Ring of Honor Diary - Death of the WWE 08 Mod

[Cheesy Boring Back Story begins NOW!] So here I’ve been sitting, traveling back and forth from Minnesota to Indiana to Philadelphia, a couple of visits to the West Coast as well trying to sell a screenplay that I wrote, the story is that of a wrestling fan who throughout the day will have daydreams about his career as a professional wrestler, nobody’s really biting at it, WWE turned me away, Kevin Smith laughed at it (now I KNOW it sucks) but I’m determined to get this thing done! I’ve had a meeting with Gabe Sapolsky and Cary Silkin to try to work something out to get a few of the ROH guys to appear in the movie, when Gabe read the script, he actually seemed to genuinely like it, Silkin skimmed it, then looked at me and said “Hey! Gabe’s been pretty bogged down, what with booking for both FIP and ROH, it seems that he’s been focusing most of his time on FIP, as he’s let a bunch of our guys slip through our fingers! So here’s the offer Mr Thompson (that’s me), how about I give you a year, one full year to come into Ring of Honor and run it, keep it going on the same track and try to build it up even further, if after one year I think you’re worthy, I’ll make some calls and get this movie of yours made, if not, well, then I guess we both wasted a **** load of time, huh?” To say the least I was shocked. I thought about things for a moment, told Mr Silkin that I would be honored to book for the best wrestling promotion in North America, then I was informed that my duties started then and there and after about 15 minutes of waiting was given a bunch of files to go through. [I]-WRITERS NOTE- I’m playing the Death of the WWE mod for 2008 as Ring of Honor. I’m running a weekly House Show on Tuesday nights at 120 minutes in length. Full Impact Pro is my developmental territory I’ve decided to write the diary to begin with as exactly that, a diary, until ROH gets it’s first TV Show. My Roster that I was given to start off with is as follows : Enhancement Talent : Alex Payne (Face) Opener : Eddie Edwards (Face) Adam Pearce (Heel) Lower Midcard : Austin Aeries (Face) Chad Malenko (Face) Matt Cross (Face) Midcarders: BJ Whitmer (Face) Claudio Castagnoli (Face) Colt Cabana (Face) Davey Richards (Heel) D’Lo Brown (Face) Jimmy Rave (Heel) Rocky Romero (Heel) Upper Midcard : Brent Albright (Heel) Bryan Danielson (Heel) Jay Briscoe (Face) Jimmy Jacobs (Heel) Mark Briscoe (Face) Main Event: Dean Malenko (Face) Delirious (Face) Nigel McGuiness (Face) Shelton Benjamin (Face) Steven Regal (Heel) Current ROH Champions as of 12/31/07 : ROH Pure Champion : Brent Albright ROH World Heavyweight Champion : Nigel McGuiness ROH World Tag Team Champions : The Briscoe Brothers[/I] I’ve just been informed that I need to do some hiring, I will need the following : 1 more Enhancement 1 more Opener 2 more Lower Midcarders 3 more Midcarders 1 more Upper Midcarder 1 more Main Eventer I’m not offering any contracts until after I receive my Owner’s Goals other than those that are currently on my roster. I’ve offered contracts to : Shelton Benjamin Steven Regal Rocky Romero Day 2 : Cary Silkin and I had a meeting today, my first face to face with him, he informed me that he had the following goals for me to achieve and restrictions placed on me : I can not hire or re-sign anyone who is a known steroid user I can not sign anyone who currently works for another company. There also seems to be a huge bidding war going on NWA, WCCW, WWE, WCW and ECW have all offered Bryan Danielson a contract, D’Lo Brown has been approached by OVW, DDW, USWA and WCW, Shelton Benjamin has been contacted by NWA & WCW and Rocky Romero has been contacted by GCW. I’ve sent out my share of contact to workers that I would like to bring in to Ring of Honor and will follow up with them as soon as possible. Getting ready for tonight’s house show, we’ll be recording the show for an upcoming DVD release titled “New Year’s Bash”. I’ve just been informed that D’Lo Brown and Bryan Danielson will not be at the show tonight as they have prior commitments to NOAH to compete for them tonight. [COLOR="Blue"] The opening contest was your basic squash match as Adam Pearce destroyed Alex Payne in 2:36 with a Big Splash (D) Delirious followed this match up with Matt Cross, defeating him in just under 5 minutes with the Chemical Imbalance #2 (C+) The Briscoe Brothers were on hype duty for their match with Davey Richards & Jimmy Rave (D) The ROH World Tag Team Titles were defended as the Briscoe Brothers defeated Davey Richards and Jimmy Rave in 18:15 with the Spike Jay Driller Jimmy Jacobs and Austin Aeries put on one hell of a show as Jacobs came away with the win following a count-out (B) Shelton Benjamin had some words regarding his chance at the ROH World Title tonight when he faces Nigel McGuiness (C Rating) Steven Regal and Colt Cabana put on a very good match, in the end Regal won with the Regal Stretch (B+) Albright – Romero – Castagnoli hype