Adrenaline Wrestling - A New Beginning (CornellVerse)

Some of you might know me. My name is Robert Clavey, better known as Robbie Clavey. I am a professional wrestler on the independent circuit, United States. Recently I inherited a substantial amount of money from a relative. I prefer not to discuss the specifics. I suddenly found myself with $500,000 and not a clue what to do with it. I had joked with my friends about opening my own wrestling promotion before, never thinking I'd get the opportunity. After a few weeks of deep thought, I decided I would make my dream a reality. The first thing was to acquire the equipment necessary to start my company. The ring and set up was easy to come by, since I already had connections in the industry. Next, I found a building that would rent itself to us the last Saturday of every month for a nominal fee. After all the technicality stuff was out of the way, I started to build a roster. I called in a few favors, grabbing two of my best friends, Tim Buberle and Neil Morrison to help in the operations and announcing. Then I contacted a few of the guys I had bonded with on my indy shows. They were all excited to hear of another place to work, and a few of them even committed to me with loyalty. When I called up Tim to tell him of the first members of our roster, he was thrilled to hear that Frankie Perez, Aaron Andrews, Darryl Devine, Jacob Jett and Trent Shafer had all given us the chance. Along with those names from the indy scene, I contacted a few guys I had wrestled with at least once and brought them in. Clinton Sage, Tyler Chance, Cyrus Raynes, Facade and the man who trained me, John Covel. I decided to call the promotion Adrenaline Wrestling and base it out of the Chicagoland Area, closest to home as I could. I gave us a list of events to run monthly, and now it was time to send out some more invitations to work.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I sent out a plethora of phone calls, hoping some of them would turn into regular workers. I had a lot of guys with good skills I wanted, it was just a matter of money. Though I had plenty of it, I wanted to make sure I wasn't losing much of it too soon. My first event was a little under a month away and I had a limited roster. I had to create buzz as soon as I could so myself, Tim and Neil all met to discuss possible matches and storylines with the workers we already had. To make things a little worse a few of my guys had been offered spots from bigger promotions, so I was a little nervous. [B][U][SIZE="3"]Wednesday, Week 1, January[/SIZE][/U][/B] One of the guys I had sent an offer to, Fumihiro Ota had returned my call with a strange yet intriguing idea. He offered to come aboard, as the figure head and part owner of AW. We mulled things over for a LONG time and discussed the good and bad things that could come from this. The goods were having two recognizable names in management made the company more credible, stable and eye catching. The bad thing was he felt we needed to set specific goals for ourselves while I didn't want to. Soon enough I decided that the goods out weighed the bads and accepted his offer. I called everyone in for a meeting the next day, Ota would be there as well.

First off the next day was our goals. Ota and I agreed on the money issue and decided we didn't want to allow ourselves to drop below $125k in our first year. Secondly, we made the obvious goal of working to make Adrenaline Wrestling more prestigious in our first tow years. That was plenty of time for that. Next on the agenda were the type of workers we would use. Ota wasn't high on alcoholics or drug users, so we blocked the use of such workers. They tend to be unreliable. We also knew that guys who were injury prone weren't a good fit , seeing as talent would be hard to come buy until we had a better reputation. Our meeting the next day proved very productive as we set up gimmicks for the guys who had already given us commitments and decided on some feuds for the opening months of AW. This also gave us a few matches we could begin advertising for our first show, titled Dawnings at the ends of the month. [CENTER][B][U][SIZE="5"]AW Dawnings[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]John Covel[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews[/COLOR] for the Adrenaline Wrestling Heavyweight Championship[/SIZE][/B] [I]We had decided these four men were the best talent to headline our shows and booked them all to compete in a four way for the title. Ota and Covel would give us a little bit of name value to draw. Andrews and Chance would hopefully add something to the match with their skills.[/I] [B][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Frankie Perez[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]Clinton Sage[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Darryl Devine[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]Frankie and Darryl were two other guys who were known names, so we tossed in our own Clinton Sage to get a quality match together. We'd feel out crowd reactions to decide what would happen the next month for the Midwest Championship.[/I] [B][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]Jacob Jett[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]We decided to add this match to open the show with a small taste of what we wanted to get across. Both men were fine workers and should put on a perfect opening contest.[/I]

[SIZE="3"][B][U]Saturday, Week 1, January 2007[/U][/B][/SIZE] A few of my phone calls had been returned. I was able to come to terms with one of my targets, American Machine. He would be a nice edition to my roster to help advance our product. I also came to agreements with five other workers, vastly increasing my roster. I was a little disappointed though as another of my main targets, Steven Parker declined my offer. He said he wanted to concentrate on his MAW career. I also received a phone call from Jacob Jett. He had received an offer from 4C a few days prior, but turned them down because he had strong feelings my project was going to do great things. With the extra roster members, I had to decide exactly how many matches I wanted on my first show. I figured we should aim to impress right out of the gate and use most of our available talent, but I had other phone calls that hadn't been returned yet. [B][U][SIZE="3"] Sunday, Week 1, January 2007[/SIZE][/U][/B] My cell phone was ringing off the hook as I came to terms on pay per appearance deals with almost ten other guys. This made me happy, as everyone on my roster was still working without downsides. Great news for me. I could have these guys to work for me, without having to pay them each month. I eagerly called a meeting to discuss other plans for our new guys and was it was set for Wednesday of the next week. [B][U][SIZE="3"]Wednesday, Week 2, January 2007[/SIZE][/U][/B] We met at my apartment, ordering pizza for the night. We had a lot on our plate other than the pizza. We already had three matches advertised for our first event, which was rapidly approaching. My intial feelings on using most of the roster were gone now, as I could have expected to loose a ton of money doing things that way. We decided to limit the matches to five. We would also need to jump start some storylines for our next month, so we came up with a few ideas for feuds as well. When everyone left at midnight, we had settled on our final card for Dawnings and the promotional fliers went out. [CENTER][B][U][SIZE="5"]AW Dawnings[/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]Fumihiro Ota[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]John Covel[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews[/COLOR] for the Adrenaline Wrestling Heavyweight Championship[/SIZE][/B] [I]We had decided these four men were the best talent to headline our shows and booked them all to compete in a four way for the title. Ota and Covel would give us a little bit of name value to draw. Andrews and Chance would hopefully add something to the match with their skills.[/I] [B][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Frankie Perez[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]Clinton Sage[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Darryl Devine[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]Frankie and Darryl were two other guys who were known names, so we tossed in our own Clinton Sage to get a quality match together. We'd feel out crowd reactions to decide what would happen the next month for the Midwest Championship.[/I] [B][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]Jacob Jett[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]We decided to add this match to open the show with a small taste of what we wanted to get across. Both men were fine workers and should put on a perfect opening contest.[/I] [B][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Brendan Idol[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Angel De Mexico[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]These two guys seemed very similar with their in-ring skills, so we hoped they'd mesh well.[/I] [B][SIZE="2"] [COLOR="Blue"]Remmy Skye[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Red"]William Hayes[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]Once again something looked like it should work, so we decided to give it a try.[/I]

