Im sorry but I gotta say it....

Besides TPF....I'm dying to see what Arlie comes up with for a [B]pro football [/B] sim the next time around (assuming there will be that next time). :) Dont get me wrong, TPF is great but I want the opprotunity to import my saved careers into other versions ( like OOTP). Since TPF is no longer Arlies'.......this option to import careers for TPF into any other pro football sim seems very unlikely. :( Ahhhh, I cant wait to see what you come up with Arlie.

[QUOTE=Maximus]Dont get me wrong, TPF is great but I want the opprotunity to import my saved careers into other versions ( like OOTP). Since TPF is no longer Arlies'.......this option to import careers for TPF into any other pro football sim seems very unlikely. :( [/QUOTE] That was my assumption as well but I was told that that's not necessarily going to be the case.

I play solo leagues only. Does this utility support solo leagues? This utility sounds familar to the ones you have done for Madden. I would like to see a utility made for TPF/ *any of Arlies future work* like Catobase (used for OOTP). Do you even make utilites for Madden anymore? Heh, I bought Madden 2005 (PC of course) and boy that was a mistake. EA removes features/options from past versions only to then add them back into newer versions and they have the *balls* to call them new! What a joke....... ....To get back on topic, is there a download site for this draft utility and if so is there a read me? Thanks again.

[QUOTE=Maximus]I play solo leagues only. Does this utility support solo leagues? This utility sounds familar to the ones you have done for Madden. I would like to see a utility made for TPF/ *any of Arlies future work* like Catobase (used for OOTP). [/QUOTE] The utility is designed for a multiplayer league. But you could mimic the results of a single player draft using the utility. If I ever find time, I'd like to create a Catobase-like utility. But at this time I'm not sure TPF warrants one since its future is so uncertain. [QUOTE]Do you even make utilites for Madden anymore? Heh, I bought Madden 2005 (PC of course) and boy that was a mistake. EA removes features/options from past versions only to then add them back into newer versions and they have the *balls* to call them new! What a joke.......[/QUOTE] Nope. Since they removed using custom teams in franchises, that killed our league (CMFL which played custom since Madden 2001). I've kind of given up on EA. I think (just speculating) that their NFL license prohibits them from doing certain things. And their failure to market the PC version towards PC strengths (customization and 3rd party utility support) has finally driven me away. [QUOTE]....To get back on topic, is there a download site for this draft utility and if so is there a read me? Thanks again.[/QUOTE] Not yet. Still tweaking as my league draft continues. I need to get it functional enought that it doesn't require a ton of support to install and use.

I got started on TOPCAT (MADCAT for TPF :)), but didn't get much past doing the database and admin end of it. I'm currently swamped with a Madden league I'm Co-Commishing and building all the tech for, so I can't imagine finding the time to get back to it. :( Like Bob said, it's hard to justify putting out a big utility for TPF when its future is uncertain. brad

• 4 weeks later...
[QUOTE=btmlltt]Haven't touched it in months. I may just wait for a new game from Arlie, rather than invest time in a utility for a game that current has an extremely small niche that would only get smaller with a new game out. brad[/QUOTE] I can understand that. I would wait too. What I would LOVE to see is something to the effect like Catobase for OOTP. Now that would be awesome. Catobase for pro & college football...... :cool:

Archived