is there any reason to not just take all available investors when u start a promotion? is there a better chance of a fighter doing well if u wait a while after he becomes available again (after his last fight) before booking hiom? is there a better chance of a fighter doing well if he has a longer notice of an upcoming fight? if so, would giving him a long time to train for a few fights have a permanent effect of his stats? are different regions into different things (like US into striking, brazil into submissions)? your character has no age, right? so you can go on forever, right? does the default database have future promotions? does setting a fight to be 5 10 minute rounds have more of a potential for being boring/exciting? are different weight classes more popular in different regions?

I can answer a couple of your questions: As far as I can tell, no, there is no reason not to take all available investors off the bat unless you're hoping for another investor to come along later in the game (I think Adam said this could happen in certain instances) or you want to limit your start up cash. However, keep in mind, you only get 3 investors to start, so if you're playing as Mittens Blurcat you have to make a choice which 3 you want as due to his reputation, he gets many offers from investors at the start. There are currently no other companies in the database except for the 4 the game starts with.

I am no expert, but I am 4 or 5 years into the game. So I will speculate. Unless I really don't know. [QUOTE=RepoMantaur;346733]is there a better chance of a fighter doing well if u wait a while after he becomes available again (after his last fight) before booking hiom?[/QUOTE] I've wondered this, but in my experience no. They come back when they are 100% ready. Some fighters come back after 5 days of training, others come back after 23! Even if there are no injuries are involved! [QUOTE=RepoMantaur;346733]is there a better chance of a fighter doing well if he has a longer notice of an upcoming fight?[/QUOTE] That is a similar question. No I've had fighters pull off 5 star fights after fighting 2 weeks previous to the 5 star fight. When they're ready they're 100% ready in my experience. [QUOTE=RepoMantaur;346733]if so, would giving him a long time to train for a few fights have a permanent effect of his stats?[/QUOTE] I've given fighters 2 months to train only to get 2 star matches. [QUOTE=RepoMantaur;346733]are different regions into different things (like US into striking, brazil into submissions)?[/QUOTE] Not that it says anywhere on the region. I would assume it's the same everywhere. [QUOTE=RepoMantaur;346733]your character has no age, right? so you can go on forever, right?[/QUOTE] I hope. I've played TEW games for 20 years in the game time, I never died or retired yet. [QUOTE=RepoMantaur;346733]does the default database have future promotions?[/QUOTE] Nope... but there was an update to WMMA 1.1 that had more fighters. Maybe it has more promotions, but the 1.0 version had 4 promotions and only 4. You can go create your own in the database then import them. That is what I did... but unfortunately there are only enough fighters to sustain 4 promotions so the 5th promotion is spinning it's wheels getting no where fast! [QUOTE=RepoMantaur;346733]does setting a fight to be 5 10 minute rounds have more of a potential for being boring/exciting?[/QUOTE] Boring... seriously boring. A 50 minute fight between 2 people that counter punch is a whole lot of nothing! [QUOTE=RepoMantaur;346733]are different weight classes more popular in different regions?[/QUOTE] Not that I've seen and not that is listed.

Archived