Pro Wrestling X - From Local To Global

[I]My GCG game was corrupted guys, the power went out after a storm here, but this is an idea that's been kicking around in my head for a while. I love these kinds of diaries, so here goes nothing.[/I] [CENTER][IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc264/BeckettWrestling/PWX/PWX.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Pro Wrestling is, sadly, my life. I am a full-fledged "smark," or loser who spends way too much time paying attention to the goings on in the world of the Supreme Wrestling Federation, or Total Championship Wrestling. I'm not the most athletic person out there, so being a wrestler was probably not going to happen. But, I always wanted to part of the business. Turning my obsession into a job was something I was always looking to do. And, with a scholarship to Farleigh Dickinson University, just south of New York City, I had my opportunity. With a mixture of cajoling, pleading, crying, and all out begging, I managed to acquire one year of tuition payments from my parents for "living expenses." Instead, I planned to get a job where I went to school, and open up a wrestling promotion. I'd find the best independent talent in America, and put on a show that would get the people like me, the smarks out there, excited. High-flying action and technical masterpieces would be the name of the game, and I was only too excited to begin. After some tape trading, recommendation gathering, and YouTube viewing, I managed to contact and sign the following wrestlers. - Cal Sanders - Frankie Dee - Ginko Kuroda - Kashmir Singh - K-Squared - Mark Smart - Phenomenal E - Rafael Ruiz - Raphael - Tempest Appleby - Thomas Morgan - Velocidad - Warren Technique And I hired an announcer and referee, named Martin Theocott and Jonathan Smith respectively. These talents would make my fledgling promotion, christened [B]Pro Wrestling X[/B], a success. No matter what. A little sponsorship from Tony's Pizza, and we were on our way. Our opening event, [B]PWX It All Begins[/B], would take place in the Weston Gymnasium, with the first round of a title tournament. And we'd go from there. The course was set. It was time for the first step.

[CENTER]PWX It All Begins Saturday, Week 3, January 2007 The Weston Gymnasium (16 Fans)[/CENTER] - Cal Sanders defeated Raphael (C-) [I]This is the first in four first-round matches, in an eight-man tournament for the PWX Championship, with Cal Sanders defeating Raphael to move on. An open match, Sanders manages to put away Raphael with the Sanders Strech and gain the submission win.[/I] - Frankie Dee defeated Mark Smart (D+) [I]"The White Angel" Frankie Dee defeated Mark Smart in a good showing between two of our more over Super Juniors. The Super Junior style wrestlers will eventually get their own title belt here in PWX, but for now, Dee manages to stake his claim in the bigger world with a victory over Smart, and a ticket to the second round.[/I] - Rafael Ruiz defeated Ginko Kuroda (C-) [I]Ruiz punches in with a dominant showing here, defeating the upstart Joshi Warrior Ginko Kuroda in a good match. Kuroda did her best, but Rafael Ruiz showed the tenacity of a bulldog here, as he managed to stave off any attempt from Ginko Kuroda to win with the Ruiz Stretch.[/I] - Kashmir Singh defeated Thomas Morgan (C) [I]An optimal choice for the first-ever PWX Main Event, as Singh and Morgan have a chemistry in the ring that few have. Both men get equal offense here, with Singh managing to put Morgan away with the Singh Smasher (Delayed Brainbuster) for the win.[/I] Overall: C- [QUOTE]PWX Glory Is Earned Cal Sanders vs. Frankie Dee Rafael Ruiz vs. Kashmir Singh Sanders/Dee vs. Ruiz/Singh for the PWX Championship[/QUOTE]

[CENTER]PWX Glory Is Earned Saturday, Week 3, Feburary 2007 The Weston Gymnasium (15 Fans)[/CENTER] - Cal Sanders defeated Frankie Dee (C-) [I]An solid opening match here, with Dee battling Sanders for fifteen solid minutes, ending with Cal Sanders beating Dee with the Sanders Stretch. Cal Sanders is able to advance to the finals for the PWX Championship.[/I] - Rafael Ruiz defeated Kashmir Singh (C) [I]Both men went all out here, with neither man able to get the advantage. Kashmir Singh managed to get Ruiz up for the Singh Smasher, but Ruiz reversed it into a DDT, and locked on the Ruiz Wrench, punching his ticket to the finals, and a shot at Cal Sanders.[/I] - Rafael Ruiz / Cal Sanders Hype (F) [I]A video played on a rigged up projector, hyping the upcoming match between Rafael Ruiz and Cal Sanders.[/I] - Rafael Ruiz defeated Cal Sanders to win the PWX Championship (C+) [I]The Match of The Year so far in PWX, with Rafael Ruiz managing to beat Sanders to become the first-ever PWX Champion. A good match, with plenty of technical wrestling, and lots of near-finishes that had the fifteen person audience as hyped as a fifteen-man audience can be. Ruiz doesn't finish Sanders off with the Ruiz Wrench, but instead with a Top-Rope Powerbomb that really got the crowd.[/I] - Rafael Ruiz Celebrates (F) [I]Ruiz holds the belt high as PWX Glory Is Earned ends. Sanders goes for a handshake, but is denied by Ruiz, who slides out from the ropes and walks out to the boos of the crowd.[/I] Overall: C [QUOTE][FONT="Courier New"]PWX Hustle And Honor - Velocidad vs. The Tic [I]The first in three Super Junior matches over the next three PWX events, that will culminate in a three-way ladder match for the PWX Super Junior Championship. Will "The Insane Luchador" Velocidad defeat the eastern import The Tic. Or will the man who's actually wrestled a Super Junior get the win?[/I] - Cal Sanders vs. Thomas Morgan [I]Cal Sanders seeks to get back on track with a victory over Thomas Morgan. Morgan's been complaining backstage about his loss to Kashmir Singh, and he gets his oppurtunity to get his momentum back. Which man will take the step forward, and who will take the step back?[/I] - Rafael Ruiz (c) vs. Warren Technique for the PWX Championship [I]Warren Technique has demanded a shot at the PWX Championship because of his not being in the tournament. And it has been granted! So at [B]PWX Hustle And Honor[/B], it will be Ruiz vs. Technique, PWX Championship on the line![/I][/FONT][/QUOTE]

- [B]Velocidad[/B] vs. The Tic - [B]Cal Sanders[/B] vs. Thomas Morgan - [B]Rafael Ruiz[/B] (c) vs. Warren Technique for the PWX Championship I'm a big Velocidad fan and Sanders, to me, has a slight edge over Morgan, at least insofar as a Morgan/Singh feud seems a good idea, meaning that Sanders would be better served with the win to put him in the title picture. And reasonable-length reigns help titles.

Archived