Mod Making Chatter

I would just go with the most reconizable ring name for each worker, unless you know for a fact that the WWE has the name copywrited like Edge, The Big Show, Dudleys, Marcus Cor Von, ect. Why would you go searching for Keiichi Yamada to join your fed when it would be easier to look up Jushin "Thunder" Liger. (Sorry, I actually grew up watching New Japan, not WWF :P)

If you're going to make it harder for everyone to find things because you want the game to be realistic, etc. etc. (which goes against rule #1 of modding - never sacrifice gameplay for realism), then fine. Just be sure to tell us that person's real name in every bio so that we can find him or her when we want to deal with him or her. Sound like too much work? Thought so. In which case, just put workers down as their in-ring names.

If it's absolutely copyrighted by WWE, like Undertaker, Kane, Big Show, they should go by their real names. If it's their real name, or a name copyrighted by them, use that one. In the example of Viscera, he named used should probably be Nelson Knight, as he used that one on the indies. He's never (to my knowledge) used his real name. Gangrel should be Vampire Warrior (once again, I don't think he has ever used David Heath in wrestling). Chances are, if you don't know someone by their real name, you've seen them by a different, non WWE-copyrighted name. As aside, I think it IS possible to copyright Rhino, as it related to professional wrestling. There's a category for that in the USPTO now, I think. But the whole Marvel vs. Terry Gerin (Rhino) thing would go back to the whole thing with Hulk Hogan and Marvel's Hulk.

Archived