Open Martial Entrepreneur Group of Asia

Name: Open Martial Entrepreneur Group of Asia Based: Asia (Eastern Asia) Opened: July 1996 Profile: A small start up in Hong Kong, OMEGA tries to emulate ALPHA-1 in the hopes it can one day reach their size and net worth. They use all ALPHA-1 rules of MMA except spiking an opponent onto his head or neck is illegal and all matches are to be held within the confines of a ring. Weight Classes: Women's Lightweight (106-120) Women's Middleweight (121-135) Women's Heavyweight (136-155) Lightweight (146-165) Middleweight (166-185) Light Heavyweight (186-205) Middle Heavyweight (206-235) Heavyweight (236-265) The next post will always be edited to contain the current situation.

Current Situation Day: Sunday, Week 4, July 1996 Funds: $23,589 Size: Tiny World Ranking: #5 (last) Asia Ranking: #2 (last) Asia Economy: above average (in decline) Owner: Gombei Kobashi Primary Sponsor: Koba $10,000/month (until May 1997) Secondary Sponsor: DailyFlight.com $8,000/month (until May 1997) Tertiary Sponsor: Darsow Demolitions $6,000/month (until May 1997) Reputation with Fans, Media, Fighters: Decent Personal Reputation: Awful Overall Performance: Unknown Overall Best Event: Unknown Overall Best Match: Unknown Popularity Asia: Awful Eastern Asia: Very Poor South Eastern Asia: Awful Southern Asia: Awful Everywhere Else: None Champions Women's Lightweight: Vacant Women's Middleweight: Vacant Women's Heavyweight: Vacant Lightweight: Vacant Middleweight: Vacant Light Heavyweight: Vacant Middle Heavyweight: Vacant Heavyweight: Vacant

• 2 weeks later...
Current Plans All corporate options will be left at the initial default settings, except all regional marketing settings will be changed to None in all regions. Try to sign three sponsors to maximum length, then save money and grow popularity in Asia by holding only one event per month with four matches. Announce the next event as soon as the current event is complete to insure proper advertising (from help file, 3-5 weeks before event). Try to schedule all matches the same day the event is announced. Try not to schedule an event on the same day as another promotion's event. All fighters will be signed to minimum base pay, minimum win bonus, minimum signing bonus and maximum length set standard contracts. The number of matches will be determined by dividing the maximum length of the contract they want by four. Try to hire fighters that already have some popularity in Asia, after that employ fighters with the highest excitement, then fighters with the highest charisma. Try to hire fighters in groups of eight from one weight class and then hold an initial single elimination tournament over several events to crown the first champion for that weight class. Since my owner is a play-by-play announcer, hire a color commentator for when I eventually have a TV or PPV deal. (Yeah, not really needed at a size of Tiny and a waste of money.)

On Monday, Week 1, July 1996, I announced my first card, OMEGA 1, as taking place in my home town of Hong Kong on Saturday, Week 4, July 1996. No matches were scheduled since I didn't have any fighters signed yet. From the six available sponsors with size of small and finances of low, the three that I picked (DailyFlight.com, Darsow Demolitions, and Koba) decided to sign with OMEGA. The maximum length each would sign was 10 months. I hired Satomi Hara as an exclusive color commentator for $300/month for 36 months. There were six fighters available for hire that had a popularity in Asia of at least very poor. Three of them were in my lightweight class, Datuk Ong Ka Ting, Indriyanto Setyo Nugroho, and Taufik Wijaya, so I decided I would start with 8 lightweight fighters. Those three got offers, along with Jamie Hewitt and Luke Hilton who both had excitement values of at least good. There were six more fighters who had excitement values of at least decent in my lightweight class: Cory Brewer, Darin Blood, Marko Prochazka, Rodolphe Gygax, Scott Gillespie, and Truck Gleeson. The three with the highest charisma got offers: Cory, Marko, and Scott. All 8 fighters that received offers decided to sign contracts with OMEGA, which was a surprise and probably won't happen again. Current Roster (Career Earnings are since July 1st, 1996) Rank (Pound For Pound Rank) Name (Record) Career Earnings Lightweights (146 lbs. - 165 lbs.) 1 (1) Marko Prochazka (10-2) $0 2 (2) Taufik Wijaya (32-16-2) $0 3 (3) Cory Brewer (7-4-1) $0 4 (4) Luke Hilton (4-1) $0 5 (5) Indriyanto Setyo Nugroho (12-13) $0 Scott Gillespie (2-0) $0 Jamie Hewitt (1-0) $0 Datuk Ong Ka Ting (0-0) $0

