Total Wrestling Alliance

We join the news conference as it begins: RECAP FOOTAGE: The final moments of [URL="http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showpost.php?p=2353269&postcount=2140"][B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Summation[/COLOR][/B][/URL], Off Topic Wrestling's recent return to television, are shown. The emphasis is on the license plate number of the limousine TC Dale left the building in. The video flashes and a raspy voiced male is heard saying that "questions still loom". As the voice says this, the video recaps the very ending of the show, where OTW commissioner abailey3313 flipped off his cell phone after speaking cryptically to an unknown party on the other end and entered a limousine with an identical license plate. As the limousine is shown pulling off, the same raspy voice mutters "the answers are coming" as the video fades off. The cameras fade in to a gymnasium packed with reporters, photographers, and excited wrestling fans. At the head of the room is a black stage with two separate podiums, reminiscent of a political debate set-up. There's a pitch black curtain hanging behind the stage that says "THE FUTURE" in bold red letters with a gigantic question mark logo in the center. The audience talks amongst themselves for a moment, until finally a man wearing a navy blue based suit walks up the small set of stairs beside the stage and positions himself between the two podiums. Flash bulbs begin going off, as the reporters raise their voice recorders into the air. Holding a microphone, the man begins introducing the event. "Ladies and gentlemen," he begins, "at this time I would like to introduce to you the owner of Off Topic Wrestling, TC Dale, and his business associate and commissioner, abailey3313!" The flash bulbs multiply as the two men walk up onto the stage from different sets of stairs placed on each end. All smiles, they acknowledge the crowd and then take their places at their respective podiums. They each adjust their stationary microphones, as TC Dale finally begins to address the fans and media. "It's not like a magician to reveal his tricks," says Dale, "but that's exactly our purpose here today. You see, there was a lot of confusion a few weeks back when Bailey and I were caught on camera leaving the Summation event in the same limousine. A lot of people were questioning the validity of the match we'd just had, while others were curious what that meant for the future of Off Topic Wrestling. Today, we're going to lay everything out on the table and get those questions answered." TC gestures for Bailey to step in. "First of all, I'd like to make it as clear as possible that the event you witnessed -- that match for the ownership rights to the company -- was one hundred percent legitimate," says Bailey. "The entire event was the cumulative brain child of TC and I and that match was a part of it. We're both strict competitors and we wouldn't have had it any other way. But we're also both businessmen and that match was the cornerstone of a somewhat elaborate business plan." Bailey takes a step back from the podium while flash bulbs continue popping. TC Dale adjusts his podium mic again and then elaborates. "It's pretty simple. That whole story I shared about how I was able to acquire the ownership rights to OTW was all true," Dale says. "But that was only a small piece of the puzzle. I'd never had the working relationship with the roster that Bailey had. He knew the guys far better than I did. So when I acquired the rights to the company, I came up with the idea to put together one final show to bid the fans a true farewell. I figured, hey, why not put a few extra bucks in my pocket and gain hero status with the fans for bringing back the greatest wrestling organization they'd ever seen?" With an arrogant smirk, Dale backs off the microphone. Some of the fans in the back of the gymnasium, sensing his ****iness, start to boo him. Bailey hears the boos and jumps in. "So TC contacted me about getting the old roster back together for one night," Bailey says. "But like I said: we're both businessmen. So if I was going to get involved with the project, it wasn't going to be without a price. And that's where the idea for our match came from." TC Dale steps back to the podium, smirking all the while. "I'll tell you what: Bailey drives a hard bargain," says Dale. "He recognized that there was a whole lot of glory in it for me if I was the one to bring this product back, and so as a term of his involvement, he made it essential that I give him an opportunity to win back the company. And knowing there wasn't going to be a show without him, that didn't leave me much choice. So we agreed to the gentleman's match." At this point, the crowd has quieted down as they try to follow along with this. The flash bulbs continue going off, but to a lesser degree now that many of the photographers have snapped a bunch of photos. "But the terms of the match went beyond ownership of the company," says Bailey. "We both knew there would be a winner and a loser. But because organizing and promoting this event -- not to mention keeping the cat in the bag for such a long time -- was such a big endeavor, neither of us felt that all of the spoils should go to the winner. And so, hinging on the result of our match was not only the ownership of the company, but also specific financial terms." TC grins as he leans in to his microphone. "Without revealing specific dollar amounts," says Dale, "I'll break down what we agreed to. The terms were pretty simple. If Bailey had won the match, he would have received ownership of the company, which would have entitled him to royalties and given him the ability to reignite OTW if he so chose. Meanwhile, I would have received one hundred percent of the night's income: ticket and merchandising revenue from the show, pay-outs from HBO, and whatever money poured in once the DVD of the event goes on sale." "But the terms if I won," Dale continues, "were the opposite. I had no intention of bringing the company back, so the royalties would be entirely mine -- enough annual income to never have to work another day in my life. And for his troubles of bringing the roster back together and helping orchestrate the event, he would be entitled to one hundred percent of the income solely related to the event." A few reporters begin to yell out questions now, as Bailey holds his hand up signaling for them to quiet down so he can chime in. "And so that brings us to today," Bailey says. Before he can elaborate, TC Dale jumps in again. "So everyone wants to know the future of Off Topic Wrestling, right? Everyone wants to know whats next," says Dale. "Well, as the sole owner of the company, I have only one thing left to say: Off Topic Wrestling is closed for business!" The fans at the back of the room begin to boo loudly, as the flash bulbs pick up again and reporters yelp out questions. Dale stands at his podium with a confident smirk on his face, then looks across at Bailey, who doesn't seem moved by the announcement. Instead, he smugly leans back in towards the microphone. "Well, maybe," Bailey says. "See, TC, I know you were excited to come here today and close the door on Off Topic Wrestling and then go off somewhere to retire off your royalties. And I hate to rain on your parade, but I've got an announcement of my own to make." Dale shrugs his shoulders, almost as though he doesn't care what Bailey has to say. "The thing is, Summation, sold a lot of tickets. And at that event, there was a ton of merchandise sold. And as you know, Dale, HBO paid quite the bounty to televise that event." On the other side of the stage at his podium, Dale gestures for Bailey to get on with it. "What I'm trying to say is, Summation made me a lot of money. And I've taken that money and invested it. And at this time, TC Dale, I'd like to introduce you to my investment..." Bailey takes a step back from the podium and gestures with his arms towards the big curtain hanging above them. Dale is still smirking confidently. Then, the black curtain with the giant question mark drops, revealing a new curtain with an unfamiliar logo. And beneath the logo are three words... [IMG]http://wrestling.totalsportsworld.net/images/TSWr_green.jpg[/IMG] "...TOTAL SPORTS WRESTLING!," yells Bailey. [URL="http://wrestling.totalsportsworld.net"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]http://wrestling.totalsportsworld.net[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL] The photographers in the room immediately begin clicking pictures, while the reporters start to yelp out questions while holding their recorders above their heads. Across the stage from Bailey, TC Dale stands with his mouth ajar in complete disbelief as he stares up at the huge logo on the curtain. Before he can question what he's witnessing, Bailey steps back to his podium. "Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to announce that I am, in fact, the owner of Total Sports Wrestling," Bailey says. "I'd also like to announce that my new company has a full broadcast contract with Total Sports World Programming, which is going to expand our audience and allow me to create a better product than I ever have before." He pauses and looks across at TC Dale, who appears to be too shocked to display how absolutely livid he is. "I'd also like to make available the names of the first talent signings in TSWr history," Bailey says. "Those names, might I add, contain one half of the current OTW World Tag Team Champions as well as the undefeated OTW Continental Champion! However, I won't be speaking those names here today. Instead, I ask that you all hurry off to the brand new Total Sports World website, where those names are listed!" Bailey lifts the microphone out of its holster on his podium and steps forward. The photographers continue on their picture taking marathon, while the reporters and fans continue to make their voices heard. Bailey then stands directly in front of Dale, leaving only the podium in between them. They face off for a few minutes, until Bailey addresses the situation. "Dale, I congratulate you on your victory at Summation," Bailey says. "But I know that you've got ownership of OTW in your back pocket. I also know that you're not the type of man to ever back down from a challenge -- especially not a public one. And so, with that said, I'd like to challenge you, Dale, to one more 'gentlemen's match'. But this time, I'm not asking to wrestle you. I'm asking you to make good of that ownership and bring Off Topic Wrestling back." He pauses and grins right in Dale's face. "I'm asking you to bring it back, Dale... to go head-to-head with my Total Sports Wrestling!" With that, Bailey lays his microphone down on the top of Dale's podium and adjusts his tie. Without saying another word, he turns around and walks off the stage and through an exit door beside it. The fans in the room cheer, while the press continues at work, with Dale standing in shock on the stage all the while. He doesn't address the room, but instead bangs his fist on the top of the podium and walks off the stage. __________________

