Fight League Wales! [Cornelverse]

Hi all, this is an annual update dynasty. I'll provde the breakdown on what has happened in the past 12 months at the end of each year. This includes the winners of awards and the rankings both according to my own system and blurcat! [CENTER][IMG]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc237/richyg13/wmma_dynasty/flw.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] End of 1996! My rankings follow the following rules. Win by Finish (KO, TKO or submission) = 3 points Win by Decision (Unaminous or otherwise) = 1 point Loss by Finish = -1 point Loss by Decision = 0 points Title Win (including defence of title) = +2 bonus points Only matches fought in FLW count towards points. [B]Most Points[/B] [U]Winner[/U] Brandon Sugar - 9 points [U]Runner-Up[/U] Cooper Richardson - 5 points [U]Equal 3rd Place[/U] Derek South - 4 points Norman Pike - 4 points [B]Average Points per Match[/B] [U]Equal Winners[/U] Brandon Sugar - 3 points per match Aleksei Checkov - 3 points per match Petey Mack - 3 points per match [B]Carear Win Ratio[/B] Derek South - 100.00% Petey Mack - 87.50% Brandon Sugar - 83.33% [U]Independent Rankings Rules[/U] [I]Independent Rankings are sorted when a fighter defeats a higher ranked fighter, he will take that fighter's place in the rankings and push all those underneath down one place.[/I] [B]Lightweight Division[/B] [U][I]FLW Independent Rankings[/I][/U] Rankings sorted at end of lightweight tournament Dec '96 1 Brandon Sugar 2 Luke Hilton 3 Cory Brewer 4 Cliff McAddam 5 Gonzalo Ramos 6 Joel Adams 7 Kyle Winterburn 8 Bae Yoon 9 Roy Lynch [U][I]FLW Rankings according to Blurcat[/I][/U] 1 Brandon Sugar 2 Cory Brewer 3 Luke Hilton 4 Cliff McAddam 5 Joel Adams Sugar scored 9 points this year from 3 wins, he also won Blurcat fighter of the year for 1996. He defeated Kyle Winterburn, Cory Brewer and Luke Hilton in the tournament to become the first ever FLW Lightweight Champion! Runners up were Luke Hilton, Cory Brewer and Cliff McAddam who all had 3 points. The Middleweight and Heavyweight tournaments have not been finalised and so therefore there is not enough data to rank them.

Just Concluded the end of 1997! --- Covers events FLW 7 to FLW 18 --- [SIZE="4"][B]Fight League Wales General News![/B][/SIZE] The Company is still at Tiny The Company has $96,768 Popularity in London grew by 5.8% Popularity in Wales fell by 4.1% Popularity in Scotland grew by 2.7% Popularity in Ireland grew by 10.6% FLW is #5 in the world Average Match Rating is 1.07 stars (0.03 up on 1996) [SIZE="4"][B]General[/B] (All Division) [B]Awards[/B][/SIZE] [B]Most Points[/B] [U]Winner[/U] Rav Kapur - 11 points [U]Runner-Up[/U] Darin Blood - 10 points [U]3rd Place[/U] Derek South and Mugur Boc - 8 points [B]Best Average Points per Match[/B] [U]Winner[/U] Roy Lynch - 3 ppm [U]Runner-Up[/U] Rav Kapur - 2.75 ppm [U]3rd Place[/U] Darin Blood - 2.5 ppm [B]Top Career Win Ratio[/B] [U]Winner[/U] Darin Blood and Aleksander Ivanov - 100% [U]3rd Place[/U] Rav Kapur - 89% [SIZE="4"][B]Lightweight Division[/B][/SIZE] Most Points Winner: Darin Blood - 10 points Runner-up: Brandon Sugar - 7 points 3rd Place: Kyle Winterburn - 6 points Darin Blood has made a huge impact on the FLW lightweight division since he joined the company in March 1997. He made his FLW debut in the middleweight division with a win over Susumu Katoh at FLW 10. He then choose to move into the lightweight division and scored a victory over Luke Hilton. The win put him into 2nd place in the lightweight rankings and was given a chance against FLW lightweight champion and 1996 Blurcat Fight of the Year, Brandon Sugar. Blood siezed the oppotunity and won the title in August 1997. He has since then made one defence of the title against Gonzalo Ramos. Also, fighting in BCF this year, Blood has scored a victory over Jeremy Sproule! Blood has notched up 10 points in FLW to win the Lightweight Most Points award and 2nd Place in the FLW General Most Points List! Last year's Lightweight and General Most Points winner, Brandon Sugar, has been confined to second place this year in the Lightweight catergory scoring 7 points from 2 wins and 2 losses. Sugar has had a poor end to 1997, apart from losing his title to Blood in August he has also lost to Luke Hilton dropping his to 3rd in the FLW Lightweight Rankings. Kyle Winterburn has been the suprise package of 1997. He has scored 6 points from 2 wins and a single loss. Despite this, Winterburn has only climbed from 7th to 6th in the rankings but this now places him only one place below a title shot according to FLW rules. Despite his (3 - 5) record, the