Knuckle Up Fighting

[CENTER] [B]Date: Saturday, Week 1 January 1997 Location: Florida Attendance: 76 (live gate: $4,550)[/B] [B]VS[/B] [B]- Heavyweight Division - Barry Strachan vs Leandro Piquet[/B] 5'11" -[B] Height[/B] - 6'2" 240lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 206lbs 3-6 - [B]Record[/B] - 6-4 [B]Round 1[/B] [I]Strachan comes out fast and quickly backs Piquet up, all the way up against the cage. Strachan throws a series of rights and lefts; none of the strikes to the head got through, but two nice body shots did. He doesn't follow up though, instead keeping a few steps back, clearly not wanting to get tied up in a clinch. Piquet throws a low kick, then advances with some jabs, forcing Strachan to back off a little. They meet in the center and exchange strikes, with Strachan looking the crisper striker of the two, although without doing any real damage. Piquet shoots in for the takedown, but Strachan sprawls and eventually pushes free. Right hand from Strachan, then two jabs which both find their mark. Piquet bats away a third, then comes in hard and fast for a second takedown attempt. Strachan sprawls again, but gets pushed all the way up against the cage. Piquet has a leg, but is low down to the ground and doesn't have the leverage to complete the takedown. He works to a better standing position, but has to lose the leg and grab a clinch instead. They both fire off some small punches from there. Piquet tries for a trip, but Strachan avoids it and works free from the clinch. He returns to the center, clearly wanting a striking battle rather than a grappling match. Piquet follows, hands held high, and throws a couple of jabs. Strachan connects with one instead though, and then with a looping right hand that catches Piquet above the eye. He felt that, but doesn't go down. Best strike of the round so far. Piquet throws a low kick. Strachan comes in to strike again, but this time cannot sprawl quickly enough and gets taken down. Strachan pulls guard. Unfortunately for Piquet, now that he has finally gotten the takedown, there's less than thirty seconds left. He tries to pass guard to get to side control, but Strachan comfortably defends it until the round is over. End of round 1.[/I] [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Strachan.[/B] [B]Round 2[/B] [I]Good start from Piquet, taking Strachan down almost immediately! Strachan scrambles though, and gets back to his feet without taking any damage at all. Piquet will be disappointed with that. Strachan comes in and throws two big right hands, but neither connects, and they put him off balance, allowing Piquet to score with a nice right hook to the side of the head, crunching into the top of the ear. Strachan felt that one for sure. He stalks Piquet, trying to back him up against the cage. It doesn't work though, Piquet keeps out of the way. Strachan tries a kick, but Piquet catches the foot and uses it for a trip. Piquet gets Strachan down for the second time, and this time is right on top of him in guard position. Piquet throws some punches, then tries to pass. Strachan doesn't allow it, and tries to grab an armbar in response. Piquet easily stops that, and throws some more punches. That becomes the pattern, as the fight falls into a predictable pattern; punches from Piquet followed by a pass attempt, with Strachan blocking the pass and throwing the occasional punch in response. The round ends like that, just as the referee was about to stand them back up. The round ends.[/I] [B]Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Piquet.[/B] [B]Round 3[/B] Piquet throws a ragged jab, missing by a mile as Strachan simply ducks under and unloads a vicious hook from below. It catches Piquet square on the jaw, and he goes down! Strachan mounts and starts firing off punches, rapid-fire. The referee waits to see if Piquet can recover, decides that he can't, and pulls Strachan off. The match is over. [B]Strachan wins via TKO at 0:58 of the third round. [/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Result: Barry Strachan defeated Leandro Piquet by TKO at 0:58 of the third round(**)[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][B]Post Fight Interview[/B]: [B]Barry Strachan[/B]: I've been training hard for this fight ever since it was proposed. My camp has helped me improve my strength and punching power and that's what won me the match. Knuckle Up, look out for more knock outs![/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [B]VS[/B] [B]- Heavyweight Division -[/B] [B]"The Italian Strongman" Silvio Scirea vs "The Crusher" Mugur Boc[/B] 6'3" - [B]Height[/B] - 6'5" 237lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 242lbs 17-11-3 - [B]Record[/B] - 3-0 [B]Round 1[/B] [I]The fighters touch gloves, then circle. Boc throws a low kick, but it was without any conviction, it seemed designed more to keep Scirea from coming inside. Boc works an angle, then comes in with a one-two combination, Scirea responds with a crisp uppercut that wasn't far off from connecting. Boc backs off slightly, maybe a bit relieved not to have taken that one on the chin. Neither fighter appears to be looking for any sort of takedown or grapple, this is all about the striking. Scirea circles and throws a series of high jabs, but Boc blocked them with ease, using the gloves. Boc fakes a high kick, then storms in with a wild looking right hand and a series of body shots. Scirea covers up and rides out the storm, clinching to stop any further blows. It was a nice attack from Boc though, best action of the round. They stay clinched for a while, exchanging occasional punches to the ribs, then are separated by the referee. It looks like this round is going to the judges though, as there's only a few seconds remaining. Boc throws a leg kick that connects, albeit without too much force, and the round is done. End of the round. [/I] [B]Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Boc.[/B] [B]Round 2[/B] [I]Right hand from Boc was thrown with power, but bounced off the gloves of Scirea. Boc follows up by coming in close, but Scirea is ready with a straight right hand that glances off the side of the head. Scirea hits three straight jabs, but they all connect with nothing but gloves. Boc fires one back, off target, and then comes in close to land a body shot. That stings Scirea, and also allows Boc to follow up with a takedown straight after. Scirea has a very loose guard applied, almost daring Boc to pass. A right hand from Boc, then he does pass into side control, but Scirea immediately scrambles as soon as Boc started moving, and they end up struggling for position. Scirea manages to slip behind Boc and get his back. Boc tries to turn, but gets flattened and Scirea sinks in a choke. It isn't in fully yet. Boc tries to work free but Scirea uses his legs to stretch out Boc's entire body, and that's enough, Boc has no escape and has to tap.[/I] [B]The official time is 1:48. [/B] [B][COLOR="red"]Result: Silvio Scirea defeated Mugur Boc by Tap-out in the second round(**)[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][B]Post Fight Interview:[/B] [B]Silvio Scirea[/B]: (in tears) Tonight, I fought my last fight. I am offically retiring from mixed martial arts. I'd like to thank my training camp for getting me ready for all of my fights, I'd like to thank my family for putting up with me but most of all I'd like to thank all of the companies who gave me the opportunity to fight for them. I couldn't have asked for a better ending to my career. Goodbye![/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [B]VS[/B] [B]- Light-Heavyweight Division - "The Auckland Express" Jemaine McKenzie vs "Dangerous Donnelly" Randall Donnelly[/B] 6'0" - [B]Height[/B] - 6'2" 187lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 205lbs 7-3 - [B]Record[/B] - 3-1 [B]Round 1[/B] [I]Donnelly starts fast, coming out almost immediately with a three punch combination. None of them get through, and McKenzie manages to squeeze a jab of his own through and score just above the left cheek. They exchange a flurry of blows right in the center, it's difficult to see who got the best of it, and both of them retreat a few steps to recover. Good start to the round, early indications are that this is going to be all about the striking, neither fighter has even hinted at going for a takedown. McKenzie uses a low kick to set up a nice right hand, and Donnelly is forced back against the cage. McKenzie picks his shots and gets a big punch to the body in. Donnelly uses a couple of looping punches to make McKenzie keep back, but it doesn't last for long, as McKenzie bursts forward and hits two big right hands, taking a counter punch to the body though, and they wind up in a clinch. They exchange weak-looking blows from that position, before the referee grows tired of the inactivity and breaks them apart. Donnelly scores with a low kick. Donnelly looks to be working an angle. McKenzie unwinds a right hook that narrowly misses. That will be the last action of the round though. The round is over. [/I] [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to McKenzie.[/B] [B]Round 2[/B] [I]Two jabs from the left hand of McKenzie set up a hard waist-high kick, but Donnelly steps back to avoid it. Nice attempt though. McKenzie moves in closer, bobbing and weaving, and looks to score with a looping right hand, but Donnelly uses the gloves to parry it away, then counter-strikes with a crisp jab and a kick to the knee. Good opening to the round, both fighters are looking lively. McKenzie finds himself backed up against the cage briefly, and has to scramble to safety to avoid a flurry of strikes. Donnelly is working for position, and is currently looking the more composed of the two. Donnelly scores with a jab, then another, then comes in fast with a takedown. McKenzie scrambles and after an extended period of struggling manages to get himself into north and south position, on top of Donnelly. McKenzie hits a hard right to the chest, then turns and gets a full mount. Donnelly is really struggling, and can barely get his arms up to cover up from the strikes that McKenzie is now raining down. A quick transition and McKenzie has an arm and applies an americana. Donnelly has no choice, there's the tap out.[/I] [B]McKenzie wins via americana submission at 2:13 of the second round.[/B] [B][COLOR="red"]Result: Jemaine McKenzie defeated Randell Donnelly by Tap-Out in the second round(*)[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE] [B]Post Fight Interview:[/B] [B]Jemaine McKenzie[/B]: I've been really focusing on my ground game as of late. Training long nights in my Ju Jitsu gym, perfecting my submissions. Thankfully, it paid off and I was able to finish my fight tonight with a Tap-Out. [/QUOTE] [B]VS [/B] [B]- Middleweight Division - "Super Eagle" Casim Yenkini vs "The Doctor" Wayne McKellen[/B] 6'1" - [B]Height[/B] - 6'0" 182lbs - [B]Weight [/B]- 182lbs 7-4 - [B]Record[/B] - 5-1 [B]Round 1[/B] [I]Yenkini starts the round like a house on fire, hitting three quick jabs and a vicious right hook. McKellen covered up well, but at least one of the jabs got through and landed above the left eye. McKellen backs up to buy some time, but Yenkini keeps coming and lands a right hand to the body. McKellen scores with a jab in return, then goes with a kick to the waist. Yenkini catches the leg though and quickly rushes forward with a takedown. McKellen pulls guard. Yenkini throws out a right hand, parried away by McKellen. The guard is quite tight, for the moment at least Yenkini looks content to stay there and throw some punches. McKellen isn't offering any sort of attacking threat yet, instead concentrating on keeping the strikes from landing. A big punch is driven into the ribs, McKellen thought it was going for the face. Another punch lands in the same place, and a red mark starts to develop. McKellen reaches up and pulls Yenkini down into a clinch, and tries to work an armbar from the bottom. Yenkini defends it easily, and gets in a sharp jab to the face too. He stands up slightly, leaning forward into the guard, and starts throwing some right hands. One gets through, the others are parried. McKellen looked like he might be considering trying to apply a triangle then, as Yenkini was very exposed, but he didn't get a chance due to the ferocity of the punches. Yenkini gets back down to kneeling in the guard. Another right hand lands