Arlie: Looking for some insight

Arlie..... first, I realize your extremely busy and do not have the time to address every email that is addressed to you, I am hoping here to receive some possible guidance if you do by chance have a moment. I have become actively involved in an online league using BBCF and was offered to join the forums pro football league using a game you are familiar with. I initially had no problems, then after going through the draft and the first 2 games of the season I began getting a run time error '91'. After doing some searching I found that from time to time this issue cropped up in the past with this game and something may have been done to correct it. Unfortunately nothing I have done seems to do anything. I am hoping that you may be able to offer some idea(s) that I may try/do from your past experience. Some additional info: OS: Vista RAM: 2gb CPU: Intel Celeron 3.3 Ghz Video: ATI 2600 After the initial issue I deleted and reinstalled the game at least 15 times, on various drives. At one point feeling it may be due to a corrupt registry reference I reformatted my drive, reinstalled the game and had the same result from the beginning. Reading online about this specific error I have even attempted to install MDAC and MS Jet to see if there was any impact which doesn't seem to do anything (Vista?). I realize you are working on a new version of this game and again may not have the time but I am hoping for some guidance or direction to a possible solution if one may exist. Lastly I want to pass on my appreciation as a mature man new to online gaming, as well as the appreciation of many fans that have found your work and are enjoying hours of gameplay. Nolan Bryant (nbryant58@gmail.com)

Have you tried restarting a career from scratch to see if it works OK? Sometimes some different mods have caused this issue. If you like, send me a zip with your .sav, stats.dat and setup.dat files from yout save folder and I can look at it. My email is [email]arlie@greydogsoftware.com[/email] and if you could send me a step-by-step process to how you get the error (as well as send me the save), I can try to figure out your issue.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes thats the case Arlie. BBCF and FOF function fine, TPF won't run past the opening screen at all getting the same run time error "91" all the time. Fresh installs have not helped. Even installed an older version (1.29) just to see and had the same issue.

• 4 months later...
Arlie.... wanted to offer a last bit of insight on this error 91 issue. I found that I had ongoing issues and isolated it to using MS Defender and downloading updates. I tried doing a system restore but found that defender updates were not reconfigurable. Once I downloaded and installed Vista SP1 whatever the issue was it is corrected. Not sure if this makes any sense or is usable in anyway. Apologize for not having specifics. As a member of a couple of leagues using your products looking forward to future revisions or additions. Best of luck. Nolan

Archived