young lightweight has won all his professional wins in the last three matches and is on an impressive streak combined between his ALpha-1 and FLW appearances. Another good improver is Bae Yoon who has moved up four places over the year despite a weak (2 - 2) record, but these are early days and Yoon has scored two wins on the bounce to end the year. The biggest disapointment is Cliff McAddam who has fallen four places during the year. He has lost both his matches during the year. Losing out to Sugar and Ramos. [I][U]Lightweight FLW Rankings[/U][/I] (brackets show change in places from previous year) 1 Darin Blood (NEW) 2 Luke Hilton (0) 3 Brandon Sugar (-2) 4 Bae Yoon (+4) 5 Cory Brewer (-2) 6 Kyle Winterburn (+1) 7 Gonzalo Ramos (-2) 8 Cliff McAddam (-4) 9 Nicholas Bretton (NEW) 10 Roy Lynch (-1) 11 Pat Troy (NEW) 12 Milenko Rudonja (NEW) [I][U]Blurcat FLW Lightweight Rankings[/U][/I] 1 Darin Blood 2 Luke Hilton 3 Brandon Sugar 4 Nicholas Bretton 5 Roy Lynch 6 Cory Brewer 7 Kyle Winterburn 8 Cliff McAddam 9 Milenko Rudonja 10 Joel Adams (leaving FLW soon) [SIZE="4"][B]Middleweight Division[/B][/SIZE] The Middleweight Tournament was finally concluded in June at FLW 12. The final match saw Aleksei Checkov defeat Petey Mack for the FLW Middleweight Title on the Decision over the fifteen minute single round match! Chekhov won the match following tournament wins over Richardson and Dixon. Chekhov has yet to defend his title due to his comitments with BCF where he has a record of (1 - 1). The loss follows a title shot against Shane Gilchrist. Despite being champion, Chekhov's external commitments have prevented his from scoring many points in FLW and is confined to sharing 3rd place on the middleweight most points award. He is equal on four points with Petey Mack, Gordon Idle and Eli Harris. Its Adam White who has been tearing up the division with 5 wins and a single loss to score 7 points this year since joining the company in January 1997. His only loss has come against the former FLW man, Curt Kitson, in May. Since then, White has moved himself up to 3rd place in the middleweight rankings. Most of White's wins have been on a decision but he has managed to score a KO victory over Bunrakuken Abe. Curt Kitson was set to be a major player in the division before he left to join Alpha-1 part way through the year. Still, he managed to rack up 5 points before his departure from 3 wins. [I][U]Middleweight FLW Rankings[/U][/I] 1 Aleksei Checkov 2 Petey Mack 3 Adam White 4 Eli Harris 5 Tuck Durdell 6 Bill Brown 7 Grant Capelli 8 Bradley Dixon 9 Micheal Bannon 10 Ethan Sutton 11 Susumu Katoh 12 Gordon Idle 13 Travis Jones 14 Korekiyo Anzai 15 Kingo Watanabe 16 Uwe Maier 17 Bunrakuken Abe 18 Norman Pike 19 Bence Bodor [I][U]Blurcat FLW Middleweight Rankings[/U][/I] 1 Aleksei Chekhov 2 Gordon Idle 3 Korekiyo Anzai 4 Petey Mack 5 Uwe Maier 6 Adam White 7 Travis Jones 8 Micheal Bannon 9 Bunrakuken Abe 10 Bradley Dixon [SIZE="4"][B]Heavyweight Division[/B][/SIZE] The Heavyweight Tournament also came to an end during the past year. Derek South was the eventual winner, he claimed the belt after defeating Norman Pike in the final match. South made a successful defence of his title 6 months later against Dave Lennon. His luck came to a close, however, when he faced new man, Rav Kapur. Kapur got his chance to take the gold following a FLW debut loss to Dave Lennon. He rose to the occasion and defeated Norman Pike. He then went on to take the title from South in October with a solid TKO victory. Kapur ends 1997 with 11 points from 2 TKO and 1 Knock Out, plus a bonus for his title win. His only loss was a decision victory for Dave Lennon in June but that put and end to his undefeated record. Kapur has started a new streak, currently with 2 wins as a base for 1998. Kapur has also taken the General All Division Most Points award, 2nd place in the Best Average Points per Match and 3rd place in the carear win ratio. Former champion, South, and Mugur Boc finish the Heavyweight Points rankings in 2nd place with 8 points. South is 2nd in the FLW Heavyweight Rankings and Boc sits in 5th. The for-mentioned Lennon sits kindly in 4th place but its the undefeated Ivanov that has made an instant impression and sits in 3rd place. Ivanov won all three of his FLW matches by Decision, which scores him only 3 points but those wins have come against opponents including Norman Pike, Harvey Loeb and Dave Lennon. Ivanov is (4 - 0) as he is also fighting over in London Based BCF. He got a Decision victory there against Don Norman. [I][U]Heavyweight FLW Rankings[/U][/I] 1 Rav Kapur 2 Derek South 3 Aleksander Ivanov 4 