Alpha-1

[SIZE="4"][U][B]ALPHA-1 News Update[/B][/U][/SIZE] [B][SIZE="3"][I]Pro Wrestling Legend Invades ALPHA-1 plus a new TV Deal![/I][/SIZE][/B] ALPHA-1 CEO Ietsuna Hisamatsu and President Meiji Nishimura held a press conference to announce that the next PPV would be 4/27 and would be called FIGHTING SPIRIT. Ietsuna Hisamatsu also stated that Japanese Pro-Wrestling legend Tadayuki Kikkawa from BHOTWG (Burning Hammer Of The Wrestling Gods) would make his MMA debut and take on MMA legend Kunimichi Kikuchi. President Meiji Nishimura also announced that the JUNSUI series would continue 5/28 (Volume 7) and that ALPHA-1 had come to an agreement with the major Japanese TV network J-Network East. More information will be released at a later date.

ALPHA-1 returns to the Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan for the PPV [I]FIGHTING SPIRIT[/I]. The main event will feature the undefeated Gabriel Gallego (14-0) defend his Welterweight Championship for a 5th time against Alberto Basora (9-2). The second main event will feature a unique matchup as BHOTWG Pro-Wrestling superstar Tadayuki Kikkawa meets the MMA superstar Kunimichi Kikuchi. This match has the Japanese media abuzz and will pit an MMA fighter against a Pro-Wrestling fighter for the first time under MMA rules. [B]ALPHA-1 "FIGHTING SPIRIT", 4.27.97[/B] (J-Remote PPV/American Option PPV) [B]Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan[/B] 1. Jean-Pierre Richelleau (9-3) vs. Eien Kawano (9-4) 2. Atsuhushi Naikajima (15-13) vs. Zaco (9-4) 3. Roberto Aldez (19-4) vs. Jin Katou (5-3) 4. Tank Manu’a (12-5) vs. Rav Kapur (5-0) 5. Leon Banks (13-4) vs. Rob Baines (10-2) 6. Grzegorz Boniek (14-5) vs. Carter Porter (10-3) 7. [B]Pro-Wrestling vs. MMA:[/B] Tadayuki Kikkawa (0-0) vs. Kunimichi Kikuchi (21-3) 8. [B]ALPHA-1 Welterweight Title:[/B] Gabriel Gallego (14-0) vs. Alberto Basora (9-2) (5th defense)

ALPHA-1 FIGHTING SPIRITS took place from the Ryogoku Kokugikan with 6,678 fans in attendance. The main event saw Welterweight Champion Gabriel Gallego continue his triumph winning streak getting his 15th victory over Alberto Basora in a decision after five rounds. The second main event saw MMA legend Kunimichi Kikuchi defeated Pro Wrestling superstar Tadayuki Kikkawa via decision after 3 rounds. Kikkawa put up a valiant effort despite this being his first ever official MMA fight and Kunimichi Kikuchi is one of the top fighters in the world. Grzegorz Boniek continued to climb the ranks in the heavyweight division and Leon Banks did the same with his victory over Rob Baines in a light heavyweight match. [B]ALPHA-1 "FIGHTING SPIRIT", 4.27.97[/B] (J-Remote PPV/American Option PPV) [B]Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan 6,678 Fans [/B] 1. Eien Kawano (9-4) defeated Jean-Pierre Richelleau (9-3)[B] (R1 1:31)[/B] via rear naked choke submission (**) 2. Zaco (9-4) defeated Atsuhushi Naikajima (15-13) [B](R3)[/B] via unanimous decision (**) 3. Roberto Aldez (19-4) defeated Jin Katou (5-3) [B](R3 3:29)[/B] via KO (***) 4. Rav Kapur (5-0) defeated Tank Manu’a (12-5) [B](R1 1:34)[/B] via TKO (*) 5. Leon Banks (13-4) defeated Rob Baines (10-2) [B](R3)[/B] via unanimous decision (**) 6. Grzegorz Boniek (14-5) defeated Carter Porter (10-3) [B](R3)[/B] via unanimous decision (**) 7. [B]Pro-Wrestling vs. MMA:[/B] Kunimichi Kikuchi (21-3) defeated Tadayuki Kikkawa (0-0) [B](R3)[/B] via unanimous decision (***) 8. [B]ALPHA-1 Welterweight Title:[/B] Gabriel Gallego (14-0) defeated Alberto Basora (9-2) [B](R5)[/B] via unanimous decision (5th defense) (***)

[SIZE="4"][U][B]ALPHA-1 News Update[/B][/U][/SIZE] [B][SIZE="3"][I]HEAVYWEIGHT WORLD CUP TOURNAMENT Announced and J-Network East Premiere[/I][/SIZE][/B] ALPHA-1 President Meiji Nishimura announced that on 6/29/97 a Heavyweight Tournament would take place. Few details were available but Nishimura stated that eight of the top heavyweights would battle in an elimination tournament that would take place over three shows. Some possible participants were hinted at and included, Hiro Arai (17-4), Gunnar Nilsson (19-3), Jeff Carlton (17-3) and Kunimichi Kituchi (22-3). More details are soon to follow. President Meiji Nishimura also announced that the debut on J-Network EAST would take place 5/28/07 in Tokyo. The card would be announced shortly. [B]ALPHA-1 "JUNSUI Vol. 7 ~ JNetEAST Debut Show” 5.28.97[/B] (J-Network East) [B]Tokyo[/B] [B]ALPHA-1 "HEAVYWEIGHT WORLD CUP ~ OPENING ROUND", 6.29.97[/B] (J-Remote PPV/American Option PPV)

Archived