Runtime Error 1004: Unknown

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE=bmnanney;372199]If no one is going to help me can i please get my money back, because i submited a form and no one has responded and its been a month. And this is ridiculous[/QUOTE] I feel your pain too. My issue has made the game unplayable and no one seems to care. I made a post in the main forum about a refund and they locked it up. Its a shame because I want to support this company and buy more of their products but this customer service is just bad and I'm going to probably have to use E-license to get my money back.

The difficulty here is because the enormous set of PC configurations, it's difficult for us to give everyone a "quick fix" for all errors. With few exceptions, we have gotten people working eventually on running this game. A runtime error 1004 can be numerous things and we have run into it before. Here are the usual culprits: 1. Incorrect version of JET or MDAC that causes a control to not have the proper calls used by BBCF for updating the database. - we have tech support links to download both control sites on our site in the downloads area. 2. One of the DLLs or OCXs that are in the installation package does not get properly registered. You can see a list of all DLLs and OCXs in your install log in the folder for BBCF It could also be things like the PC not having admin rights when installing, different hard drive configurations (ie, having split Windows folders) and a host of other issues. We try and give as much help as we can, but a specific PC configuration that few people have is a much tougher problem for us because there's nothing inheirant to the game we can verify. Moving forward, if you could send me (arlie@greydogsoftware.com) or scott (scott@greydogsoftware) your install.log file, we can also see if any specific control has issues. Finally, we do offer a free, time unlimited demo that people can install and play. We also give the ability to continue any career started with the demo with the purchased version. So, if you have had issues in the past, we highly recommend installing the demo and playing the first season prior to purchasing.

Archived