Dave Lennon 5 Magur Boc 6 Kevin Portman 7 Stjepan Andric 8 Bob Dozier 9 Harvey Loeb 10 Brian Barnes [I][U]Blurcat FLW Heavyweight Rankings[/U][/I] 1 Mugur Boc 2 Rav Kapur 3 Derek South 4 Stejpan Andric 5 Kevin Portman 6 Harvey Loeb 7 Dave Lennon 8 Brian Barnes 9 Bob Dozier [SIZE="4"][B]World News[/B][/SIZE] [U]Promotion Rankings[/U] 1 Global Association of Mixed Martial Arts [Enormous] 2 Alpha-1 [Enormous] 3 Women's Extreme Fighting Federation [Small] 4 British Cage Fighting [Small] 5 Fight League Wales [Tiny] 6 The Moscow Cage [Tiny] [U]Fighters[/U] Fighter of the Year 1997: Maarten De Vries (18 - 4) scored (4 - 0) for 1997 Female Fighter of the Year 1997: Jenny DeNeuve (12 - 0) scored (5 - 0) for 1997

Just Concluded the end of 1998! The promotion continues to grow at a reasonable rate, finances have suffered as I've tried to steamroller this year out but I've generally held onto some reasonable talent. --- Covers events FLW 19 to FLW 30 --- [SIZE="4"][B]Fight League Wales General News![/B][/SIZE] The Company is still at Tiny The Company has $64,426 (down on last January) Popularity in London grew by 8.1% Popularity in Midlands grew by 2.3% Popularity in Nort of England grew by 2.5% Popularity in Scotland grew by 2.7% Popularity in Ireland grew by 4.9% FLW is #5 in the world Average Match Rating is 1.30 stars (0.23 up on 1997) The Matches of Lennon vs Kapur and South vs Kapur were 3 star bouts! [SIZE="4"][B]General[/B] (All Division) [B]Awards[/B][/SIZE] [B]Most Points[/B] [U]Winner[/U] Rav Kapur - 16 points [U]Runner-Up[/U] Adam White - 13 points [U]3rd Place[/U] Aleksei Chekhov - 12 points [B]Best Average Points per Match[/B] [U]Winner[/U] Rav Kapur - 4 points [U]Equal Runners-Up[/U] Aleksei Chekhov and Ethan Sutton - 3 points [B]Top Career Win Ratio[/B] [U]Winner[/U] Sukarno - 100% [U]Runner-Up[/U] Rav Kapur - 92% [U]3rd Place[/U] Mugur Boc - 86% [SIZE="4"][B]Lightweight Division[/B][/SIZE] Most Points Winner(s): Brandon Sugar and Pat Troy - 7 points Joint 3rd Place: Bae Yoon and Jeremy Sproule - 6 points 1996 Blurcat Fighter of the Year, Brandon Sugar, has started to make his return known this year. He has topped the points record for the lightweight division, joint with the very impressive youngster, Pat Troy. A succession of defeats from the former champion against, Blood, Hilton and Troy has pushed Sugar down the rankings near the end of last year and the beginning of 1998 but he has bounced back with a trio of wins, two of which were by submission, to put himself back in the frame as a leader in this division. Pat Troy has been the latest success story in the division, despite a dull showing in 1997 only generating a (1 - 1) record for 1997. Troy has come into 1998 storming to the top with a win over Brandon Sugar before continuing his streak against Samba Nakamura and won the lightweight title against Darin Blood! Troy's reign at the top was short however, he lost the title in his first defence against Luke Hilton who currently holds the gold. Hilton is yet to defend his lightweight title due to commitments in BCF and SIGMA. He has won matches in both these other promotions to bring his annual record across all promotions to (4 - 1). Despite only being 24, Hilton's injuries in his young career are threatening his health and potential as a fighter. He is, however, still regarded as a good competitor. Asides from the formentioned PatTroy, its Rudonja and Sproule who look to be new threats in the division as the likes of Brewer and Yoon fail to impress and fall down the rankings. [I][U]Lightweight FLW Rankings[/U][/I] (brackets show change in places from previous year) 1 Luke Hilton (+1) 2 Pat Troy (+9) 3 Darin Blood (-2) 4 Milenko Rudonja (+8) 5 Jeremy Sproule (NEW) 6 Brandon Sugar (-3) 7 Kyle Winterburn (-1) 8 Bae Yoon (-4) 9 Cory Brewer (-4) 10 Nicholas Bretton (-1) 11 Samba Nakamura (NEW) 12 Roy Lynch (-2) 13 William Powell (NEW) 14 Pim Pim Gwon (NEW) [I][U]Blurcat FLW Lightweight Rankings[/U][/I] 1 Luke Hilton 2 Brandon Sugar 3 Darin Blood 4 Pat Troy 5 Bae Yoon 6 Kyle Winterburn 7 Cory Brewer 8 William Powell 9 Jeremy Sproule 10 Nicholas Bretton [SIZE="4"][B]Middleweight Division[/B][/SIZE] Most Points Winner: Adam White - 13 points Runner-up: Aleksei Chekhov - 12 points 3rd Place: Ethan Sutton - 9 points After three successful defences, Aleksei Chekhov finally lost his middleweight title to the man who always looked destined to take it, Adam White. It was the second clash between the two. Chekhov defeated White once before to retain the title, but was so lucky second time round as White took advantage of the extra experience he had gained from beating