I give up

I give up. The mechanics of this game are just good enough to make me want to play this game. But its so buggy and crashes so often that I'm just sick of it. The latest, I'm coaching my own game as Oklahoma against Pittsburgh. We make a nice comeback scoring 16 pts in the 4th Qtr for a come from behind win. Then I have to just sit and watch as the game tries to go from the game screen back to the scroreboard, but instead just locks up and crashes .... yet again. Its just too damn frustrating to have this keep happening. Shouldn't known better after TDFB. Oh well.

I'd like to contest reports that this game is totally stable. It's solid, but there's definitely room for improvement. Too often there are errors when saving that wipes out data. The automatic backup feature was a HUGE savior, because it seems whenever you leave the game running for two long, you are prone to errors such as 'there are two instances of BBCF running at once, so I'm going to crash and die instead of saving'. Also, during the 'accept visits' stage in the recruiting process, I often press different letters to accept/clear visits since it's easier than clicking a mouse. I don't know if it's intended, but EVERY KEY seems to have the ability to accept/clear a visit from a recruit. So often when I'm moving different positions to look at (i.e, I want to see all the RBs who want to visit this week) I also accept a random visit. And if I do this too often, it seems to just crash: object block variable not set, or something along those lines. All in all, it's a solid game. I've never heard of GMac's error occuring, but definitely, these things do happen. I wonder if there could be a more efficient way of working with the database so that the entire process: saving, progressing stages, etc, could be done a lot faster.

Archived