Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided

Maximus

Has anyone here played it and if so how is it? I am thinking about getting it even though it is $15 per month. Things I like to know are; Gameplay Graphics Sound Value Tech Support Expansion (Jump to light speed is coming out I have read) Is it boring? Basically, I am looking for a space sim that will have the shelf life that Ultima Online & Everquest has. I have played other MMOGs sims such as World War II Online which is great IMO. Any other space sims worth looking at? Thanks.

Nope, I've thought about it, but just can't bring myself to pay that much for a game. Just figured I'd throw a long list of reviews in there, as they should tell you everything you want to know. Only thing is, what you're asking is opinion. Everyone in the world could say it's great, and you not like it. So, that's a sort of a problem. Unless you study for a reviewer who you can pinpoint as having the same game tastes as you. Which is difficult.

I've played this game for more than a year, since before it was released and... Gameplay - 8. Combat is fun enough, there are a lot of cool, fun, and profitable things that can be made by player-crafters. The social/RP/PVP scene varies greatly from server to server, and place to place. The game is constantly expanding. At release, we didn't even have personal transportation, and had to hop shuttles to get from city to city, and then walk to wherever we wanted to go, and this is a big game, too. The larger planets are 20km square. Now we have landspeeders that travel 8-15 meters a second(depending on the model). Droids, foods, and jedi have been completely overhauled since launch, Smugglers and the Galactic Civil War are going t be overhauled, and there have been almost a dozen large dungeons added. Graphics - 10. This game is very very pretty. Demanding on your system, but, very very pretty. Incredibly detailed character models, and beautiful scenery- the endless wastes of Tatooine, the green and purple wilderness of Dantooine, the strange and majestic Agrilat Swamps... One of my favorite activities is exploring and wandering the planets, taking screenshots, and posting them to my guilds' message board. Sound - 7 combat sounds, speeders, player music, animal, and other sounds are pretty good, but there isn't nearly enough background music Value - I think they're selling it for $30 at best buy now... Tech Support - Horrible. The developers on the official message boards are pretty good, but the Customer Service Reps in-game? ugh. Expansion (Jump to light speed is coming out I have read) - I think it's coming out at the end of this month. Is it boring? It really depends on your playstyle. I know a lot of people who complained that there wasn't enough to do early on, and most of them played the game for 4-10 hours a day, everyday, and did nothing but grind out combat skills. Most of the long-term players i know play for maybe 0-3 hours a day, plus or minus longer weekend sessions, and tend to be more involved with the in-game community.

Archived