It seems to me that a lot of the fighters are based off real fighters. These are who i came up with. Fessik - Fedor Fernando Amaro - Matt Lindland Jack Humphreys - Matt Hughes Sean Morrison - Sean Sherk Go Yammato - Gomi James Foster - Randy Couture Tim Boyer - Tim Sylvia?

A couple connections I made, along with why I made them... Hiro Arai - Sakuraba (both have the excitement/popularity factor, likely protected from major competition) Roberto Aldez - Mix between Cro Cop (both have seen major success in Japan, specializing in brutal head kick KOs) and Wanderlei Silva (both are Brazilian Muay Thai KO machines) Leon Banks - Rampage (both have big slams, are highly ranked but often underestimated, and successful in Japan) Jerezo - Murilo Bustamante (both are early MW champions and experienced BJJ practitioners)

[QUOTE=Jacko00;330905]It seems to me that a lot of the fighters are based off real fighters. These are who i came up with. Fessik - Fedor Fernando Amaro - Matt Lindland Jack Humphreys - Matt Hughes Sean Morrison - Sean Sherk Go Yammato - Gomi James Foster - Randy Couture[/QUOTE] i do not think go yamamoto is anything like takanori gomi gomi is a very good wrestler as where go yamamoto is not i was thinking he is kinda like kid yamamoto but not really...

jeff carlton reminds me of kevin randleman, heavyweight champ back in the day in ufc/gamma then went to pride/alpha-1 after losing the belt and has been there since. Carlos De Guia reminds me of a younger, smaller version of anderson silva, looks and style wise

[QUOTE=syndicate;330922]i do not think go yamamoto is anything like takanori gomi gomi is a very good wrestler as where go yamamoto is not i was thinking he is kinda like kid yamamoto but not really...[/QUOTE] Go Yammamoto is wayyyy more similar to the fireball kid then he is to Kid for one reason and you already mentioned it.....wrestling Kid is an extremely talented wrestler

[QUOTE=rjhabeeb;330998]Go Yammamoto is wayyyy more similar to the fireball kid then he is to Kid for one reason and you already mentioned it.....wrestling Kid is an extremely talented wrestler[/QUOTE] Are you saying that Kid Yammamoto isn't an extremely talented wrestler?

[QUOTE=rjhabeeb;330998]Go Yammamoto is wayyyy more similar to the fireball kid then he is to Kid for one reason and you already mentioned it.....wrestling Kid is an extremely talented wrestler[/QUOTE] gomi is a far better wrestler then kid yamamoto not to say kid yamamoto is not a good wrestler because he is but his department is in the stand up area as where gomi is good at stand up but far better on the ground at wrestling and go yamamoto is very weak on the ground

[QUOTE=syndicate;331029]gomi is a far better wrestler then kid yamamoto not to say kid yamamoto is not a good wrestler because he is but his department is in the stand up area as where gomi is good at stand up but far better on the ground at wrestling and go yamamoto is very weak on the ground[/QUOTE] Kid was training for the Olympics in wrestling before he got injured. He's an extremely talented wrestler. At a higher level than Gomi for sure, but he's seldom had to use it in his MMA career because his striking/strength advantage is so high at his weight. Gomi is probably better at submissions, but if we're talking straight wrestling I definitely don't think so.

[QUOTE=Dopefish;331115]Foster reminds me a lot more of a Tito than a Randy. Foster can get knocked out far to easy while Randy has only had one fighter knock him out and he's been in there with some of the best knockout guys the UFC has had.[/QUOTE] But Foster is "The King Of Ground and Pound" Couture is known for Ground and Pound, all american shorts, Couture is known as Captain America. Older most known fighter in the game like Randy Couture. I would also say that Raul Hughes is most like Chuck Liddell for the KO artist that he is.

[QUOTE=Jacko00;331130]But Foster is "The King Of Ground and Pound" Couture is known for Ground and Pound, all american shorts, Couture is known as Captain America. Older most known fighter in the game like Randy Couture. I would also say that Raul Hughes is most like Chuck Liddell for the KO artist that he is.[/QUOTE] Tito has always been all about ground and pound...and was the poster boy of MMA for a LONG time...and Tito always carries a US flag with him to the ring.

Foster - Tito makes sense because Randy never really was the golden boy of the UFC (except for his last heavyweight run) whereas Tito really carried the promotion in the early 2000's. And he's also knocked on for fighting less then stellar opposition. Also I see Carlos da Guia more like a Luiz Azeredo, but that's probably because of the same weight class.

[QUOTE=Gertbeef;331037]Kid was training for the Olympics in wrestling before he got injured. He's an extremely talented wrestler. At a higher level than Gomi for sure, but he's seldom had to use it in his MMA career because his striking/strength advantage is so high at his weight. Gomi is probably better at submissions, but if we're talking straight wrestling I definitely don't think so.[/QUOTE] never heard hew was training for the olympics but i know he is a decent wrestler... however i know gomi was one hell of a wrestler in college days and you can clearly see how good he is in fights he has been in but kid is one of the best people at 145 and 155 when it comes to kick boxing and when i see go yamamotos stand up stats it's the closest thing i can think of... gomi has some good hands but he is no where as good as kid is when it comes to the stand up game

[QUOTE=syndicate;331287]never heard hew was training for the olympics but i know he is a decent wrestler... however i know gomi was one hell of a wrestler in college days and you can clearly see how good he is in fights he has been in but kid is one of the best people at 145 and 155 when it comes to kick boxing and when i see go yamamotos stand up stats it's the closest thing i can think of... gomi has some good hands but he is no where as good as kid is when it comes to the stand up game[/QUOTE] Yeah, he's really never needed to show his wrestling skills which is pretty impressive, but there's been a couple fights where you can really see his skills in controlling a fighter on the ground. His dad actually represented Japan in the Olympics in wrestling, and both his sisters won world championships in freestyle. He actually grew up here in the States and was a multiple state champion in wrestling in high school. I think he moved back to Japan after high school though and started training. Ok, sorry for the threadjack. Back to Who's Who. :)

[QUOTE=Tommy J.;331250]Foster - Tito makes sense because Randy never really was the golden boy of the UFC (except for his last heavyweight run) whereas Tito really carried the promotion in the early 2000's. And he's also knocked on for fighting less then stellar opposition. Also I see Carlos da Guia more like a Luiz Azeredo, but that's probably because of the same weight class.[/QUOTE] But the fighters are based from different years, for example there were not that many British prospects in MMA back then. Also Andrew Rush - Michael Bisping

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;331424]Virtually none of the fighters are based on specific real-life people, I don't have the in-depth knowledge required to do that even if I wanted to.[/QUOTE] But you do know the basics of the big names dont you Adam?

Archived