Tuesday, Week 2, July 1996 Having finished signing all eight fighter, I announced the following matches for OMEGA 1. Lightweight Matches Jamie Hewitt (1-0) vs. Datuk Ong Ka Ting (0-0) Scott Gillespie (2-0) vs. Marko Prochazka (10-2) Indriyanto Setyo Nugroho (12-13) vs. Taufik Wijaya (32-16-2) Lightweight Main Event Cory Brewer (7-4-1) vs. Luke Hilton (4-1) Now I need to sign the fighters for my next event, there are still 3 fighters available that have at least very poor popularity in Asia: Khru Duangjan, Stratos Papaioannou, and Xie Ming. Two of them qualify for my middle heavyweight division (206 lbs. - 235 lbs.), so I will attempt to sign both Khru and Stratos along with 6 other middle heavyweights. Dave Lennon, Derek South, Eddie Whelan, Mark Bicknell, and Shane Gilchrist have an excitement value of at least decent. So I will attempt to sign these five, and I need one more. Garry McSweegan and Russell McPhee both have an excitement level of mediocre but neither have much charisma, so I will attempt to sign Garry McSweegan who is currently employed by BCF.

Sunday, Week 2, 1996 Mark Bicknell picks up a foot injury while training that will keep him out for another 39 days. So, while I have decided I will sign him if he accepts my offer, he is definitely off next month's event. Also, Stratos Papaioannou rejects my offer, so now I need to make two more offers, one to Russell McPhee. And, since the remaining fighters that qualify for my middle heavyweight division have less than mediocre excitement values, I go with who has the best charisma. And both Harry Milne and Perry Barr have excitement values at least Fantastic. So, I choose the currently employed Perry Barr to receive an offer of employment from OMEGA. (Looks like my tie breaker after best charisma will be to attempt to hire the currently employed fighter.) Shane Gilchrist is the only middle heavyweight to sign with OMEGA at the moment.

Friday, Week 4, July 1996 Just one day before my first event and I finally get my eighth uninjuried middle heavyweight fighter to sign, Randall Donnelly. So, as long as they don't get booked in a BCF fight in the next day or so, I will have a complete card for OMEGA 2. BCF are currently booking their event, and I believe 3 or 4 of those fighters are employed with BCF. Fighters that rejected signing with OMEGA: Stratos Papaioannou (signed exclusive contract with ALPHA-1), Garry McSweegan (still is non-exclusive with BCF), Khru Duangjan (unemployed), Perry Barr (still is non-exclusive with BCF), and Harry Milne (signed exclusive contract with ALPHA-1). Which is funny because Khru and Stratos were the two fighters with popularity in Asia that caused me to go after 8 middle heavyweights. The only remaining fighter available to hire with popularity in Asia is Xie Ming (a middleweight in my classification) and he is currently considering an offer from ALPHA-1. Current Roster (Career Earnings are since July 1st, 1996) Rank (Pound For Pound Rank) Name (Record) Career Earnings Middle Heavyweight (206 lbs. - 235 lbs.) 1 (1) Shane Gilchrist (11-2) $0 2 (2) Dave Lennon (6-1) $0 3 (3) Eddie Whelan (10-2) $0 4 (5) Mark Bicknell (8-3) $0 (foot injury: out for 27 more days) 5 (8) Jesse Singh (4-3) $0 6 Oscar Gomez (8-14) $0 Randall Donnelly (3-1) $0 Russell McPhee (3-0) $0 Derek South (1-0) $0 Lightweights (146 lbs. - 165 lbs.) 1 (4) Marko Prochazka (10-2) $0 2 (6) Taufik Wijaya (32-16-2) $0 3 (7) Cory Brewer (7-4-1) $0 4 (9) Luke Hilton (4-1) $0 5 (10) Indriyanto Setyo Nugroho (12-13) $0 Scott Gillespie (2-0) $0 Jamie Hewitt (1-0) $0 Datuk Ong Ka Ting (0-0) $0

Saturday, Week 4, July 1996 OMEGA 1 (Eastern Asia) Lightweight Match Jamie Hewitt (1-0) vs. Datuk Ong Ka Ting (0-0) Datuk Ong Ka Ting is the more physical fighter. Blurcat's Prediction: Datuk Ong Ka Ting via submission. Lightweight Match Scott Gillespie (2-0) vs. Marko Prochazka (10-2) Marko Prochazka has more experience. Blurcat's Prediction: Marko Prochazka via TKO. Lightweight Match Indriyanto Setyo Nugroho (12-13) vs. Taufik Wijaya (32-16-2) Taufik Wijaya has more experience. Blurcat's Prediction: Taufik Wijaya via submission. Lightweight Main Event Cory Brewer (7-4-1) vs. Luke Hilton (4-1) Cory Brewer has more experience. Blurcat's Prediction: Luke Hilton via knock out.

Archived