as the announcers let us know that we would be seeing them tonight for the ROH Pure Title (E+) Brent Albright successfully defended the ROH Pure Title against Claudio Castagnoli & Rocky Romero (B) Nigel McGuiness made comments regarding his upcoming match with Shelton Benjamin (C+) Nigel McGuiness was seconds away from defeat at the hands of Shelton Benjamin, but pulled it off in the last second hitting the Tower of London at 27:47 in what was said to be the match of the night, both men received a standing ovation after the contest(B) [B][I] Final Rating : B-[/I][/B][/COLOR] Day 3: Well, Bryan Danielson will be even less available now as he has signed a short term deal with World Championship Wrestling, I was also attempting to negotiate with Ken Doane, Ricky Steamboat and Sean Morley, however, they as well went to greener pastures with World Championship Wrestling. Other Cards from last night : NOAH Stay Hungry Tour saw 7,914 fans pile into Isobe Town Gymnasium to witness Kotaro Suzuki defend his GHC Junior Heavyweight Title against Takashi Sugiura, also, Mitssuharu Misawa defended the GHC Heavyweight Title against Yoshinari Ogawa, Bryan Danielson also took part in this card falling to Makoto Hashi. AJPW Firehouse Tour saw 3,798 fans pile into the Hirosaki Kasai Sports Center to see Kea and Dangerous K successfully defend their AJPW World Tag Team Titles against Hirai and Brute, also Nakajima went to a double count out with TARU to retain his AJPW Jr Heavyweight Title and Argument KAZ (Kaz Hayashi and NOSAWA) won the vacant All-Asia Tag Team Titles beating out Kondo & YASSHI. OSAKA PRO held a sold out show of 1,000 fans with the highlight of the show being Miracle Man winning the Osaka Pro Singles Title from Tiger Mask. LDN Wrestling held a show in front of 118 fans which saw Danny and Sloan win the LDN Tag Titles from Hot Property. Baja Stars rise to a small level after their show “Nada Algo” the main event saw 6-man action as Wagner Jr, La Parka and Ultimo Guerrero defeated Super Porky, Salvaje and Pierroth Jr Day 4: Well, I sit here 5 days away from my next house show, reading e-mail after e-mail about how I need to “Bolster” my roster, I agree, however, you can only do what you can with what you’re given. I’ve got plenty of feelers out though, hopefully I’ll be hearing back from some of these competitors. Not very many signings today all around the wrestling world, things are a bit quiet, however, there were a few shows last night. All-Star Wrestling held their Wasteland show last night in front of 1,000 people, the highlight of the night was said to be Hade Vansen claiming the ASW Mid-Heavyweight Title from Dean 2 Xtreme. IWA: Mid South had a sold out show as well in front of 1,000 fans apparently the main event, which saw Necro Butcher and Roderick Strong defeat Tracy Smothers and Ricky Reyes, was the match of the night, other matches saw The Iron Saints defeat Vulgar Display of Power to retain the IWA: MS Tag Titles as well as Brandon Thomaselli defeating El Generico to retain the IWA: MS Light Heavyweight Title. All Pro Wrestling’s No Remorse show was sold out with 300 people coming to see what was said to be an awesome show, the match of the night has been said to be Psicosis successfully defending his APW World Internet Title against Billy Blade. Day 5: Another quiet day in the wrestling world as far as signings go, although, I did lock Steven Regal into a written deal. A few more shows from last night, AJPW held Danger Becomes One with 10,000 fans on hand to witness what is said to have been a good show Tajiri is being named the MVP of the show, with Suzuki defeating Mutoh to retain the Triple Crown title as the Main Event. Anarchy held their Wild and Wicked show in front of 300 fans selling out the Alabama Opry House, Seth Delay defeated Brody Ray Chase for the Anarchy TV Title, while Muscle Madness were able to defeat Awesome Attraction for the Anarchy Tag Team Titles and Salvatore Rinauro bested Chad Parham for the Anarchy Heavyweight Title. Big Japan Pro Wrestling, Queens of Chaos and K-Dojo held shows last night none of which really drew much praise. Day 6: Meetings galore today! I’ve had a total of 12 meetings today with a few of them panning out, however, I won’t reveal my signings until the official ROH Press Conference scheduled for later this week regarding the upcoming ROH Pay Per View “Battle of the Icons” And there were some more shows last night. WWC put on what has been said to be a GREAT show the match of the night was the main event, Rico Suave defeating Bronco #1. NOAH’s Stay Hungry Tour also continued last night with Kotaro Suzuki retaining the GHC Junior Heavyweight Title against Go Shiosaki and Misawa successfully defending his GHC Heavyweight Title against Kenta Kobashi in the main event, honorable mention goes to Ricky Marvin who defeated D’Lo Brown in the top rated match of the night. Dragon Gate’s Tiger Tour continues as 1,000 people came out to see Horiguchi defeat Mochizuki