to the ribs. McKellen fires off two punches from his back, but Yenkini defends them easily by simply leaning backward out of reach. Yenkini stands again, the guard remaining tight around him, and throws another couple of bombs. This time McKellen does try to apply the triangle, and an armbar at the same time, but Yenkini breaks free. Time is ticking down, looks like McKellen will survive this ground and pound attack. The round ends without further note. End of the round[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com gives that one to Yenkini by 10-9[/B]. [B]Round 2[/B] [I]Quick start to the round from McKellen, he comes storming in with a flurry of jabs. Yenkini defends it well, parrying them away. Nice straight right from Yenkini connects. McKellen gets in close and hits a pair of nice body shots, then they clinch up. McKellen pushes Yenkini back against the cage and goes for a trip, but Yenkini blocks it. Yenkini suddenly pushes forward off the cage and uses the momentum to take McKellen down to the ground, into guard. Yenkini throws out a right hand, parried away by McKellen. The guard is quite tight, for the moment at least Yenkini looks content to stay there and throw some punches. McKellen isn't offering any sort of attacking threat yet, instead concentrating on keeping the strikes from landing. A big punch is driven into the ribs, McKellen thought it was going for the face. Another punch lands in the same place, and a red mark starts to develop. McKellen reaches up and pulls Yenkini down into a clinch, and tries to work an armbar from the bottom. Yenkini defends it easily, and gets in a sharp jab to the face too. He stands up slightly, leaning forward into the guard, and starts throwing some right hands. One gets through, the others are parried. McKellen looked like he might be considering trying to apply a triangle then, as Yenkini was very exposed, but he didn't get a chance due to the ferocity of the punches. Yenkini gets back down to kneeling in the guard. Another right hand lands to the ribs. McKellen fires off two punches from his back, but Yenkini defends them easily by simply leaning backward out of reach. Yenkini stands again, the guard remaining tight around him, and throws another couple of bombs. This time McKellen does try to apply the triangle, and an armbar at the same time, but Yenkini breaks free. Time is ticking down, looks like McKellen will survive this ground and pound attack. The round ends without further note. End of the round[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com gives that one to Yenkini by 10-9[/B]. [B]Round 3[/B] Yenkini starts fast, coming out almost immediately with a three punch combination. None of them get through, and McKellen manages to squeeze a jab of his own through and score just above the left cheek. They exchange a flurry of blows right in the center, it's difficult to see who got the best of it, and both of them retreat a few steps to recover. Good start to the round, early indications are that this is going to be all about the striking, neither fighter has even hinted at going for a takedown. McKellen uses a low kick to set up a nice right hand, and Yenkini is forced back against the cage. McKellen picks his shots and gets a big punch to the body in. Yenkini uses a couple of looping punches to make McKellen keep back, but it doesn't last for long, as McKellen bursts forward and hits two big right hands, taking a counter punch to the body though, and they wind up in a clinch. They exchange weak-looking blows from that position, before the referee grows tired of the inactivity and breaks them apart. Yenkini scores with a low kick. Yenkini looks for an opening. McKellen unwinds a right hook that narrowly misses. That will be the last action of the round though. The round ends. [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to McKellen[/B]. [B]The judges are split; Casim Yenkini gets 29-28 from the first, Wayne McKellen gets 29-28 from the second, the third gives 29-28 to Casim Yenkini. Casim Yenkini gets the split decision victory. [/B] [B][COLOR="red"]Result: Casim Yekini defeated Wayne McKellen by Judges Decision(*)[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][B]Post Fight Interview[/B]: [B]Casim Yenkini[/B]: It was a close fight. I'd like to thank my camp for helping me train. The Super Eagle will be back, soaring high in Knuckle Up Fighting once again. Thank You.[/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [B][COLOR="red"]Rav Kapur is sitting in the audience, he gets interviewed about his upcoming fight against Dave Lennon. [/COLOR][/B] [B]Rav Kapur[/B]: Dave Lennon want's to leave the company, that's fine but he ain't leaving with his title. I'm taking his Heavyweight Championship away from him and sending him to ALPHA-1 with a broken jaw. There's no doubt about it. [B]VS [/B] [B]- Light-Heavyweight Division - "The Mack Attack" Petey Mack vs "The Edge" Percy Catcher[/B] 5'11" - [B]Height[/B] - 6'1" 186lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 201lbs 6-2 - [B]Record [/B]- 7-2 [B]Round 1[/B] [I]Catcher comes out fast, but gets hit with a counter right hand strike when he throws a left hand which was too high. Mack moves in and hits a nice body shot before they clinch. Catcher gets in a short, sharp jab to the side of the head, it looked to hit right on the ear. Mack didn't like that, and scores with two knee strikes and a punch to the cheek. They break apart. Mack swings and hits a nice right hand. Catcher fires off a series of sharp jabs, all hitting gloves. He throws out a looping left, but gets tagged with a punch to the jaw and stumbles to the ground! Mack dives in to finish him off, but he scrambles back up quickly and they end up facing off on their feet again. Replays show that the punch barely connected, it was more of a stumble on Catcher's part than anything else. It might not look that way to the judges though. Mack looks more confident after that, and puts together a nice chain of strikes, ending with a scathing low kick that catches Catcher on the outside of the calf. He definitely felt that. Time is running out; Mack will probably take this round on the judges' score cards, primarily due to that one dubious knock down. That's the end of the round.[/I] [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Mack.[/B] [B]Round 2[/B] [I]Catcher moves in quickly to begin, trapping Mack against the cage. The advantage doesn't last long though, as Mack uses his superior wrestling ability to turn the tables and gain the upper hand. Knee to the thigh by Mack, then a solid punch to the shoulder. Catcher tries to get a punch in, but Mack uses his grappling to gain a better position and put a stop to that. Catcher squirms free and away from the cage. Catcher scores with a kick to the outside of the thigh, but it didn't have a great deal of power on it. Mack returns fire with a jab, and then tries for a takedown. Catcher doesn't pull guard, but instead tries to spin out of it and get back to his feet, but it proves to be a mistake as he isn't able to get free and only ends up giving his back to Mack! Catcher turtles up, and takes a few heavy shots to the ribs. Mack gets his legs around Catcher and uses them to roll him over. Exposed, Catcher tries to turn so that he is on top, but Mack has already rammed one arm around his throat and has a tight choke-hold applied. Catcher is in big trouble, and obviously can't see a way out as he taps out pretty quickly.[/I] [B]Official time of the rear choke submission is 2:55 of the second round.[/B] [B][COLOR="red"]Result: Petey Mack defeated Percy Catch by Tap-Out in the second round(**)[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][B]Post Fight Interview:[/B] [B]Petey Mack[/B]: I came into this fight with one thing in mind and that's to redeem myself for losing my last fight in Knuckle Up Fighting. The second he exposed his back to me I knew that the match was mine. [/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [B]- Lightweight Division - "First Strike" Marcus Speed vs "The Man of Steel" Marko Prochazka[/B] 5'11" - [B]Height[/B] - 5'10" 155lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 154lbs 3-0 - [B]Record[/B] - 11-2 [B]Round 1[/B] [I]Procházka throws a straight right, batted away by Speed. Procházka goes for a second, but gets beaten to the punch as Speed scores with a kick that catches Procházka across the outside of the knee. Speed throws another one, and this time it lands just above the same knee. Procházka backs off slightly. Speed throws a high jab, then head-fakes and comes in with a left hook from low down. Procházka fires back with a crisp right hand that connects to the shoulder rather than the face. Speed throws another fizzing low kick, again connecting with the knee. Procházka tried to check it, but couldn't in time. Those strikes are going to add up soon and start reducing his mobility. Speed throws another kick, this time at chest-height, but it's merely a set-up to allow him to come in fast and start throwing a series of jabs. Procházka covers up, throwing occasional straight rights in return. Speed backs off, but not before cracking another kick into the thigh region. Time is running down, Procházka has failed to deal with those kicks, and it has definitely cost him this round, and possibly done some damage to his knee. End of the round. [/I] [B]Blurcat.com gives that one to Speed by 10-9. [/B] [B]Round 2[/B] [I]The round starts slowly, with both fighters circling, tentatively throwing out the occasional jab. Procházka is the first to make a positive move, stepping in to throw a right hand, although he probably wishes that he hadn't, as Speed picks him off with a crisp jab to the cheek. Procházka throws a wild punch as a counter, but Speed ducks and backs off out of range. They meet again in the center for an exchange of punches. Procházka gets a clubbing blow to the side of the head in, but takes a hard shot to the stomach in return. The early pattern seems to be that Procházka is looking for big punches, Speed is happy to avoid them and use quick counter punches instead. They clinch up, and Procházka manages to back Speed up against the cage. Procházka takes a half step backward and throws a big right hand to the head, but Speed ducks under at the last second, scores with a pair of punches to the gut, then darts out of trouble before Procházka can unload. Procházka may need to think about changing tactics, Speed is looking far sharper in these striking battles, and is beginning to control the pace and tempo of the round. Procházka fakes a right hand, then shoots out a low kick, catching Speed on the thigh. Speed presses forward for the first time, getting in close and using a couple of jabs to the body. Procházka gets a nice left hook in, glancing off the gloves, and then clinches up. Time ticks away and the round ends just a few seconds after the referee separates them. End of the round[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Speed. [/B] [B]Round 3[/B] [I]Slow start, both fighters are throwing tentative punches without threatening anything more powerful. Speed puts together the first exciting moment, stringing together four punches in quick succession, but Procházka defended well. Straight right from Procházka in response, but it caught nothing but gloves. They start circling. The referee tells them to fight, the lack of action so far is worrying. They get in close and exchange body shots, Speed probably getting the slightly better punches in, and then fall into a clinch. That goes nowhere, and the referee separates them. Procházka gets a nice kick in just before the time expires, but it's unlikely that is going to stop the judges giving that round to Speed. End of the round.[/I] [B]Blurcat.com scores 10-9 Speed.[/B] [B]The official scores are: 30-27 from all three judges for Marcus Speed[/B] [B][COLOR="red"]Result: Marcus Speed defeated Marko Prochazka by Judges Decision(**)[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][B]Post Fight Interview[/B]: [B]Marcus Speed[/B]: Florida is my home town and I'm so honored to fight here. Marko was a tough opponent, I'm kinda dissapointed I wasn't able to finish the fight but a win is a win. I look forward to fighting again with Knuckle Up and hope to call this company my "home". Thank you.