It was time. Dawnings was upon us. We were all nervous, especially myself and Ota. One hiccup came two weeks earlier when our building called and said they had to cancel the booking. We scrambled to find another venue. We did with enough time to get our flyers out with the changed location. We could only get a booking at a much larger venue than we had wanted, so we were already destined to lose money on this one. To make matters worse, Darryl Devine approached us as he arrived and infromed us that he had accepted an offer from SWF. I couldn't hold anything against him, as he was a great talent with a bright future ahead of him. This gave him the exposure and money he deserved. We spent the hour or so before bell time mulling around our options to fill Darryl's place on the roster. We had an abundance of agreements and decided we could make due with what we had. Before we knew it, the show was set to start. [B][U][COLOR="Navy"] [CENTER][SIZE="5"][U]AW Dawnings[/U][/SIZE][/CENTER][/COLOR][/U][/B] [CENTER]at The Junkyard in front of 563 fans[/CENTER] We opened the show with [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tim Buberle[/COLOR][/B] and [COLOR="Red"][B]Neil Morrison[/B][/COLOR] running down the card we had set for our debut. The main event involving [COLOR="Red"][B]Aaron Andrews[/B][/COLOR], [B][COLOR="Blue"]John Covel[/COLOR][/B], [B][COLOR="Red"]Ota[/COLOR][/B] and [COLOR="Blue"][B]Tyler Chance[/B][/COLOR] was the buzz for the night. [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Angel De Mexico[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Brendan Idol[/B][/COLOR] by pinfall. [B][SIZE="3"]E[/SIZE][/B] [I]Was what we were expecting, maybe even just a little better. After the match, they shook hands and walked to the back together.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Jacob Jett[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] by Pinfall after a Jet Take Off. [B][SIZE="3"]D-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Better than we had expected. A combination we would keep in our notes for use down the road. After the match, Jacob Jett played to the crowd, arguing with them as he exited the ringside area. [/I] [COLOR="Blue"][B]Remmy Skye[/B][/COLOR] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]William Hayes[/COLOR][/B] by pinfall. [B][SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] [I]Best match of the night so far. The fans seemed to really connect with Remmy and were behind him heavily during the match. He might get himself regular spots on our shows.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tracy Brendon[/COLOR][/B] comes out to the ring to allow the crowd to soak in the action so far. She shills the t-shirts we are preparing to produce, with our logo on the front. [B][SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [COLOR="Blue"][B]Frankie Perez[/B][/COLOR] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Clinton Sage[/B][/COLOR] and [COLOR="Blue"][B]Darryl Devine[/B][/COLOR] by pinfall after a Perfect Parity on Clinton Sage. [B][SIZE="3"] C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Yet another outstanding match. We had high expectations for this match up and it delivered. Even with Darryl leaving, Clinton and Frankie seemed to be the best choice for the Midwest Title picture, but Sage came at a hefty $1900 a show. We might have to experiment.[/I] [COLOR="Blue"][B]Tyler Chance[/B][/COLOR] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Ota[/COLOR][/B], [COLOR="Red"][B]Aaron Andrews[/B][/COLOR] and [COLOR="Blue"][B]John Covel[/B][/COLOR] by pinfall after the half and half suplex on Aaron Andrews. [B]Tyler Chance wins the AW Heavywight Title [SIZE="3"]B-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A great way to cap off our first event. This match was top notch, as was expected and really gave the fans something to think about heading into our show next month.[/I] As Tyler was celebrating in the ring, [B][COLOR="Red"]Ultimate Phoenix[/COLOR][/B] emerged from the back and blindsided the new champion, bringing a large chorus of boos from the crowd. Once he was satisfied with the damage done to the new champion, he takes control of the stick and cuts a promo saying he is the man that should be carrying this company in its first run to glory. He had the experience and refused to sit back and watch a kid who wasn't old enough to drink yet show him up. He dropped the microphone and stood over his prey, making a belt motion at his waste. [B][SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Overall Rating: D+ [/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [I]I felt good about the show. Our undercard would need a little work, so we'd have to experiment with the talent we had. Our midcard area was looking good, but we had to decide if we wanted to use Clinton every month or not. The main event turned out better than we had expected, so we were thrilled.[/I]

After our first month of operation, I had no contracts to try and re-new yet, so I looked to happenings elsewhere in the business. This is what had happened in January of 2007 [B]Recent News[/B] - AAA rise to Regional size after a successful “Pretty Amazing” event. Interesting to see how they do. - 5SSW Rise to regional size. - Head Booker positions were tossed around like hot potatoes this month. The following changes were made: Marcos Flores took over at MPWF, Arson Wells took over at MOSC, Shaun Gonzalez took over the job at CZCW, Burning EXILE took the reigns of WEXXV, Shane Sneer got the job in RIPW and Ali Bloxsome capped it all off getting the job at ROF. Whew that was a mouthful. - NOTBPW rise to National size and the same week, Canada On-Air drops their TV show. Weird. J- EW opened in central Europe. No concern to me. - Cameron Vessey, son of Larry and nephew to Bryan, and Carlos Gonzalez enter wrestling. Both look to have good skills, I might contact them. [B]Hirings/Firings[/B] - Even with their recent rise, NOTBPW only signed one man, Dog Fyte to their roster. - TCW signed Pat Deacon, Blonde Bombshell, Mike Orlando, and Playboy Jake Sawyer. - SWF gobbled up two guys I really wanted to use in Darryl Devine and Lane Stevens. In addition to those two fine workers, they also signed Puerto Rican Power, Carl Batch, Ryan Richards and Queen Emily. [B]Title Changes[/B] - Ultimate Phoenix and Matt Sparrow dethroned Snap Dragon and Flying Jimmy Fox for the CZCW Tag Team Titles. - Eddie Howard captured the Rip Chord Invitational this year, defeating our own Erik String in the finals. - Rick Sanders and Honest Frank captured tag team gold in NYCW after defeating Wiley Steinway and Coyote Dynamite. - Dark Angel defeated Harrison Hash for the NOTBPW Unlimited Action Title. - Rich Money became a double champion when he and Joe Sexy teamed up to defeat the Biggz Brothers for the SWF Tag Team Titles. - Giant Redwood defeated Jim Force for the USPW National Title.

The morning after Dawnings, we met at my apartment again to discuss the show. We were expecting to take a hit and we did. We lost a little over 11k for the month. Part of the expenditure was explained by having to spend the extra money on a larger venue. The 563 fans was a welcome site by all means, but we thought we’d focus on staying at the slightly smaller Hartman Rec Center for the time being. Our main event storyline had taken off, so we didn’t have to worry much about that. What we did have to worry about was how to mix up what we were doing with our under card. We all agreed Clinton Sage and Frankie Perez was a good pair to build it, but Sage had a large price tag. We decided to go a little bit different of a direction this month, testing some stuff out. After everyone left, I got to work on my computer and the fliers for Afflicted Glory went out. [CENTER][B][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="5"][U]AW Afflicted Glory[/U][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] [B][COLOR="Red"]Ultimate Phoenix[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tyler Chance (c)[/COLOR][/B] [B]for the AW Heavyweight Title[/B] [I]After the attack at the end of last month’s show, Tyler was very upset. He accepted the challenge laid out by Ultimate Phoenix and put his belt on the line.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]John Covel[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews[/COLOR][/B] [I]These two definitely had a few problems last month during the main event, so we’ve thrown them together to give the fans another great match and these guys some time to settle whatever beef they have.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Frankie Perez[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Remmy Skye[/B][/COLOR] [B]for the AW Midwest Title[/B] [I]Both men had impressive victories last month, earning them both the chance to capture gold. This is sure to prove to be a two sided match. Who will come out with the gold?[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Trent Shaffer[/B][/COLOR] vs. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Angel De Mexico[/COLOR][/B] [B]for a chance at the AW LiveWire Championship[/B] [I]All three of these guys are good in the ring and deserve to get a shot at gold. So they’re in a match to see who goes on to Ground Zero with a chance at the Livewire Title.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Brendan Idol[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Red"]K Squared[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Erik Strong[/COLOR][/B] [B]for a chance at the AW LiveWire Championship[/B] [I]One of these men will advance to Ground Zero next month with a chance to capture gold here in Adrenaline Wrestling. Who will it be?[/I] Ultimate Phoenix vs. Tyler Chance © John Covel vs. Aaron Andrews Frankie Perez vs. Remmy Skye Robbie Clavey vs. Trent Shafer vs. Angel De Mexico Brendan Idol vs. K Squared vs. Erik Strong

