Editing rivalries for ongoing careers

Has anyone tried to edit a team's rival with an ongoing save without starting a new league? Changing a rival and starting a new league is not a problem, but what if you wanted to change it in year 6 going forward? For instance, I am Baylor and my rival was set to Texas Tech when the league was created. In year 6, I have decided that my new rival will be Oklahoma in preparation for the inevitable beatings I will soon give the Sooners. How do I do that while keeping the league going? Editing the stats file does not seem to be doing the trick. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the replies, but are y'all trying to change them [B]within an existing universe[/B] ? Within the Teams database, not only is a team's rival defined there, but also a team's prestige. Because the prestige listed in the table is different than what the actual game save shows, I am thinking that editing this Teams DB mid-universe does not do anything. Thoughts? Objections? Example: Start a new league. Set Tennessee's rival to Vandy. Sim a season or 2. Try changing Tennessee's rival to Florida. Re-load the game and see if your rival changes and the game reflects it.

[QUOTE=HomerSimpson98;372674]Thanks for the replies, but are y'all trying to change them [B]within an existing universe[/B] ? Within the Teams database, not only is a team's rival defined there, but also a team's prestige. Because the prestige listed in the table is different than what the actual game save shows, I am thinking that editing this Teams DB mid-universe does not do anything. Thoughts? Objections? Example: Start a new league. Set Tennessee's rival to Vandy. Sim a season or 2. Try changing Tennessee's rival to Florida. Re-load the game and see if your rival changes and the game reflects it.[/QUOTE] Yes. I have done this, and made other changes as well.

Is there a timeframe you are doing it at (i.e offseason, recruiting, etc)? Can you see the prestige numbers the game is going by in your stats file? All I see is the original prestige numbers that were loaded when the league started (and rivalries). Sorry for all the questions, but I've tried 6 ways from Sunday and I still can't get it!!!!:mad:

[QUOTE=HomerSimpson98;372954]Is there a timeframe you are doing it at (i.e offseason, recruiting, etc)? Can you see the prestige numbers the game is going by in your stats file? All I see is the original prestige numbers that were loaded when the league started (and rivalries). Sorry for all the questions, but I've tried 6 ways from Sunday and I still can't get it!!!!:mad:[/QUOTE] You'll have to do it sometime before you run the training sim, and it'll take effect in the next season. I don't think it matters when you do it, but I believe the game consults the stats file for rivalry games when it creates the season schedule, so it will only work if the stats file has been changed when the game does that. The stats file only contains the original prestige numbers, changing those doesn't do anything to the game as far as I know - however, you can change them in the "options" screen in the game.

Cronin, thanks a ton for the replies, but I can do pretty much everything in that stats file [B]but[/B] change the rivalry game BBCF displays. I have changed conferences, team names, the week that certain rivalry games are played from that stats DB, but the game never displays the changed rivalry. The only thing close I have been able to do is schedule a "rivalry" game between 2 teams during the final week, but still, the team info page does not reflect the other as a rival. For example, Baylor and Texas Tech are the original rivals in the game and are displayed as such. I can edit the stats to make OU and Baylor rivals, set them to play in week 15, and then advance to the next season. OU and Baylor always play on week 15 the subsequent season, but the team info page still will show Texas Tech as Baylor's rival and oSu as OU's rival. I hope that makes sense. It is driving me nuts. I can't understand what I could be doing wrong, while others can supposedly do this. When you do it, does the game reflect the changed rival on the team page???? Thanks!

[QUOTE=HomerSimpson98;373845]Cronin, thanks a ton for the replies, but I can do pretty much everything in that stats file [B]but[/B] change the rivalry game BBCF displays. I have changed conferences, team names, the week that certain rivalry games are played from that stats DB, but the game never displays the changed rivalry. The only thing close I have been able to do is schedule a "rivalry" game between 2 teams during the final week, but still, the team info page does not reflect the other as a rival. For example, Baylor and Texas Tech are the original rivals in the game and are displayed as such. I can edit the stats to make OU and Baylor rivals, set them to play in week 15, and then advance to the next season. OU and Baylor always play on week 15 the subsequent season, but the team info page still will show Texas Tech as Baylor's rival and oSu as OU's rival. I hope that makes sense. It is driving me nuts. I can't understand what I could be doing wrong, while others can supposedly do this. When you do it, does the game reflect the changed rival on the team page???? Thanks![/QUOTE] Are you also changing Texas Tech and Oklahoma State's rival, or are you just changing Baylor and OU? Because if you have this situation: Baylor's rival is Oklahoma, Texas Tech's rival is Baylor - Baylor's team page may describe either Oklahoma or TT as its rival.

The following is my stats. On the main page it shows: Baylor's rival as Texas Tech Texas Tech's rival as Baylor Texas' as Texas A&M Texas A&M as Texas OU as oSu oSu as OU (which is the way the league was setup from the start) Oddly enough all the "rival" games listed above are played in week 9. Baylor vs OU - week 7 oSu vs A&M - week 10 Texas vs Tech - week 7 [code] Id SchoolName Abbr Div Conf CityId Rival RivalWeek 36 Baylor Bears BAY 2 5 129 38 0 37 Oklahoma State Cowboys OKST 2 5 244 39 0 38 Oklahoma Sooners OKL 2 5 243 36 0 39 Texas A&M Aggies TXAM 2 5 252 37 0 40 Texas Tech Red Raiders TTCH 2 5 75 41 0 41 Texas Longhorns TEX 2 5 16 40 0 [/code] Now, if I do this below and change the rival week from 0 to 15: On the main page it still shows: Baylor's rival as Texas Tech Texas Tech's rival as Baylor Texas' as Texas A&M Texas A&M as Texas OU as oSu oSu as OU (which is the way the league was setup from the start) But now, Baylor vs OU - Week 14 oSu vs A&M - Week 14 Texas vs Tech - week 14 [code] Id SchoolName Abbr Div Conf CityId Rival RivalWeek 36 Baylor Bears BAY 2 5 129 38 15 37 Oklahoma State Cowboys OKST 2 5 244 39 15 38 Oklahoma Sooners OKL 2 5 243 36 15 39 Texas A&M Aggies TXAM 2 5 252 37 15 40 Texas Tech Red Raiders TTCH 2 5 75 41 15 41 Texas Longhorns TEX 2 5 16 40 15 [/code] Hope this makes sense, and again, thanks for the replies!!!

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;379690]Just make sure that any edits you make are on the stats.dat file in your save game folder prior to loading the game. If you just edit the stats.dat file in the main EXE folder, it will get overwritten the next time you load.[/QUOTE] Thanks for replying, Arlie. The changes are being made in the saves folder, but it still isn't showing me what it should. As I mentioned before, I know it is using my modified stats as I can change the rivalry weeks and it recognizes it (referenced in this thread earlier).

Archived