[/CENTER] [/QUOTE][/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]Monday, Week 2 January 1997[/B] In 2 weeks, Knuckle Up Fighting will hold it's biggest fight in it's short history. Dave Lennon will defend his Heavyweight Championship against Rav Kapur in his last fight in Knuckle Up Fighting before leaving the company. During the last Knuckle Up! event, Rav Kapur was in attendance as an audience member and let everyone know that he won't let Lennon leave the company as Heavyweight Champion. Dave Lennon on the other hand says that a win is a must, "I may be leaving Knuckle Up Fighting but my career is far from over. If I lose this fight then I will lose all momentum going into ALPHA-1. There's no doubt about it, I must beat Rav Kapur." If Dave Lennon manages to retain his championship then the Heavyweight title will be vacated and determined in a Tournament. "There's no way I'm letting that Tournament happen. I ain't risking having to enter a tournament, shortly after fighting Lennon, that's just askin' for an injury.", Rav told us. It's certainly one of Knuckle Up's most anticipated fights, Dave Lennon vs Rav Kapur, who will leave as Heavyweight Champion? [B][U]Knuckle Up! Fighting 6 - Lennon vs Kapur[/U][/B]: [B]Heavyweight Championship Fight[/B]: "The Big Dog" Dave Lennon(c)(8-1) defends against "The Beast of Birmingham" Rav Kapur(6-0) "The Diamondback" Cory Brewer(7-5-1) vs "The Hillbilly Hammer" Luke Hilton(4-2) "The X-Factor" Xie Ming(3-1) vs "Razor" Korekiyo Anzai(6-2) "The Hamburg Hammer" Jacob Matthaus(9-10) vs "The Dockland Destroyer" Jerry Bogdonovich(9-7) "Russell Mania" Russell McPhee(3-1) vs "Big Daddy" Stainslaw Lipnicki(7-6) "Honest" Bunrakuken Abe(3-4) vs "The Truckman" Truck Gleeson(6-1) "The Savage" Datuk Ong Ka Ting(1-0) vs "The Farm Boy" Eli Harris(0-0) "No Surrender" Glenn Pimm(6-8) vs "Scrouge of Europe" Nicolai Mickiewicz(11-1)[/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]Date: Saturday, Week 4 January 1997 Location: Florida Attendance: 200 (live gate: $11,900)[/B] [B]VS[/B] [B]- Light-Heavyweight Division - "No Surrender" Glenn Pimm vs "Scourge of Europe" Nicolai Mickiewicz[/B] 5'11" - [B]Height[/B] - 6'2" 187lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 204lbs 6-8 - [B]Record[/B] - 11-1 _________________ [B]Round 1[/B] [I]The two fighters meet in the center with an exchange of jabs, but neither gets anything but gloves or air. They go right into a clinch, with only a few seconds of the match gone. Pimm gets a knee to the ribs in, but it wasn't particularly hard. They break. They come together, both throwing punches. Mickiewicz gets a nice clean shot in, and Pimm stumbles backwards and falls to the floor. Mickiewicz is on top of him quickly, and unloads with two more big punches, both connect solidly. The referee jumps in and pulls him away before a third is thrown, this match is over by TKO. Replays show the referee may have been slightly early.[/I] [B]Mickiewicz wins via TKO at 1:56 of the first round.[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Result: Nicolai Mickiewicz defeated Glenn Pimm by TKO in the first round(**)[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE] [B][CENTER]Post Fight Interview:[/B] [B]Nicolai Mickiewicz[/B]: I proved that I can finish my fights and I'm ready for the Light-Heavyweight Championship. Aleksei Chekhov, any time, anywhere, I'm ready for you![/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [B]VS[/B] [B]- Welterweight Division - "The Savage" Datuk Ong Ka Ting vs "The Farm Boy" Eli Harris[/B] 5'10" - [B]Height[/B] - 5'11" 165lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 162lbs 1-0 - [B]Record[/B] - 0-0 __________________ [B]Round 1[/B] [I]They start the round with an exchange of strikes, all from fairly long range as they circle and try to work angles. None of the blows did any damage, either missing or being straight into the opponent's gloves. Harris is the first to land a worthwhile blow, hitting a straight right that catches Datuk on the side of the cheek. Harris follows up by backing him up against the cage, throws a couple of big punches, but gets pulled into a clinch without doing any serious damage. Datuk goes for a trip and almost gets it, but Harris is able to regain his footing at the last moment. Datuk has Harris against the cage, and hits three right hands to the side of the ribs. Harris reaches down and picks up a leg, using that as leverage to topple Datuk, who pulls guard. Harris starts pounding away and does some damage before Datuk grapples and pulls him down into a clinch. Datuk has both of Harris's arms tied up, preventing much in the way of attacking action. Harris uses some shoulder shrugs to the face, but Datuk isn't going to be too bothered by that. Harris pulls one arm free. Datuk still has tight control of the other, and brings his legs up, trying to apply an armbar. Harris sees it coming and blocks it easily, getting in a couple of punches for good measure. Harris steps through the legs and forces Datuk to release the arm so that he can cover up against a series of strikes. Datuk manages to ensare one leg though, and so Harris has to make do with being in half guard instead of getting the full mount that he wanted. Harris hits a couple of punches, takes one back, then attempts to get side control. Datuk keeps him at bay. Time is ticking away, if Harris is going to use this position to finish the match, it had better be done soon. Harris pulls Datuk's left arm to one side and straightens it out, perhaps looking to turn it into an armbar. Datuk rolls over to stop the arm getting trapped. Harris continues to work for it though. Time expires though, the round is over. That's the end of the round.[/I] [B]Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Harris[/B]. [B]Round 2[/B] [I]They are circling, then come in close. Both fighters are tentatively looking for the chance to strike. Datuk is the first to go for it, throwing a three-punch combination. Harris covered up well, taking very little damage. Datuk goes to throw a bomb, but gets clipped with a right hand before it can connect. He felt that. Harris steps in and throws a bomb of his own, and it crunches into the side of the cheek of Datuk, who goes down! Replays show the shock wave passing through his entire body as that powerful punch connected. What a strike! Harris wins this by a brutally clean knock out[/I]. [B]Harris wins via knock out at 1:20 of the second round[/B]. [B][COLOR="red"]Result: Eli Harris defeated Datuk Ong Ka Ting by Knock Out in the second round(*)[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][B]Post Fight Interview[/B]: [B]Eli Harris: [/B] I'd like to thank Knuckle Up Fighting for this huge opportunity. That was my very first fight, the first of many. I look to continue knocking out guys right here in Knuckle Up![/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [B]VS[/B] [B]- Welterweight Division - "Honest" Burnakuken Abe vs "Truckman" Truck Gleeson[/B] 5'8" - [B]Height[/B] - 5'10" 157lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 160lbs 3-4 - [B]Record[/B] - 6-1 __________________ [B]Round 1[/B] [I]Tentative start to the round, the fighters are circling. Abe throws out a couple of range-finding jabs, but they aren't anything that will trouble Gleeson. Kick to the thigh from Gleeson, but it lacked power. Other than a few half-hearted jabs, there's been a definite lull over the past minute. Gleeson hits two jabs, then a high kick. It glances off Abe's shoulder, catching him on the top of the head. He stumbles backward, ending up against the cage. Gleeson charges in and starts unloading, and after several crunching punches have landed the referee has no choice but to jump in and bring the match to the end[/I]. [B]The official time of the TKO is 1:52 of round 1.[/B] [B][COLOR="red"]Result: Truck Gleeson defeated Burnakuken Abe by TKO in the first round(*)[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][B]Post Fight Interview[/B]: [B]Truck Gleeson[/B]: I've been training hard and look forward to fighting other quality fighters here in Knuckle Up. I won't rest untill I get my re-match against Darin Blood for the Welterweight title[/CENTER]. [/QUOTE] [B]VS[/B] [B]- Heavyweight Division - "Russell Mania" Russell McPhee vs "Big Daddy" Stanislaw Lipnicki[/B] 5'11" - [B]Height[/B] - 6'2" 210lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 260lbs 3-1- [B]Record[/B] - 7-6 __________________ [B]Round 1[/B] [I]They circle to start, both throwing a few tentative jabs. An uppercut misses its mark from Lipnicki, providing the first moment of real action. McPhee hits a nice combination of body shots to set up a big right hook, but Lipnicki side-stepped to safety. A few punches get thrown, but there's a lack of real action to talk about. McPhee is being slightly the more aggressive, but neither fighter is really going for it. They come together again and exchange punches, but no big shots get through, and they end up clinched for a while. The referee separates them, but the time is ticking away and this round looks like it's going to the judges. The first round is over.[/I] [B]Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for McPhee[/B]. [B]Round 2[/B] [I]McPhee hits some tentative punches, then comes in fast and forces Lipnicki to back up against the cage, where they clinch. McPhee hits a nice body shot, but takes two short punches to the side of the head in return. Lipnicki tries a trip, but it doesn't go anywhere. They separate, with McPhee having to stay sharp to avoid a scorching right hand from Lipnicki. McPhee with a body shot. Lipnicki tries to work an angle, then steps in...and gets creamed with a high head kick! McPhee landed it right to the ear of all places, and Lipnicki's legs give way, sending him crashing to the floor. The referee immediately covers him up, he is clearly out cold[/I]. [B]McPhee gets the win via K.O. Official time of the knock out is 3:49 of the second round. [/B] [B][COLOR="red"]Result: Russell McPhee defeated Stanislaw Lipnicki by Knock Out in the second round(*)[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][B]Post Fight Interview[/B]: [B]Russell McPhee[/B]: I have to give my opponent a lot of respect, he came out and fought hard. Russell Mania is running wild and it's a matter of time untill the heavyweight title is around my waist!![/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [B]VS[/B] [B]- Light-Heavyweight Division - "The Hamburg Hammer" Jacob Matthaus vs "The Dockland Destroyer" Jerry Bogdonovich[/B] 6'0" - [B]Height[/B] - 5'9" 200lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 204lbs 9-10 - [B]Record[/B] - 9-7 __________________ [B]Round 1[/B] [I]The fighters come together right in the center. Bogdonovich throws out a jab, but Matthaus bobs out of the way and uses a right hand to glance a blow off the side of the ribs in response. Matthaus works an angle and storms in suddenly with three crisp jabs and a looping overhand punch, Bogdonovich covered up quickly but at least one of the jabs hit home. Matthaus is making Bogdonovich look sluggish in comparison, such is the speed and crispness with which he is delivering strikes. Bogdonovich hits a low kick before back-pedalling to avoid a clubbing blow. Bogdonovich glances at the referee, not sure why. They meet in the center to exchange a flurry of strikes that gets the crowd on their feet. Matthaus got slightly the better of it, he definitely snuck through a right hand that rocked Bogdonovich slightly. Bogdonovich initiates a clinch, and the action grinds to a halt. Bogdonovich looks out of ideas, he is being repeatedly lured into these exchange of strikes, but Matthaus is clearly winning them. Bogdonovich needs to find some way to deal with them. Not much time left in this round. The referee separates them. Matthaus tries a speculative high kick, but Bogdonovich saw it coming and was well out of range by the time it came. Bogdonovich tries to work an angle, but Matthaus is having none of it and fires off a straight right hand to keep him from stepping in. Comfortable round for Matthaus, he will probably be disappointed not to have done more damage given his dominance of the striking in this round. The first round is over.[/I] [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Matthaus.