would love it if it did) then it's one that I would love to see implemented.

Archived