ROF: A Pure Wrestling Revival

Ring Of Fire Pro Wrestling had fallen on tough times. The emergence of 21CW as the top company in the United Kingdom had sent the once-proud company into a tailspin, robbed them of most of their best talent, and made them a distant third in the UK. It looked like ROF was a company on the way out of the wrestling world, leaving the world to new fangled companies with that were all about "Sports Entertainment" and "Angles." But British Samurai, owner of ROF, wasn't going to go down with out a fight. He embarked on a remarkable plan for rebirth. Weekly events, run out of The Paddington Club, would hopefully boost the company's popularity enough that it could still be saved. That's where our story begins. Ring Of Fire Pro Wrestling is hoping for their last ditch plan to pay off. For the Hail Mary to be caught in the back of the end zone. In a more area-appropriate metaphor, for the shot from midfield to beat the keeper at the gun. Can they do it? Will the money run out? How the hell are they going to find enough credible UK talent to even attempt it? All questions that will be answered as ROF leads A Pure Wrestling Revival. [U][CENTER]The ROF Roster[/CENTER][/U] [INDENT]Main Eventers: [U]Merle O'Curle[/U] - The Celtic Crippler is the top pure wrestler in ROF, and a man to keep your eye on. [U]British Samurai[/U] - The ROF owner will be featured on every card, due to his written contract, so expect a push for him too. [U]UK Dragon[/U] - Current ROF Champion. International star. Expensive. [U]K'Lee Hawkins[/U] - Not as good as his push indicates. Upper Midcarders [U]Billy Robinson[/U] - The ROF Pride Champion. A very good talent too. [U]Walter Morgan[/U] - Morgan's a good technical wrestler, who just needs to improve his selling, consistency and in-ring psychology to take the next step. [U]Johnny Highspot[/U] - A good highflier, but too expensive to be featured regularly for what he gives you. [U]Don Henderson[/U] - A great talent, one that will get a push. Midcarders: [U]Lance Martin[/U] - One half of the ROF Tag Team Champions, but a disappointing wrestler. [U]Gob Narfi[/U] - One half of The Tribe. A raw rookie with good charisma. Needs psychology. [U]Eric Future[/U] - In a team with Petey Barnes. Needs to get better. [U]Kelly Martin[/U] - See Martin, Lance. [U]Petey Barnes[/U] - The best highflier on the ROF roster. [U]Jonni Lowlife[/U] - One time Jonni Dyslexia. In a team with Johnny Highspot. Not enough bang for his buck. Lower Midcarders: [U]Rhys Vali[/U] - Other half of The Tribe. Like Gob Narfi [U]Martin Heath[/U] - Another newbie bland highflier. [U]Glen Ward[/U] - Newest addition to the ROF roster. A man to watch. [U]Jon Michael Sharp[/U] - [I]Another[/I] newbie bland highflier. Openers: [U]Stardust Phil Cox[/U] - Random spotty jobber dude. Works cheap.[/INDENT] With these men, ROF looks to revive Pure Wrestling. Come along, and check out if they can.

ROF Flame On Card (Week 1) [INDENT][U]The Tribe vs. Sharp & Heath[/U] - High flying action opens the first ever ROF Flame On! Who will distinguish themselves in the tag team picture with a win here? [U]Walter Morgan vs. Don Henderson[/U] - Two great wrestlers. That's all ROF has to say to get you ready. [U]British Samurai vs. Merle O'Curle[/U] - This match is for a shot at the ROF Championship against UK Dragon! These two are the best ROF has to offer, who will go for the belt next week?![/INDENT] (OOC: Most cards will be attached to a show. This is just the first one, so there's no show to react to.)

Good to see another ROF diary - that's 3 on here at once, which must be some kind of record! :) Best of luck with it. The Tribe vs. [B]Sharp & Heath [/B] [I]Let's hope the fans don't leave the arena in disgust after the opener! These two teams are hopeless...well, The Tribe are hopeless whereas Sharp & Heath at least have a semblance of ROF style talent. I'll go with them.[/I] [B]Walter Morgan [/B]vs. Don Henderson [I]Tough to call. Both men are good. Like you said in your opener, Morgan lacks on some performance aspects, but is a great technician. Henderson has good performance stats, but less skill. I'll go Morgan.[/I] [B]British Samurai [/B]vs. Merle O'Curle [I]The fact that you are having Samurai on all shows to cut costs (which I did exactly the same in my diary) suggests he'll get the initial push towards the title. Merle will be the man eventually though.[/I]

Archived