If your not aware, OTW was a highly successful thread on the OOTP forums for some time. OTW has joined forces with [URL="http://www.totalsportsworld.net"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]TSW[/B][/COLOR][/URL] to create the [URL="http://wrestling.totalsportsworld.net/"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Total Wrestling Alliance[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. I'll be updating this thread with the events of TWA, but to follow along even closer visit TWA's website: [URL="http://wrestling.totalsportsworld.net/"][B][COLOR="SeaGreen"]http://wrestling.totalsportsworld.net/[/COLOR][/B][/URL]. Also, to learn more about OTW's story, and where it came from this thread at TotalSportsWorld.net is a great recap of it's history: [URL="http://www.totalsportsworld.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18400"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]http://www.totalsportsworld.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18400[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

[CENTER][img]http://www.totalsportsworld.net/images/TSWlogo.jpg[/img][/CENTER] Total Sports World is thrilled to welcome Off Topic Wrestling to its community, and look forward to the continuation of one of the longest threads in the OOTP Boards. [B]What is Total Sports World? [/B]Total Sports World (TSW) has been in operation since July of 2007. The mission is simple: To provide the best community location for online sports gamers involved in sports from various genres and gaming platforms. Here, an individual can talk about real life events, visit the TSW Arcade, listen to the fabulous radio shows created by wonderful personalities, or even become a member of one of the 11 current member leagues that make up TSW. All leagues provide a unique approach to their particular sport, and are from multiple companies promoting the games we love, such as Out of the Park Developments, Grey Dog Software, and Wolverine Studios. As of December 9th, 2007, Total Sports World has welcomed 3,000 unique visitors to the website for its 2nd straight month! It’s also a 41% increase since finishing the first month of July with 1,976 unique visitors! Our goal is to minimally have 5,000 unique visitors a month by February 2008! We're also shooting to have 500 registered members by the end of this year, a goal we should attain with this exciting announcement. TSW is the place to go, and you should consider it as a part of your day! As abailey indicated, registration is free at TSW. We look forward to your arrival! Look around, see the fun we have!

Archived