Anzai, Maier and Mack. White is now sporting a (9 - 2) pro record as champion, which looks like it could be a good reign as he came second in the All Division Most Points award. Chekhov had four wins on the trot in 1998, including a victory over in BCF, before losing out to the new champion. He still managed to score 12 points in total from the 3 wins and 1 loss in FLW. The 27 year old is suffering alot from injuries, wear and tear. Wether the Moscow man will bounce back to reclaim the title remains to be seen. Sutton looks a promise for the division, currently sitting in 9th place in the rankings and finishing with 9 points and sitting in 3rd place in the middleweight most points scores. Gordon Idle, despite his size, has made a good impression on the division and could be a key challanger soon. Mack, Brown and Harris remain challangers in the division, defending their places well. Olsen and Sukarno look promising and are edging their way up along with Maier further down the rankings. Bodor, Capelli, Dixon, Katoh and Watanabe are being cut from the roster before the next show due to their poor performances and awful pro records. [I][U]Middleweight FLW Rankings[/U][/I] 1 Adam White (+2) 2 Aleksei Chekhov (-1) 3 Petey Mack (-1) 4 Bill Brown (+2) 5 Eli Harris (-1) 6 Tuck Durdell (-1) 7 Gordon Idle (+5) 8 Micheal Bannon (+1) 9 Ethan Sutton (+1) 10 Henning Olsen (NEW) 11 Grant Capelli (-4) 12 Uwe Maier (+4) 13 Sukarno (NEW) 14 Bradley Dixon (-6) 15 Hans Peter-Schneider (NEW) 16 Bence Bodor (+3) 17 Susumu Katoh (-6) 18 Travis Jones (-5) 19 Korekiyo Anzai (-5) 20 Gonzalo Ramos (Moved from Lightweight) 21 Kingo Watanabe (-6) 22 Robert Darell (NEW) 23 Paul Duffell (NEW) [I][U]Blurcat FLW Middleweight Rankings[/U][/I] 1 Petey Mack 2 Adam White 3 Aleksei Chekhov 4 Travis Jones 5 Ethan Sutton 6 Micheal Bannon 7 Bill Brown 8 Tuck Durdell 9 Henning Olsen 10 Gordon Idle [SIZE="4"][B]Heavyweight Division[/B][/SIZE] Most Points Winner: Rav Kapur - 16 points Runner-up: Mugur Boc - 9 points 3rd Place: Dave Lennon - 2 points Rav Kapur has once again dominated the entire roster with 16 points and more so the division as he made 4 succesful defences in one year against the best the division has to offer including Boc, Ivanov, Lennon and South! Kapur is on a 6 match unbeaten run, which looks sure to continue. The future of the title could well be with Kapur unless someone new can come in and turn the division around! Its only Mugur Boc thats looked close to making an impression to compete with Kapur and was the next one set in line to take on Kapur after South's failed attempt at defeating the 265lbs giant, but his comitments in TMC have left him tired. Boc has a (12 - 2) pro record, scoring 5 wins this year after losing to Kapur early on. 2 of those wins were in TMC. Boc is also the TMC Heavyweight Champion. [I][U]Heavyweight FLW Rankings[/U][/I] 1 Rav Kapur (0) 2 Derek South (0) 3 Aleksander Ivanov (0) 4 Dave Lennon (0) 5 Mugur Boc (0) 6 Kevin Portman (0) 7 Stejpan Andric (0) 8 Bob Dozier (0) 9 Harvey Loeb (0) 10 Brian Barnes (0) [I][U]Blurcat FLW Heavyweight Rankings[/U][/I] 1 Rav Kapur 2 Mugur Boc 3 Dave Lennon 4 Derek South 5 Aleksander Ivanov 6 Stejpan Andric 7 Harvey Loeb 8 Bob Dozier 9 Brian Barnes 10 Kevin Portman [SIZE="4"][B]World News[/B][/SIZE] [U]Promotion Rankings[/U] 1 Global Association of Mixed Martial Arts [Enormous] 2 Alpha-1 [Enormous] 3 Women's Extreme Fighting Federation [Small] 4 British Cage Fighting [Small] 5 Fight League Wales [Tiny] 6 The Moscow Cage [Tiny] 7 Siganture Martial Arts [Insignificant] [U]Fighters[/U] Fighter of the Year 1998: Beau Gorshin (28 - 17) career record, (5 - 1) for 1998 Female Fighter of the Year 1998: Jenny DeNeuve (16 - 0) career record, (4 - 0) for 1998

Fight League Wales has risen to Small status, as a result, the Welterweight League has been initiated. The Welterweight Division will include fighters between 156lbs and 170lbs The Middleweight Division will include fighters between 171lbs and 205lbs The following Fighters have moved from the Middleweight Divison to the Welterweight Division. Eli Harris, Gordon Idle, Hans Peter-Schneider, Korekiyo Anzai, Paul Duffell, Robert Darrell, Scott Gillespie They are to be ranked according to their current Middleweight relative positions. 2 Eli Harris 3 Gordon Idle 4 Hans Peter-Schneider 5 Korekiyo Anzai 6 Robert Darrell 7 Paul Duffell 8 Scott Gillespie FLW will be activly looking to move some lightweights up into this division over the next coming weeks. A tournament will commence once an 8th competitor for the division is found. The tournament winner will become the first FLW Welterweight Champion.

