Spread Option

As fudgums has said, there isn't an offensive philosophy that says "Spread Option", but you can simulate the spread option by: 1.) set your offensive philosophy to the "Run & Gun". 2.) look at your favorite spread offense and set your gameplan to mirror their style of inside/outside runs and short/med/long passes. 3.) set your percentages for how much % you want your RB and QB to run, if you have a mobile QB who can run as well. In my spread, I run more of a quick hitting passing game instead of a run-heavy option, at least in my online leagues. You have to have the right quarterback to actually run in the offense, but if you don't you can always just have the running back carry the bulk of the rushing attack.

in one of my dynasties at GG, I used the spread option, i only played 2 years but it was amazing, QB was heisman winner, first year 2,500 yards passing and 1500 yards rushing,and second year 2,300 yards passing and 2,400 yards rushing it was incredible, here it is [url]http://www.totalsportsworld.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17190[/url]

Update: in my Baylor dynasty at TSW, I found the right quarterback to move to add in the quarterback rushing, so I'm running more of a West Virginia style spread. Didn't have to do much though, as I still wanted between 25-33 passes per game. If you're interested, I can email you my base file that you can use as a starting point. Please let me know by emailing me at president [at] the-league [dot] net, and I'll get that right to you. KennyWan

Archived