[/B] [B]Round 2[/B] [I]Very, very slow start to the round. Over a minute has gone before the first meaningful strike connects. It's Bogdonovich who hits it, scoring with a shot to the chest. Matthaus fires back with a couple of jabs, both of which connect with the shoulder rather than the face where they were aimed. The two fighters come together in the center and exchange punches, neither getting the clear advantage. Matthaus suddenly shoots in and goes for a takedown, but Bogdonovich manages to sprawl long enough to get them all the way back to the cage, which keeps him upright. Matthaus tries to complete the takedown, but realises that the leverage isn't there and instead stands and clinches. Bogdonovich hits a couple of shots to the back. Matthaus hits a stomp. Bogdonovich lifts his leg to go for a knee, but that gives Matthaus the opportunity to lift him and slam him down to the ground. That was a hard slam! Matthaus is on top, almost sitting on top of a balled-up Bogdonovich. He throws some hard downward punches, Bogdonovich defends most of them, although one hits hard above the eye. Matthaus leaves his arm in for a second too long and Bogdonovich reaches up and almost gets an armbar. Matthaus gets free though, although the effort puts him off-balance enough for him to stumble, giving Bogdonovich the opportunity to scramble back up. There's a nasty mark above the eye where the earlier punch connected though. They go back to circling each other. There's not much time left. Bogdonovich tries one last big attack, swinging for the fences with two bombs, but Matthaus avoids both, adding a nice shot to the stomach after the second dodge. The round ends there[/I]. [B]The round is over. Blurcat.com gives that one to Matthaus by 10-9[/B]. [B]Round 3[/B] [I]Not much happening at first. Bogdonovich is the first to make a move, coming in with a right hand that narrowly misses. Matthaus gets in a jab that landed on the left cheek of Bogdonovich, and leaves a mark. Quite a slow paced round so far. Bogdonovich takes another jab and moves in to retaliate, but it was a set-up and he gets creamed with a high right kick to the side of the head! Bogdonovich stumbles but doesn't go down, and has to cover up as Matthaus comes in with a series of punches to try and finish the job. Bogdonovich somehow manages to hold on long enough to get his senses back, and buys some time by clinching. Hard knee from Bogdonovich from the clinch, and Matthaus felt that, he looks a little tired from unloading that barrage. They break, and Bogdonovich gets in a nice right hand. Both fighters circle. The round is over[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Matthaus. The judges scores are unanimous, and give a score of 30-27 to Jacob Matthaus. [/B] [B][COLOR="red"]Result: Jacob Matthaus defeated Jerry Bogdonovich by Judges Decision(*)[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][B]Post Fight Interview[/B]: [B]Jacob Matthaus[/B]: I'm glad to be apart of the Knuckle Up Fighting family. I'm hoping that I can return to Knuckle Up and prove myself as a quality fighter. Thank You...[/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [B]VS[/B] [B]- Welterweight Division - "The X-Factor" Xie Ming vs "Razor" Korekiyo Anzai [/B] 5'10" - [B]Height[/B] - 5'10" 168lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 167lbs 3-1 - [B]Record[/B] - 6-2 __________________ [B]Round 1[/B] [I]Ming throws the first punch of the round, a high searching jab that didn't carry a great deal of threat with it. Anzai throws a one-two combination in return, neither connecting, then steps in and delivers a hard kick to the outside of the thigh. Ming steps back, throwing a right hand as he does to buy himself space. They circle, then move in again to exchange strikes, neither fighter getting a clear advantage. They come together again and the same result. It has become something of a stalemate at the moment. They come together to exchange strikes for the third time, and this time they wind up in a clinch. Anzai hits a knee to the ribs. A couple of shots to the back from Ming. They struggle all the way back, with Ming ending up backed up against the cage. Anzai hits another knee, but there wasn't much power behind it. Ming stomps downward onto his foot. Ming manages to reverse their positions, but that only lasts about thirty seconds before it gets reversed once more. Anzai gets an arm free and tries to throw a big shot to the cheek, Ming ducks under it and gets the arm back under control. The referee finally breaks them up, and we're back to where we started. Ming tries a high kick to start, but Anzai saw it coming and easily avoids it. They come back together in the center, and it's Anzai who gets the first sustained attack of the round, hitting two hard body shots and a jab that caught Ming on the nose. Ming hits a straight right, enough to stop Anzai from following up any further. The time expires with them standing. Not a great round for either of them or the crowd, it was very scrappy. That's the end of the round.[/I] [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Anzai.[/B] [B]Round 2[/B] [I]Slow start, both fighters are throwing tentative punches without threatening anything more powerful. Anzai puts together the first exciting moment, stringing together four punches in quick succession, but Ming defended well. Straight right from Ming in response, but it caught nothing but gloves. They start circling. The referee tells them to fight, the lack of action so far is worrying. They get in close and exchange body shots, Anzai probably getting the slightly better punches in, and then fall into a clinch. That goes nowhere, and the referee separates them. Ming gets a nice kick in just before the time expires, but it's unlikely that is going to stop the judges giving that round to Anzai. End of the round.[/I] [B]Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Anzai[/B]. [B]Round 3[/B] [I]Ming throws two high punches, then steps in for a hook to the body. Nice combination, but Anzai defended with ease. They clinch up next to the cage, but a short struggle only ends with them separating and coming back in. Ming kicks Anzai in the ribs, but Anzai was ready, catches the foot, and uses it to trip Ming down. Into a guard. Anzai throws a couple of shots, but Ming defends it well. Anzai gets through the guard and has side control. That was well executed, but Ming could have done better, he gave up his side too easily. It goes from bad to worse for Ming, a wild punch is easily blocked by Anzai, who uses it to take his back. Ming is in real trouble now. Anzai fires of a series of punches, and Ming has no answer. Anzai stretches Ming out, and secures the rear naked choke. He doesn't get it fully at first, but then does.[/I] [B]Ming taps. The official time is 1:24[/B]. [B][COLOR="red"]Result: Korekiyo Anzai defeated Xie Ming by Tap-Out in the third round(*)[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE] [B][CENTER]Post Fight Interview:[/B] [B]Korekiyo Anzai[/B]: Thank you Knuckle Up very much![/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [B]VS[/B] [B]- Lightweight Division - "The Diamondback" Cory Brewer vs "The Hillbilly Hammer" Luke Hilton[/B] 5'10" - [B]Height[/B] - 5'6" 155lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 152lbs 7-5-1 - [B]Record[/B] - 4-2 __________________ [B]Round 1[/B] [I]Brewer starts fast, coming out almost immediately with a three punch combination. None of them get through, and Hilton manages to squeeze a jab of his own through and score just above the left cheek. They exchange a flurry of blows right in the center, it's difficult to see who got the best of it, and both of them retreat a few steps to recover. Good start to the round, early indications are that this is going to be all about the striking, neither fighter has even hinted at going for a takedown. Hilton uses a low kick to set up a nice right hand, and Brewer is forced back against the cage. Hilton picks his shots and gets a big punch to the body in. Brewer uses a couple of looping punches to make Hilton keep back, but it doesn't last for long, as Hilton bursts forward and hits two big right hands, taking a counter punch to the body though, and they wind up in a clinch. They exchange weak-looking blows from that position, before the referee grows tired of the inactivity and breaks them apart. Brewer scores with a low kick. Brewer with a body shot. Hilton unwinds a right hook that narrowly misses. That will be the last action of the round though. The round is over.[/I] [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Hilton[/B]. [B]Round 2[/B] [I]The round begins, and it is Brewer who starts better, energetically bounding straight into action by throwing a three-punch combination and a scything leg kick. Hilton defended all four blows well, but is forced to be on the backfoot right from the word go. Brewer works for an angle, coming in from the left hand side with a high right hand. Hilton ducks under it and nestles a stiff jab in the solar plexus. It doesn't seem to slow Brewer down much though, as he swiftly turns and hits a crisp left to the side of the head, followed almost instantly by a mid-level kick that smacks above the hip of Hilton. Interesting first minute of action, Brewer is looking particularly sharp. Hilton tries to turn the momentum by advancing quickly and driving Brewer back against the cage with a series of jabs and hooks, and they end up clinched. Hilton tries a knee from that position, but it is blocked. Brewer scores with two sharp blows to the ribs, and then they break away from each other. A looping left from Hilton, but it's wide of the mark. They square up to each other in the center. Brewer throws a head fake and comes in from low down to hit a rising shot that catches Hilton on the side of the head. Hilton got a shot in too though, although it hit the shoulder rather than the head. Time is running down; Brewer has probably done enough to win the round, but it has turned quite scrappy since the clinch against the cage, both will probably be slightly unhappy with that. Hilton tries a late surge, coming in hard and fast with a leading left, but Brewer defends it well and scores the only meaningful shot of the exchange with a crisp left hand. That's the end of the round.[/I] [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Brewer[/B]. [B]Round 3[/B] [I]Brewer leads with the right hand to set up a low kick, Hilton deals with it well. They clinch, but only for a few seconds before it gets broken. Both throw stiff jabs at the same time, neither connects properly. Back to the clinch. It has been a disjointed start to the round, the flow hasn't quite developed properly. Hilton uses a knee to the ribs before backing Brewer up against the cage. Right hand from Brewer connects though, that was well timed. Hilton breaks the clinch and backs off. That was sloppy on his part, Brewer was basically gifted a free shot. Three quick jabs from Hilton sting the gloves, then a crashing hook to the body finds its mark. Good recovery. Brewer fires off a low kick again, but it's well wide. Brewer hits a right hand above Hilton's right eye, but gets clinched up before he can do anything further. Hilton forces him back against the cage. They struggle, with Brewer keeping the takedown from happening by pulling away from every trip attempt. Hilton pushes Brewer into the cage, then sweeps the legs quickly. Brewer couldn't get out of the way that time, and goes down. He pulls guard. Hilton fights his way out into half guard. Big clubbing blow from Hilton, Brewer dealt with it well. Hilton half-stands, his right leg still trapped between Brewer's, and starts unloading with a barrage of bombing right hands. Brewer takes one right to the jaw, then another smashes hard into his nose. More devastating punches rain down, and the referee pulls Hilton off, preventing Brewer from taking any more damage[/I]. [B]Official time of the TKO is 3:43 of the third round[/B]. [B][COLOR="red"]Result: Luke Hilton defeated Cory Brewer by TKO in the third round(**)[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][B]Post Fight Interview:[/B] [B]Luke Hilton[/B]: A couple of months ago, at the very first Knuckle Up Fighting event, I fought the current Lightweight champion, Brandon Sugar and unfortunately lost. I've been training hard and I'm ready for my re-match. I don't care how many guys I need to knock out, I will get my re-match![/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [B]VS[/B] [B]- Heavyweight Division - "The Big Dog" Dave Lennon vs s "The Beast of Birmingham" Rav Kapur[/B] 6'1" - [B]Height[/B] - 