Many have tried....

panix04

...And all have failed. One by one, people have tried to come up with a real world mod for wrespi2 and so far we don't seem to have actually nailed it have we? We know what the sticking point is, movesets! Lets be honest they are a bit of a nightmare. Now I know this much is stating the obvious. So here is my suggestion. We get a group of 7 or (preferably) more people together. We each take it in turns to edit the data. Keeping the data for no longer then one day. We start the data from scratch and a logical place to start would be the WWE. If we all aim to do 5 wrestlers per day then in ten weeks time we will have a database of 350 workers. There are approximately 120 wrestlers in the 3 WWE brands (which will all apear as seperate entitys with a working relationship.) plus roughly 55 workers on-board in TNA. Which means at the there will be in the region of 175 indie wrestler entered, Which in turn means at the end of just 10 weeks we could potentially have 3 WWE brands, TNA and 3 or 4 indie feds. Whilst this isn't in the same league as DOTT its a solid foundation! I'm hoping that I can rally a lot of support for this, if we get 7 people involved that means at most you will have to work on the data once per week (of course you will be able to do more, if you have the extra time). And creating 5 workers shouldn't take longer then, i dunno, a couple of hours. It will be important of course to keep everything playing smoothly, so we will come up with a standardised grading system. Standardised worker pictures etc. And of course a standard way of doing movesets. I have never been the best at assigning skill grades, so I was hoping I could get advice from D.Boon, Forlan, TCP or Tommy Tomlin for some help with this area. As for the pictures we will all agree on a background and all pictures will be cut onto it, preferably just the head and shoulders EG: [IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g211/panix_uk04/BWA/self2.jpg[/IMG] (apologies to Self!) I realise of course the picture quality may not be as good for the less popular guys, but we will try our best. And for those of you who are not very good with pictures, don't be put off helping, if you find the pics, We will have a couple of people on the team (hopefully) who can take care of the cutting for the people who are graphically impaired. As for movesets. My plan is to come up with several templates for basic movesets. Just filled with common moves, Suplex, backbreaker, kicks, punches etc. And they can be used as a base for all stars, the all you have to do is select the appropriate template. If they have any trademark moves they need to be created and then added. The you can add any name moves IE The pedigree, The Stone Cold Stunner. Now obviously the more people we get involved the better. So if you want to see this happen contact anybody you think may be able to help through PM. I will contact a few people I think may chip in and hopefully post a list of all the helpers in this thread. This thread will also act as a hub for people to discuss who has the data. The most important factor is though, to make sure you only have the data for a day. We don't want anybody getting burnt out! So its a bold plan, who's with me? If we pull together can we make this happen?

Archived