[QUOTE]AAA rise to National size after a successful “Pretty Amazing” event. Interesting to see how they do.[/QUOTE] AAA going national would be pretty amazing indeed. Are you sure that wasn't regional, or did you edit them? Ultimate Phoenix vs. [B]Tyler Chance[/B] © John Covel vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] [B]Frankie Perez [/B]vs. Remmy Skye Robbie Clavey vs. Trent Shafer vs. [B]Angel De Mexico[/B] [B]Brendan Idol [/B]vs. K Squared vs. Erik Strong Just a suggestion. You may want to do a post of your roster and relative pushes so the readers know where in the pecking order your created guys are, i.e. are the jobbers, main event talent, midcarders?

[B][SIZE="3"]Roster as of Afflicted Glory 2007 (February) [/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="2"]Main Eventers:[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"][B]John Covel[/B][/COLOR] using a Dual Sport Superstar Gimmick with C momentum [B][COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews[/COLOR][/B] using a Strait Edge gimmick with C+ momentum [COLOR="Red"][B]Fumihiro Ota[/B][/COLOR] using a Ninja gimmick with C momentum [B][COLOR="Red"]Ultimate Phoenix[/COLOR][/B] using a Prima Donna gimmick with F- momentum Upper Midcarders: [COLOR="Blue"][B]American Machine[/B][/COLOR] using a Patriot gimmick with F- momentum [COLOR="Red"][B]Façade[/B][/COLOR] using a Maniac gimmick with C+ momentum [COLOR="Blue"][B]Tyler Chance[/B][/COLOR] using an Extremist gimmick with A momentum Midcarders: [COLOR="Blue"][B]Ace Youngbloood[/B][/COLOR] using a Native American gimmick with F- momentum [COLOR="Blue"][B]American Elemental[/B][/COLOR] using a Mysterious gimmick with F- momentum [COLOR="Red"][B]Cameron Vessey[/B][/COLOR] using a Loner gimmick with F- momentum [COLOR="Red"][B]Clinton Sage[/B][/COLOR] using an Old School Heel gimmick with D- momentum [COLOR="Blue"][B]Cyrus Raynes[/B][/COLOR] using a Blue Collar gimmick with D momentum [COLOR="Red"][B]Jacob Jett[/B][/COLOR] using an Egomaniac gimmick with D momentum [COLOR="Blue"][B]Remmy Skye[/B][/COLOR] using a Surfer Dude gimmick with D- momentum [COLOR="Red"][B]Roderick Remus[/B][/COLOR] using a Clubber gimmick with F- momentum [COLOR="Red"][B]William Hayes[/B][/COLOR] using a Prima Donna gimmick with D- momentum Lower Midcarders: [COLOR="Red"][B]Al Coleman[/B][/COLOR] using a Hired Gun gimmick with F- momentum [COLOR="Blue"][B]Angel De Mexico[/B][/COLOR] using a Patriot gimmick with E+ momentum [COLOR="Blue"] [B]Brendan Idol[/B][/COLOR] using an Underdog gimmick with E+ momentum [COLOR="Red"][B]Carlos Gonzalez[/B][/COLOR] using a Punk gimmick with F- momentum [COLOR="Blue"][B]Erik Strong[/B][/COLOR] using a Happy-Go-Lucky gimmick with E+ momentum [COLOR="Blue"][B]Trent Shaffer[/B][/COLOR] using a Clean Cut gimmick with E+ momentum Openers: [COLOR="Red"][B]K-Squared[/B][/COLOR] using a Thief gimmick with E momentum [COLOR="Red"][B]Robbie Clavey[/B][/COLOR] using a ****y Youth gimmick with E+ momentum Enhancement Talents: [COLOR="Red"][B]UK Dragon[/B][/COLOR] using a Legitimate Athlete gimmick with F- momentum Staff/Behind The Scenes: Dewey Libertime as a Referee Jez McArthuer as a Referee Curt O’Malley as a Road Agent Roger Rogers as a Road Agent Tracy Brendon as a Personality

[QUOTE=Dragonmack;329224]AAA going national would be pretty amazing indeed. Are you sure that wasn't regional, or did you edit them? Ultimate Phoenix vs. [B]Tyler Chance[/B] © John Covel vs. [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] [B]Frankie Perez [/B]vs. Remmy Skye Robbie Clavey vs. Trent Shafer vs. [B]Angel De Mexico[/B] [B]Brendan Idol [/B]vs. K Squared vs. Erik Strong Just a suggestion. You may want to do a post of your roster and relative pushes so the readers know where in the pecking order your created guys are, i.e. are the jobbers, main event talent, midcarders?[/QUOTE] Yeah, it was Regional. I've edited it. And the roster has been posted. I had meant to do it.