6'4" 231lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 265lbs 8-1 - [B]Record[/B] - 6-0 __________________ [B]Round 1[/B] [I]Kapur hits some tentative punches, then comes in fast and forces Lennon to back up against the cage, where they clinch. Kapur hits a nice body shot, but takes two short punches to the side of the head in return. Lennon tries a trip, but it doesn't go anywhere. They separate, with Kapur having to stay sharp to avoid a scorching right hand from Lennon. Lennon throws a ragged jab, missing by a mile as Kapur simply ducks under and unloads a vicious hook from below. It catches Lennon square on the jaw, and he goes down! Kapur mounts and starts firing off punches, rapid-fire. The referee waits to see if Lennon can recover, decides that he can't, and pulls Kapur off. The match is over[/I]. [B]Official time of the TKO is 7:30 of the first. Rav Kapur wins the KUF Heavyweight Title title[/B]. [B][COLOR="red"]Result: Rav Kapur defeated Dave Lennon by TKO in the first round(**)[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE] [CENTER][B]Post Fight Interview:[/B] [B]Rav Kapur[/B]: I told you! I told ya'all before! I told you that I was gonna knock his jaw off and win the Heavyweight Title. All dem fighters who were hoping to fight in a tournament for this baby, sorry. Sorry ya'all have to work harder so that you can fight me and get your ass whooped. Knuckle Up Fighting, your champ is here!![/CENTER] [/QUOTE] [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]Tuesday, Week 1 February 1997[/B] [B]Dave Lennon injured:[/B] Former Heavyweight Champion, Dave Lennon injured himself during his fight against Rav Kapur. He will be out of action for 3-4 months. Lennon will report to ALPHA-1 once he is fully recovered. We wish Lennon a speedy recovery and the best of luck in his new career path. [B]Knuckle Up! Fighting 7:[/B] Knuckle Up! Fighting 7 will feature a huge Welterweight Championship fight. Darin Blood will defend his championship against Robert Darrell. Darin Blood is currently undefeated, standing at 4-0 and he looks to stay undefeated. "I'm not here to play around. I'm undefeated and I'm the current Welterweight champion and that's not going to change any time soon." While Blood stays positive, British Cage Fighting's Robert Darrell thinks otherwise. "I'm one of the top Welterweights and Knuckle Up realizes it, that's why I got a title fight. If Blood thinks he's going to knock me out then he better think twice. I'm not going down for anybody, especialy Blood." Can Blood leave Knuckle Up! 7 with his undefeated streak and Welterweight Championship or will Robert Darrell take everything away from him? [B][U]Knuckle Up! Fighting 7:[/U][/B] [B]Welterweight Championship[/B]: "Dangerous" Darin Blood(c)(4-0) defends against "Human Time Bomb" Robert Darrell(7-2) "First Strike" Marcus Speed(4-0) vs "Hillbilly Hammer" Luke Hilton(5-2) "Brickhouse" Thorbjorn Rekdal(3-1-1) vs "Super Eagle" Casim Yenkini(8-4) "The Auckland Express" Jemaine McKenzie(8-3) vs "The Edge" Percy Catcher(7-3) "The Big Shot" Eddie Whelan(10-3) vs "The Crusher" Mugur Boc(3-1)[/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]Date: Saturday, Week 1 March 1997 Location: Florida Attendance: 209 (live gate: $12,460)[/B] VS [B]- Heavyweight Division - "Big Shot" Eddie Whelan vs "The Crusher" Mugur Boc[/B] 6'2" - [B]Height[/B] - 6'5" 206lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 242lbs 10-3 - [B]Record[/B] - 3-1 [B]Round 1:[/B] [I]They touch gloves. Whelan throws out a couple of jabs, but they find nothing but gloves. Boc throws a low kick. Boc circles, looking for an angle from which to strike. Whelan moves in and throws a high kick, but it's inaccurate and allows Boc to take him down to the ground. It's an unusual position though, as Boc is almost in a triangle when they hit the deck. He tries to go over the top to break free, but Whelan uses his leg strength and leverage to flip Boc over, almost getting a mount, but getting shrugged off into guard. The fight falls into a lull as a pattern develops; Whelan punctuating attempts to pass guard with some sharp punches to the body and face, while Boc parries away any big blows and puts all of his effort into making sure Whelan doesn't get a better position. Things heat up as Whelan manages to break the guard and get through into a half mount. Boc hits a nice clean right hand in response. Whelan throws a couple of hard punches to the stomach. He has one leg trapped, and is trying to pull that free so that he can move further up the body and really start pounding away. Boc knows that having the leg trapped is his key to not ending up in huge trouble, and so has it locked up tight. Whelan tries a half-hearted attempt at a kimura, but Boc defends it well. The round ends with Whelan still unable to transition into side control, although he has landed enough shots to have lit up Boc's upper body with red marks, and definitely won the round on points. The round ends[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Whelan. [/B] [B]Round 2[/B] [I]Boc starts fast, coming out almost immediately with a three punch combination. None of them get through, and Whelan manages to squeeze a jab of his own through and score just above the left cheek. They exchange a flurry of blows right in the center, it's difficult to see who got the best of it, and both of them retreat a few steps to recover. Good start to the round, early indications are that this is going to be all about the striking, neither fighter has even hinted at going for a takedown. Whelan uses a low kick to set up a nice right hand, and Boc is forced back against the cage. Whelan picks his shots and gets a big punch to the body in. Boc uses a couple of looping punches to make Whelan keep back, but it doesn't last for long, as Whelan bursts forward and hits two big right hands, taking a counter punch to the body though, and they wind up in a clinch. They exchange weak-looking blows from that position, before the referee grows tired of the inactivity and breaks them apart. Boc scores with a low kick. An exchange of punches goes nowhere, and they fall into a clinch. The referee separates them when nothing happens. Whelan unwinds a right hook that narrowly misses. That will be the last action of the round though. The round is over.[/I] [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Whelan[/B]. [B]Round 3[/B] [I]Whelan hits a right hand, then fakes a take down attempt. Boc got out of the way, he clearly has it in mind to not let Whelan shoot in on him. They come together and exchange strikes, neither fighter gets an advantage from it. Boc throws a scorching right hand, but it misses. Whelan throws a head kick, and that one doesn't! Boc took it to the side of the head and goes down. It didn't look all that powerful though, and the fact that Boc is able to clear his head pretty swiftly and pull guard on the on-rushing Whelan backs that up. Boc has the guard held very high. Whelan throws a big right hand, but almost puts himself right into a triangle as a result, and he is forced to fight free. Boc throws a punch and it lands right above the nose. Whelan throws four massive punches as a response, threatening to try and knock Boc right through the canvas, Boc is forced to simply cover up and try to survive. Whelan is controlling the round from this position, although it has to be said that he hasn't yet truly looked like he can stop the match from here. Boc moves to butterfly guard and then tries to scramble back up, but Whelan stops that by throwing another set of big punches, forcing Boc to go back to the full guard. The round ends with them still like that, with Whelan having totally controlled the round from the guard. End of round 3[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com scores it 10-8 for Whelan. The official scores are: 30-26 (twice), 29-27 for Eddie Whelan.[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Result: Eddie Whelan by Judges Decision(**)[/COLOR][/B] VS [B]- Light-Heavyweight Division - "The Auckland Express" Jemaine McKenzie vs "The Edge" Percy Catcher[/B] 6'0" - [B]Height[/B] - 6'1" 187lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 201lbs 8-3 - [B]Record[/B] - 7-3 [B]Round 1[/B] [I]The fighters touch gloves, then circle. Catcher throws a low kick, but it was without any conviction, it seemed designed more to keep McKenzie from coming inside. Catcher works an angle, then comes in with a one-two combination, McKenzie responds with a crisp uppercut that wasn't far off from connecting. Catcher backs off slightly, maybe a bit relieved not to have taken that one on the chin. Neither fighter appears to be looking for any sort of takedown or grapple, this is all about the striking. McKenzie circles and throws a series of high jabs, but Catcher blocked them with ease, using the gloves. Catcher fakes a high kick, then storms in with a wild looking right hand and a series of body shots. McKenzie covers up and rides out the storm, clinching to stop any further blows. It was a nice attack from Catcher though, best action of the round. They stay clinched for a while, exchanging occasional punches to the ribs, then are separated by the referee. It looks like this round is going to the judges though, as there's only a few seconds remaining. Catcher throws a leg kick that connects, albeit without too much force, and the round is done. End of round 1[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Catcher[/B]. [B]Round 2[/B] [I]McKenzie comes out quick and immediately starts pressing Catcher back toward the cage. McKenzie tries to use the position to his advantage, pinning Catcher in to prevent him from moving freely, but the exchange of punches that follows is clearly won by Catcher, who catches McKenzie with a wicked right cross during the flurry of blows. McKenzie tries again, but Catcher is looking sharp and parries away any dangerous shot, getting in a few crisp jabs of his own along the way. McKenzie finally backs off, realising that this isn't working. Catcher is showing superior ability with his hands, they're fast and accurate, McKenzie isn't able to cope with them at close quarters, being made to look slow and ragged in comparison. McKenzie switches to using raking right hands and looping punches, keeping Catcher back, but its effectiveness is limited as McKenzie's punches are easily parried away, and Catcher can still hit the occasional right hand. The round ends with that being the pattern. Catcher has used his better punching technique and hand speed to confound McKenzie, and has controlled this round almost entirely. The round ends[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Catcher[/B]. [B]Round 3[/B] [I]Catcher starts fast, firing off several crisp jabs that keep McKenzie on the back foot. A solid left hits gloves, but it's really just a set-up for Catcher to step in and use an uppercut. Not sure how much of it caught McKenzie, but certainly enough to to make him grab a clinch to stop any further punishment. Great start to the round from Catcher, it has been total domination so far. The clinch is broken, and the two fighters exchange some long range jabs that are easily avoided. McKenzie is looking a little lost so far, Catcher is controlling this round by virtue of his crisp accurate punches and higher aggression levels. They both seem to be looking for an opening, and it's creating a stalemate at the moment. Catcher leads with the left, then moves in and gets in a wicked right hand that grazes the cheek. McKenzie was fortunate there, if that had landed properly it would have been over. McKenzie comes back with a leg kick to set up a one-two combination, but the round is coming to a close and it's going to be too little too late. The one bright spot for McKenzie is that although Catcher clearly won the round, he didn't actually turn that dominance into any sort of real damage. The third round is over[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Catcher. All three judges give a score of 30-27 to Percy Catcher.