Skills for man vs. zone coverage

It's a similar set of skills, just with a different emphasis. Zone coverage focuses on: Coverage, Agility, instincts, acceleration, speed, jumping and some others. Man focues on: Coverage (a little more than zone), speed, acceleration, Agility, instincts, jumping and some others. So, from a high level, Coverage is important to both. But, for Man, look more at speed, acceleration and then agility. While, for zone, focus more on agility, instincts and then speed/accel.

[QUOTE=Vegas Vic;349477]I've searched through the posts, and I can't find anything that relates to specific skills relating to man vs. zone coverage. In some text sims, the players are given ratings on man and zone defense, but that's not the case with BBCF.[/QUOTE] Yeah, the reason I did this (and am doing so in the pro game) is I prefer the method of giving people all the intrinsic information and letting them see how they all work together. Now, it is important to provide more feedback in this case as you can't very well give people a ton of individual skills and then say "you get no help, figure it out". Still, I think it's the most fun and it gives me the most flexibility from an engine standpoint. For example, if I have a guy with "Pass Rush Speed" of 90 and a QB with "Scrambling Speed" of 90, who's faster? Now, in this setup, I can have a DE with speed and acceleration of 70-75 (prob equates to a 90) and a QB with speed and acceleration of 80-85 (similar rating for QB) and know that the QB is faster in my engine. I also like the analysis level. IE, I'm looking for a zone DB and it makes sense to focus more on agility, instincts and acceleration than straight speed since he will be playing more in space and not running as much with the WR.

Thanks for the explanation, Arlie. I'm enjoying the gameplanning aspect of the game. I seem to be able to do better with the offensive gameplanning, but so far I'm getting better results defensively with the "recommend" button. With some more practice, I should see better results.

Archived