User Character Being Hired

Was thinking about this last night, and about how I feel the user avatar could be used a lot more. Would it be worth thinking about having the user character able to be hired as a wrestler/road agent etc. by other promotions? My current one is a bit souped up and could easily slot into SWF or NOTBPW, and it would be amazing to get a contract offer from them. This would increase your reputation and it would be interesting to see how you are used. You wouldn't be able to book yourself in matches, of course, and would have to see how the AI treats you. As a downside to this, you risk having your popularity trashed if you keep getting jobbed out, or put on a poor performance. You also have all the risks to do with wrestlers such as injuries and random events if you're being used a lot. I just feel it would allow more immersion within the game world if your character had the same opportunities everyone else had. Any thoughts?

[QUOTE=Rathen4;373964]Was thinking about this last night, and about how I feel the user avatar could be used a lot more. Would it be worth thinking about having the user character able to be hired as a wrestler/road agent etc. by other promotions? My current one is a bit souped up and could easily slot into SWF or NOTBPW, and it would be amazing to get a contract offer from them. This would increase your reputation and it would be interesting to see how you are used. You wouldn't be able to book yourself in matches, of course, and would have to see how the AI treats you. As a downside to this, you risk having your popularity trashed if you keep getting jobbed out, or put on a poor performance. You also have all the risks to do with wrestlers such as injuries and random events if you're being used a lot. I just feel it would allow more immersion within the game world if your character had the same opportunities everyone else had. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE] I have one thought on this. If you just want to sim through, and see what the game world would do with your character, add the character to the worker files instead of user files. Then sit back and watch. The whole game is based around you being Head booker, or headbooker/owner. If you want to play as a character, you would probably prefer Wrestling Spirit (which everyone that does play seems to love it... fact they are trying to come up with some more Mods for it). The "Choice" to allow yourself to wrestler, announce, etc.. is just something to give us a bit more believability in what we would do as an owner or head booker of a company. Not so we can make ouselves stars, but to be able to help out the promotions (especially when small) to round out the roster. It's a nice feature, and I love it. However, the intention wasn't to live the life as a wrestler or announcer during your game. Just my thoughts on this. I don't want to sound like its not a good idea though. I just think there is a way you can do this, without having to implement a "special" option. I'm not 100% against it though. More then anything, I just wanted to let you know, you can always make a copy of your user character, and throw him in the worker pool. You can then keep your original as well, and just sim through without being owner/booker and watch what happens to your character if you so choose. The downfall, you will have to slightly change the name of one or the other (User or worker name).

Well I never really got on with wrestling spirit - I was pants at it! But yes, I can see your point about making the user character and just chucking them into the world and going from there rather than have a special option for it. I hadn't thought about that one! Oops :) Thanks for the reply mate - I'm going to go have a look at doing all this now :D

[quote]Just my thoughts on this. I don't want to sound like its not a good idea though. I just think there is a way you can do this, without having to implement a "special" option. I'm not 100% against it though.[/quote] I understand what djthefunkchris means, you could just put your character into the worker files and go at it...I would like for the user character in with the workers. I believe the first TEW was like that where you just checked a box and stated that person was a user character? ...the [i]only[/i] reason I'd like to see that is so that you can include your user character (who you could be using as an active wrestler--or retired?) in the title histories. Of course, if the worker can be applied to title histories, they can be included with everything else. Maybe have all wrestlers with a little check box for "can be used as user character" that you can check. If you don't pick that person as a user character they carry on as an in-game worker.

[QUOTE=SWIFT;374950]I understand what djthefunkchris means, you could just put your character into the worker files and go at it...I would like for the user character in with the workers. I believe the first TEW was like that where you just checked a box and stated that person was a user character?[/QUOTE] I hated the work of having to effectively "import" Jack and Kate Avatar into the database so I could "import" them into my save game.

Archived