[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Result: Percy Catcher by Judges Decision(**)[/COLOR][/B] VS [B]- Middleweight Division - "Brickhouse" Thorbjorn Rekdal vs "Super Eagle" Casim Yenkini[/B] 6'0" - [B]Height[/B] - 6'1" 181lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 182lbs 3-1-1 - [B]Record[/B] - 8-4 [B]Round 1[/B] [I]Tentative start, neither fighter is willing to commit yet. Yenkini fires off a jab, but it was easily blocked. Rekdal fakes a kick, then comes in hard and fast with a takedown, sending Yenkini to the floor. The momentum causes Rekdal to almost go completely over the top though, and Yenkini is able to flip him to the side and end up on top, in the guard position. Yenkini throws out a right hand, parried away by Rekdal. The guard is quite tight, for the moment at least Yenkini looks content to stay there and throw some punches. Rekdal isn't offering any sort of attacking threat yet, instead concentrating on keeping the strikes from landing. A big punch is driven into the ribs, Rekdal thought it was going for the face. Another punch lands in the same place, and a red mark starts to develop. Rekdal reaches up and pulls Yenkini down into a clinch, and tries to work an armbar from the bottom. Yenkini defends it easily, and gets in a sharp jab to the face too. He stands up slightly, leaning forward into the guard, and starts throwing some right hands. One gets through, the others are parried. Rekdal looked like he might be considering trying to apply a triangle then, as Yenkini was very exposed, but he didn't get a chance due to the ferocity of the punches. Yenkini gets back down to kneeling in the guard. Another right hand lands to the ribs. Rekdal fires off two punches from his back, but Yenkini defends them easily by simply leaning backward out of reach. Yenkini stands again, the guard remaining tight around him, and throws another couple of bombs. This time Rekdal does try to apply the triangle, and an armbar at the same time, but Yenkini breaks free. Time is ticking down, looks like Rekdal will survive this ground and pound attack. The round ends without further note. End of the round[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com scores 10-9 Yenkini[/B]. [B]Round 2[/B] [I]The round begins, and it is Rekdal who starts better, energetically bounding straight into action by throwing a three-punch combination and a scything leg kick. Yenkini defended all four blows well, but is forced to be on the backfoot right from the word go. Rekdal works for an angle, coming in from the left hand side with a high right hand. Yenkini ducks under it and nestles a stiff jab in the solar plexus. It doesn't seem to slow Rekdal down much though, as he swiftly turns and hits a crisp left to the side of the head, followed almost instantly by a mid-level kick that smacks above the hip of Yenkini. Interesting first minute of action, Rekdal is looking particularly sharp. Yenkini tries to turn the momentum by advancing quickly and driving Rekdal back against the cage with a series of jabs and hooks, and they end up clinched. Yenkini tries a knee from that position, but it is blocked. Rekdal scores with two sharp blows to the ribs, and then they break away from each other. Yenkini looks to be working an angle. They square up to each other in the center. Rekdal throws a head fake and comes in from low down to hit a rising shot that catches Yenkini on the side of the head. Yenkini got a shot in too though, although it hit the shoulder rather than the head. Time is running down; Rekdal has probably done enough to win the round, but it has turned quite scrappy since the clinch against the cage, both will probably be slightly unhappy with that. Yenkini tries a late surge, coming in hard and fast with a leading left, but Rekdal defends it well and scores the only meaningful shot of the exchange with a crisp left hand. That's the end of the round[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Rekdal[/B]. [B]Round 3[/B] [I]Rekdal doesn't hold back, starting by immediately shooting in for a takedown. Yenkini sprawls and keeps him at bay. Rekdal pushes harder, but Yenkini has the much better position and manages to flip him over, putting Rekdal on his back. Yenkini gets sucked into his guard though. Yenkini fires off a couple of tentative punches, testing out the guard of Rekdal. Yenkini tries to pass the guard, but can't, Rekdal isn't going to let him get a better position, as he knows that Yenkini will start raining down punches. Yenkini tries a big right hand, but it's easily defended. Rekdal gets a punch of his own in, but it didn't connect properly. Yenkini again tries to get past the guard, but again is foiled. It's turned into a bit of a stalemate, although the referee probably won't stand them up as long as the punches continue to flow. Yenkini fakes an elbow before trying to pass the guard for a third time, and briefly has side mount, but Rekdal fought it hard and gets back to guard within seconds. Butterfly guard by Rekdal, and Yenkini is having trouble generating any attacking threat. He'll probably win the round as he has been more aggressive, but Rekdal has defended the danger well. The round ends[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Yenkini. The judges are split; Casim Yenkini gets 30-27 from the first, Thorbjorn Rekdal gets 29-28 from the second, the third gives 29-28 to Casim Yenkini. Casim Yenkini gets the split decision victory. [/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Result: Casim Yenkini by Judges Decision(**)[/COLOR][/B] VS [B]- Lightweight Division - "First Strike" Marcus Speed vs "Hillbilly Hammer" Luke Hilton[/B] 5'11" - [B]Height[/B] - 5'6" 155lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 152lbs 4-0 - [B]Record[/B] - 5-2 [B]Round 1[/B] [I]Speed starts fast, firing off several crisp jabs that keep Hilton on the back foot. A solid left hits gloves, but it's really just a set-up for Speed to step in and use an uppercut. Not sure how much of it caught Hilton, but certainly enough to to make him grab a clinch to stop any further punishment. Great start to the round from Speed, it has been total domination so far. The clinch is broken, and the two fighters exchange some long range jabs that are easily avoided. Hilton is looking a little lost so far, Speed is controlling this round by virtue of his crisp accurate punches and higher aggression levels. Both fighters circle. Speed leads with the left, then moves in and gets in a wicked right hand that grazes the cheek. Hilton was fortunate there, if that had landed properly it would have been over. Hilton comes back with a leg kick to set up a one-two combination, but the round is coming to a close and it's going to be too little too late. The one bright spot for Hilton is that although Speed clearly won the round, he didn't actually turn that dominance into any sort of real damage. End of the round[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com scores 10-9 Speed[/B]. [B]Round 2[/B] [I]They circle each other. Hilton misses with a low kick, and Speed darts in to hit a jab before retreating. They come together and exchange punches, both got a few shots in. Speed is looking much lighter on his feet, and keeps moving in, hitting a few punches, then getting back out of range. Hilton is trying to catch him coming in, but doesn't have the timing quite right. It happens again. Speed isn't getting much power on the punches, but he is getting ahead on points. Hilton tries to get in close, but Speed is keeping moving, and isn't letting himself get cornered. Hilton looks to be working an angle. Speed gets a solid punch in, catching Hilton just above the left eye. Hilton finally gets a clinch, forcing Speed up against the cage, but it's too little, too late as the round ends. End of the round[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Speed[/B]. [B]Round 3[/B] [I]Speed starts fast, coming out almost immediately with a three punch combination. None of them get through, and Hilton manages to squeeze a jab of his own through and score just above the left cheek. They exchange a flurry of blows right in the center, it's difficult to see who got the best of it, and both of them retreat a few steps to recover. Good start to the round, early indications are that this is going to be all about the striking, neither fighter has even hinted at going for a takedown. Hilton uses a low kick to set up a nice right hand, and Speed is forced back against the cage. Hilton picks his shots and gets a big punch to the body in. Speed uses a couple of looping punches to make Hilton keep back, but it doesn't last for long, as Hilton bursts forward and hits two big right hands, taking a counter punch to the body though, and they wind up in a clinch. They exchange weak-looking blows from that position, before the referee grows tired of the inactivity and breaks them apart. Speed scores with a low kick. Hilton glances at the referee, not sure why. Hilton unwinds a right hook that narrowly misses. That will be the last action of the round though. End of the round[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com scores 10-9 Hilton. The official scores are: 29-28 from all three judges for Marcus Speed. [/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Result: Marcus Speed by Judges Decision(**)[/COLOR][/B] VS [B]- Welterweight Division - for the Welterweight Championship "Human Time Bomb" Robert Darrell vs "Dangerous" Darin Blood(c)[/B] 5'11" - [B]Height[/B] - 5'11" 170lbs - [B]Weight[/B] - 158lbs 7-2 - [B]Record[/B] - 4-0 [B]Round 1[/B] [I]Slow start, both fighters are throwing tentative punches without threatening anything more powerful. Blood puts together the first exciting moment, stringing together four punches in quick succession, but Darrell defended well. Straight right from Darrell in response, but it caught nothing but gloves. They start circling. The referee tells them to fight, the lack of action so far is worrying. They get in close and exchange body shots, Blood probably getting the slightly better punches in, and then fall into a clinch. That goes nowhere, and the referee separates them. Darrell gets a nice kick in just before the time expires, but it's unlikely that is going to stop the judges giving that round to Blood. End of the round[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Blood[/B]. [B]Round 2[/B] [I]Blood and Darrell circle to start. Darrell throws a couple of looping punches, neither hitting, while Blood sits back, waiting for an opportunity to attack. Darrell comes in closer, looking to unload with a right hand; that misses, and it allows Blood to slip a nice jab in, catching Darrell just underneath the right eye. Blood comes in and scores with a straight left, then bounces a right hand off the body. Darrell misses with a right cross, then backs off. Blood stalks him, forcing Darrell back up against the cage. Blood doesn't rush in, instead standing back and throwing the occasional punch. Darrell throws a big left hand in response, but it misses by quite a margin. Blood pounces, hitting lefts and rights. Darrell covers up from the first two punches, then clinches up to prevent any more coming in. They're up against the cage, Blood in the dominant position. They remain that way as the time ticks down. Blood throws the occasional knee, but can't really do much with his arms tied up like that. The referee finally tells them to break, and they return to the center. That clinch ate up a lot of time though. Darrell comes in hard and fast, bobbing and weaving, and throws a couple of big shots. Blood parries them with his gloves and scores with a well-executed counter punch, hitting just above the eye. They come in close again, throwing punches, but wind up clinched again. The time expires with them like that, and that round will definitely go down in Blood's favour. The 2nd round ends[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Blood.