[CENTER][B][U][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="5"]AW Presents Afflicted Glory[/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/B] At the Hartman Recreation Center in Joliet, Illinois. Attendance: 300[/CENTER] Tim Buberle and Neil Morrison open the show once again, running down the card we have set for our second event. [B][COLOR="blue"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR][/B] defends his newly won AW Heavyweight Title against [B][COLOR="Red"]Ultimate Phoenix[/COLOR][/B] in the main event, [B][COLOR="Blue"]Frankie Perez[/COLOR][/B] takes on [COLOR="Blue"][B]Remmy Skye[/B][/COLOR] for the Midwest Title and six young workers get a shot to have a shot at the Livewire Championship. [SIZE="3"]E+[/SIZE] [COLOR="Blue"][B]Brendan Idol[/B][/COLOR] came to the ring in preparation for his match, playing his smaller size to the crowd. They seem to sympathize with him, though he isn’t facing anyone too much bigger than him. [B][COLOR="Red"]K Squared[/COLOR][/B] came out next, getting some heat from the crowd. He approached the announce position and distracted Tim Buberle, snatching his bottle of water away. In his mind he was the best thief in the world. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Erik Strong[/COLOR][/B] was next to come out, showing no sign of intimidation from the bigger K Squared. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Brendan Idol[/B][/COLOR] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]K Squared[/COLOR][/B] and [COLOR="Blue"][B]Erik Strong[/B][/COLOR] when he submitted Erik Strong at 8:48 [SIZE="3"]E[/SIZE] [I]This match wasn’t bad, but the crowd just was dead during it. Brendan is getting better each time he gets into the ring, which is good.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] comes to the ring, a specific strut in him. In his mind he was the best young guy here. He played to the fans a bit as he got into the ring. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Angel De Mexico[/B][/COLOR] was out next, the crowd just loves him. He gets into the ring and Robbie starts talking trash to him as [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer’s[/COLOR][/B] music hits. The crowd gives him a good reaction as he comes to the ring. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Robbie Clavey[/B][/COLOR] and [COLOR="Blue"][B]Angel De Mexico[/B][/COLOR] by pinfall after the Heart Burn on Robbie Clavey at 12:31 [SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE] [I]The crowd bounces back from their lull during the last match. A good rating for our undercard so far.[/I] Once again, Tracy Brendon came to the ring to shill our t-shirts. This month in addition to the Adrenaline Wrestling shirt from last month, Tyler Chance has a new shirt that says [B]"Take the Chance! You know you want to."[/B] [SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Remmy Skye[/COLOR][/B] emerges from the back, ready to battle [COLOR="Blue"][B]Frankie Perez[/B][/COLOR] for the AW Midwest Championship. He puts Frankie over, crediting his in-ring skill but hopes he can edge him out for the gold. [SIZE="3"]D-[/SIZE] In a surprise event, [B][COLOR="Red"]Jacob Jett[/COLOR][/B] emerges from the back clad in his ring gear. He gets on the stick and goes off about how Frankie Perez turned his backs on the fans and accepted a deal with “a company up North.” Jacob Jett is his replacement in the Midwest Title match and guarantee’s victory against the pitiful and weak Remmy Skye. The crowd really lays into Jett’s ****y attitude. [SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE] [COLOR="Red"][B]Jacob Jett[/B][/COLOR] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Remmy Skye[/B][/COLOR] with a Jet Take Off after a low blow at 11:45. Jacob Jett wins the AW Midwest Title [SIZE="3"]E[/SIZE] [I]The last minute shock of having Frankie Perez drop out on us left us wondering what we could do to be edgy. Remmy and Jacob didn’t mesh well in the ring, which dragged the match in the middle. I think Jacob is going to work out. Just not against Remmy Skye.[/I] [COLOR="Red"][B]Aaron Andrews[/B][/COLOR] came to the ring, proudly holding out his arms to show the fans no markings. He thought he was better than everyone else for being drug-free. Next out was [COLOR="Blue"][B]John Covel[/B][/COLOR]. He came to the ring with his Cubs jersey on, getting a huge reaction from the crowd. They didn’t know much about him, but he was a hometown boy and that got them on his side. [COLOR="Red"][B]Aaron Andrews[/B][/COLOR] defeats [COLOR="Blue"][B]John Covel[/B][/COLOR] by pinfall after a roll-up with a handful of tights at 19:25 [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE] [I]Exactly what we needed to bring the crowd back from the last few segments. Though Covel held a pricy $1500 price tag, he meshed well with Andrews and this could be a nice little feud for us.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Ultimate Phoenix[/COLOR][/B] made his way to the ring for his title match with [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR][/B]. The crowd immediately booed him to their fullest extent. Tyler came out next, boasting his title overhead. They cheered wildly for him as he entered the ring. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Tyler Chance[/B][/COLOR] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Ultimate Phoenix[/B][/COLOR] by DQ at 16:34. [B]Tyler Chance makes defense number 1 of his AW Heavyweight Title.[/B] [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE] [I]Ultimate Phoenix got frustrated that Tyler had an answer for him at every turn and brought the match to a close with a chair shot. The crowd had a lot of heat going for Phoenix. Seems like we could use this at least another month.[/I] [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Overall Rating: C-[/SIZE][/CENTER] [I]Just better than we could have expected in every way. If we continued to put on shows like this, we could start looking to bigger venues. But that was still a time away. Everyone busted their asses tonight and it paid off. We’d just have to wait and see what happened with the finances this month. [/I]

Still no contracts up for renewal. Elsewhere in the news for February 2007. [B]News:[/B] - Razor Valentine grabbed the headlines as he became the owner of the newly opened JEF. - USPW American Wrestling lost its slot on Sports America. - DAVE and INSPIRE both signed new PPV deals. - Plenty of new TV shows were announced. BHOTWG, WLW, PGHW and SWF all got new shows. - Jonni Dyslexic put over Lance Martin and said they’d been hanging out recently. - The Highland Warrior said what a good friend Axl Grease was during an internet interview. - Delirio took some shots at Champagne Lover during an online interview. [B] Signings/Firings:[/B] - NOTBPW filled out their roster by signing Shooter Sean Deeley, Adrian Garcia, The Insane Heat, Jerome Turner, Frankie Perez and Harry Wilson. - CGC signed Ted Ross, Derek Frost, Jerry Martin and Marty Papin. - TCW filled a gap by signing Freddie Datsun. [B]Title Changes:[/B] - John Maverick defeated Shooter Sean Deeley for the CGC Canadian Title. - JD Morgan and Joey Minnesota quickly ended Alex Braun and Tank Bradley’s DAVE Tag Team Title reign without and defenses.

Tim, Neil, Ota and I all met a couple days after Afflicted Glory in my apartment. A lot of things needed to be discussed. Going with the smaller venue, we had only lost 8k. That seemed very reasonable to us at the time, so we decided to stick with the Hartman Rec Center. WE would keep a close eye on fan following, so we could make the jump to the bigger venues when the time was right. It was true, Frankie Perez had accepted a deal with NOTBPW to be apart of their expansion. It didn’t seem likely, but I hoped they’d jump the gun and lose their foothold. I had great visions about what that man could have been, but what can you do? I had taken some time to look at TEW.com and saw they were listing us as small promotion and giving us minimal coverage on their site, saying our shows had been out performing some of the bigger promotions as of late. That made us smile. Two roster moves I decided to make were to inform UK Dragon and American Elemental that we’d be terminating their agreements. They were taking bookings in WLW on Saturdays over us, which wasn’t that big of a deal. I knew the game of making the most money on the independents, so more power to them. To fill the gap we now had, I had called in a little surprise for our next event, Ground Zero. He had just debuted in the wrestling business, but I felt he had tons of potential. Now we had the task of deciding on our lower card feuds. After a few long hours of deliberation, we came up with what we thought was reasonable match ups for Ground Zero, one month away. [B][U][CENTER][SIZE="5"]AW presents Ground Zero[/SIZE][/CENTER][/U][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Ultimate Phoenix[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Tyler Chance ©[/B][/COLOR] [B]for the AW Heavyweight Title[/B] [I]Ultimate Phoenix gets another shot at the Heavyweight Title after the events at Afflicted Glory. Tyler was said to be upset at the way the match ended, feeling the fans deserve a clear cut winner. So he has agreed to put his title on the line again, to give the fans what they deserve.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Blue"]John Covel[/COLOR][/B] [I]John Covel was upset at Andrews’ underhanded tactics to win their last meeting and demanded a rematch.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Cyrus Raynes[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Jacob Jett ©[/B][/COLOR] [B]for the AW Midwest Title[/B] [I]Jett surprised everyone last month by putting himself in place of a departed Frankie Perez and capturing the Midwest Title. Cyrus Raynes makes his debut in Adrenaline Wrestling with a huge opportunity.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Remmy Skye[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Cameron Vessey[/B][/COLOR] Cameron Vessey makes his debut against early fan favorite Remmy Skye. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Brendan Idol[/COLOR][/B] [B]for the AW LiveWire Title[/B] [I]These two men won their respective three way matches at Afflicted Glory to earn the opportunity to capture gold in Adrenaline Wrestling. Which of these young up and comers will take the first step in stardom?[/I] Ultimate Phoenix vs. Tyler Chance © Aaron Andrews vs. John Covel Cyrus Raynes vs. Jacob Jett © Remmy Skye vs. Cameron Vessey Trent Shaffer vs. Brendan Idol

