ALPHA-1 wont release anyone decent why?

I know the last new patch that came out made the computer companys smarter and thats cool, but its at the end of 1999 in my game and to date ALPHA-1 hasnt released a single mid-level to main event guy from they company!Even if they go on losing streeks, Hiro Arai and Go Yamamoto are both on long losing streeks but they wont release them. But i see all the time on here where people talkin bout having Leon Banks or Robun Yamazaki in thier GAMMA games so whats going on? Am I just unlucky or is it the same for everyone else?

Why would a company let go a good fighter? Usually fighters leave because they run out of fights or run out of time on their contract. Rarely (since the patch) do they now leave because they aren't getting enough fights. But the only reason they'd release a big name is because they can't justify paying that fighter the amount he's asking for. Obviously if they pay Leon Banks 50,000 per fight/win then that's quite expensive but worth it if th'e that good... but if he's only worth 5,000 per fight/win because he's lost a lot and his contract is still paying him 50,000 then its in the best interest of the company to keep him. Especially with the pay parity feature in. Having all your little guys trying to get 50,000 a fight wouldn't make for goos business, although your fighters would be happy. There might also be the chance that fighters just want to move elsewhere... or that the AI has made the mistake of booking someone in a fight close to their contract expiry date too. That could also ontribute to big names leaving. But most of the time it would make no sense for a big names to leave so they rarely do.

i play as alpha-1 and gamma wont let anybody decent go and when i play as gamma the same thing happens i wish i could edit contracts sometimes but the in game editor is limited edit: i have also edited the promotions reputation with workers and even lowered the money of the company to the negatives hoping they would go bankrupt and i could get the other fighters... but that did not work i wish the game let you have negotiations with in the final month of there contact so you could try and out bid for the fighter

Oh my, imagine that... promotions trying to be competitive. :rolleyes: Also, the reason you can't edit contracts is because doing so would have a massive knock on effect. With pay parity, people would demand more money every time you edited one. Not to mention the hiring/firing routines would kick in depending on what contract type you changed to or how many appearances were left. The ripple effect for allowing the user to edit contracts would cause a LOT of changes in game meaning that it wouldn't be responsible for Adam to allow people to do it. Unless the consequences are easily predictable then allowing people to mess up their own game is just a recipe for trouble.

Which patch, version 1.2 ? I haven't noticed any contract/company changes in the read me for any of the temp patches since then. It happens more rarely since 1.2, but it does happen. I do notice that less quality fighters leave Alpha than Gamma. Juro Fukazawa is probably the best fighter that I've signed who had fought for Alpha. He was a former MW champ for them, and was a 2 time LW champ for me.

Well they have fighters who have 1 or 2 fights a year and at this moment its feb of 2000 in my game and a few of them havent won since 1996 or 1997. And AlPHA-1 still wont release them, the best fighter they have released in my game is probably Teeratep Nutnum who lost 5 straight fights in ALPHA-1, but has won both his fights for me in GAMMA. so basicly a guy who's record was 5-5 in ALPHA-1 is the best fighter they have released that ive signed. And its 4 years into my game and i get the point of why would they release a good fighter but the bottom line is they got fighters who never fight but for some reason keep resigning with them and i dont get the chance to hire them myself and in my view that sucks. The games d*mn good though im not putting it down im only sayin it would be nice if i could try to out bid ALPHA for fighters or if they would let guys go who they never use or are on losing streeks that i see have potential for my company. ( much like in real life, Cro Cop left PRIDE because UFC offered him better money despite him winning the PRIDE Heavyweight Grand Prix)

[QUOTE=derek_b;375526]Oh my, imagine that... promotions trying to be competitive. :rolleyes: Also, the reason you can't edit contracts is because doing so would have a massive knock on effect. With pay parity, people would demand more money every time you edited one. Not to mention the hiring/firing routines would kick in depending on what contract type you changed to or how many appearances were left. The ripple effect for allowing the user to edit contracts would cause a LOT of changes in game meaning that it wouldn't be responsible for Adam to allow people to do it. Unless the consequences are easily predictable then allowing people to mess up their own game is just a recipe for trouble.[/QUOTE] i don't even know what to say about how you respond to this thread... you sound upset because people have found something they dislike in the game adam did not put a contract editor in the game not because it would cause a "massive knock on effect" in the game but because he just did not... i have played games where people get plenty of money that do not demand it and nobody complains about one person on the roster getting well over a million to fight and others are still getting far less money... nobody ever leaves the company or starst asking for 500,000 dollars fighters are always looking for contracts in other locations and seeing who has the best offer so they hold out but in this game that does not happen because the computer wont let them do that and just sign them up right away it is just not in the game because adam did not put it in the game [QUOTE=RennikKain076;375639]Well they have fighters who have 1 or 2 fights a year and at this moment its feb of 2000 in my game and a few of them havent won since 1996 or 1997. And AlPHA-1 still wont release them, the best fighter they have released in my game is probably Teeratep Nutnum who lost 5 straight fights in ALPHA-1, but has won both his fights for me in GAMMA. so basicly a guy who's record was 5-5 in ALPHA-1 is the best fighter they have released that ive signed. And its 4 years into my game and i get the point of why would they release a good fighter but the bottom line is they got fighters who never fight but for some reason keep resigning with them and i dont get the chance to hire them myself and in my view that sucks. The games d*mn good though im not putting it down im only sayin it would be nice if i could try to out bid ALPHA for fighters or if they would let guys go who they never use or are on losing streeks that i see have potential for my company. ( much like in real life, Cro Cop left PRIDE because UFC offered him better money despite him winning the PRIDE Heavyweight Grand Prix)[/QUOTE] yup it happens in real life in my current game alpha-1 has resigned yamada and he hardly ever fights... in 2 and a half years he has fought 2 times and lost both fights and when i have edited the fighter reputation it still did not release him but resigned him to a new contract and yet never do anything with him fighters look at the contract and tell their agent to see if they can get a better deal else where if not then they resign with the company and it's not always money... sometimes they want a rematch with somebody or don't want to fight in a cage or a ring depending on the situation example 1. gomi... he did not sign with the ufc because he can make more money in japan with sponsors so he signed with world victory road 2. randy is sitting out his contract due to them not signing fedor and money issues and he is a better example since he is still with the ufc so he is going to sit out the contact 3. tito has done this many times trying to get more money out of the ufc and it has worked pretty much every time and he is again saying he is going to leave the ufc if he does not get the money he wants

syndicate I 100 precent agree with you. Im not bashing the game i think its a very good game. Adam is a much smarter man than me to have made it so well. But im just pointing out holes in the game that if filled would make it more like real MMA. In reality if a company dosent give fighters fights they leave its a fact. If a fighter dosent win a fight in two, three, or even four years thier employer will see them as a waste of time and money and release them its a fact. And in my game Alpha-1 has fighters who havent won since i started and fighters who have barely fought since i started, and as we all know the game starts in 96 I am in 2000 now. So no i dont think its normal that some of those talented fighters havent quit or been fired because the computer dosent think very highly of them it would seem.

Archived