Strange contract issue...

Not sure what to think of this. I have Umeka Fujiwara, except I have a hard time booking her because she also works for WEFF and so I am limited. The second I had a chance, though, I finally signed her exclusive successfully. The next day, she quits, angry about having not had any matches in so long with us, which is only her fault since she was always booked elsewhere. Still, I go ahead and open negotiations with her in a big attempt to keep her. She allows it, I give her a raise, and she decides to stay. Now, my assistant still tells me she is confirmed as leaving the company, but there is no longer a countdown to it and she has stayed with the new contract. What is going on here? No complaint, I just found it weird that she signed, complained about matches even though she was the one getting booked elsewhere, quitting the next day, signing a new contract a few days later, and still being listed as confirmed as leaving. So, uh, huh?

This happened to me once with Kimie Igarashi, she was confirmed as quitting but every time her contract was about up, she resigned with me. I had her for years after that, so it seems that even though they are confirmed as quitting, you can still keep them as long as you want.

Well I'm just glad she changed her mind, she was one of my favorites. Still, having the warning from the Assistant as well as criticism about threatening a person's momentum by putting them against someone who is leaving the company anyway is very annoying. What do I do about it? She's obviously not leaving, so how do I get the dumb message to stop bugging me?

• 4 weeks later...
Thought I should mention an update. Umeka Fujiwara is still with my company after what I explained earlier, but the note still says she's confirmed as leaving. Has been like that for well over a year now. Oh, but this gets stranger. She is a really dang good fighter and has a monster streak going. Guess what? She never asks for a raise and is on a cheap Rolling contract. I can not even start negotiations with her in any way since "she already decided to leave". Except she never does. This means now I have a freaking awesome fighter for a very low price. So what now? I definitely like having her and definitely want to keep her, but I would love for these annoying messages to go away and I feel like a cheat for keeping one of the top women in the game for so cheap.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;388359]The error has since been fixed, but it only prevent it from occurring again, it won't change what has already happened. Firing her and rehiring her at a later date (to create a fresh contract) is the only way to remove the messages entirely.[/QUOTE] Ah, cool. Well, I guess I'll just pretend she's okay with $4000 per fight for some reason. I sure ain't gonna fire her just to make the message go away, she's too awesome, and the circumstances around her quitting were bogus anyway. :D Yay me (*London Tipton clap*), at least one of my superstars won't be costing me a quarter million dollars. :D

Archived