[CENTER][B][U][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="5"]AW presents Ground Zero[/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/B] [B]At the Hartman Recreation Center in Joliet, Illinois Attendance: 300[/B][/CENTER] Tim Buberle and Neil Morrison opened the show by going over tonight’s match-ups. Another page in the story of Tyler Chance and Ultimate Phoenix. Jacob Jett defends his newly won Midwest Title against newcomer Cyrus Raynes as two youngsters get the opportunity to capture gold of their own. [B][SIZE="3"]E+[/SIZE][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] comes to the ring to a nice reaction. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Brendan Idol’s[/COLOR][/B] reaction is similar as he comes to the ring, focused on beating the bigger man. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] defeats [COLOR="Blue"][B]Brendan Idol[/B][/COLOR] by pinfall after a Heart Burn at 12:46. [B]Trent Shaffer wins the AW LiveWire title.[/B] [B][SIZE="3"]E[/SIZE][/B] [I]Perfectly acceptable match by these two that should establish our lower card.[/I] [COLOR="Blue"][B]Remmy Skye[/B][/COLOR] comes to the ring, acting cool and Californian, playing off his Surfer gimmick. The he slaps hands with the crowd before entering the ring. [COLOR="Red"][B]Cameron Vessey[/B][/COLOR] comes out next, debuting in AW. Immediately he begins shouting things at the Joliet crowd, causing them to boo. [COLOR="Red"][B] Cameron Vessey[/B][/COLOR] defeats [B][COLOR="Blue"]Remmy Skye[/COLOR][/B] by pinfall after a Vessey Driver at 13:52. [B][SIZE="3"]D-[/SIZE][/B] [I]The crowd just isn’t into us tonight. They’ve been kind of dead during the first two matches, which haven’t been horrible.[/I] Tracy Brendon comes to the ring for her normal t-shirt shill to allow a break in the matches. This week she’s got the new Aaron Andrews shirt that says “Drug Free.” [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Cyrus Raynes[/COLOR][/B] comes to the ring for his debut match. The crowd recognizes him from some other independent bookings and connects with his as he gets into the ring. Their cheers turn to boos as [B][COLOR="Red"]Jacob Jett[/COLOR][/B] comes out, bragging to fans about how good he is. [B][COLOR="Red"]Jacob Jett[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Cyrus Raynes[/B][/COLOR] by pinfall after a Jett Take Off at 11:37. [B]Jacob Jett makes defense number one of his AW Midwest Title. [SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Finally some life out of the crowd! A fine match that we might take use of later on down the road. Nice debut for one of my friends.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]John Covel[/COLOR][/B] comes next, looking to get a foothold in his battle with Aaron Andrews. The crowd cheers him on, but he looks more serious than the first few appearances. [COLOR="Red"][B]Andrews[/B][/COLOR] comes out, preaching to one of the fans about how they should quit doing Cocaine. [B][COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews[/COLOR][/B] defeats [COLOR="Blue"][B]John Covel[/B][/COLOR] by pinfall after an Omega Driver at 14:31 [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] Covel was in control for most of the match, but towards the end, [COLOR="Red"][B]Cameron Vessey[/B][/COLOR] came out after a ref bump and attacked him. This allowed Andrews time to recover and take advantage to hit his belly to back piledriver finish. A good match that the crowd got into. After the match, [COLOR="Red"][B]Cameron[/B][/COLOR] and [COLOR="Red"][B]Aaron[/B][/COLOR] continue to beat down on Covel, as the crowd laid into them with boos. Suddenly, they erupted in cheers as the cavalry came running down to save Covel. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith[/B][/COLOR] has come to AW! [B][SIZE="3"]E+[/SIZE][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Ultimate Phoenix[/COLOR][/B] comes to the ring, getting boos all around. He folds his arms once in the ring and shuts his eyes, acting as if he doesn’t hear the reaction. The crowd erupts when [COLOR="Blue"][B]Tyler[/B][/COLOR] comes out and thrusts his title into the air. [B]Tyler Chance[/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Ultimate Phoenix[/B][/COLOR] by pinfall after a Half and Half Suplex at 16:41. [B]Tyler Chance makes defense number two of his AW Heavyweight Title. [SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]A very back and forth match up that saw numerous near falls the crowd could get into. Phoenix misses a Phoenix Splash, allowing Tyler to make his comeback and hit his finish.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Phoenix[/COLOR][/B] wasn’t happy after the match and took the opportunity to attack [COLOR="Blue"][B]Tyler[/B][/COLOR]. The crowd is really behind Tyler and booing Phoenix. [B][SIZE="3"]E+[/SIZE][/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]Overall Rating: C-[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [I] Another good showing in front of a sell out. Our main event feud is developing nicely, as well as the story with Andrews and Covel. So far our success is nice, but we’ll have to see what kind of losses we took on this show.[/I]

I did have one important contract to re-new. Aaron Andrews was up for renewal and I knew I needed him back to continue his program with John Covel. He did want a slight pay increase and a downside, which wasn’t a problem to me or Ota, because he’d probably be on each show anyway. I had ended our agreements with UK Dragon and American Elemental and signed on Brandon Smith. In addition to that I sent out some working agreement requests and got the nods from USPW, MAW and 4C. Now, other news from the wrestling world in March of 2007. [B]News:[/B] Lots of retirees this month as Elemental II, Namiyo Muro, Junko Hayakawa, Nikki Power and Doctor Insane all hung their boots up. MAW, the Hinote Dojo and RIPW all rose to small size while TCW fell to Cult size. I’ll have to keep my eye on them to see if the release any talent I could make money from. Dave and GCG both ended the run of a TV show. Thunder Hike said some good things about Gorgon during a radio show. [B]Signings/Firings:[/B] Emma Bitch, Principessa, Nene Ebina all signed up to tour with 5SSW. American Elemental, Hell Monkey and our own William Hayes are going to be touring with GCG. Tsurayuki Kamachi, Henry Lee and Fox Max are all touring with WLW. MAW signed Roger Dodger and Shane Sneer. Eddie Turner signed a deal with RIPW, looking to get the call up to the successful SWF. SWF also signed Brains McGhee to a developmental deal. NOTBPW continued their expansion by signing Whippy the Clown. Bruce the Giant left USPW, feeling he was too big for them. In what sense? [B] Title Changes:[/B] Sayeed Ali defeated Brett Fraser for the 4C Hardcore Championship USPW continues to show their booking mind as Warlord Pain defeated Giant Redwood for the USPW National Title. The USPW World title was left vacant after Bruce the Giant left the company.

