Prevent a worker from leaving

Jay Briscoe is one of my main eventers and his contract is up in a month. I went to re-negotiate and he said he is upset with the direction I am going and doe snot want to re-sign. Is there anyway I can sway him in a months time t keep him, he is one of my better workers and I do not want to lose him.

Go to options, then click on editor and scroll to "Contracts" click on Briscoe's contract (it should appear as "Jay Briscoe (INSERT PROMOTION NAME HERE)" and extend it, or put it on Written if you're cheeky. :D (That's the cheating way though)

To me personally the game is ten times more fun when you roll with the punches. Part of wrestling in the game and in real life is that wrestlers leave for greener pastures, or even in the WWE. Look at guys like RVD, Big Show, Carlito, Booker T, Kurt Angle, Christian. We've seen it time and time again guys want to try something new or their fed up with not main eventing. Either way I think its much more fun to roll with the punches so to speak. Somebody is leaving, bury them, give them a huge send off, give them a one month run with the title, build up a loser leaves town match. Do something fun to send him off and then bring someone else up to the main event.

Does he dislike or hate you? If not you can usually get them to negotiate by giving them one or two decent wins. Just give him a win or two and try to contact him. Usually, it only takes one or two wins to get them to change their mind depending on how badly you're angered them. At least that's the way I've usually done it.

I agree with you, I was basically looking for a way to "entice" him to stay but if I cannot I will have to let him go. Although the other responses were appreciated, I may use that in the future if the game has an error. Anybody ever had a similar situation in which they talked the worker into staying?

[QUOTE=lordprimeau25;367544]I agree with you, I was basically looking for a way to "entice" him to stay but if I cannot I will have to let him go. Although the other responses were appreciated, I may use that in the future if the game has an error. Anybody ever had a similar situation in which they talked the worker into staying?[/QUOTE] Jack Giedroyc was set to leave ROF in my diary game because we weren't big enough for him anymore. But one PPV defeat later and he was back to a low enough overness level for me to re-sign him for 18 more months!

Jeff Hardy was set to leave in my WWE game, even singed a PPA deal for NJPW... three huge wins later over Hulk Hogan (Forced Job) Triple H (Forced Job) and The Rock (Willing Job) and Hardy suddenly decided he wanted to stay around and he started to pick his game up and after a few months gained his first World Title win after my Smackdown Champion died, so I held a Battle Royal.

For that matter... What does it take to get an unemployed worker to join your fed. Is there any specific techniques that can be used to lure them or at least get them to begin negotiations with you. Specifically there is one worker who has the same popularity as my fed, but will not sign and I am wondering why.

[QUOTE=Stennick;367382]To me personally the game is ten times more fun when you roll with the punches. Part of wrestling in the game and in real life is that wrestlers leave for greener pastures, or even in the WWE. Look at guys like RVD, Big Show, Carlito, Booker T, Kurt Angle, Christian. We've seen it time and time again guys want to try something new or their fed up with not main eventing. Either way I think its much more fun to roll with the punches so to speak. Somebody is leaving, bury them, give them a huge send off, give them a one month run with the title, build up a loser leaves town match. Do something fun to send him off and then bring someone else up to the main event.[/QUOTE] What is interesting is I chose to hold a tournamament with Briscoe making it to the finals against Brother Runt. Runt was in need of a gimmick and role change so I had Runt destroy Briscoe (this was the final day of his contract and my big event for the month). I used the road agent notes- Burial, Domination, and Decisive Win. Some send off for good worke rin Briscoe but if he thinks he is too good for me, screw him. Anyhow I had Runt run-in during my main event and help the heel champion (Kevin Steen) beat my top face (B-Boy), thus turning Runt officially and starting a program with B-Boy. The problem is I don't have much face help below now to run a program with Steen. The other interesting not is prior to this PPV Runt's momentum was like a C-. After this event it had skyrocketed to B-. I have never seen this big of a momentum jump before and since I have only been playign the game for 2 months I am not exactly sure what this means or what I should do with Runt who now has more momentum than anyone in my fed. Was his match some sort of specific formula for increasing momentum?

[QUOTE=lordprimeau25;368572]The other interesting not is prior to this PPV Runt's momentum was like a C-. After this event it had skyrocketed to B-. I have never seen this big of a momentum jump before and since I have only been playign the game for 2 months I am not exactly sure what this means or what I should do with Runt who now has more momentum than anyone in my fed. Was his match some sort of specific formula for increasing momentum?[/QUOTE] If you turn a worker, and the turn is noted as being successful, then they get a big momentum boost - which would explain the 3 grade jump from C- to B-.

Archived