Young lion question...

I accidentally put two young lions over those who weren't recently, but I have not seen much adverse effect. Is it just a momentum drop? Popularity has remained the same, but I can't tell with momentum since I'm barely Regional and so none of my people really have high momentum. What are the young lion penalties? Also, where is the point where one ceases to be a young lion? Adam has previously stated D+ as the point when a worker is no longer a young lion, but one of the accidents I spoke of was because the one who got beat was at D, and so I assumed "not a young lion". There should be a tag or something stating whether a worker is a young lion or not, because when half your roster is right on the line, it makes it impossible to distinguish.

[QUOTE=Anubis;339506]There should be a tag or something stating whether a worker is a young lion or not, because when half your roster is right on the line, it makes it impossible to distinguish.[/QUOTE] They don't walk around with T-shirts proclaiming "Yes, I Am A Young Lion" in real life either; it's part of the booking challenge to decide when it's time to start pushing them properly.

I usually just do whatever I want with people unless they're obviously notaed as Young Lions. Using a real World mod makes this easier too, because I know who NJ's young lions are. But there are times where if I use Milano Collection AT and put him over TAKA Michinoku, I get a road agent note saying the fans didn't like the young lion Milano getting a win over TAKA. When in New Japan right now, Milano is held with a much HIGHER standard than TAKA is. So it's kinda hit and miss for people that aren't designated as young lions. And the system as a whole should allow for a few upset wins. Like New Japan is running a show on 12/23 (or 24 can't remember) where 3 of their young lions are facing 3 of their main eventers in singles matches. If one of them happens to get an upset, it would boost their momentum, not lower it.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;339558]They don't walk around with T-shirts proclaiming "Yes, I Am A Young Lion" in real life either; it's part of the booking challenge to decide when it's time to start pushing them properly.[/QUOTE] Thing is, as a Regional promotion where very few of my people are not considered young lions, and they're all on the line just about to cross, it's not realistic that one show the fans consider the worker a young lion, and then the next "the fans don't buy a young lion like this other person going over the worker who's suddenly not a young lion seven days after previously being a young lion", which is what happened to me.

Archived