We all met up for our monthly creative meeting a few days after Ground Zero. We were all pleased with how it went and began discussing plans for our April event, rightfully titled “We’re No Joke.” We all liked how our main event feud was developing, but thought it could do better. Brandon Smith’s debut was nice and firmly placed him in the upper card ranks. I also went over an angle I had thought off the night before and everyone had a warm reception for it. It was going to take a long time to develop, but we knew it would pay dividends when we completed it. Our search went on for the man to do this with. We knew Clinton Sage or Aaron Andrews was perfect for it, but we had our reasons not to use them. We pushed that aside for the time being and began deciding on a card. We had lost slightly over 8k again for Ground Zero and decided to take a risk, adding a few more matches to this card. [CENTER][B][U][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Navy"]AW presents We’re No Joke[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U] At the Hartman Recreation Center in Joliet, Illinois[/B][/CENTER] [B][COLOR="Red"]Ota[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tyler Chance ©[/COLOR][/B] [B]for the AW Heavyweight Title[/B] [I]Ultimate Phoenix has informed us he can’t be present at the show, so we’ve given an opportunity to Ota to dethrone the proud champion. [/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]John Covel and Bulldozer Brandon[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Smith[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Red"]Aaron Andrews and Cameron Vessey[/COLOR][/B] [I]Cameron Vessey aligned himself with the straight edge Aaron Andrews at Ground Zero. At the same time, Brandon Smith debuted in AW by helping to run off John Covel’s foes. We’ve given them this match to try and get a measure of revenge on the attackers.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Ace Youngblood[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Jacob Jett ©[/B][/COLOR] [B]for the AW Midwest Title[/B] [I]Jacob Jett has been on a tear, furthering his ego, by capturing the Midwest Championship and defending it. Can Ace Youngblood knock him off his pedestal?[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"] Remmy Skye[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]William Hayes[/B][/COLOR] [I]Remmy Skye has suffered a few heartbreakers in AW and is looking to turn his luck around. He takes on the debuting William Hayes. Will Hayes be able to put up a fight, or will jet lag from his tour with GCG play a factor?[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Thomas Morgan[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Trent Shaffer ©[/B][/COLOR] [B]for the AW LiveWire Title[/B] [I]Trent Shaffer captured the LiveWire Title at Ground Zero. Will he be able to defend his title, or will the debuting Thomas Morgan end his reign with no defenses?[/I] Ota vs. Tyler Chance © John Covel and Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs. Aaron Andrews and Cameron Vessey Ace Youngblood vs. Jacob Jett © Remmy Skye vs. William Hayes Thomas Morgan vs. Trent Shaffer ©

[B][CENTER][U][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="5"]AW presents We’re No Joke[/SIZE][/COLOR][/U] At the Hartman Recreation Center in Joliet, Illinois Attendance: 300[/CENTER][/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Pre-Show[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] Tim and Neil opened the show again, running down the card for the night. They really hyped up the main event and the tag team sub-main event. [SIZE="3"][B]E+[/B][/SIZE] Carlos Gonzalez comes to the ring for his in-ring debut, really playing to the crowd. Erik Strong was out next, getting a nice reaction. Gonzalez jumped him before the bell. [B][COLOR="Red"]Carlos Gonzalez[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]Erik Strong[/COLOR][/B] by pinfall at 7:58 [B][SIZE="3"]E-[/SIZE][/B] [I]Crowd wasn’t really into the match after the entrances. Not stellar but average in-ring performance by both men.[/I] K-Squared came to the ring, in a sneaky fashion. He came to the announce table and once again distracted Tim Buberle, snatching his bottle of water. He made his way into the ring, happy with his work. His happiness quickly went away when the lights dimmed and the monster Façade came through the curtain. [B][COLOR="Red"]Façade[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]K-Squared[/B][/COLOR] by pinfall after a Vindication at 3:54 [B][SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] [I]Façade dominated the match, with K-Squared getting little offense in past a few punches. We’re really hoping to get Façade over as our masked monster and this seemed to be a good way to debut him.[/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"] Main Show[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Thomas Morgan came out for his shot at the LiveWire Title. Trent Shaffer came to the ring to the crowd’s pleasure. He slapped hands with the fans before entering the ring. He offered a handshake to Thomas Morgan to show his level of nice, but got a forearm to the face for his troubles. The crowd turned against Morgan, much to his pleasure. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] defeats [COLOR="Red"][B]Thomas Morgan[/B][/COLOR] by pinfall after a Heart Burn at 12:46. [B]Trent Shaffer makes defense number one of his LiveWire championship [SIZE="3"]E+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Not sure if it was everyone getting into their seats or what, but the crowd wasn’t really into this match either. Both put on good work, I feel their styles mesh well. I’ll probably have them meet up again sometime.[/I] Remmy Skye came to the ring, decked out in a Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses, acting cool as usual. William Hayes entered next; making sure all the ladies in the ring noticed his body. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Remmy Skye[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]William Hayes[/B][/COLOR] by pinfall after a Skye Driver at 13:24 [B][SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] [I]The crowd was into this one, but Remmy just wasn’t at his best. I’ll have to have a talk with him to see what was up.[/I] Tracy Brendon came out and shilled our t-shirts again. She had Jacob Jett’s shirt that said “Take a ride on a Jett plane.” [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]This segment is really proving to be worthwhile. Tracy is a pretty girl and has no problem coming out to give the crowd a thrill.[/I] Ace Youngblood came out with some traditional Native American dress. The crowd seemed to temporarily buy into his commitment to his heritage. Jacob Jett was out next, talking trash to fans and Youngblood as he did. [COLOR="Red"][B]Jacob Jett[/B][/COLOR] defeated [COLOR="Blue"][B]Ace Youngblood[/B][/COLOR] by pinfall after a Jett Take Off at 10:03. [B]Jacob Jett makes defense number two of his Midwest Championship [SIZE="3"]E+[/SIZE][/B] [I]I knew this wasn’t going to be a stellar match, but it let me down a bit as I thought the two could do better together. To make it worse, the break in the action Tracy had given the crowd didn’t seem like enough and they we’re into it. [/I] John Covel and Brandon Smith came out next to a huge reaction from the crowd. Covel was decked out in his Cubs jersey again. The two seemed confident for their match. Aaron Andrews and Cameron Vessey came through the curtain as each of them played to a different side of the crowd. Andrews wore his “Drug Free” shirt again, while Cameron wore a look of determination. He looks like the Man on a Mission part. [B][COLOR="Red"] Aaron Andrews and Cameron Vessey[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Blue"]John Covel and Bulldozer Brandon Smith[/COLOR][/B] by pinfall after interference by [COLOR="Red"][B]Al Coleman[/B][/COLOR] at 15:46 [B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]John Covel had Vessey set up for his top rope brainbuster finish when Al Coleman came from the back and gave Covel a low blow. This allowed Andrews and Vessey to take control. Andrews with the Omega Driver on Brandon. We learned that Cameron Vessey can’t go 16 minutes, even in a tag match.[/I] After the match, [COLOR="Red"][B]Al Coleman[/B][/COLOR] rejoined [COLOR="Red"][B]Andrews[/B][/COLOR] and [COLOR="Red"][B]Vessey[/B][/COLOR] in the ring. Andrews got on the stick and put over the two young workers before announcing their alliance as [B]The Fury of the Storm.[/B] [COLOR="Blue"][B]Covel[/B][/COLOR] and [B][COLOR="Blue"]Smith[/COLOR][/B] headed to the back, visibly upset at being cheated again. [B][SIZE="3"]D-[/SIZE][/B] Ota came to the ring for only the second time since our opening. The crowd remembered his underhanded tactics from the four way at our debut show and showed him some “love.” He really didn’t mind it at all. The crowd turned to cheers as Tyler Chance pushed through the curtain, thrusting his title high. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Ota[/COLOR][/B] by DQ at 20:54 after [COLOR="Red"][B]Ultimate Phoenix[/B][/COLOR] ran in and attacked the champion. [B]Tyler chance makes defense number three of his Heavyweight Championship [SIZE="3"]C+[/SIZE][/B] [I]This is exactly what I was hoping for this match. Ota wasn’t quite ready for the 21 minutes they went, but the two combined for a match that the fans really got behind. Chance really played his Extremist gimmick here, coming off the top rope with numerous attacks. The crowd was hot after Phoenix entered, not expected to be here tonight.[/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Overall Rating: C[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I] A very nice show that was up to par with our previous events, even with a sort of dead crowd. I was pleased with how The Fury of the Storm idea was going over so far as well as how into the main event the crowd was. We had a few options going into next months show there, we’ll have to wait and see.[/I]

