6 Questions

Hey Adam, great screenshots! I've got a few questions... 1) The Feature list mentions that the AI is realistic in it's style, but is it programmed to adapt to your style? By this I mean, if I use the same move over and over, will the likelyness of it being countered go up? 2) Are counters something only a few people know, or is it universal knowledge? Will a technical wrestler be better at escaping holds than a brawler? 3) Could you explain the "Use Fighting Spirit" move? Is that like a "Hulk-Up"? Does the Spirit numbers (Miyazaki 8 - Matravers 20) indicate the number of uses left? 4) Are backstage fights fought by user, or are they just an event that gets reported on? 5) How are Battle Royals and Royal Rumbles going to pan out? Are they included? Will every participant be on the screen, or only a certain number at a time? 6) Is it possible to watch CPU vs CPU matches? Looking forward to the game...

1 - From experience, it's pretty difficult to use the same move over and over again lol. Put it this way; consider yourself lucky if you can hit a single move 3 times back to back lol. 2 - It's pretty much universal knowledge if i'm not mistaken. 3 - I'll spoil one thing about this one.. The Fighting Spirit points can be used throughout the matches. It's espescially wise to use them in the final minutes of the match. If you're short on energy, and you know one Finishing Move can pretty much end you - you can use some of your fighting spirit points to increase your chances of blocking or kicking out of the move. That's all i'll give you on that one though ;) 4 - Backstage Fights are created by the user. You'll see when you play the trial :) 5 - I'm not certain that Royal / Battle Royals are in. 6 - No.

That IS a very good point... and besides that, most battle royals are a punching fest. How fun would it be to punch, punch, kick, kick in a wrestling SIMULATOR, anyways? Keep in mind that I love games like Smackdown with their royal rumble and such, but come on... it just isn't feasible in a text based game like this.

More match questions [QUOTE=Adam Ryland]Because battle royals wouldn't work very well in the Wrestling Spirit match format.[/QUOTE] Of course you realize most people are going to whine about this. Additional questions: How many match types are there? What's the max number of participants per match? Are match types editable as well?

Archived