[/B] [B]Round 3[/B] [I]Blood pushes Darrell back against the cage, and is able to use that as a set up to taking Darrell down the mat, landing in side control. Darrell tries to scramble into a better position, but Blood grabs an arm and tries to lock a hold in. Darrell bucks him over, and manages to wind up on top, but Blood still has the arm, and now has his legs wrapped around it. Darrell hits a flurry of left hands to the back and thighs of Blood, who is almost upside down now. It's no good though, as Darrell cannot get his arm free, and as soon as Blood starts to sink the hold in fully, there's no choice but to tap out[/I]. [B]Official time of the armbar submission is 0:43 of the third round. Darin Blood is still the KUF Welterweight Title champion. [/B] [COLOR="Red"][B]Result: Darin Blood defeated Robert Darrell by Tap-Out in 0:43 of the third round(*) [/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]Thursday, Week 2 March 1997[/B] [B]The Last Stand:[/B] Knuckle Up! will be losing two more champions. In unfortunate news, Light-Heavyweight Champion, Aleksei Chekhov and Lightweight Champion, Brandon Sugar will be leaving the company in a month. Much like former Heavyweight Champion, Dave Lennon, Chekhov & Sugar have agreed to defend their titles one last time before leaving. Brandon Sugar has agreed to defend his Lightweight Championshiop against Marko Prochazka. Marko is looked at as one of the top Lightweights in MMA. He's coming off of a loss, losing against Marcus Speed at Knuckle Up! 5, and looks to redeem himself by winning the Lightweight title. If Marko manages to win the championship he will defend it against Marcus Speed in a re-match later on in the year. If Brandon Sugar retains his championship then the Lightweight title will be vacated and decided in a Tournament. Light-Heavyweight Champion, Aleksei Chekhov, has his hands full when he takes on the best pound-for-pound fighter in MMA, Nicolai Mickiewicz. Nicolai is undefeated in Knuckle Up!, defeating Jemaine McKenzie by Decision and T.K.O.'ing Glenn Pimm. Mickiewicz made it clear that he's ready for a title fight and now he's getting one. This will be Chekhov's greatest test to date. If Aleksei Chekhov retains his championship then the Light-Heavyweight title will be vacated and decided in a Tournament. [B][U]Knuckle Up! Fighting 8 - The Last Stand:[/U][/B] [B]Light-Heavyweight Championship[/B]: "Fists of Death" Aleksei Chekhov(c)(10-2) vs "The Scourge of Europe" Nicolai Mickiewicz(12-1) [B]Lightweight Championship:[/B] "Sugar Rush" Brandon Sugar(c)(9-2) vs "The Man of Steel" Marko Prochazka(11-3) "The Baby-faced Assassian" Steven Griffin(4-1) vs "Truckman" Truck Gleeson(7-1) "No Surrender" Glenn Pimm(6-9) vs "The Mack Attack" Petey Mack(7-2) "Storm Trooper" Jamie Hewitt(1-1) vs "The Diamondback" Cory Brewer(7-6-1)[/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]Date: Saturday, Week 1 April 1997 Location: Florida Attendance: 465 (live gate: $27,650)[/B] vs [B]- Lightweight Division - "Storm Trooper" Jamie Hewitt vs "Diamondback" Cory Brewer[/B] 5'5" [B]- Height -[/B] 5'10" 149lbs [B]- Weight -[/B] 155lbs 1-1 [B]- Record -[/B] 7-6-1 [B]Round 1:[/B] [I]Slow start, both fighters are throwing tentative punches without threatening anything more powerful. Hewitt puts together the first exciting moment, stringing together four punches in quick succession, but Brewer defended well. Straight right from Brewer in response, but it caught nothing but gloves. They start circling. The referee tells them to fight, the lack of action so far is worrying. They get in close and exchange body shots, Hewitt probably getting the slightly better punches in, and then fall into a clinch. That goes nowhere, and the referee separates them. Brewer gets a nice kick in just before the time expires, but it's unlikely that is going to stop the judges giving that round to Hewitt. That's the end of the round.[/I] [B]Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Hewitt.[/B] [B]Round 2:[/B] [I]Slow start, Hewitt looks content to sit back and let Brewer commit himself, perhaps looking to capitalise on any mistake. Brewer does indeed commit himself, and it's to throw a big right hand, and it hits hard into the gloves, forcing Hewitt to back up against the cage. Brewer steps in and unleashes a second, but this time Hewitt was ready and a right hand counter hits Brewer, who is leaning in to his own punch, right on the chin. Brewer goes down, stunned. Hewitt dives in and hits a beauty of a right hand, but gets sucked into the guard before he can do any more damage. Good recovery from Brewer. Brewer has the guard held very high. Hewitt throws a big right hand, but almost puts himself right into a triangle as a result, and he is forced to fight free. Brewer throws a punch and it lands right above the nose. Hewitt throws four massive punches as a response, threatening to try and knock Brewer right through the canvas, Brewer is forced to simply cover up and try to survive. Hewitt is controlling the round from this position, although it has to be said that he hasn't yet truly looked like he can stop the match from here. Brewer moves to butterfly guard and then tries to scramble back up, but Hewitt stops that by throwing another set of big punches, forcing Brewer to go back to the full guard. The round ends with them still like that, with Hewitt having totally controlled the round from the guard. That's the end of the round[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Hewitt.[/B] [B]Round 3:[/B] [I]Nice fast-paced start from Hewitt, who gets right in Brewer's face from the beginning of the round, throwing some crisp jabs and then a vicious uppercut. The two jabs got parried, the uppercut missed as Brewer side-stepped. Brewer fires back with a left hand, then a right to the body. Hewitt steps in, but only into a waist-high kick from Brewer. Hewitt is quick though, and manages to catch it around the knee. Using it as leverage, Hewitt sweeps Brewer's standing leg and takes them to the ground. Brewer quickly pulls guard. Brewer has the guard held very high. Hewitt throws a big right hand, but almost puts himself right into a triangle as a result, and he is forced to fight free. Brewer throws a punch and it lands right above the nose. Hewitt throws four massive punches as a response, threatening to try and knock Brewer right through the canvas, Brewer is forced to simply cover up and try to survive. Hewitt is controlling the round from this position, although it has to be said that he hasn't yet truly looked like he can stop the match from here. Brewer moves to butterfly guard and then tries to scramble back up, but Hewitt stops that by throwing another set of big punches, forcing Brewer to go back to the full guard. The round ends with them still like that, with Hewitt having totally controlled the round from the guard. The round is over[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Hewitt. Jamie Hewitt wins, with a score of 30-27 from two judges, 29-28 from the other. [/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Result: Jamie Hewitt defeated Cory Brewer by Judges Decision(*)[/COLOR][/B] vs [B]- Light-Heavyweight Division - "No Surrender" Glenn Pimm vs "Mack Attack" Petey Mack[/B] 5'11" [B]- Height -[/B] 5'11" 187lbs [B]- Weight -[/B] 186lbs 6-9 [B]- Record -[/B] 7-2 [B]Round 1:[/B] [I]Dull first sixty seconds to the round, as neither fighter looks willing to commit much to attack. They're both looking for angles to come in from, but they're constantly countering each other. A crisp jab from Pimm that almost found its way through the guard is the sole highlight as we reach the minute mark. Mack looks to be working an angle. Mack ducks out of the way of a punch, then back steps quickly, just in time to avoid the uppercut that was coming. Better from Pimm, although no damage has actually been done yet. Mack gets in close and clinches up with Pimm. They jossle for position. Mack uses a trip to take them both down, and swiftly transitions into a side mount. Pimm blocks an arm bar attempt, but is having trouble keeping the full mount from happening. Mack scores with a nice elbow, and there is the full mount. Pimm is wide open, and takes two hard punches to the face. Mack takes the arm. Pimm is fighting it, but it looks like it's only a matter of time. The kimura is applied, and Pimm has no choice but to tap[/I]. [B]Official time of the kimura submission is 2:38 of the first round.[/B] [B][COLOR="red"]Result: Petey Mack defeated Glenn Pimm by Tap-Out in 2:38 of the first round(**)[/COLOR][/B] vs [B]- Welterweight Division - "The Baby-Faced Assassian" Steven Griffin vs "Truckman" Truck Gleeson[/B] 5'8" [B]- Height -[/B] 5'10" 164lbs [B]- Weight -[/B] 160lbs 4-1 [B]- Record -[/B] 7-1 [B]Round 1[/B] [I]Griffin is forced onto the backfoot almost immediately, having to retreat to avoid a series of sharp jabs. He ends up with his back to the cage, with Gleeson advancing. A sharp right misses, and Griffin takes the opportunity to pull Gleeson in to a tight clinch against the cage. Gleeson tries to break free, but cannot. It looks like we know the strategies for this round already; Gleeson wants to stand and bang, Griffin wants to keep things at close quarters. Gleeson tries for an elbow, but only succeeds in getting turned around so that he is now the one against the cage. Trip from Griffin, and we're down to the ground. Griffin has side control, but Gleeson has landed with his left hand side against the cage, so that side of the body is basically safe for now. Griffin will have to try to work the right-hand side, and starts by ramming a knee into the ribs. Gleeson tries to squirm into a better position, but Griffin puts a stop to that with a stiff elbow to the stomach. Griffin tries to work a kimura on the right arm, but Gleeson defends it. Gleeson manages to bring a knee up and catch Griffin in the side, something of a cheeky move given his position. Griffin responds with five or six rapid-fire right hands to the face, but Gleeson covers up and doesn't take any serious damage at all. Time is ticking away though, and so far Griffin may be easily winning the round, but he is not taking full advantage of this great position. Griffin tries to float over into a mount, but Gleeson uses the cage to push away and manages to unbalance Griffin enough to get to a kneeling position, then standing, albeit back into a clinch. A knee from Griffin is the last action of the round. That's the end of the round[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Griffin.[/B] [B]Round 2:[/B] [I]Griffin comes out fast, and looks like he is aiming for a quick takedown, but Gleeson stops that plan with some looping punches. Solid right hand from Gleeson connects, and that's the best moment of the opening minute of the round. Griffin is mainly defending against punches, it looks like he is trying to work an angle to try for a takedown. Gleeson seems to have noticed, as he is purposely positioning against that. Straight left from Gleeson, then a low kick, then a wicked body shot. Griffin felt that, and backs off. Griffin tries to get in for a clinch, perhaps looking for a takedown from that position, but Gleeson gets him to back off with some jabs. Gleeson has really been able to stamp his gameplan on this round, Griffin has been blocked at every turn. The 2nd round ends[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com gives that one to Gleeson by 10-9.[/B] [B]Round 3:[/B] [I]Griffin pushes Gleeson back against the cage, and is able to use that as a set up to taking Gleeson down the mat, landing in side control. Gleeson tries to scramble into a better position, but Griffin grabs an arm and tries to lock a hold in. Gleeson bucks him over, and manages to wind up on top, but Griffin still has the arm, and now has his legs wrapped around it. Gleeson hits a flurry of left hands to the back and thighs of Griffin, who is almost upside down now. It's no good though, as Gleeson cannot get his arm free, and as soon as Griffin starts to sink the hold in fully, there's no choice but to tap out.[/I] [B]The official time of the armbar submission is 0:50 of round 3[/B]. [B][COLOR="red"]Result: Steven Griffin defeated Truck Gleeson by Tap-Out in 0:50 of the third round(*)[/COLOR][/B] vs [B]- Lightweight Division - for the Lightweight Championship "The Man of Steel" Marko Prochazka vs "Sugar Rush" Brandon Sugar(c)[/B] 5'10" [B]- Height -[/B] 5'6" 154lbs [B]- Weight -[/B] 152lbs 11-3 [B]- Record -[/B] 9-2 [B]Round 1:[/B] [I]Slow start, both fighters are throwing tentative punches without threatening anything more powerful. Procházka puts together the first exciting moment, stringing together four punches in quick succession, but Sugar defended well. Straight right from Sugar in response, but it caught nothing but gloves. They start circling. The referee tells them to fight, the lack of action so far is worrying. They get in close and exchange body shots, Procházka probably getting the slightly better punches in, and then fall into a clinch. That goes nowhere, and the referee separates them. Sugar gets a nice kick in just before the time expires, but it's unlikely that is going to stop the judges giving that round to Procházka. That's the end of the round.