[QUOTE=Tommy J.;376162]Nice to see you expand according to the unified rules. I do think middleweight is too broad though.[/QUOTE] Well currently my Middlweight covers Light Heavyweights too... Its done mostly cus I don't want too light Heavyweight fighters. Kapur can't be sanctioned to face the Light Heavyweights :)

[B]I'm having a hard time concluding this page, please bare with me...[/B] Just Concluded the end of 1999! This has been a highly eventful year for the promotion. We have risen to small, have been making huge amounts of money and are now ranked 3rd in the world. --- Covers events FLW 31 to FLW 42 --- [SIZE="4"][B]Fight League Wales General News![/B][/SIZE] The Company is still now at Small The Company has $246,194 (Up massively on last year!) Popularity in London grew by 27.9% Popularity in Midlands grew by 9.7% Popularity in Nort of England grew by 12.4% Popularity in Wales grew by 0.1% Popularity in Scotland grew by 6.6% Popularity in Ireland grew by 2.8% FLW is #3 in the world Average Match Rating is 1.74 stars (0.44 up on 1998) The Following Matches were 3 star bouts! Kapur vs Ivanov - Jan 99 Sukarno vs Chekhov - Feb 99 Brown vs White - Feb 99 Kapur vs Lennon - Aug 99 Sugar vs Hilton - Sep 99 Kapur vs Boc - Oct 99 Boc vs Dozier - Dec 99 Sukarno vs Olsen - Dec 99 The following people left FLW this year - Adam White, Cory Brewer, Gonzalo Ramos, Kevin Portman, Nicholas Bretton, Paul Duffell, Petey Mack and Rav Kapur [SIZE="4"][B]General[/B] (All Division) [B]Awards[/B][/SIZE] [B]Most Points[/B] [U]Winner(s)[/U] Brandon Sugar and Rav Kapur - 14 points [U]Runner-Up[/U] --- [U]3rd Place[/U] Bill Brown - 10 points [B]Best Average Points per Match[/B] [U]Winner(s)[/U] Brandon Sugar and Rav Kapur - 3.5ppm [U]Runner(s)-Up[/U] --- [U]3rd Place[/U] Bill Brown, Luke Hilton, Sukarno and Eli Harris - 2ppm [B]Top Career Win Ratio[/B] (new 1999 rule - entrant must have fought in at least 5 pro matches) [U]Winner[/U] Rav Kapur - 94% [U]Runner-Up[/U] Sukarno - 83% [U]3rd Place[/U] Brandon Sugar - 79% [SIZE="4"][B]Lightweight Division[/B][/SIZE] Most Points Winner(s): Brandon Sugar - 14 points Runner(s)-Up: Luke Hilton - 8 points 3rd Place: Riley Huxtable - 5 points Brandon Sugar reclaimed his place atop of the Lightweight Divison this year after two disapointing years of failed attempts. Sugar, who was the first ever FLW Light champion, has recently become FLW Lightweight 2 Time Champion. He beat Luke Hilton who had already fended off Darin Blood and Bae Yoon to retain the title. Sugar won the title in September and has made one defence since against another former champion, Pat Troy. Hilton has only dropped two places over the year and managed to remain a threat despite his growing concerns for his physical condition. He picked up 8 points from two Finish victories in his title defences to Blood and Yoon. His two FLW losses were by finish but he also managed two wins outside FLW to give him a good (4 - 2) record for the year accross all promotions. Riley Huxtable is the new wonderkid of the Lightweight Division. The newcomer debuted in FLW and has won his opening three fights. It places him firmly in 2nd place in the FLW Lightweight Rankings. A title shot is surely on the cards within the next few months. [I][U]Lightweight FLW Rankings[/U][/I] (brackets show change in places from previous year) 1 Brandon Sugar (+5) 2 Riley Huxtable (NEW) 3 Luke Hilton (-2) 4 Bae Yoon (+4) 5 Pat Troy (-3) 6 Samba Nakamura (+5) 7 Milenko Rudonja (-3) 8 Kyle Winterburn (-1) 9 Jeremy Sproule (-4) 10 Roy Lynch (+2) 11 William Powell (+2) 12 Pim Pim Gwon (+2) [I][U]Blurcat FLW Lightweight Rankings[/U][/I] 1 Brandon Sugar 2 Luke Hilton 3 Bae Yoon 4 Samba Nakamura 5 Roy Lynch 6 Kyle Winterburn 7 Milenko Rudonja 8 William Powell 9 Jeremy Sproule [SIZE="4"][B]Welterweight Division[/B][/SIZE] Most Points Winner: Hans-Peter Schneider - 6 points Runner-up: Eli Harris - 4 points 3rd Place: Robert Darrell and Gordon Idle - 2 points The Welterweight Division is brand new to FLW this past year and has triggered a tournament to find the first ever Welterweight champion. The first round has been concluded. Harris, Darrell, Schneider and Idle have progressed to the semi-finals defeating Blood, Anzai, Duffell and Gillespie respectivly. Of these initial fights, Schneider has been the most impressive but carried some points with him from his Middleweight fights. [I][U]Welterweight FLW Rankings[/U][/I] 1 2 Eli Harris (Moved Down from Middleweight) 3 Gordon Idle (Moved Down from Middleweight) 4 Hans-Peter Schneider (Moved Down from Middleweight) 5 Robert Darrell (Moved Down from Middleweight) 6 Korekiyo Anzai (Moved Down from Middleweight) 7 Scot Gillespie (NEW) 8 Darin