to retain the Dragon Gate Open the Brave Gate Title as well as CIMA goto a Double Count-Out with Jado to retain his Dragon Gate Open the Dream Gate Title in the match of the night. Big Japan’s Genesis Tour invaded Ryuo Town Dragon Hut where 1,000 people sold out the venue to see a lackluster show, the match of the night belonged to Necro Butcher and Sasaki who bested Shadow WX and Yamakawa for the Big Japan Tag Team Titles. SHIMMER entertained 67 people in the Pan American Concert Hall in the main event, Jazz successfully defended the SHIMMER championship Title against Cheerleader Melissa, Ariel and Rain. In other news : Trent Acid signed with ECW and Shad Gaspard signed a developmental deal being assigned to Georgia Championship Wrestling. Day 7 : Some action today in the wrestling world as WCW continues it’s quest to sign everyone up, yet again, John Hennigan has signed a contract with World Championship Wrestling, the WWE are also looking to improve their roster some as they have signed Antonio Banks and Carly Colon, Super Crazy signed with the NWA and Rocky Romero has been locked into a written contract with Ring of Honor. Results from last night are looking like this : AAA Lucha Libre put on a good show last night with the match of the night being Zumbido defeating Mascarita Sagrada. WXW’s Rage TV aired last night in a decent show that saw Kacee Carlisle retain her title against Talia Madison and Devon Moore besting Drew Blood and E.C. Negro to retain the WXW USA Lightweight Title. NOAH’s Stay Hungry tour rages on and the match of the night in this decent outing was Suzuki defending the GHC Junior Heavyweight Title against Hashi, KENTA and Shiosaki. New Japan Pro Wrestling’s Ravenous Tour was possibly the show of the night with two title changes, as Minoru and BSM defeated Jado & Gedo to capture the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Titles and Togi Makabe defeated Wataru Inoue for the IWGP U-30 Openweight Title. The match of the night however was Nagata and Chono going over Tanahashi and Lyger. All Japan Pro Wrestling’s Firehouse Tour continued with the match of the night being Dangerous K and Sasaki defeating Tajiri and Mutoh in the Main Event. The American Wrestling Association sold out the Lewis and Clark Park as 5,000 fans were on hand to witness this first Pay Per View from the Minnesota based company, The AWA Tag Team Champions, The Rock n Roll Express successfully defended their titles against long time rivals The Midnight Express. Scott Hall also retained his AWA World Heavyweight Title when he defeated Marty Jannetty in the Main Event. PWG Based on a True Story took place last night with the most notable match being Super Dragon defeating El Generico for the PWG Heavyweight Title. [B][I]Day 8 : [/I][/B] I was rudely awakened this morning by the sound of my phone going crazy, I finally answered it after listening to ICP’s “Chicken Huntin” blare out of my phone for a good 10 minutes, at the other end was Cary Silkin, on a conference call with Gabe Sapolsky. [COLOR="Red"]“TELL ME YOU DIDN’T OFFER A CONTRACT TO THAT SON OF A BITCH!”[/COLOR] Cary was shouting at me almost unaudible through my ****ty cell phone, “Calm down Cary, if you’re talking about who I think you’re talking about, the answer is yes, I sent a contract offer to him and a couple of other people, the feedback has been that I need some big names”, I answered. After a long pause and some heavy breathing, I wasn’t sure if he was masterbating or hyperventilating, [COLOR="Red"]“Well, if he accepts the offer and things go wrong, not only will it mean his job, it will mean [I]YOURS TOO![/I]”[/COLOR] and with that Cary hung up leaving Gabe and I to talk about the possible acquisition, Gabe too was not very happy with the idea, however, thought that it might bring good business. In other news, there have been a few signings and the Press Conference is right around the corner, it will be held prior to tomorrow night’s house show and will be broadcast live on You Tube as well as rohwrestling.com. I haven’t received many e-mails about last night’s shows, however I do know that HWA had a couple of title changes as Ganger and Williams won the HWA Tag Titles from Tarek and Tack. While Matt Stryker won the HWA Heavyweight Title from Brian Jennings. Also, Gary Michael Cappetta and Bobby Cruise have both been granted a release from their contracts, Ring of Honor wishes them well in future endeavors. ………… And now the real fun begins, coming out soon will be the pre-House Show Press Conference as well as the continuation of the diary. --Any feedback is welcome, this is my first real attempt with a diary.

ROH is driven to pure wrestling, however, I've found out by my trial game (I ran a small game before starting the diary) that this is geared more towards Sports Entertainment the way that it is set-up, do I use the editor to put it to where it should be, or do I leave it as it is and run ROH as the SE that it seems to be set at?

Archived