[/I] [B]Blurcat.com has it down as 10-9 Procházka[/B]. [B]Round 2:[/B] [I]Procházka and Sugar circle to start. Sugar throws a couple of looping punches, neither hitting, while Procházka sits back, waiting for an opportunity to attack. Sugar comes in closer, looking to unload with a right hand; that misses, and it allows Procházka to slip a nice jab in, catching Sugar just underneath the right eye. Procházka comes in and scores with a straight left, then bounces a right hand off the body. Sugar misses with a right cross, then backs off. Procházka stalks him, forcing Sugar back up against the cage. Procházka doesn't rush in, instead standing back and throwing the occasional punch. Sugar throws a big left hand in response, but it misses by quite a margin. Procházka pounces, hitting lefts and rights. Sugar covers up from the first two punches, then clinches up to prevent any more coming in. They're up against the cage, Procházka in the dominant position. They remain that way as the time ticks down. Procházka throws the occasional knee, but can't really do much with his arms tied up like that. The referee finally tells them to break, and they return to the center. That clinch ate up a lot of time though. Sugar comes in hard and fast, bobbing and weaving, and throws a couple of big shots. Procházka parries them with his gloves and scores with a well-executed counter punch, hitting just above the eye. They come in close again, throwing punches, but wind up clinched again. The time expires with them like that, and that round will definitely go down in Procházka's favour. That's the end of the round[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Procházka[/B]. [B]Round 3:[/B] [I]Slow start; nearly a full minute of circling, occasional fakes, and long-range jabs. Neither fighter is creating much. Sugar works an angle, but takes a low kick to the shin when he advances. They clinch, and end up with Procházka backed up against the cage. Sugar gets a couple of right hands to the body, but his attempts at knee strikes are deflected by Procházka, who uses his legs well to defend. Sugar pulls free and takes a step back, then powers in a right hand. Procházka gets out the way, ducks under a second right hand, and backs up to the center. Sugar follows, and we're back to circling. Uninspiring action so far, they've both been fairly devoid of inspiration. Sugar hits a couple of right hands, both hitting gloves, then a left hand to the body that connected. That was the best shot of the round so far. Procházka tags him with a flicked jab to the cheek, but it had virtually no power on it. Procházka leans in to a looping left, but it puts him off balance and it's only at the last second that he gets his chin out of the way of a vicious right cross that comes back. If that had hit, we may have had a knock out. Time runs out with them standing, circling again. End of the round.[/I] [B]Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Sugar.[/B] [B]Round 4:[/B] [I]Procházka throws a combination but gets smothered into a clinch. They back up against the cage. Sugar hits a wicked uppercut, taking Procházka completely by surprise, then starts wailing away with lefts and rights. Procházka can only cover up against the ferocious attack, but that doesn't stop a couple of big shots landing. More shots rain down, and Procházka is getting obliterated, he can't throw any counter punches as he can't move his hands down without getting hit again, and he can't get past Sugar to safety either. The referee finally sees enough and covers Procházka up[/I]. [B]Official time of the TKO is 0:44 of the fourth round. Brandon Sugar successfully retains the KUF Lightweight Title title[/B]. [B][COLOR="Red"]Result: Brandon Sugar defeated Marko Prochazka by TKO in 0:44 of the fourth round. (*)[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE]Brandon Sugar thanks Knuckle Up! for giving him the opportunity to fight and announces that he will be vacating the title and leaving the company. He wishes everyone in Knuckle Up! Fighting the best of luck. The Lightweight Championship will be decided in an upcoming tournament. Check back for more details.[/QUOTE] vs [B]- Light-Heavyweight Division - for the Light-Heavyweight Championship "Scourge of Europe" Nicolai Mickiewicz vs "Fists of Death" Aleksei Chekhov[/B] 6'2" [B]- Height -[/B] 6'0" 204lbs [B]- Weight -[/B] 202lbs 12-1 [B]- Record -[/B] 10-2 [B]Round 1:[/B] [I]The two fighters circle. Mickiewicz flicks out a couple of jabs, then an unconventinal looping right hand. Chekhov easily side-steps it, but trips and falls to the ground! He is up quickly, before Mickiewicz could get in. Replays confirm that it was purely a stumble, the punch was well wide of the mark. Chekhov moves in, ducks under a big right hand, and gets two crisp jabs in before getting smothered into a clinch. One of those jabs landed hard, Mickiewicz is a little rattled. They struggle in the clinch, both throwing small punches to the back and ribs. The referee separates them. Mickiewicz forces Chekhov back up against the cage, and starts throwing jabs. He looks to be keeping Chekhov in position, waiting to unload a big punch. Mickiewicz does, lunging in with a huge right cross, but Chekhov saw it coming and goes underneath it, scoring with a right hand to the gut on the way past. Mickiewicz turns and tries to follow up immediately, but gets tagged with a wicked left hook that drops him to one knee. Mickiewicz is up quickly, causing Chekhov, who was about to dive in, to back off. Replays show that the punch connected, but Mickiewicz was already going downward to duck the punch, so it wasn't as powerful as first thought. Mickiewicz throws a high kick, but it doesn't do anything but cause Chekhov to step back. The time expires without anything further of note happening. The first round is over[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com scores it 10-9 for Chekhov.[/B] [B]Round 2:[/B] [I]They meet in the center. Mickiewicz hits a nice jab, a second misses. Chekhov steps in close and hits a brutal body shot, causing Mickiewicz to back up quickly. That was a really powerful shot. Chekhov stalks Mickiewicz, flicking occasional jabs. It looks like Chekhov wants to stand and trade punches with Mickiewicz. Chekhov gets within striking distance and throws a bomb of a right hand, narrowly missing. Mickiewicz fires off a raking left hook in response, but that is off target too. They meet and exchange punches. Mickiewicz goes for the body, but gets tagged with a left hand to the side of the head. Mickiewicz is rattled by it, but doesn't step off, instead throwing a couple of crisp jabs. Chekhov throws another big punch, this time thundering it into Mickiewicz's shoulder. They clinch. So far it looks like Mickiewicz simply can't live with the power that Chekhov has in his hands, you get the sense that if this continues, Mickiewicz is going to wind up knocked out sooner or later. The clinch is broken, but within thirty seconds they are right back in it, this time leaning against the cage. By the time that is broken, the round only has a few seconds left. End of round 2[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Chekhov[/B]. [B]Round 3:[/B] [I]They circle to start, both throwing a few tentative jabs. An uppercut misses its mark from Mickiewicz, providing the first moment of real action. Chekhov hits a nice combination of body shots to set up a big right hook, but Mickiewicz side-stepped to safety. A few punches get thrown, but there's a lack of real action to talk about. Chekhov is being slightly the more aggressive, but neither fighter is really going for it. They come together again and exchange punches, but no big shots get through, and they end up clinched for a while. The referee separates them, but the time is ticking away and this round looks like it's going to the judges. The 3rd round ends[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Chekhov[/B]. [B]Round 4:[/B] [I]Mickiewicz starts fast, coming out almost immediately with a three punch combination. None of them get through, and Chekhov manages to squeeze a jab of his own through and score just above the left cheek. They exchange a flurry of blows right in the center, it's difficult to see who got the best of it, and both of them retreat a few steps to recover. Good start to the round, early indications are that this is going to be all about the striking, neither fighter has even hinted at going for a takedown. Chekhov uses a low kick to set up a nice right hand, and Mickiewicz is forced back against the cage. Chekhov picks his shots and gets a big punch to the body in. Mickiewicz uses a couple of looping punches to make Chekhov keep back, but it doesn't last for long, as Chekhov bursts forward and hits two big right hands, taking a counter punch to the body though, and they wind up in a clinch. They exchange weak-looking blows from that position, before the referee grows tired of the inactivity and breaks them apart. Mickiewicz scores with a low kick. Other than a few half-hearted jabs, there's been a definite lull over the past minute. Chekhov unwinds a right hook that narrowly misses. That will be the last action of the round though. The fourth round is over.[/I] [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Chekhov[/B]. [B]Round 5:[/B] [I]Mickiewicz throws a straight right, batted away by Chekhov. Mickiewicz goes for a second, but gets beaten to the punch as Chekhov scores with a kick that catches Mickiewicz across the outside of the knee. Chekhov throws another one, and this time it lands just above the same knee. Mickiewicz backs off slightly. Chekhov throws a high jab, then head-fakes and comes in with a left hook from low down. Mickiewicz fires back with a crisp right hand that connects to the shoulder rather than the face. Chekhov throws another fizzing low kick, again connecting with the knee. Mickiewicz tried to check it, but couldn't in time. Those strikes are going to add up soon and start reducing his mobility. Chekhov throws another kick, this time at chest-height, but it's merely a set-up to allow him to come in fast and start throwing a series of jabs. Mickiewicz covers up, throwing occasional straight rights in return. Chekhov backs off, but not before cracking another kick into the thigh region. Time is running down, Mickiewicz has failed to deal with those kicks, and it has definitely cost him this round, and possibly done some damage to his knee. The fifth round is over[/I]. [B]Blurcat.com sees it 10-9 to Chekhov. The official scores are in; two judges give 50-45, the other 49-46, all for Aleksei Chekhov. Aleksei Chekhov retains the KUF Light-Heavyweight Title title. [/B] [B][COLOR="red"]Result: Aleksei Chekhov defeated Nicolai Mickiewicz by Judges Decision (**)[/COLOR][/B] [QUOTE]Aleksei Chekhov says that it was an honor to fight Nicolai Mickiewicz in his last fight in Knuckle Up!. He apologizes for leaving but says that the next Light-Heavyweight Champion will be as good as he is. The Light-Heavyweight Title is vacated and will be decided in an upcoming Tournament.[/QUOTE] [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]Mickiewicz injured:[/B] [I]Nicolai Mickiewicz was injured during his Title fight at Knuckle Up! Fighting 8 card. He suffered a stomach injury and will be out of action for one to two months. We wish him a speedy recovery. [/I] [B]Mark Bicknell Knuckle Up!'s:[/B] [I]Knuckle Up Fighting is proud to announce the signing of British Cage Fighting's Heavyweight Champion Mark Bicknell. Bicknell is a 10-3 Heavyweight fighter who promises to dominate Knuckle Up!'s Heavyweight Division. [/I] [U][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][B]Knuckle Up! Fighting Offical Rankings:[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/U] [B]Heavyweight Champion:[/B] Rav Kapur #1 Mark Bicknell #2 Marvin Stevens #3 Eddie Whelan #4 Brian Barnes #5 Eugene Clough [B]Light-Heavyweight Champion:[/B] Vacant #1 Nicolai Mickiewicz #2 Jacob Matthaus #3 Petey Mack #4 Michael Bannon #5 Percy Catcher [B]Middle Weight Champion[/B]: Bixente Fontaine #1 Casim Yenkini #2 Uwe Maier #3 Wayne McKellen #4 Zachery Gilbert #5 Thorbjorn Rekdal [B]Welterweight Champion[/B]: Darin Blood #1 Lukas Mellberg #2 Marcello Orberto #3 Steven Griffin #4 Will Kane #5 Korekiyo Anzai [B]Lightweight Champion[/B]: Vacant #1 Marcus Speed #2 Jason Dalglish #3 Marko Prochazka #4 Juan Pablo Rique #5 Luke Hilton [/CENTER]

Archived