Blood (Moved Up from Lightweight) [I][U]Blurcat FLW Welterweight Rankings[/U][/I] 1 Robert Darrell 2 Truck Gleeson 3 Gordon Idle 4 Korekiyo Anzai 5 Darin Blood 6 Eli Harris 7 Scott Gillespie 8 Hans-Peter Schneider 9 10 [SIZE="4"][B]Middleweight Division[/B][/SIZE] Most Points Winner: Bill Brown – 10 points Runner-up: Sukarno – 8 points 3rd Place: Uwe Maier and Henning Olsen – 7 points Bill Brown tops the Points table this year, despite finishing the year in 6th place in the Middleweight Rankings. He is near the top contenders in this tough division. Sukarno has made a promising start here in FLW; he sits third in the rankings and was the runner-up in the points table. Maier and Olsen share 3rd place as concerns the points table and occupy 5th and 4th places in the rankings. Chekhov scored poorly in the points league with only 6. This is half the points he scored last year. He remains the top contender for the title however, occupying 2nd place in the rankings. Chekhov become 2 time Middleweight Champion in September but immediately lost it in his next fight to Adam White making White another 2 time champion. White has since left FLW to fight in GAMMA, vacating the title and leaving wake to FLW’s third current running tournament to find a new champion. White also scored poorly for the year with only 5 points. [I][U]Middleweight FLW Rankings[/U][/I] 1 2 Aleksei Checkov 3 Sukarno 4 Henning Olsen 5 Uwe Maier 6 Bill Brown 7 Ethan Sutton 8 Tuck Durdell 9 Michael Bannon 10 Travis Jones 11 Lenny McFadden 12 Zenko Hatakeyama [I][U]Blurcat FLW Middleweight Rankings[/U][/I] 1 Adam White (leaving soon) 2 Sukarno 3 Uwe Maier 4 Aleksei Chekhov 5 Henning Olsen 6 Bill Brown 7 Michael Bannon 8 Travis Jones 9 Tuck Durdell 10 Lenny McFadden [SIZE="4"][B]Heavyweight Division[/B][/SIZE] Most Points Winner: Rav Kapur – 14 points Runner-up: Mugur Boc and Bob Dozier – 6 points 3rd Place: --- “Rav Kapur’s dominance has come to an end!” This is not without Kapur taking apart the division before hand however. Kapur has left to fight in GAMMA. Kapur now has a mighty (17 – 1) pro record, he is on a huge 11 match winning streak, this includes his 8 title defences in FLW dating back to October ’97. In addition to all this, Kapur won the Blurcat Fighter of the Year Award for 1999. A new tournament has now started to find a new champion. Points League Runners-Up, Boc and Dozier, have already played out their match where Boc was victorious and advanced to the semi-finals. Stejpan Andric has advanced after he defeated Randall Donnelly but the shock of the round has come from Harvey Loeb defeating Dave Lennon. The most anticipated match of the round is yet to be played out. Derek South will take on the “Great Bear” Aleksander Ivanov some time soon to find the fourth and final semi-finalist. The winner of this match will surely make the final. Its important to note that Ivanov has already beaten South once before at a BCF event in June this past year. [I][U]Heavyweight FLW Rankings[/U][/I] 1 2 Mugur Boc (+3) 3 Stjepan Andric (+4) 4 Harvey Loeb (+5) 5 Derek South (-3) 6 Aleksander Ivanov (-3) 7 Dave Lennon (-3) 8 Randall Donnelly (NEW) 9 Bob Dozier (-1) 10 Mick Curran (NEW) 11 Krhu Duangjan (NEW) 12 Brian Barnes (-2) [I][U]Blurcat FLW Heavyweight Rankings[/U][/I] 1 Aleksander Ivanov 2 Mugur Boc 3 Harvey Loeb 4 Dave Lennon 5 Stjepan Andric 6 Randall Donnelly 7 Bob Dozier 8 Khru Duangjan 9 Derek South 10 Brian Barnes [SIZE="4"][B]World News[/B][/SIZE] [U]Promotion Rankings[/U] 1 Alpha-1 [Enormous] 2 Global Association of Mixed Martial Arts [Enormous] 3 Fight League Wales [Small] 4 British Cage Fighting [Small] 5 Women's Extreme Fighting Federation [Small] 6 KDM FC [Tiny] [I][opened this year][/I] 7 Siganture Martial Arts [Insignificant] The Moscow Cage went out of business in August 1999. [U]Fighters of the Year[/U] Fighter of the Year 1998: Rav Kapur (17 - 1) career record, (5 - 0) for 1999 Female Fighter of the Year 1998: Janinha (17 - 3) career record, (3 - 0) for 1999 [U]Blurcat Hall of Fame entrants[/U] [B]Dan Halvorsen (23 - 15 - 2) - December 1999[/B] [I]"Halvorsen has retired at the age of 39, after winning only 1 match out of his last five, Halvorsen decided to hang up his gloves and focus on his work with his training camp. Halvorsen will look back at his peak while holding the GAMMA Middleweight title from November 1993 to June 1994 where his made 1 defence."[/I] [SIZE="4"][B]FLW Iron Man League[/B] (FLW Legends)[/SIZE] Fighters will be admitted when they score at least 25 points 1 Rav Kapur 41 points from 12 matches 2 Brandon Sugar 37 points from 15 matches 3 Aleksei Chekhov 25 points from 11 matches 4 Adam White 25 points from 16 matches

• 1 month later...
