Anyone seen this error message?

So I try to save after playing a game, and I get a message saying: There was an error saving your game, make sure you don't have two instances of BBCF running (check the task manager). And no, I don't have two instances running. This particular error also deletes the .sav file for my league. To restore it, I have to copy the backup .sav file and paste it into the appropriate folder, which means the game I played is gone and I get to replay it. This happens every other game or so, and is a major pain in the keister. Any ideas?

I posted my save file in the 'not saving initially' thread. It happens every time I try to save that league (also happens with the GG files), but I have other games created with the same pstats file that work fine. Maybe I somehow corrupted the pstats file in some way without realizing it. I think I'll try the original file and get back to you.

• 1 month later...
[QUOTE=Twincitiesfan;349070]I just had this happen today, any updates on how to resolve the issue. Right now when I try to open up the league it says no saved game, create new league. ????[/QUOTE] I had the exact same thing happen to me today ... first time for me,. and I've played this quite a bit (a month or so)... frustrating...

• 2 weeks later...
Still frustrated So I'm in midseason, and I've played a certain game three times, and when I try to save the game afterward, it crashes as noted above. And I'm getting goshawful tired of copying my backup file into the game folder, etc., etc. It seems like the farther I get into a dynasty, the more this happens. Sure, it's not that time-intensive a thing to do, but I have this basic expectation that when I pay for a game, it works.

Archived