I started the game with WEFF, and after building them up to Massive, I decided to make my own promotion, one with men and women both. Unfortunately, starting at Tiny with only $100,000, I had like no options and no one to hire. I have a small roster with three divisions of men along with the women, and we are seven figures in debt because I jacked up the marketing to try to make the company grow quickly. Problem is, there is still almost no one to hire. I find myself stuck, the other companies signing away all my talent to exclusive deals constantly, and unable to compete in any way whatsoever. Is forming your own promotion in the default data just an impossible waste of time I suppose? They even hire my people with Set Standard contracts away from me, and I thought that was impossible as breach of contract or something since it is for a set number of matches! Worst of all, this one happens to be a champion, and I have no way of "jobbing" him since this is MMA and not professional wrestling. So is it time to just delete the save? I have no idea how to succeed with so few fighters and so much competition. I think I screwed up by trying to start my own promotion.

Set standard isn't exclusive. You guarantee the fighters that they will fight but they can have other fights elsewhere. Kinda useful for the youngsters who might sign for 3 fights and 12 months since they bounce bacn quickly... but otherwise not a contract type I use often. I started my own promotion at the beginning of the game with a similar set-up to yours. With myself, ALPHA and GAMMA all at the biggest size possible BCF and WEFF are feeling the pressure from the big guns... there is barely enough people to support that many big companies and some small ones too. I can't imagine that with WEFF being pretty big that you'll be doing great... but if you can work out how to share with BCF you should be able to get some guys working for you. But growing... that'll be tough. Really, really tough.

Yeah. WEFF jumped from Small straight to Big, but for some reason, I have found myself at a size called Medium. I was counting on hitting Big and getting out of debt through PPV revenue. Unfortunately, while WEFF at Small can get $50,000 sponsors, for whatever reason, I am unable to get them even at Medium. It is like a Lose-Lose situation.

[QUOTE=DreamGoddessLindsey;371866]Yeah. WEFF jumped from Small straight to Big, but for some reason, I have found myself at a size called Medium. I was counting on hitting Big and getting out of debt through PPV revenue. Unfortunately, while WEFF at Small can get $50,000 sponsors, for whatever reason, I am unable to get them even at Medium. It is like a Lose-Lose situation.[/QUOTE] I'm afraid that Medium is generally a necessary step to Big. Actually, I found it to be the most challenging and fun stage of all, but I am odd that way. In a US promotion I found that getting just 3 areas up to about Decent or above levels of popularity propelled me to Big, after which time money was easy to come by. In summary, focus advertising on 3 areas and then hope for the best!

Are there any sponsors left? WEFF might have stolen them from you, leaving you with... whatever is left now. I imagine they'll upgrade when they get the chance though. Guess you must've been putting on some great WEFF shows if you skipped Medium. That'll teach you to be too good. :p If you're lucky you'll be able to level up again fairly quickly and make back the money you don't currently have. Maybe try to get a TV deal that covers the US... I found that one show from that gained me a little popularity everywhere and that it adds up to a lot in terms of levelling up. :)

I just did what the one dude suggested in the other thread. I held two events monthly in Ontario raking in $150,000 a pop, while doing marketing in Canada and the western United States. Actually, I lost popularity with every show, but always made it back up with marketing. I just went straight from Small to Big that way, dunno how it happened. I may have done advertising in Japan and Asia at the same time as well, that is foggy. Tried the same thing with this promotions, but I only make $10,000 a show really and the economy is in the crapper in California where I hold most shows. That and the lack of any good fighters (only ones available are chumps and my trump card Sukarno who is like a savior right now) is holding me back badly. There are several Regional sponsors left, and I was able to get them for WEFF when I was Small, but even at Medium they reject me now. It is so dang weird, even though I am in their coverage area. How far in the red can you go before they shut you down? I am still going somehow, trying hard to hit Big to make back the money before the banks shut me down. Only saving grace is that the sponsors are pretty useless. UPDATE: I just hit Big now, without going bankrupt, though I am almost $2 million in debt at this point. Looks like I might just be able to pull off the biggest comeback in the history of WMMA! UPDATE: Score! In less than two months since hte last update, I not only paid off the entire debt and brought the company into the black, I also managed to pump it up to Huge now! The comeback has been a resounding success, this is freaking awesome! Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes woohoo!!! UPDATE: There we are, Massive. Yeah, let's go over this once more. Medium in February 1999, Big in April 1999, Huge in June 1999, Massive in August 1999. We are in the black, making tons of money, getting a lot of revenge for all the fighter snatching that took place before, and have a nice healthy roster of good fighters at long last. Un-freaking-believable! WOOT!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
I finally hit Enormous in November 1999. It is now July 2000, and as of now, immediately following the hughly successful UFC 36 (with a main event in which Raul Hughes defeated Garry McSweegan by knock out to retain the UFC Cruiserweight Title in a four-star match), we are now the #1 promotion! Miracles can happen, folks! WEFF, GAMMA, and ALPHA-1 can eat my dust!

Archived