Just Concluded the end of 2000! Finally! I know its been a while since I've updated this dynasty but you won't believe the work I've had to do for uni recently, scary stuff, but I'm graduating in just over a month's time so all good then :) It's likely I'm gna start a dynasty for TEW 2008 when that comes out though... Ok, a busy year in FLW as concerns the comings and goings. With nearly all the titles vacant at the end of the last year, so it’s been an annum of tournaments to find new champions. --- Covers events FLW 43 to FLW 54 --- [B][SIZE="4"]Fight League Wales General News![/SIZE][/B] The Company is still at Small The Company has $409,080 (Up nearly double on last year!) Popularity in London grew by 4.2% Popularity in Midlands grew by 22.8% Popularity in North of England grew by 8.3% Popularity in Wales grew by 2.8% Popularity in Scotland grew by 22.9% Popularity in Ireland grew by 22.9% FLW is #3 in the world Average Match Rating is 1.76 stars (0.02 up on 1999) The Following Matches were 4 star bouts! Ivanov vs Boc – Sep 00 The Following Matches were 3 star bouts! Maier vs Brown – Jan 00 Bannon vs Chekhov – Jan 00 Ivanov vs Duangjan – Apr 00 Boc vs South – Apr 00 Sukarno vs Chekhoc – May 00 Maier vs Bannon – Sep 00 Datuk vs Idle – Oct 00 Blood vs Idle – Dec 00 Highest Attendance – 1,852 @ FLW 54 in London Lowest Attendance – 50 @ FLW 45 in Midlands The following people left FLW this year - Aleksander Ivanov, Nate MacReary, Bob Dozier, Eli Harris, Brian Barnes, Pim Pim Gwon, Aleksei Chekhov, Zenko Hatakeyama, Brandon Sugar, Roy Lynch, Wilson Franklyn, Mick Curran and Khru Duangjan [B][SIZE="4"]General (All Division) Awards[/SIZE][/B] Most Points Winner(s) Maier – 19 points Runner-Up Idle – 16 points 3rd Place Yoon – 11 points Best Average Points per Match Winner(s) Datuk – 4ppm Runner(s)-Up Maier – 3.8ppm 3rd Place Haywood – 3 points Top Career Win Ratio (entrant must have fought in at least 5 pro matches) Winner Datuk – 100% Runner-Up Maier, Hilton and Huxtable – 78% 3rd Place [SIZE="4"][B]Lightweight Division[/B][/SIZE] Most Points Winner(s): Yoon – 11 points Runner(s)-Up: Sproule – 5 points 3rd Place: Hilton - 4 points Bae Yoon is one of the hottest up and coming stars in the world of MMA. Yoon has already won the SIGMA Lightweight and KDM FC Lightweight Titles in his relatively young career. In august, the Korean added to his stash of golden history by picking up the FLW Lightweight Title after winning the tournament. He won in the final against Riley Huxtable, another rising star with bags of potential. Yoon’s success has begun to earn him a good report with the fans in London. The champ is currently on a 4 match winning streak across all promotions but is yet to defend his title. Sproule managed to notch up enough points this year to finish second in the lightweight league. However, his recent run of bad form has landed him a low place in the rankings, currently nested in 6th. Sproule is, however, floating around the base of the top 5 consistently and could see title shots come his way if he can string some form together. Luke Hilton suffered a long set back after his injury early this year. He has only managed 2 matches in FLW this year, winning both. However, he has be in the main event for BCF twice this year, again winning both matches. He remains the BCF Lightweight champion but longs to become a 2 time FLW Lightweight champion. Worryingly, injuries to Hilton’s spine are close to forcing early retirement for the young American fighter. Elsewhere, Huxtable and Troy have been showing their worth. Huxtable was the defeated finalist in the Lightweight Torunament. Pat Troy has had a busy year, he has fought in a total of 8 matches this year across 3 promotions. Only two of these matches were in FLW where he finished with 1 win and 1 loss. [B]Lightweight FLW Rankings[/B] (brackets show change in places from previous year) 1 Bae Yoon 2 Luke Hilton 3 Riley Huxtable 4 Pat Troy 5 Kyle Winterburn 6 Jeremy Sproule 7 Samba Nakamura 8 Milenko Rudonja 9 William Powell [B]Blurcat FLW Lightweight Rankings[/B] 1 Luke Hilton 2 Bae Yoon 3 Pat Troy 4 Riley Huxtable 5 Kyle Winterburn 6 William Powell 7 Milenko Rudonja 8 Jeremy Sproule 9 Samba Nakamura [B][SIZE="4"]Welterweight Division[/SIZE][/B] Most Points Winner: Idle – 16 points Runner-up: Blood and Datuk – 8 points 3rd Place: --- The Welterweight Division has been around for over a year now and Gordon Idle has proved to be the main man here so far. He took 16 points from 6 matches (4 wins) including 3 title defences. Idle was toppled from the champion spot by Datuk Ong Ka Ting in October. Idle then lost more ground when he was defeated by Darin Blood. Datuk now rules the roost in the Welterweight Division. The Malaysian fighter has a perfect record of 10 wins without defeat. His latest two being in FLW including his title victory over Idle. Darin Blood, the only member of the lightweight division who made the step up to this weight has proved he can