I didn’t have any contracts to deal with this month, but I did send out an offer. I really hope it’s accepted, he’d be a huge addition to our roster. He just showed a TON of potential. Without much else happening, here was the news from April 2007. [B]Recent News:[/B] NOTBPW lost their foothold, like I thought they might and fell to Cult size again. I watched very closely for a Frankie Perez release, but no luck. SAISHO rose to Small size. Alicia Strong, daughter of Sam, entered the wrestling business. She definitely looks like she has a load of potential, but we have no plans of a women’s division. TCW continues to take blows as they’re TV show was pulled by GNN Total Sports. [B]Signings/Firings[/B] MAW signed Jakki White Trash. Citizen X signed on with 4C. Mick Muscles and Jim Force signed with CGC. Fate left CGC. [B]Title Changes:[/B] Ricky DeColt captured the CGC Canadian Championship from John Maverick after 9 defenses. Jeremy Stone and Dan Stone Jr. won the Ed Henson Memorial Tag Team Cup for the third time. Edd Stone defeated Dark Angel for the NOTBPW Unlimited Action Championship after 14 defenses. Brett Biggz defeated Zimmy Bumfhole for the SWF Shooting Star Championship. WTF? Genghis Rahn defeated Rocky Golden to capture the TCW International Championship after 10 defenses. Demon Spite won the vacant USPW World Title.

The booking meeting commenced at my apartment with me, Ota, Tim and Neil present. WE were fairly pleased with We’re No Joke, as TEW.com listed it as our best show yet. We had a lot to build off of from last month, in the main event and else where. We took another big hit in the pocket, losing 13k from the show. Our test to have more matches failed with the smaller venues, so we decided five matches was the best we could do. That meant lower card talent would have to be rotated. I was hoping to get a reply from my offer soon; he’d be a great surprise for our next show. We figured we’d use Ota and me this show to try and get our fans into it completely. Ota had a set spot in the main event, while we needed to decide where I’d fit in. We also talked about the economy and the wrestling industry; they were both almost rock bottom and still falling. I hoped they’d turn around soon. We needed it. After almost a full day of deliberation, we sent out the fliers for No Retreat, No Surrender. [B][CENTER][U][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Navy"]Adrenaline Wrestling presents No Retreat, No Surrender[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U] At the Hartman Recreation Center in Joliet, Illinois[/CENTER][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Ultimate Phoenix[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Ota[/B][/COLOR] vs. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tyler Chance ©[/COLOR][/B] [B]for the AW Heavyweight Championship[/B] [I]Ota wasn’t happy after Phoenix ran in and cost him his title match. So instead of simply giving him a rematch, we’ve thrown Ultimate Phoenix into the fold as well, so he can get some retribution.[/I] [COLOR="Red"][B]The Fury of the Storm[/B][/COLOR] vs. [B][COLOR="Blue"]John Covel and Bulldozer Brandon Smith[/COLOR] in a 3 on 2 handicap match[/B] [I]After the past few months, Aaron Andrews, Cameron Vessey and Al Coleman have all gotten cheap licks in on John Covel and Brandon Smith. Managemtn knew if this had been made a tag team amtch, the third member of The Fury of the Storm would have gotten involved anyway, so they’ve booked this handicap match.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Angel De Mexico[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Red"]Jacob Jett ©[/COLOR][/B] [B]for the AW Midwest Championship[/B] [I]Jacob Jett has continued his winning ways, defending his Midwest title twice since capturing it. Angel De Mexico has a huge opportunity to dethrone the champion as he gets his shot at the gold.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]K-Squared[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer ©[/COLOR][/B] [B]for the AW LiveWire Championship[/B] [I]K-Squared was very upset after losing to Façade in such a dominating fashion at We’re No Joke. He begged for an opportunity to repair his image, so we gave him a shot at the LiveWire Championship. Will Trent Shaffer crush the challenger’s hopes; or will K-Squared steal something other than a bottle of water?[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"] Erik Strong[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Red"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] Two young men get an opportunity to show their stuff in out show opener. Ultimate Phoenix vs. Ota vs. Tyler Chance © The Fury of the Storm vs. John Covel and Bulldozer Brandon Smith Angel De Mexico vs. Jacob Jett © K-Squared vs. Trent Shaffer © Erik Strong vs. Robbie Clavey

[B][CENTER][U][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="5"]Adrenaline Wrestling presents No Retreat, No Surrender[/SIZE][/COLOR][/U] At the Hartman Recreation Center in Joliet, Illinois Attendance: 300[/CENTER][/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]Pre-Show[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] Tim Buberle and Neil Morrison do their standard open to the show, hyping up the matches we’ll see tonight. Their main topic is the main event triple threat match for the Heavyweight Title, but also touch upon the other title defenses and the three on two handicap match. [B][SIZE="3"]D-[/SIZE][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Davis Wayne Newton[/COLOR][/B] defeats [B][COLOR="Red"]Thomas Morgan[/COLOR][/B] by pinfall after a Fisherman’s Suplex at 7:40 [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]I got the kid I wanted to and debuted him immediately in an un-announced match. His debut went over well, the crowd was into him. I originally didn’t have a gimmick for him, but with the strong connection Newton had made with the crowd, I knew what it was going to be next month.[/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Main Show[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Erik Strong[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Robbie Clavey[/COLOR][/B] by pinfall after a Strong Sault at 7:56 [B][SIZE="3"]D+[/SIZE][/B] [I]Erik and I worked extremely well together and the crowd was really into the match. We had never been in the ring together and after this bout, I felt like we could do something special down the road. We both just needed the right build-up to make it significant.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Trent Shaffer[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]K-Squared[/B][/COLOR] by pinfall after a Heart Burn at 11:35. [B]Trent Shaffer makes defense number two of his LiveWire Championship [SIZE="3"]E[/SIZE][/B] [I]Not knowing how well the last match was going to go over, this match just killed the crowd. Shaffer and K-Squared worked well enough together, they just shouldn’t have gone on after my match. And that’s not me being ****y.[/I] [COLOR="Red"][B]The Fury of the Storm[/B][/COLOR] came to the ring next. The crowd really hates them. Andrews gets on the stick and puts themselves over, bragging about their dominance since aligning themselves together. He then speaks about how they plan to continue that dominance tonight against John Covel and Bulldozer Brandon Smith. [B][SIZE="3"]E+[/SIZE][/B] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Angel De Mexico[/COLOR][/B] defeated [COLOR="Red"][B]Jacob Jett[/B][/COLOR] by count out at 14:39. [B]Jacob Jett makes defense number 3 of his Midwest Championship [SIZE="3"]E+[/SIZE][/B] [I]I never expected this. These two just didn’t mesh well at all. On paper in looked as they would, but the match ended up awkward. The crowd ended up just as disappointed as I was and became dead during the match. The only good thing about the match is how well they pulled off the concept of Angel De Mexico getting in a lot of good offense and Jacob Jett bailing to the back to get counted out, thus saving his title.[/I] Tracy Brendon came out for her monthly t-shirt shill. She fired some into the crowd as usual and displayed the classics of Aaron Andrews, Tyler Chance and the AW logo, [B]but also debuted a Fury of the Storm shirt that had a tornado on the back, with the three member’s faces embedded in the clouds. [SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]A nice little pick-me-up for the crowd. And they got some free t-shirts out of it. [/I] [B][COLOR="blue"]John Covel and Bulldozer Brandon Smith[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]The Fury of the Storm[/COLOR][/B] after Brandon Smith pinned Al Coleman with a Backdrop Driver at 11:31. [B][SIZE="3"]C-[/SIZE][/B] [I]This match was just great in numerous ways. The formula was played to perfection by these five men as The Fury of the Storm dominated most of the match, but the good guys came out of nowhere to secure victory. The pinfall came as Covel was being double teamed on the outside by Andrews and Vessey, allowing Brandon Smith to hit the backdrop Driver on Coleman for the pin.[/I] After the match, [B][COLOR="Red"]Andrews[/COLOR][/B] instructed his men to the back and remained to confront [B][COLOR="Blue"]Covel[/COLOR][/B]. The two came face to face, exchanged heated words without a microphone and even came to shoves before the locker room emptied to separate the men. [B][SIZE="3"]D[/SIZE][/B] [I]This is perfect to set up a match between the two next month. It was also perfect because I was able to use talent already on the show as the peace makers, allowing me to save money; which is always good.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tyler Chance[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Ota[/COLOR][/B] and [COLOR="Red"][B]Ultimate Phoenix[/B][/COLOR] when he pinned Ota after a Stemcell Research at 14:40. [B]Tyler Chance makes defense number four of his Heavyweight Championship. [SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B] [I]This match was great and had a lot of great three man spots. My favorite was Tyler trying to take Ota over with a sunset flip, when Ota fought out and leaped into the air, intending on double stomping his chest. Tyler rolled out of the way as Ultimate Phoenix came in and caught Ota with a sit out powerbomb.[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Ota[/COLOR][/B] and [COLOR="Blue"][B]Tyler[/B][/COLOR] left the ring after the match, but [COLOR="Red"][B]Phoenix[/B][/COLOR] was late to recover. Before leaving he got on the stick and began cutting down Tyler Chance. His main point was that he hadn’t been pinned in the last two matches and deserved a one on one shot at the title. [B][SIZE="3"]E[/SIZE][/B] [I]And here is where we learn that Phoenix just can’t work the stick. The crowd was kind of restless at this point, and didn’t care all too much. The good thing is it helped to set up our main event for next month.[/I] [B][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Overall Rating: D-[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [I] Not nearly as good as our previous shows, the crowd was just bland. We needed to recover next month with a good showing to show we weren’t fizzling out already. Our main event was set and we had something to work with in the Covel/Andrews debacle, so we’d just have to think it out and make it a winner.[/I]

