My Mod...

Worg

Okay, I mentioned it in another thread, but I'm going to mention it here. I'm creating a mod that's going to mesh with Adam's CornellVerse, and expand it with another 6 American promotions. They're small and regional, with 20-40 wrestlers per promotion. I'm also going to have a good number of "free agent" wrestlers. As of right now, I wanted to post here... I've finished 68 workers. The executives, referees, and female wrestlers. If anyone enjoys making move sets and such, I could use some help with that aspect of it, but I can handle it myself. Just'd get it done more quickly with help. ::chuckle:: A great many of them also have pictures. Gotta love the internet.

Okay... Added a bit more to the mod. Now has 12 new promotions. 8 US, 2 Canadian, and 2 Australian. Been doing som research, and noticed that the US, Canada, and Australia have a lot more little feds. So... I made some more, since the CornellVerse is pretty thinly populated in these countries. D. Boon's Ghost has been kind enough to grant me permission to use moves from DOTT, so I've merged those with the original default moves, and also added a few new ones of my own. I am working on finishing the rosters now. Version 1.0 will use generic movesets. Eventually, I will add custom movesets, including custom finishers, to as many wrestlers as possible. I will also release two versions. One with JUST my created promotions, and one with the promotions merged with the CornellVerse, which is my ultimate intention with this mod. And, no, I dunno when it'll be ready. Hopefully in the next week or so.

This sounds great, and I can't wait to play it. Now it'll be a lot easier to build-up your over in preperation for the big feds... great idea, thanks for doing it.

• 2 weeks later...
Up to 265 workers. Another 80-90 to go, and then there will easily be enough workers to staff the 12 promotions, plus leave some free agents. This will especially go well once the Default database and this one are merged. I've also added an armload of moves from DoTT to the default files, and added a few of my own. (Thanks, Ghost.) Initially, the wrestlers will be using Default movesets, based on their style. Conceivably, I will add custom move sets to each wrestler, to include the moves that were not a part of the default database, and thus the generic movesets. Once I have the worker databses finished, I'll release a beta version of the information, so folks can see how the info works, and to get feedback on adjustments to moves, movesets, and worker profiles. Thanks.

On a side note, I should have the worker framework completed tomorrow (later today, my time) some time. If you're interested in checking it out in the beta format (generic movesets, some wrestlers lack bios, and some other minor things) lemme know.

If you want feedback in here... Looking through the database, none of the promotions have TV shows or events. They'll only run 1 show a month this way... which would leap to a very slow career.

Also, when you merge it with the Cornellverse, you're gonna have to pick which Dread you want - Yours or... well, not yours. Edit: Why is everyone so old!? There are about 10 people in their 20's and that's it.

Oooooo kay. I merged the CornellVerse and the Worg-Verse (if anyone can come up with a better name, lemme know. The RoseVerse just sounds silly.) and uploaded to the beta site, same as before. Everyone who downloaded it before, feel free to grab it again. Also added some pics and a few profiles while I was (slowly) going through and setting all my original guys' move sets. Fixed all the TV shows, events, and belts. The CornellVerse name duplicates (Menace and Dread) have been fixed. Renamed em Dead Man and Threat, respectively. Also adjusted ages so they fit more with a 2005 start-date. So, basically, there's another dozen feds, roughly 320 more workers of varying quality, a buttload of moves - of my own, and from DoTT (mostly DoTT) - move pics from DoTT and myself, and a bunch of other stuff. Right now, the only staff in place on most of the new feds is the ownership and head booker. Eventually, I'll prolly add more contracts. Right now, though, my priority was to merge the databases and make sure they worked together.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived