Player (and coach/player) relationships

Arlie, I'm pretty sure you're in the know about Gary Gorski's DDS:CB, and the coach/player and player/player dynamics in the game. It appears to be working quite well, and adding dimensions never seen before in text sims. I feel this needs to be in a pro football game, where relationships between players (and coaches) are utmost in a team's chance for success (think Randy Moss and the Raiders, Randy Moss and the Pats, the Patriots linebackers, TO and McNabb, Brett Favre and Donald Driver, etc) I have no idea how far along you are in development of BBPF. My suggestion, however, is to take as much time as is needed, and work on getting this into the game. I think this is now a necessity. Surely, this is just a suggestion. But, hopefully, you're at a stage where you can still take it, and see what can happen. -John

absolutely a great idea. very complex, imo, but really important to bring sims to the next level. As another thing we'd conceivably see due to the implementation of these relationships - consider the number of players that end up on teams with former coaches. That's something that you just can't model unless you've implemented a type of relationship with coaches. brad

Sorry dude, you're way off base. I've known and have worked with Arlie for years. He's working on the game, and it'll be released when he's ready to release it. So, unless you have something to say about this topic, please do not bother to post in this forum. Thank you.

Ok dude. Tell Arlie at work a sporadic update might help keep customers interested. Maybe even just a "Hi guys, I'm still around and working on it" message. I know, I know he's got a family and real job and all that. Just hoping like the rest of us for his next great work to be available or at least a head poke on his companies web site. Also I would think posts like mine would help a company keep the pulse of their customers rather then disuade posting. Though I admit the thread may have been the wrong choice. With that said the coach/player player/player relationship seems to be a great idea, though I agree a difficult one to implement properly.

[url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=285257&postcount=5[/url] He did post there. By "have worked with Arlie in the past", I mean I was an employee of .400 Studios, and helped with TPF. Arlie works a 50+-hour-a-week schedule, has a little one at home, and is finding time to try to work on this. Remember, he has to do this *completely* from scratch. He can't use the TPF code whatsoever. So, it's going to take longer, especially when it's behind everything else in his life (you know, the important things). I definitely don't mind him working under the radar right now. While I want the game to come out (I want nothing more than for Gridiron Legends to open up), I'm well aware of his situation and respect it.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=John Comey;316620][url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=285257&postcount=5[/url] He did post there. By "have worked with Arlie in the past", I mean I was an employee of .400 Studios, and helped with TPF.[/QUOTE] No kidding John? Wow. What did you do over there? Developer? Programmer? Consultant? I'm a huge fan of TPF.

[QUOTE=John Comey;316620]Remember, [B]he has to do this *completely* from scratch[/B]. He can't use the TPF code whatsoever. So, it's going to take longer, especially when it's behind everything else in his life (you know, the important things).[/QUOTE] You know this for sure? I just thought it would have made sense to use a lot of the BBCF engine since they are meant to be compatible?

Archived