One contract issue I took care of was letting Roger Rogers go. We didn’t really have a need for two road agents, as it was costing us money each month. No other issues were present this month, so this is what happened elsewhere in May of 2007. [B]Recent News:[/B] - TCW regained some ground by getting a new TV show on The Pop! Network. - MPWF will also be debuting a new show on Los Deporte Hoy. [B]Signings/Firings:[/B] -CZCW must have been watching us as they signed Cyrus Raynes to a ppa deal - Nathan Coleman, Toshinobu Taku, Merle O’Curle and Larry Wood were all contacted to tour with INSPIRE - WEXXV set up their roster for the next tour by signing Nyoko To****ala and Arata Yasuhrio. At the same time they contacted Toyokuni Hardcore and our former UK Dragon to tour with them. - Bruce the Giant ended his job search by signing with SWF. - SWF released Enygma. - 5SSW really clean house as they released Ochiyo Iijma, Umeko Karube, Chitose Ariwara, Tsuki Kawamata and Gorgon. - 21CW released Davey Celtic. [B] Title Changes:[/B] - DJ Reason defeated Nightmare for the 21CW United Kingdom Championship - Remmy Skye won the vacant CZCW Xtreme Championship - Alex Braun and Tank Bradley reclaimed the DAVE Tag Team Titles from JD Morgan and Joey Minnesota - Helen Heels defeated Melody Cuthill for the NOTBPW Women’s Championship - John Greed and Atlas defeated Justin Sensitive and Raphael for the RIPW Tag Team Titles. - UK Dragon defeated Haru Kurofuji for the WEXXV Show Stealer Championship - Dark Eagle defeated Bairei Yasujiro for the WEXXV Universal Title.

Tim, Neil, Ota and I all met for our monthly creative meeting a few days after No Retreat, No Surrender. I opened by letting them know I had sent some offers out to a few workers who had just been released by SWF after their fall in size. We all knew they would probably decline our offer with the bigger promotions in the area, but it was worth a shot. Ota was quick to remind me about the money goal we had set. I knew if they had accepted our offers they would probably want lucrative money and I was going to use extreme caution in negotiating. That brought us to our losses for the month. We had cut them a bit by using less talent, but were still up at a little bit over 9k for the month. We were happy that they had dropped, but still weren’t happy that the economy and industry were still falling to rock bottom. We discussed raising prices a small amount for our next show. Nobody objected to giving it a try, so we went ahead with it. Discussion then advanced to our plans for our next show. In the middle of our conversation my self phone rang and I darted into the other room. I remained absent for over a half hour before returning and breaking the news that I had come to terms on a deal with a semi-big name. Our discussion continued, now trying to figure out where he could fit in at our next show, and decided to make it a surprise to the fans. A few hours later, we had decided on a card and I prepared the flyers for Summer Scorcher. [B][CENTER][U][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="5"]Adrenaline Wrestling presents Summer Scorcher[/SIZE][/COLOR][/U] at the Hartman Recreation Center in Joliet, Illinois[/CENTER][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Ultimate Phoenix[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B][COLOR="Blue"]Tyler Chance ©[/COLOR][/B] [B]in a ladder match for the AW Heavyweight Championship[/B] [I]These two have been the hot topic of Adrenaline Wrestling since its inception. They look to hopefully settle their beef with each other in what should prove to be a tremendous spectacle.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]John Covel[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Aaron Andrews[/B][/COLOR] [B]in a two out of three falls match[/B] [I]Can these two settle their score? Each has enlisted the help of other wrestlers in the past few months. Covel got a one up on Andrews at No Retreat, No Surrender as he successfully defeated The Fury of the Storm with a huge help from Bulldozer Brandon Smith. Can Covel go two in a row this month?[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Bulldozer Brandon Smith[/COLOR][/B] vs. [B]???[/B] [I]Brandon Smith has been a big part in John Covel’s fight against The Fury of the Storm. This month he looks to grab some success of his own as he faces off against a debuting worker. Not much ahs been relayed about the man set to show up at Summer Scorcher, but Smith ahs said he’s ready for anything.[/I] [B][COLOR="Blue"]Davis Wayne Newton[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Red"][B]Jacob Jett ©[/B][/COLOR] [B][B]for the AW Midwest Championship[/B][/B] [I]Davis Wayne Newton made a successful debut last month, defeating Thomas Morgan. This month he gets a chance to defeat Jacob Jett and claim gold in only his second match. Will Newton pull out the win or will Jacob Jett be running for his life?[/I] [B][COLOR="Red"]Al Coleman[/COLOR][/B] vs. [COLOR="Blue"][B]Trent Shaffer ©[/B][/COLOR] [B]for the AW LiveWire Championship[/B] [I]Al Coleman aligned himself with Aaron Andrews, giving his career a boost immediately. Will Trent Shaffer make another successful defense or will the rising star take some gold back to the Fury of the Storm?[/I] Ultimate Phoenix vs. Tyler Chance © John Covel vs. Aaron Andrews Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs. ??? Davis Wayne Newton vs. Jacob Jett © Al Coleman vs. Trent Shaffer ©

Archived