match the rest. The former FLW Lightweight champion has recently secured 2nd place in the rankings with his win over former champion Idle. The rest of division have yet to make any sort of impact over these top 3 contenders. However, the young Califonian, Floyd Haywood, looks like he could make some kind of impression on the division as he matures. [B]Welterweight FLW Rankings[/B] 1 Datuk Ong Ka Ting 2 Darin Blood 3 Gordon Idle 4 Floyd Haywood 5 Scott Gillespie 6 Hans Peter-Schneider 7 Robert Darrell 8 Truck Gleeson 9 Korekiyo Anzai 10 Jens Halle [B]Blurcat FLW Welterweight Rankings[/B] 1 Darin Blood 2 Datuk Ong Ka Ting 3 Gordon Idle 4 Truck Gleeson 5 Scott Gillespie 6 Robert Darrell 7 Korekiyo Anzai 8 Hans-Peter Schneider 9 Simon Vine [B][SIZE="4"]Middleweight Division[/SIZE][/B] Most Points Winner: Maier – 19 points Runner-up: Sukarno – 8 points 3rd Place: Olsen – 6 points Its been an outstanding year for Uwe Maier. Securing five wins without defeat, he has been named Blurcat’s Fighter of the Year for 2000. Its no wonder that he also won FLW’s Independent Fighter of the Year award also. Uwe Maier won a tournament to find a new middleweight champion in May, he has since defend his title successfyully on three occasions defeating Sukarno, Bannon and Pizzarro. As previously mentioned, Sukarno lost out to the middleweight champ in his opportunity to stop Maier’s reign at the first hurdle. Sukarno has recovered from this loss to score a knock-out victory over Wes Hersch to maintain a strong top five place. Henning Olsen does not have a great professional record compared to some of his opponent but Danish fighter has managed to score well over the year and finished 4th in the rankings. Other fighters in this division making good progress are Micheal Bannon, Evan Pizzarro and Bill Brown. Brown has had a comparatively bad year to some, Pizzarro on the other hand has made an impressive start to his professional career getting a title shot within his first five matches. [B]Middleweight FLW Rankings[/B] 1 Uwe Maier 2 Micheal Bannon 3 Sukarno 4 Henning Olsen 5 Evan Pizzarro 6 Bill Brown 7 Ethan Sutton 8 Tuck Durdell 9 Travis Jones 10 Lenny McFadden 11 Dave Lennon 12 Danny Akabaro 13 Wes Hersch 14 Rob Baines [B]Blurcat FLW Middleweight Rankings[/B] 1 Uwe Maier 2 Henning Olsen 3 Micheal Bannon 4 Sukarno 5 Lenny McFadden 6 Dave Lennon 7 Tuck Durdell 8 Rob Baines 9 Bill Brown 10 Travis Jones [B][SIZE="4"]Heavyweight Division[/SIZE][/B] Most Points Winner: Ivanov – 10 points Runner-up: South – 8 points 3rd Place: Boc – 6 points The Heavyweight division is yet again without a champion. Mugur Boc took the title at the end of a tournament in June but he lost it to Aleksander Ivanov in his very first defence. Ivanov then vacated the title when he left on an exclusive contract to join Alpha-1. Despite leaving in November, Ivanov still managed to come out as the top heavyweight for the yearly awards. South and Boc have now come up as the strongest two heavyweights in division. Both scoring strong victories and Boc was, as previously mentioned, champion if only for a short time. Despite this, it is Steve Mason and Harvey Loeb who are in the new tournament final and are scheduled to meet for the title in the coming months. [B]Heavyweight FLW Rankings[/B] 1 2 Steve Mason 3 Mugur Boc 4 Harvey Loeb 5 Stjepan Andric 6 Derek South 7 Randall Donnelly 8 Mason Archer 9 Christopher Sharp 10 Kanezane Fujii 11 Guy Broom 12 Perry Barr [B]Blurcat FLW Heavyweight Rankings[/B] 1 Harvey Loeb 2 Mugur Boc 3 Steve Mason 4 Derek South 5 Stjepan Andric 6 Randall Donnely 7 Christopher Sharp 8 Perry Barr [B][SIZE="4"]World News[/SIZE][/B] [B]Promotion Rankings[/B] 1 Alpha-1 [Enormous] 2 Global Association of Mixed Martial Arts [Enormous] 3 Fight League Wales [Small] 4 Women's Extreme Fighting Federation [Small] 5 British Cage Fighting [Small] 6 International Shoot League [Insignificant] KDM FC went out of business in May 2000 Signature Martial Arts went out of business in October 2000 [B]Fighters of the Year[/B] Fighter of the Year 2000: Uwe Maier (18 - 5) career record, (5 – 0) for 2000 Female Fighter of the Year 2000: Romi Takahashi (13 - 1) career record, (3 - 0) for 1999 [B]Blurcat Hall of Fame entrants[/B] Dan Halvorsen (23 - 15 - 2) - December 1999 "Halvorsen has retired at the age of 39, after winning only 1 match out of his last five, Halvorsen decided to hang up his gloves and focus on his work with his training camp. Halvorsen will look back at his peak while holding the GAMMA Middleweight title from November 1993 to June 1994 where his made 1 defence." [SIZE="4"][B]FLW Iron Man League[/B][/SIZE] Fighters will be admitted when they score at least 25 points 1 Rav Kapur 41 points from 12 matches 2 Brandon Sugar 37 points from 15 matches 3 Uwe Maier 30 points from 16 matches 4 Mugur Boc 29 points from 20 matches 5 Aleksei Chekhov 25 points from 11 matches 6 Adam White 25 points from 16 matches 7 Luke Hilton 25 points from 16 matches

Archived